Bernhards Bay Job Description Sample
Cdl-A Delivery Truck Driver
Company: Sysco Syracuse
• Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
• Minimum Years of
>• Position Type: Non-Exempt
• Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job: This Position now offers a $5000 Sign-On bonus!!!!!!!
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a delivery position responsible for driving a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for Sysco customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Sysco Safety Preferred Work Methods.
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Operate assigned STS unit to generate invoices. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedures.
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, STS unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Possess and be able to present a valid non-expired interstate Medical Examiner’s Certificate Card (MEC).
(You may be asked to provide: MEC issue date, first and last name of Medical Examiner, Medical Examiner’s license or certificate number, and state of issue, as well as Medical Examiner’s national registry number at time of application.)
- Self-certified as a non-exempted interstate driver with the state licensing agency that issued the CDL (commercial driver license)
(Please note: effective May 21, 2014 medical examiners performing DOT medical certifications must be registered and certified in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME), and the examiner’s certification date must precede the physical date.)
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 2 years’ local food or beverage delivery experience
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, the following certifications:
- Double and Triple Trailer
- Hazardous Cargo
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- At times, transport product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product weighing 1-75 pounds up to 100 pounds;
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Lease Purchase CDL A Truck Driver
WEL Companies is hiring Over-The-Road Class A CDL Truck drivers. Trucking isn t easy, but we do everything we can to make it safe, comfortable, and profitable for our drivers!
We give CDL-A truck drivers the best equipment, great hometime, higher pay, and the chance to bring your friends, family, or pets along with you! Our family-owned business is expanding with plenty of room for you to grow along with us and get all the miles you need!
Associated topics: company driver needed, company driving team, company over the road, conductores clase a, flatbed and dry van otr trucking, over the road company, over the road driver, over the road driving, regional driving, time at home
UPS - Warehouse Driver Helper (Bernhards Bay,Ny)
UPS is hiring individuals to work as temporary, seasonal Driver Helpers. This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. It requires excellent customer contact skills and a lot of walking.
As a Driver Helper you will not drive the delivery vehicle but assist the driver in the delivery of packages.
Driver Helpers usually meet the UPS driver at a mutually agreed upon time and location each weekday. Workdays can vary (Monday
Friday) or (Tuesday
Saturday) depending on the building needs. Hours vary but usually begin after 8:00 a.m. and end before 8:00 p.m. Driver Helpers must comply with UPS appearance guidelines.
Driver Helper seasonal opportunities are typically between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday time period.
This job posting includes information about the minimum qualifications (including the UPS Uniform and Personal Appearance Guidelines), locations, shifts, and operations within the locations which may consider my application. An applicant or employee may request an exception or change to, or an accommodation of, any condition of employment (including the UPS Uniform and Personal Appearance Guidelines) because of a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer - race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Associated topics: coordinator, entry level, forklift operator, logistics engineer, logistics technician, operator warehouse, pallet, warehouse operation, warehouse technician, warehouseman
RN Travel Nurse
HealthTrust Workforce Solutions offers Registered Nurses (RNs) job opportunities in leading healthcare facilities across the country. Why Travel Nurses Love Working with HealthTrust:
When you entrust your career to HealthTrust, you embark on an adventure that will broaden your nursing horizons.
We invest in our nurses and take the time to develop meaningful connections that last a lifetime. You’ll have opportunities to further develop your skills, train on new technology, and work within one of the country’s largest traveler networks.
The registered nurse (RN) specialties we staff include ICU, Critical Care, Med/Surg, Telemetry, ER, PACU, Labor & Delivery, and more at hundreds of the country's leading hospitals.
When you're part of the HealthTrust family, you:
Have a voice
Have first-priority access to thousands of jobs
Maintain medical benefits from one assignment to the next
Receive competitive housing assistance
Are matched with a dedicated recruiter who has your best interest in mind
At HealthTrust, we are inspired by those who selflessly dedicate their careers to improving the lives of others. For us, it’s all about making connections – connections that are meaningful, lasting, and have the ability to impact lives.
You’ve already discovered your passion for nursing. Now let HealthTrust help you fulfill that purpose!Please note that certain requirements must be met in order to be eligible to travel with HealthTrust Workforce Solutions.
Graduate from an accredited nursing school
Minimum of one year acute care experience in a hospital setting
Current State Nursing License
All appropriate certifications for the position to which you are applying
Cdl-A Truck Driver - Great Pay And Routes
Heartland Express is hiring Class A CDL Truck Drivers for Over the Road (OTR), Regional, Dedicated, Team, Temperature Controlled (Refrigerated), Heavy Haul and Short Haul truck driving jobs. Heartland now offers more routes, more programs, and even better pay packages.
Heartland believes that CDL-A truck drivers should be rewarded better in our industry, and has taken a gigantic step forward to back up these commitment to ourr truck drivers. We offer a wide range of benefits! Apply today to start a great career with us!
Student Driver With Class A CDL Or Limited Truck Driving Experience
CDL-A graduate truck driving jobs at Maverick: Everything your experience needs.
NEW $0.05 Pay Increase for Flatbed & Glass Student Drivers!
If you’ve just received your Class A CDL or could use more experience on the road, Maverick Transportation student truck driving opportunities provide the training you need to become a top earning professional truck driver. Our innovative student program offers paid hands-on training in flatbed, glass, and temperature control divisions. You’ll work with the best instructors and the safest equipment in the industry to get your new career in gear!
No other student program in the industry comes close to the pay package we offer:
$.38 – $.45 per mile starting pay (depending on division)
Addt’l $.02/mile Pay for Performance Bonus Introductory/New Hire Rate
Pay increases up to 5 years
Full tuition reimbursement program
Great home time
$550 Orientation Pay
Travel, Lodging, Breakfast & Lunch provided!
$550/week Training Pay
$800 Graduation Pay ($400 upon evaluation from trainer truck & additional $400 on first dispatch)
Up to $.06 per mile raise at 6 months
Flatbed, Glass and Temp Control Division openings (dependent on hiring area)
Weekend Guarantee Pay
Pay for Performance Bonus Program (up to $.06 per mile)
Modern, well-maintained equipment
Passenger Authorization program
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health/Dental Insurance & Rx card
Paid Life Insurance Policy
CDL Sponsorship Program Available
DRIVER REFERRAL BONUS - $1,000 - $2,000
GI Bill™ OJT approved!
We’ve invested millions to provide the safety and industry-leading training your experience deserves. Are you ready to roll the Maverick way? Contact recruiters to learn more about our student truck driving opportunities!
Call today – openings fill up fast!
Be at least 21 years of age
Live in hiring area
Cowan CDL A Truck Driver
Drive with Cowan
Hiring Regional CDL A Truck Drivers
Earn Gross $1456/Week < />
YOUR CAREER, START TODAY
What's In It For You:
-Regional runs home weekly
-52cpm and 2800 miles per week
-Round trip and dedicated Lanes
-Drive new equipment
About the Route:
-Drop and hook in most locations
-No touch freight in most locations
-Year Round Work
All Drivers Receive:
-Paid orientation & your own hotel room
-Direct deposit payroll
-Full benefits (medical/dental/vision)
-401(k) company participation
-Free $20K life insurance
At Cowan Systems, a leading provider of transportation services across the east coast and a family-owned business since 1924, we believe our Truck Drivers are our biggest asset! That's why we provide you with all the tools you'll need to succeed, including year round work, continued expansion/growth, excellent compensation, and a family atmosphere you'll appreciate! Candidates must have a CDL-A License and at least 1 year of verifiable Tractor Trailer driving experience. Safety is a condition of employment.
Associated topics: cdl a truck, choferes clase a, class a truck, company driver solo, company driving team, dedicated truck, flatbed and dry van otr trucking, regional driver, regional driving route, tanker truck driving
Personal Shopper (Car Required)
Earn money shopping and delivering groceries, giving customers more time to do what they love.
Be Independent Schedule work around your own life.
Have Fun Spend time shopping, exploring new things and being active.
Earn extra income Get paid weekly. Work Sundays to maximize your hours and pay. SHOP AND DELIVER (CAR REQUIRED) WHY SHOP WITH INSTACART? Use the Instacart shopper app to provide grocery shopping and delivery services.
Multiple ways to earn money and achieve your earning goals
Flexible hours - set your own availability
Less wear & tear on your car - no passengers in your vehicle
Money is deposited into your bank account every week
Shoppers that have the highest earnings know their way around a grocery store and enjoy providing fantastic customer service. WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED: * 18+ years old
Eligible to work in the US * Consistent access to a vehicle, and 2+ years of driving experience
Consistent access to a recent smartphone (iPhone 4S or above or Android 4.0+) * Ability to lift 30-40 lbs. with or without assistance MORE INFORMATION If you have previous experience in the grocery industry (such as a personal shopper, cashier, stocker, customer service representative, store manager, merchandiser, produce buyer, butcher, baker, deli clerk, barista, kitchen manager, chef) or have previous experience in the transportation industry (such as a courier, driver, truck driver, professional driver, taxi driver, food delivery driver), you might want to consider shopping with Instacart and earn great money. We also welcome applicants from other industries and backgrounds, such as ridesharing or driving networks like Lyft, Uber, or Postmates. Shopping with Instacart is great for anyone looking for flexible, seasonal, work from home, entry level, weekend, weekday, after school, temporary, or any type of part time opportunities. Instacart is committed to diversity in its workforce. Instacart is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. For all individuals applying to work in SF, we will consider qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the SF Fair Chance Ordinance. Apply in under 5 minutes! Attend an in-person session and start work within one week!
Instore Personal Banker
You might be asking yourself, "What exactly is an InStore Universal Banker?" We partner with top regional grocery store chains throughout our footprint to place bank branches right inside their store. As an InStore Universal Banker, you are at the forefront of delivering an exceptional banking experience to our customers as part of a convenient InStore branch team.
InStore Universal Bankers value strong relationships and find great satisfaction in helping others while offering sound advice. The dynamic and high-traffic environment of the InStore branch provides maximum opportunity for customer-centric, motivated and confident advisors like you to connect with customers and build a pipeline of new business for Citizens Bank. You'll make the most of every opportunity to be successful as a self-starter and "people person".
A Day in the Life of an InStore Universal Banker
- Engage with InStore customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs and recommending appropriate banking products, services and solutions
- Identify new banking customers; grow relationships with existing customers through social interactions within the store along with outbound calls
- Open new accounts and assist with teller transactions as needed
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulatory banking requirements
- Resolve customer service issues; support banking convenience for customers by sharing and setting up self-service options
- Partner with your InStore branch team and specialists to connect customers to experts who can help with specialized financial needs
- Adapt, as needed, to meet the ever-changing financial needs of our customers and the communities where we do business
- Bring a positive energy and confidence to Citizens Bank and its customers every day
- Present a professional appearance as the face of Citizens
- Strong recognition and incentive programs based on your achievements
- Training, strategies and tools to support your personal growth and the development of strong customer relationships
- Career growth opportunities in Retail, Business Banking or Wealth Management, including, but not limited to, Small Business Relationship Banker, Licensed Relationship Banker and Branch Manager based on success in this front-line role
- Collaborative workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as Medical & Dental, along with a 401K with corporate match
- High School degree or GED required
- Minimum of 1 year cash handling experience strongly preferred
- 2 years of sales and customer service experience
- Strong listening and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Commitment to building relationships through phone engagements
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Ability to strengthen relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Self-motivated, confident, and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work InStore branch hours, which include weekends and evenings
- If selected, candidates must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Varies based on branch schedule and needs, Monday through Sunday
Be a great Citizen.
Join us today.
Join us as an InStore Universal Banker and use your outstanding people skills to help shape our customer banking experience and drive your career potential at Citizens Bank.
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.
2Nd Shift/3Rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
Clinton's Ditch Cooperative a New York State Pepsi Cola Manufacturer is looking for a 2nd Shift/3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified for the safe performance of Completes required training in a timely fashion, including compliance and on-the-job training.
- Optimizes production processes.
- Installs and maintains air compressors, plant air circulation systems, cooling and heating units, and plant lighting.
- Performs preventative maintenance on assigned electrical systems, production equipment, facility, as required.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, erects, moves, and/or dismantles all types of machinery and auxiliary production equipment.
- Inspects job site and equipment to be dismantled, erected, or moved, analyzes blueprints and schematics, estimates weight of loads to be handled, lifted, clearances, and recommends support equipment needed.
- Fabricates sheet metal and structural units as needed: guarding, steps, stairs, conveyors, elevators, platforms, and sets in place.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished product.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Determines all supplies and tools needed for each assignment
- Capable of using all industrial shop and millwright equipment effectively and be able to fabricate precision parts.
- Individuals must also be familiar with production equipment’s electronic componentry and have sound knowledge of basic line control equipment.
- Be able to weld most common materials such that the end result is effective and presentable.
- Should understand and be able to use basic test equipment such as volt/ohm meters, amp meters, voltage tester micrometers - among others.
- Should be able to communicate effectively with both peers and supervisors and keep accurate records and logs.
- Must take direction and work without direct supervision, be safety conscious and follow plant policy and procedures.
- Must be able to work through construction and machinery problems in a logical manner
- Must be able to diagnose problems and correct within a reasonable amount of time.
- Must maintain work areas, tools, panels and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Should be self-motivated, professional and have good attitude toward their supervisors and fellow employees
Qualifications and Skills
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 4 years minimum.
- Required on-the-job and classroom training.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment, mechanical devices, transmission systems, interface units, AC/DC motors, wiring diagrams and schematics, computers and inspection and digital devices, and the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment.
- Must possess an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to work in multiple departments.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct.
- Maintains an awareness of and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Working Conditions: Works in both office and manufacturing environments. This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc. Requires working with or near energized 480 VAC circuits. Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Physical Requirements: This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please no phone calls or recruiters regarding this job posting
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!