Benefits Administrator Job Description Sample
HR Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Element6 is currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Administrator for our partner client in Charlotte, NC. Our client is a multinational manufacturer and this position would support the North American Operation by administering activities relating to the company payroll, benefits and HRIS/Payroll processing including developing, implementing and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert and key point of contact for all payroll, benefits and HRIS/Payroll administration. This is a responsible non-supervisory position.
Principal Accountabilities / Main functions:
- Process and ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll for multi-site, US and Canadian, multi-company codes, including importing hours from time and attendance system and administration of all regulatory requirements – exempt, non-exempt, ex-pat
- Comply with payroll and benefit regulatory record keeping for the North America region
- Perform regular payroll and benefit audits ensuring both compliance and accuracy
- Responsibility for maintenance of HRIS/Payroll system, ensuring complete and accurate employee personnel records
- Respond to and assist as needed, employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits
- Complies with all governmental regulator mandates and ensured filings are submitted as required
- Administration of time and attendance and paid leave policy
- Sourcing and administration of employee benefits programs including all employee communication and support
- Create and produce both regularly scheduled and on-demand HRIS/Payroll reports for internal customers and external inquiries
- Travel to various company locations to support HR functions as necessary
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field, or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience administering payroll experience with ADP systems preferred
- Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance, etc.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, delivering high volume in fast-paced environment
- Ability to research, analyze and problem-solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office and comfortable with new technology platforms
- Some knowledge and experience of 401(k) compliance a plus
- Must be able and willing to travel via auto/air up to 25%
The Cornerstone Insurance Group is the largest locally owned insurance brokerage in St. Louis. We focus on implementing strategies to positively impact our clients’ bottom line and allow them to get back to the business of running their business. Our mission is to create long-lasting, honest relationships with each of our partners, and to provide the best service and solutions on an ongoing basis. We are a fun and vibrant organization looking for someone who is equally fun & vibrant!
We have an immediate opening for a Benefits Administrator at our Creve Coeur location in. The Benefits Administrator position is responsible for providing internal customer support and assisting with the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan). Additional tasks as needed by senior leadership. Candidate must be disciplined and self-motivated. Candidate must also have a high degree of confidentiality as information will be sensitive in nature.
- Extensive data entry and Excel work.
- Professionally handle all incoming and outgoing communication with both clients and vendors. Includes promptly answering calls in a professional and friendly manner, responding to emails in a timely manner and speaking with clients in a friendly and hospitable manner.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Assist in the management of the benefit plan renewal process.
- Process enrollments, terminations, benefit changes, including updating beneficiaries, on medical, ancillary, disability, and accident policies.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- One to three years related benefits or employee benefit administration experience required.
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are required.
- Knowledge of benefit contract language
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Medicare, and Social Security.
- Requires excellent phone etiquette, and both professional and polite verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance in a business casual environment.
- Candidate must be punctual and timely – regular attendance is a key component of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years related benefits or employee benefit administration experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable, but not required.
Cornerstone offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a friendly and supportive working environment. For consideration please respond to this post.
CSC ServiceWorks is a dynamic, global leader in laundry solutions and air vending services. We have over 3,000 team members who are driven by one goal — being best-in-class. Our mission is to provide our team members with career growth, financial benefits, job security, purpose, and the opportunity to help strengthen the communities where we live, work and play. When you join us, you can grow your career while being part of something greater — helping transform our company into the CSC ServiceWorks of the future, insuring that everyone has access to reliable and exceptional laundry solutions and air vending services for everyday living and those special moments in life where results matter.
BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primarily responsible for coordinating and administering a variety of programs and activities covering multiple HR workstreams to include Leaves of Absence in compliance with the organization’s policies and Federal/State regulations.
- Respond to leave, disability, and life insurance questions/issues
- Process/track leave paperwork (STD/LTD)
- Coordinate leaves with Workers Comp
- Coordinate with leave vendor partner
- Provide payroll with notification of LOAs and update as to status
- Process life insurance requests
- COBRA Administration
- New employee benefits enrollment communications
- Benefit Set-Ups in Payroll
- Track/update manual changes in ADP (new hire, QE with dependent verification, etc.)
- Benefit eligibility class maintenance
- Process Medical Support Orders
- Bachelor’s degree; and 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, financial reports, legal documents, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to promptly respond to inquiries from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Competitive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with generous company match.
Payroll And Benefits Administrator
The Payroll Company’s Human Resources services (TPCHR LLC), a fast-growing provider of consulting and administrative services to a number of businesses across many industries, is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator providing support to a select number of clients over the phone and via email.
- Assuring client information and employee data is accurate and up-to-date in payroll and on vendor sites.
- Reviewing payroll, timekeeping and other information to detect and reconcile discrepancies.
- Processing payroll and reconciling benefit invoices.
- Solving issues related to payroll and benefits, answering inquiries, and enforcing company policies.
- Communicating/providing communications to clients and client employees.
- Working with the team to continuously improve, appropriately document and effectively follow work processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business Administration or similar.
- 4+ years of benefits administration/managementor payroll processing (outsourced payroll processing is ideal) experience is preferred
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and Word). Must be technology-inclined.
- Good math skills.
- Proven effective oral and written communications skills in dealing with constituents internally and at all levels of our client organizations.
- Demonstrated track record in organization/time management, analytical abilities, accuracy, confidentiality, and detail-orientation.
- High-energy learner who is passionate about HR. Since TPCHR does not focus on any one industry, business sector, geographic location or company size, our HR team is energized by the challenges of "any issue from any industry or sector at any time."
Located in Middleton, WI, TPCHR is a destination employer (with an established track record of high client retention and year-over-year growth) for individuals who thrive on learning, progressing and providing outstanding client support in HR. We provide an excellent work environment (comprehensive resources, accessible subject matter experts and open communications). The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive wage and benefits package (including PTO, 401(k), medical, dental, life/voluntary life, STD, LTD, etc.).
TPCHR values equal opportunity and diversity/E-verify employer.
We are looking for a Benefits Administrator for a 6 Months contract position in Bellevue,WA with the leader in Hotel/Travel software products. The ideal candidate will have a College Degree and experience with leave of absence benefits administration.
As a part of the benefits team, you are key member responsible for the daily administration of the benefit programs, including health, welfare, and retirement plans.This role will focus on leave of absence administration, assist with other benefits administration, and provide related employee, HR, and vendor support, with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
General Responsibilities of the Benefits Administrator:
- Serve as leave of absence subject matter expert familiar with leave of absence and disability provisions
- Administer leave of absences and benefits programs. Consult with and advise HR and employees on eligibility and programs.
- This role will focus on leave of absence administration, assist with other benefits administration, and provide related employee, HR, and vendor support
- Serve as leave of absence subject matter expert familiar with leave of absence and disability provisions
- Support employee and HR leave of absence inquiries and manage vendor interactions
- Perform ongoing high volume of time sensitive detailed leave pay calculations and reporting with accuracy in coordination with payroll department processes
- Respond to employee and HR inquiries and escalations related to health, welfare, retirement, and other benefit programs via email, telephone, and in person as appropriate
- Monitor and assist with employee benefits eligibility, enrollment, and related vendor management functions; troubleshoot and assist in resolution of issues
- Update and maintain organization benefit program processes and documentation where appropriate; assist with written and online benefits program documentation and communications to support employees and HR functions
- Serve as liaison between employees and third parties including health and insurance suppliers, retirement and pension administrators, and carriers; trend and address issues
- Analyze LOA programs and plans to optimize and re-engineer for streamlined effectiveness and reduce administrative burden
- Assist with US Annual Enrollment project and benefit plan year transition, including coordination of benefits materials; review of employee enrollment system tools and resources; coordination of benefit meetings and fairs at HQ and across field locations; respond to and facilitate issue resolution related employee and HR inquiries
- Assist with benefits New Employee Orientation (NEO) facilitation and materials; facilitate NEO benefits presentation and schedule of rotating presenters; ensure field locations have appropriate collateral; update and maintain materials
- Coordinate employee onsite, location, and remote benefits events and activities, such as educational workshops and webinars.
- Process various internally administered benefit functions including Tuition Reimbursement requests and child support orders.
- Support benefit vendor invoicing process as needed.
- Manage incoming third party requests, benefits department mail, and other miscellaneous inquiries
- Support and/or manage other benefit programs and other department functions and initiatives as needed, including Total Rewards special projects and global initiatives.
Qualifications for the HR Benefits Administrator:
- BA or AA required
- 3-5 years benefits administration experience in a fast paced/changing and high growth environment is required
- Experience in a corporate automated benefits environment preferred
- Workday experience highly desired
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel is required
- Demonstrates a high level of employee service and support, balanced with promotion of online self-education tools
- Organized approach to working in a multi-task position with excellent attention to detail and deadlines with a sense of urgency; accuracy of pay related benefits calculations and learning agility are essential
- Learning agility is critical
- Able to execute assignments in collaborative environment, and manage programs and suppliers as needed
- Strong technical orientation is preferred, with the ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communication; strong written communication and employee presentation skills important
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be local to the Bellevue,WA/Metro area
- Must be able to start immediately
Located in the bay area, we are the leading staffing provider for Expedia's professional needs. Our client has several lines of business which sell activities and services including theme park tickets, Broadway shows, tours, attractions, ground transfers, and airport parking to consumers before they leave on their trips and/or while they are in destination. Our client is committed to their customers, contractors, employees, vendors and suppliers and committed to innovating how professionals work together to optimize the customer experience.
Sr. Benefits Administrator
Seeking a full-time Senior Benefits Administrator experienced in supporting large, mutli-layered organizations. This individual will support the Benefits Team’s larger functions but will be primarily focused on compliance, vendor management, 401(k) & billing expertise, plan and process improvement, and the financial balance of a decentralized corporation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives when there are opportunities to take initiative. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
- Maintain benefit plans with an emphasis on the financial and process components of the benefit functions: compliance, premium billing and processing, utilization, data analytics.
- Regularly reconcile and audit benefits plan enrollment, system setup, payroll deductions and vendor billing.
- Create more efficient business processes to support a complex and decentralized organization.
- Act as subject matter expert on all health and welfare benefits needs across the organization.
- Oversee implementation of new benefit programs and suggest changes to current programs.
- Work with vendors and brokers to ensure the best plans for employees, holding external partners accountable to SLAs.
- Work with benefit advisers to analyze plan utilization and benchmarking data to propose enhancements to benefit offerings.
- Manage vendor relationships with insurance carriers, 401(k) plan administrators, consultants and other service providers.
- Monitor the legal and regulatory environment as it impacts benefit plans and make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Help execute on annual enrollment process from planning to managing employee communications, and presenting benefits plans to all employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years benefits experience at a large organization with diverse employee populations.
- Excellent understanding of benefits plans, and compliance requirements (FMLA, ACA, HIPAA, federal and state laws)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Exceptional integrity, accountability, and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Experience with Open Enrollment across various employee types and demographics.
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving, fast paced culture and meet time-critical deadlines.
- Ability to maintain professional and approachable demeanor to effectively handle sensitive employee inquiries and maintain great employee rapport.
- Demonstrates flexibility, organization and self-motivation.
Will set you apart:
- Workday HCM knowledge preferred.
- Proven compliance and regulatory knowledge and expertise
- Data-driven; experience with data analytics
- Ability to backup FMLA and leave policies and practices
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship Ticektmaster, and Artist Nation Management. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 26,000 shows and 80+ festivals annually for nearly 3,300 artists in over 40 countries.
Artist Nation Management is one of the world’s leading artist management companies, representing more than 500 artists. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with over 480 million tickets sold and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 900 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the more than 71 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Why Live Nation?
A career at Live Nation will challenge and engage you. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices or venues and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Payroll And Benefits Administrator
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position is responsible for providing payroll processing and act as point of contact for US benefit plans. This position acts as point of contact to employees with respect to payroll questions and concerns, incentive programs, and other special campaigns. In addition, this role coordinates company benefit programs through policy coordination with third party administrators.
Major Responsibilities of Position
o Process bi-weekly payrolls and irregular bonus runs ensuring right first time payroll
o Transmit and distribute payroll in a timely manner
o Coordinate new hire enrollment in company payroll
o Ensure proper application of Friend of the Court, garnishments, court ordered payments, etc., as required
o Ensure accuracy of time card data in relation to company policy and applicable laws. Address issues by educating employees responsible for time approval
o Complete and track manual adjustments and payroll corrections in a timely fashion
o Track and drive improvement to ensure right first time payroll metric
o Prepare payroll reports for other department and government agencies.
o Manage company benefit programs associated with payroll.
o Prepare manual checks as required.
o Prepare, document and submit pay summaries, vacation schedules, rate increases, etc. Fiscal reports, and summaries, scheduled prepared and distributed.
o Attend Seminars to stay abreast of new legislations (i.e. taxes & employment standards)
o Serve as a liaison between employees and third party administrators
o Administer and manage monthly premium calculations, and address issues
o Coordinate probation periods, monthly review and rate change schedules, advising supervisors and managers of appropriate milestones.
o Assist employees in addressing questions or concerns related to the employee benefits program, utilizing third party administrators
o Coordinate new hire and annual enrollment in company benefit programs
o Coordinate employment verification
o Document and maintain payroll changes including alignment to company policy, accuracy of information and appropriate approvals
o Maintain payroll reports and employee payroll
o Assure accuracy and confidentiality of files
o Working with/through HR, IT, management teams, optimize the HRIS system (Plex) to its highest degree of usefulness for the HR, payroll, and timekeeping functions.
o Develop and test workflows and come up with innovative ideas to utilize the program to its highest level.
· Understand and administer company policies and procedures fairly and consistently
· Maintain good relations with employees through reliable response and assuring confidentiality and compassion to employees for their concerns.
· Build relationships with supervisors and managers to ensure timely, accurate and effective problem solving
· Self-development accomplished and career plans developed.
· Other duties as required, including special projects as they arise
· To act on government orders or court orders are received
· To question time clock records when a discrepancy is found and
· To investigate and document payroll related concerns
· To enroll employees into company benefits programs
- BSBS – Provider of Meridian’s medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- EHIM – Provider of Meridian’s pharmaceutical program
- Mutual of Omaha – Provider of Meridian’s Life, Short and Long Term Disability programs; World Travel and Employee Assistance programs.
- ADP - Provider of our payroll software which Meridian uses to accurately pay our employees.
- Finance Dept. – Controller of Meridian’s payroll bank account which transfer to ADP to ensure that the employees are paid.
- Supervisors and Managers – Responsible for the accuracy of time clock records
- Employees –
- To advocate /ensure that employees are paid on-time and accurately.
- To act on their behalf, when authorized, to receive answers that they need from the benefit providers.
- To ensure new hires are enrolled and are orientated in the company’s payroll and benefit programs.
Educational and Certification Background
Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent field of study; or 8 years of Human Resources experience in progressive positions
Three years of experience processing time and payroll, ADP experience is preferred
Three years of experience coordinating benefit programs
Three years of experience working with an HRIS, Plex experience is preferred
Solid understanding of Human Resources legal requirements
Personal Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes):
· Microsoft Office professional with intermediate Excel skills.
· Strong interpersonal, time management, multitasking and organizational skills.
· Must be able to learn and apply company policies & procedures accurately and consistently
· Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written
· Strong team ethic
· Fluency in English; Fluency in Mandarin preferred
· Accountable attitude toward problem solving and the completion of tasks
· Attention to detail
Ability to provide face-2-face coaching and feedback to supervisors and managers
Our Eaton Rapids Michigan plant began production in 1994. Annual product production is about 13,140 net metric tons and the plant is 208,000 sq. ft. (13,800 sq. m.) in size.
Free Medical and Dental Healthcare option plans
401k with company match
2 weeks vacation
13 paid holidays per year
$150/yr Safety Shoe allowance
$150/yr Vision allowance
Payroll And Benefits Administrator
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Under the Direction of the Payroll and Benefits Manager the Benefits and Payroll Administrator is responsible for administering benefits and payroll for the Firm and its affiliates.
Essential Functions- Benefits:
- Meeting regularly with Payroll and Benefits Manager to communicate status of Firm members and any issues as it related to payroll and benefits.
- Provide leadership in areas relative to all benefit programs for all Firm members.
- Process Firm member benefit forms, including but not limited to life, health and dental insurance, cafeteria plan and HSA for new hires and during open enrollment.
- Process monthly benefit invoices and resolve discrepancies
- Coordinate with insurance companies, broker and Firm members to resolve insurance issues.
- Ensures all benefits and Workers Compensation programs for Firm members are properly and consistently administered.
- Serve as contact with benefits vendors and insurance broker
- Maintain Firm wellness program including current gym benefit and additional plans to be developed
- Conduct new hire orientation process and assist with Firm member employment terminations
- Assist in negotiations for annual renewal of insurance and other benefit programs. (Has not taken place yet)
- Assist Payroll and Benefits Manager with preparation and fieldwork during 401k Plan annual audit.
- Process and approve United Way contribution monthly remittances.
- Responsible for PTO reconciliation and annual year-end roll forward .
- Respond to requests for verification of employment.
- FMLA’s requests, process from beginning to end, included Short Term Disability Claims.
- Attend various webinars related to payroll/benefits/HR.
- Handle the Flu Shots.
- Schedule the masseuse during busy season.
- Help with Bring your Child to Work Day.
Essential Functions – Payroll
- Run weekly summary time reports prior to payroll processing and prepare payroll time worksheet for processing.
- Prepare and process payroll batches each pay period, including hours, overtime pay, and changes in payroll deductions and income tax withholding.
- Process payroll reimbursements for gym memberships and wholesale clubs.
- Meet with firm members and administer documentation regarding leaves of absence including those related to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- File new hire forms and take responsibility for new hire data.
- Meet with firm members on scheduled and ad-hoc basis to discuss benefits and payroll issues.
- Assist Payroll and benefits Manager and HR department with other duties as necessary.
- Ability to safeguard and maintain the integrity of confidential information, such as Firm member personal information, compensation, benefits and other matters
- Accuracy- Work produced is consistently above standards with minimal errors
- Attention to Detail- Exceptionally thorough with minimal amount of revision required
- Neatness- Work is well-organized and meticulously executed
- Time Management- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Reliability- Demonstrates responsibility and judgment
- Attendance- Exceptional attendance record required
- Comprehension- Exceptional ability to apply knowledge to related tasks
- Initiative- Accepts additional and unexpected responsibilities
- Research Ability – able to complete research assignments
- Knowledge of Firm Services- Has general understanding of Firm’s services
- Professionalism- Exceptionally level of courtesy in all forms of communication both internally and externally
- Teamwork- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Attitude – extremely cooperative, courteous, tactful and considerate
- Community- Actively seeks participation in appropriate organizations
- Software- Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, Paylocity a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three or more years of Benefits and Payroll experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to develop and foster positive relationships with all levels of employees and managers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience working in a professional services firm
BPB offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Each individual in our organization is integral to the Firm's success. Our Firm culture is one that is cohesive and unified. We are a team with a family atmosphere that creates a supportive environment and enables people to build fulfilling careers.
Our HR Team has a place for a new member. We're a benefit -rich employer, and we're growing. We need help administering, communicating and maximizing our plans. This role works in the support services group, reporting to the corporate director of HR. The benefits administrator position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403(b), educational assistance program, etc.). The benefits administrator provides excellent customer service, quality improvement, and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.Minimum
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Associates degree (bachelor's preferred) with 3 -5 years of related benefits or employee benefits administration
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations related to employment and benefits
We provide management services to retirement communities throughout New Mexico and the southwest, and we are committed to excellence in retirement community management.
It is our mission to enhance the well-being and quality of life for older persons with competency, compassion and ethical behavior.
We're dedicated to you.
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Telgian Corporation is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join our growing team!
AS an integral and valued member or our HR team, the Payroll and Benefits Administrator performs administrative work involved in the timely and accurate processing of the organizations payroll function and distribution of benefits programs. Combined functions include maintaining employee records, processing and analyzing related data records, reconciling accounts, reporting and issues resolution to ensure programs are carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
IN this role, as you get started you will enjoy top-level support from our HRIS/Payroll providers, HR and accounting teams, and a very knowledgeable, active, and involved benefits broker - and once you're up to speed, your ideas to streamline and improve our payroll and benefits services and functions will always be encouraged and welcomed.
In your new role you will oversee and administer both the payroll and benefits functions for 300+ associates working in multiple locations across the United States. More specifically, you will be:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for multiple locations; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Responsible for the coordination of efforts between payroll, human resources, 3rd party payroll providers, finance/accounting and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. payroll by labor allocation, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports).
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system; setup each employee, validate programs for each employee's charges, and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure validation of data transfers to/from payroll service.
- Determine employee benefits eligibility, prepare and distribute communications to inform employees of benefit options/plans, manage enrollments and monitor use; resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Handle all benefit compensation and reimbursement procedures; responsible for ensuring timely payment of monthly benefits premiums including reconciliation of benefits accounts and billing statements, and work with benefit providers to resolve discrepancies prior to executive approval.
- Prepares benefits reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Preparation of annual employee census for basis of quotes from insurers and providers of benefits. Facilitates creation, review and distribution of year-end reports.
Compensation and Benefits
At Telgian, we are proud to offer a unique, professional work environment where we consider all of our associates to be part of our family. We provide a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package with market leading (low!) health-care costs, and a place to advance your career. More importantly as a values driven organization, at Telgian you will be treated with dignity while having fun in your work!
At Telgian, we are looking for high performing Team Members to support our mission to save lives and property in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, you will bring the following qualifications to the table:
- Required: 3 or more years payroll experience for 200+ employees required; multi-site experience strongly preferred;
- Required: 3 or more years processing payroll using integrated payroll software (ADP, PayCom, Ultipro, Paychex, Bamboo, etc.);
- 3 years benefits administration experience strongly preferred (but if you're solid in payroll we can teach you benefits!) - we have a very knowledgeable, active, and involved broker providing invaluable support on the benefits side.
- Knowledgeable in current payroll practices, laws, trends and information; working knowledge of benefits admin a plus;
- Professional presence, strong work ethic and ability to effectively interact cross-functionally to meet and exceed internal customer expectations;
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized and analytical, structured approach to work; strong time/task management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!