Benefits Administrator Job Description Sample
Sr. Benefits Administrator
Our Client is seeking a Sr. Benefits Administrator possessing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus 5 years' related benefits administration experience. A CEBS professional designation is preferred. Responsibilities
Assist in & Document Open Enrollment Planning.
Document and develop a timeline for all Regulatory requirements (communication & filings) for benefits & retirement plans (401K and defined benefit).
Work with vendors to develop/update Open Enrollment employee training materials. Qualifications Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus 5 years' related benefits administration experience required. CEBS professional designation preferred.
Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Medicare and DOL requirements required.
Excellent understanding of benefit & retirement regulatory requirements
Experience in developing training materials
Excellent understanding of US benefits and retirement plans
Excellent communication and organization skills required. Skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills and knowledge of plan designs required
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Strong ability to prioritize tasks and to multiple projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
Must have strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS software preferred.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Excellent written communication Skills (English).
Excellent verbal communications skills (English). Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Cathy at 201-226-3529 for additional information. Approx. Duration: 4 months About Hired By Matrix Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years. As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client’s needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term. Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.Equal Opportunity EmployerWBENC CertifiedWOSB Certified*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group. Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career! Hired by Matrix Career Center:http://bit.ly/HbMCareers
Job Description Coordinates the administration of benefit programs such as basic and major medical coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, pension plans and other benefits. Consults with and advises employees on eligibility, provisions and other matters related to benefits.
Maintains benefits records and documents. Assists in the preparation of employee benefits booklets and other employee benefit communications.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Benefits Administrator - Human Resources
- Human Resources
Location NJ - Basking Ridge
- Corporate Office
REPORTS TO: Director, Compensation & Benefits
Human Resources Department
Home Office, Field, and Store Management
External Benefit Plan Service Providers/Vendors, Claims Administrators, Insurers, Record-keepers/Trustees, Brokers/Consultants
JOB SUMMARY: The Benefits Administrator is responsible for the administration of corporate group benefit programs, including group health, dental, vision, short-term, and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, flexible spending, 401(k), and commuter benefits. Must be able to provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers and supports team by assisting in special projects.
Respond to employee inquiries in a professional, timely and compassionate manner
Administer Health & Welfare related activities to include new hire eligibility communication, QLE administration, and termination process
Communicate retroactive benefit deductions to employees and payroll
Provides support during annual open enrollment event, works with other team members to ensure changes are correctly communicated to various vendors
Generate separation packages for employees terminating employment. Separation packages should include COBRA/HIPPA notices, 401(k) Termination information and conversion information, as appropriate.
Generate COBRA receipt letter with invoices after receipt of signed COBRA election. Track COBRA premiums, deposit checks with Accounting, generate late payment correspondence and update eligibility information on Benefit system and with HMO’s, if appropriate
Respond to and coordinate with governmental agencies and outside requests for verification of coverage or NMSN (National Medical Support Notices)
Ensure correct deductions are applied in HRIS system
Monitor vendor file feeds and correct any deficiencies in HRIS/Vendor websites
Ability to problem solve and communicate solutions clearly
ADHOC reporting upon request
Process all vendor invoices and check requests as determined by the plans
Responsible for the maintenance of employee benefit files, ensuring all required support documentation is received and filed neatly and in established order
Work with employees, vendors and benefit specialist to resolve claim issues
Develop and maintain departmental procedures on health & welfare administration
Provide back-up to department as needed
Work with key team members in times of system upgrades and changes
Adhere to Barnes & Noble Policies and Procedures
Perform other responsibilities as directed by supervisor REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate’s degree and 2 to 5 years of related benefits or equivalent employee benefits administration experience
Ability to prioritize and accomplish work under moderate to limited supervision
Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
General understanding of concepts, practices and procedures involved in administering employee benefits (e.g., ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.) Proven ability of working in a team environment
Experience with maintain data in HRIS/Benefit carrier systems. Accustomed to pulling ADHOC benefit reports and presenting information in a clear, concise manner
Experience with Ultimate Software a plus Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™. The Benefits Administrator is a key member of the Americas Shared Services team responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs in the US and Canada (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) retirement plan, RPP, RRSP, voluntary benefit plans, and company-specific benefit plans). This role provides administrative support and excellent customer service for benefits programs, and provides analytical and technical support in the improvement, design, and delivery of the benefits programs.
Responsible for daily benefits processing to include Leaves of Absence (STD, LTD, Maternity and Paternity) , enrollments, COBRA, terminations, status changes, beneficiary updates, disability, accident and death claims, ergo requests, tuition reimbursements.
Facilitate and collaborate with vendors on US retirement plans and Canada Pension plans in addition to supporting compliance testing.
Assists US and Canadian employees with questions and concerns regarding benefit plans, services and company procedures.
Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits databases, and coordinate data with payroll team as needed.
Create and maintain central HR Benefits folders, as well as execute and maintain all compliance related requirements and retention standards.
Maintain leave reports and ensure HR BPs and managers are informed of leave related processes and updates.
Coordinate data collection of the company Workers’ Compensation program, including processing workers’ compensation claims, responding to questions, and interacting with Workers’ Compensation insurers.
Use PeopleSoft HRIS to prepare special reports to capture headcount and other data from within the US and Canada required to manage various insurance programs, COBRA, OSHA, etc.
Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans. Prepare for plan audits.
Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys in US and Canada and reviews information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Develops specific recommendations for review by management.
Review benefits programs, particularly after mergers and acquisitions.
Serve as primary contact for vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting.
Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
Ensures compliance with applicable governmental regulations within the US (federal and state regulations) and Canadian provincial law.
Ensures compliance with federal and state labor posting regulations for the various office locations.
Other projects assigned, as needed.
BA degree preferred;
Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a dedicated benefits HR role with strong absence management experience
GBA, CEBS certification, and/or PHR designation preferred.
Knowledge of and experience with Canadian and/or Latin America benefits a plus.
Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner
Strict confidentiality of employee and company data
Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Exceptional verbal/written skills and attention to detail
Strong financial sense; accounting background
Demonstrated self-starter and self-manager, with persistent follow through on assignments
Collaborative and flexible approach to all team duties and support
Excellent PC skills, including advanced Excel skills
PeopleSoft HRIS or other HR information system experience Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ID: 2018-20771 Employee Class: R- Regular External Company URL: http://us.trendmicro.com/us/home/
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
This position supports the tesa tape, inc., North America Region by administering activities relating to the company payroll, benefits and HRIS/Payroll processing including developing, implementing and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert and key point of contact for all payroll, benefits and HRIS/Payroll administration.
Process and ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll for multi-site, US and Canadian, multi-company codes, including importing hours from time and attendance system and administration of all regulatory requirements – exempt, non-exempt, ex-pat
Comply with payroll and benefit regulatory record keeping for the North America region
Perform regular payroll and benefit audits ensuring both compliance and accuracy
Responsibility for maintenance of HRIS/Payroll system, ensuring complete and accurate employee personnel records
Respond to and assist as needed, employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits . . .
Complies with all governmental regulator mandates and ensured filings are submitted as required
Administration of time and attendance and paid leave policy
Sourcing and administration of employee benefits programs including all employee communication and support
Create and produce both regularly scheduled and on-demand HRIS/Payroll reports for internal customers and external inquiries
Travel to various company locations to support HR functions as necessary
Other duties and projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field, or equivalent education/experience
Minimum 5+ years experience administering payroll experience with ADP systems preferred
Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance, etc.
Must have a high level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability ot handle sensitive and confidential situations
Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, delivering high volume in fast-paced environment
Ability to research, analyse and problem-solve
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft office and comfortable with new technology platforms
Some knowledge and experience of 401(K) compliance a plus
Must be able and willing to travel via auto/air up to 25% External Company Name: Tesa Tape Inc External Company URL: tesatape.com
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Performs all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
Also responsible to managing employee benefits, including Paid-Time-Off, Medical and Dental Insurance Benefits, etc.
Medical, Dental, and Paid Time Off Benefits are available. Salary is DOE.
Payroll And Benefits Administrator
Wilmington, DE professional services company seeks an experienced Payroll and Benefits Administrator to monitor and carry out the day-to-day functions associated with the Company’s semi-monthly payroll and robust benefits offerings. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and organizational skills. He or she will also have relevant experience in administering payroll and benefits through a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) platform. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this position is responsible for the following critical functions:
· Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data for a semi-monthly payroll for approximately 150 employees in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
· Processes all employee changes in robust HRIS platform, including employee onboarding and offboarding.
· Audits time and attendance aspects of HRIS for integrity.
· Processes separate payrolls on an as-needed basis; for example, for special bonus runs.
· Processes garnishments and other court-ordered withholdings; report on same as required by law.
· Facilitates and ensures appropriate distribution of all year-end tax documents.
· Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports, as requested, for management.
· Works closely with Finance team on journal entries, account reconciliations and general ledger support.
· Calculates and accounts for exception pay, where warranted, for PTO, Short-Term Disability and other forms of non-working pay.
· Stays abreast of all relevant changes and trends in the law and the industry, making recommendations about process improvements and compliance requirements.
· Other payroll-related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· Administers the Company’s health and welfare plans, including enrollments and terminations. Using the HRIS tools provided by the Company, processes required information through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
· Coordinates with the Company’s third-party COBRA Administrator for all required notices and COBRA participant enrollment/management.
· Processes all invoices from insurance carriers and benefits broker. Reviews bills for accuracy, and resolves any discrepancies with carriers, Payroll and the Company’s Finance Department. Completes billing reports for management, as requested.
· Coordinates with insurance companies and benefits broker to resolve employee and/or partner insurance issues or concerns.
· Facilitates and administers the Company’s annual open enrollment process, including by engaging in dialog with Company leadership and making recommendations regarding marketplace trends, renewal analysis and overall benefits strategy.
· Serves as a subject-matter expert on the Company’s various benefit plans in order to efficiently answer employee questions or concerns regarding eligibility and details of each plan.
· Administers employee leaves of absence requirements, including preparation and delivery of required paperwork, communication to insurance carriers (if relevant) and coordination with Payroll for appropriate classification of time.
· Other benefits-related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate for this position will exercise the highest level of caution and discretion with his or her work, as it will be imperative to maintain all data and information associated with this role in the strictest of confidence. Other required qualifications include:
· A Bachelor’s degree in HR, Accounting, Business Administration or similar field, or commensurate experience.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience serving in the lead payroll function of an organization with at least 50 employees.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience of relevant benefits administration experience.
· Previous work experience must be within a fully integrated HRIS environment. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce preferred but not required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate professionally with a wide variety of audiences, including senior leadership in Finance, HR and the Company generally.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Must also be proficient in other Microsoft Office suite of software products.
· Self-motivated; strong ability to anticipate issues proactively and deliver a high degree of customer service.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills; detail oriented.
· Proven track record of reliability and responsibility.
· Professional services industry experience preferred, but not required.
Health Benefits Administrator
Shreveport, Louisiana based regional administrative and consulting firm is looking for an experienced Health Benefits Administrator on a full time basis. Compliance experience and knowledge of Section 125 cafeteria plans and COBRA is valuable.
Health Benefits Administrator
A health benefit administrator is responsible for working with the Plan Consultants to maintain contact with clients and provide exceptional service. The administrator is responsible for paying medical claims presented through a Section 125 Cafeteria plan or a Section 105 Health Reimbursement Arrangement. The administrator will be responsible for working with plan participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Health Benefits Administrator can expect to focus in the following areas:
The Health Benefits Administrator position typically requires the following qualifications:
Salary and Benefits
Payroll And Benefits Administrator
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Under the Direction of the Payroll and Benefits Manager the Benefits and Payroll Administrator is responsible for administering benefits and payroll for the Firm and its affiliates.
Essential Functions- Benefits:
- Meeting regularly with Payroll and Benefits Manager to communicate status of Firm members and any issues as it related to payroll and benefits.
- Provide leadership in areas relative to all benefit programs for all Firm members.
- Process Firm member benefit forms, including but not limited to life, health and dental insurance, cafeteria plan and HSA for new hires and during open enrollment.
- Process monthly benefit invoices and resolve discrepancies
- Coordinate with insurance companies, broker and Firm members to resolve insurance issues.
- Ensures all benefits and Workers Compensation programs for Firm members are properly and consistently administered.
- Serve as contact with benefits vendors and insurance broker
- Maintain Firm wellness program including current gym benefit and additional plans to be developed
- Conduct new hire orientation process and assist with Firm member employment terminations
- Assist in negotiations for annual renewal of insurance and other benefit programs. (Has not taken place yet)
- Assist Payroll and Benefits Manager with preparation and fieldwork during 401k Plan annual audit.
- Process and approve United Way contribution monthly remittances.
- Responsible for PTO reconciliation and annual year-end roll forward .
- Respond to requests for verification of employment.
- FMLA’s requests, process from beginning to end, included Short Term Disability Claims.
- Attend various webinars related to payroll/benefits/HR.
- Handle the Flu Shots.
- Schedule the masseuse during busy season.
- Help with Bring your Child to Work Day.
Essential Functions – Payroll
- Run weekly summary time reports prior to payroll processing and prepare payroll time worksheet for processing.
- Prepare and process payroll batches each pay period, including hours, overtime pay, and changes in payroll deductions and income tax withholding.
- Process payroll reimbursements for gym memberships and wholesale clubs.
- Meet with firm members and administer documentation regarding leaves of absence including those related to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- File new hire forms and take responsibility for new hire data.
- Meet with firm members on scheduled and ad-hoc basis to discuss benefits and payroll issues.
- Assist Payroll and benefits Manager and HR department with other duties as necessary.
- Ability to safeguard and maintain the integrity of confidential information, such as Firm member personal information, compensation, benefits and other matters
- Accuracy- Work produced is consistently above standards with minimal errors
- Attention to Detail- Exceptionally thorough with minimal amount of revision required
- Neatness- Work is well-organized and meticulously executed
- Time Management- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Reliability- Demonstrates responsibility and judgment
- Attendance- Exceptional attendance record required
- Comprehension- Exceptional ability to apply knowledge to related tasks
- Initiative- Accepts additional and unexpected responsibilities
- Research Ability – able to complete research assignments
- Knowledge of Firm Services- Has general understanding of Firm’s services
- Professionalism- Exceptionally level of courtesy in all forms of communication both internally and externally
- Teamwork- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Attitude – extremely cooperative, courteous, tactful and considerate
- Community- Actively seeks participation in appropriate organizations
- Software- Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, Paylocity a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three or more years of Benefits and Payroll experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to develop and foster positive relationships with all levels of employees and managers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience working in a professional services firm
BPB offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Each individual in our organization is integral to the Firm's success. Our Firm culture is one that is cohesive and unified. We are a team with a family atmosphere that creates a supportive environment and enables people to build fulfilling careers.
Our high profile Hollywood client is in need of a Benefits Administrator to assist with open enrollment. The Benefits Administrator will be responsible for:
Coordinate daily benefits processing
Handle enrollments, LOA's, COBRA, etc.
Reviewing and reconciling monthly billing statements for all insurance plans
Req ID: 00295-9501055798 Functional Role: Account Executive/Staffing Manager
Postal Code:* 90668 Compensation: $20.00 to $24.00 per hour
* A minimum of two years of experience in benefits administration, enrollment, LOA and COBRA administration is required as well as experience of using HRIS software. A Bachelor's degree is also preferred.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!