Binder Coverstitch Job Description Sample
Perfect Binder Operator
The Perfect Binder Operator is responsible for running 2 perfect binders at the same time while loading 1 cover feeder. The candidate must have knowledge and experience with the proper set-up and operation of Wohlenberg Perfect Binder (20 and 24 pocket) or similar equipment in accordance with established operating procedures for Commercial print jobs. The individual will operate the equipment making the necessary adjustments and customization of the mechanics on the binder to meet customer’s requirements. Operates within company productivity and quality goals. Can approve own work and train support staff. Shift for this position will be 7am- 7pm and will include days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Set up, maintain both perfect binders and 3 knives.
- Handle minor repairs
- Make new book blocks
- Training of other colleagues in the department in all aspects of binder operation, providing expertise, coaching and guidance on an ongoing basis.
- Runs equipment at the required speeds while maintaining quality, waste and safety standards.
- Troubleshoots and solves operating problems.
- Maintains general knowledge and understanding of binding processes and equipment.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance including cleaning, lubrication belt/bearing changes, adjustments, replacing of small parts and repairs to equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of all equipment and work area.
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate both machines.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of the binder equipment preferably Wohlenberg Perfect Binder (20 and 24 pocket) experience
- Thorough knowledge of the setup, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations to perform the full range of standard and specialized binding to complete a combined finishing product.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing finishing requirements; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used.
- Willingness to learn and be trained on any new folding equipment and technology.
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs.
- Ability to transfer packed cases from taping conveyor to skids.
- Must be able to move quickly up and down the machine to troubleshoot and make fixes to maintain run speed.
- Oversee and direct additional helpers that are on the binding machines.
- Ability to work 12-hour shift (7 a.m.- 7 p.m.) including days, nights, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Physical ability to stand for 12 hours a day or more.
- Physical ability to lift and move products of up to 40 lbs. on a consistent basis throughout the course of the entire shift.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years of perfect binder set up and operation in a high quality, high volume environment required.
- Must be able to work safely, communicate well, and produce good quality work at an efficient pace.
- Mechanical and machining aptitude.
- Possess a high expectation for quality and ability to operate with minimal waste.
This job is primarily performed in a fast paced production environment. The environment can be stressful in order to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of squatting, bending and lifting required. In the summer months the warehouse, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the warehouse is also quite noisy and requires hearing protection at all times. During our peak season, our employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
DG3 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,DG3 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
At DG3, our colleagues are driven by our vision to be the best-in-class visual communications firm in the world. We embrace diversity and, with offices in some of the most diverse markets in the world, find it to be one of our secrets to success. We have established a means to attract voices across races, genders, ethnicities and religions and use those differences to break new ground. It is that same belief that allows us to live our vision every day.
Binder Assembler easy apply
- apply with indeed
location:San Jose, CA
salary:$14 per hour
date posted:Friday, January 12, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:firstname.lastname@example.org easy apply
apply with indeed
Accurately input orders and data into the system
Responsible for assembly of large print binders
Organizing of documents
- Filing large print binders into storage Working hours: 8:00am- 5:00pm
--Strong ability to actively listen and communicate solutions --Friendly, upbeat and positive attitude --Ability to multi-task and make quick decisions --Excellent communication skills both written and verbal --High school diploma or equivalent --Must be eligible to work in the United States --Must be 18 years or older Salary/Benefits: - Temporary to Hire Position
Monday- Friday 8:00am- 5:00pm - $13/hr.
All candidates are eligible for benefits including but not limited to: Medical PPO, Dental, Vision, and 401K. For immediate consideration please apply TODAY to this career building opportunity. Please submit your resume to Jon Hosea at email@example.com Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
location:San Jose, CA
salary:$14 per hour
date posted:Friday, January 12, 2018
Book Binder - 77092
Looking for people who want a career.
Must be dependable. Must have at least 3 years experience. Must have a HS Diploma/GED Candidates must pass background check. Convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis; convictions will not necessarily bar a candidate's employment.
Book Binder II
From stitching and binding to special coatings, embossing, intricate folds, die cutting, and 1-to-1 inkjet messaging, our Finishing team uses the industry’s most advanced technology to transform ink on paper into finished pieces that grab consumers’ attention and drive sales and readership for our customers.
Position Overview Quad/Graphics is seeking a Book Binder II for the Waukee, Iowa facility. this is an entry level position. The position may rotate between three areas if qualified. The feeder position, which loads appropriate sigs on to lanes to be assembled by the gatherer, the lookout position which monitors quality problems as the books are being gathered and the inspection position which is the final check before the book is shipped out to the customer.
Must be at least 18 years of age for full-time employment at time of hire.
High school diploma or GED preferred
Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Must be able to understand and follow directions
Repetitive us of hands and fingers
Ability to stand for long periods
Ability and mindset to abide by all safety measures and rules set forth by the company
Additional Company Information We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
Binder Operator 1
Binder Operator 1 Tracking Code 37889 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment). Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments.
Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using handtools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer. Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines.
Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided. Job Location Midland, Michigan, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Perfect Binder Operator
Perfect Binder Operator is needed for a great southern Virgina commercial printer.
Perfect binder operator ideally has experience with running a large perfect binder no smaller than a 8+ pocket perfect binder.
Hiring for all shifts- $21+dependent upon experience Please send all inquiries to Shannon at Reloacation assistance is a possibility for the right candidate.
Job type: Permanent
- 5 years of experience in similar positions
- Knowledge of knit product specially T shirts
- Need to know how to sew in Overlock, Coverstitch and Set tape machine
- Must have Leadership skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Complete high school or more
- How to balance a sewing line by capacity
- Knowledge in quality specifications
- knowledge in all sewing methods of a T-shirt
Sewing Machine Operator
Sewing Machine Operator
Sports Addix - Lowell, MI
This position is a part of the production department in a fast paced, rapidly expanding Sports Apparel company. Sports Addix is the official gear provider of the MHSAA as we have expanded into all sports. This position will allow you the potential for upward mobility in a fun and exciting atmosphere!
- Operating a straight stitch, overlock, and coverstitch sewing machine
- Following standard protocols to ensure the correct items are produced for each work order
- Checking for errors in each unit of the work order
- Operating a fabric cutter for pattern cutting
- Working between 35-40 hours a week within the daily hours of 7am-5pm
- NO SEWING EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
- The ability to work at a high pace
- The ability to communicate with a team to work in the most efficient manner possible
- The ability to problem solve
- The ability to have great attention to detail
Addix is your one stop shop for custom gear, custom team apparel and much more. Designed and manufactured here in Michigan, Addix can provide everything for your program including Jerseys, warmups, spirit wear.
Addix has grown at a rapid rate (over 40%) each of the past 3 years. If you are looking for an exciting, innovative company that offers unlimited growth potential, Addix is the place for you.
A Michigan product, by Michigan people, Michigan Made, Addix.
EILEEN FISHER looking for experienced Production Sewer(s). Reporting to a Factory Manager, this position will execute sewing production pieces while ensuring that they are constructed correctly and efficiently. Summary of Duties and
Ability to sew knit and woven fabrics while conforming to quality and production standards/specifications.
Inspect finished product for quality.
Able to meet daily production goals and on time delivery.
Responsible for diagnosing minor machine problems and reporting malfunctions
Able to work in a team environment
Maintain a clean work environment. Travel reimbursement will be provided.
Required Experience Education: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred. Required Experience:
Minimum of three years of experience sewing knit/woven fabrics. Willingness to learn different sewing techniques and follow direction. Ability to meet deadlines.
Must be willing to work overtime if required. Knowledge of garment construction. Ability to use single and double needle sewing machines, mock safety, double and triple needle coverstitch sewing machines. Job Location Irvington, New York, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Integrated Health Assistant
Highly energetic Assistant wanted for a fast-paced Functional Medicine and Wellness center. Must be friendly, professional and motivated.
- Positive outlook and GREAT attitude; loves to smile and enjoys working with patients
-Detail oriented and dependable
-Strong phone and interpersonal skills
-Ability to multi-task
-Eagerness to learn and grown within the office
-Comfortable working directly with patients
-Ability to follow directions
-Ability to remain calm in high stress environment or with a high volume of patients
-Team Player that can get along well with others
-Great phone etiquette
-Attention to deal
Experience a plus, but not necessary, as we will train the right personality!
CA's will work closely with other staff members, you will have some clinical handling of patients, take part in some administrative duties as needed, and in some areas of marketing,
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION
Salary is based on the ability and desire to excel in the position
Please send a resume with a brief cover letter about how you would be a good candidate for this position!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!