Binder Lockstitch Job Description Sample
Perfect Binder Operator
The Perfect Binder Operator is responsible for running 2 perfect binders at the same time while loading 1 cover feeder. The candidate must have knowledge and experience with the proper set-up and operation of Wohlenberg Perfect Binder (20 and 24 pocket) or similar equipment in accordance with established operating procedures for Commercial print jobs. The individual will operate the equipment making the necessary adjustments and customization of the mechanics on the binder to meet customer’s requirements. Operates within company productivity and quality goals. Can approve own work and train support staff. Shift for this position will be 7am- 7pm and will include days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Set up, maintain both perfect binders and 3 knives.
- Handle minor repairs
- Make new book blocks
- Training of other colleagues in the department in all aspects of binder operation, providing expertise, coaching and guidance on an ongoing basis.
- Runs equipment at the required speeds while maintaining quality, waste and safety standards.
- Troubleshoots and solves operating problems.
- Maintains general knowledge and understanding of binding processes and equipment.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance including cleaning, lubrication belt/bearing changes, adjustments, replacing of small parts and repairs to equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of all equipment and work area.
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate both machines.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of the binder equipment preferably Wohlenberg Perfect Binder (20 and 24 pocket) experience
- Thorough knowledge of the setup, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations to perform the full range of standard and specialized binding to complete a combined finishing product.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing finishing requirements; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used.
- Willingness to learn and be trained on any new folding equipment and technology.
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs.
- Ability to transfer packed cases from taping conveyor to skids.
- Must be able to move quickly up and down the machine to troubleshoot and make fixes to maintain run speed.
- Oversee and direct additional helpers that are on the binding machines.
- Ability to work 12-hour shift (7 a.m.- 7 p.m.) including days, nights, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Physical ability to stand for 12 hours a day or more.
- Physical ability to lift and move products of up to 40 lbs. on a consistent basis throughout the course of the entire shift.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years of perfect binder set up and operation in a high quality, high volume environment required.
- Must be able to work safely, communicate well, and produce good quality work at an efficient pace.
- Mechanical and machining aptitude.
- Possess a high expectation for quality and ability to operate with minimal waste.
This job is primarily performed in a fast paced production environment. The environment can be stressful in order to meet deadlines and requires physical ability. There is also a large amount of squatting, bending and lifting required. In the summer months the warehouse, although air conditioned, will be hot and humid. Because of the machinery the warehouse is also quite noisy and requires hearing protection at all times. During our peak season, our employees are also required to work a considerable amount of overtime.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
DG3 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,DG3 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
At DG3, our colleagues are driven by our vision to be the best-in-class visual communications firm in the world. We embrace diversity and, with offices in some of the most diverse markets in the world, find it to be one of our secrets to success. We have established a means to attract voices across races, genders, ethnicities and religions and use those differences to break new ground. It is that same belief that allows us to live our vision every day.
Binder Laboratory Technician
Wood has a career opportunity for a Binder Laboratory Technician to join our Phoenix, AZ team. This individual will receive and test samples following a variety of standard procedures. Our ideal candidate is sharp, willing to learn, flexible and has great attention to detail. Key Responsibilities
Conduct tests and investigations in the laboratory and/or field to obtain data for use by engineering and technical personnel in determining physical properties of bituminous materials
Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine chemical and physical properties of experimental and developmental materials
Perform laboratory tests according to prescribed procedures, processes and standards
Use specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports, and / or technical drawings
Operate computer systems and peripheral equipment
Clean working areas in the laboratory
Maintain results log
Enter data and use spreadsheet computer programs
Confers with Engineers and Scientific staff on test and design efforts
Set up, maintain and calibrate equipment
Will use mathematical equations to calculate test results
May require some lifting and carrying
Work around hot bituminous materials
Work in a safe manner according to company policies, procedures, and laboratory practices
High school diploma or equivalent required
Ability to use laboratory test equipment in an effective and safe manner
Ability to understand procedural manuals and execute work orders
Ability to prepare reports and documentation
Attention to detail
Ability to follow directions
Good math skills required
May require the ability to lift and carry bituminous and other samples
Ability to work independently
Valid Driver’s License
Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws. Requisition ID: 2018-22623 Name: Staff / Permanent External Company Name: Amec Foster Wheeler plc External Company URL: http://www.fwc.com/
Binder Laboratory Technician
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion.
We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com We offer competitive salaries
Book Binder II
From stitching and binding to special coatings, embossing, intricate folds, die cutting, and 1-to-1 inkjet messaging, our Finishing team uses the industry’s most advanced technology to transform ink on paper into finished pieces that grab consumers’ attention and drive sales and readership for our customers.
Position Overview Quad/Graphics is seeking a Book Binder II for the Waukee, Iowa facility. this is an entry level position. The position may rotate between three areas if qualified. The feeder position, which loads appropriate sigs on to lanes to be assembled by the gatherer, the lookout position which monitors quality problems as the books are being gathered and the inspection position which is the final check before the book is shipped out to the customer.
Must be at least 18 years of age for full-time employment at time of hire.
High school diploma or GED preferred
Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Must be able to understand and follow directions
Repetitive us of hands and fingers
Ability to stand for long periods
Ability and mindset to abide by all safety measures and rules set forth by the company
Additional Company Information We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
Binder Operator 1
Binder Operator 1 Tracking Code 37889 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment). Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments.
Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using handtools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer. Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines.
Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided. Job Location Midland, Michigan, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
- Accurately input orders and data into the system
Responsible for assembly of large print binders
Organizing of documents
- Filing large print binders into storage Working hours: 8:00am- 5:00pm
Strong ability to actively listen and communicate solutions Friendly, upbeat and positive attitude Ability to multi-task and make quick decisions Excellent communication skills both
Tape Operator - North Salt Lake, UT
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION: To maintain continuous high quality product from beginning of weaving process to completion of the product on reel. To assume a leadership role within the department and promote productivity and teamwork with associates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES: * Assume responsibilities of the supervisor in the supervisor's absence
Assist in training new associates
Load and maintain required amount of raw materials on reels
Know and understand different yarn types that are commonly used and their applications
Check and maintain lube levels in lubricator
Check and verify that weft and lockstitch are being properly woven into the product
Program the printers to print required message on product
Check and maintain fluid levels
Check and maintain print quality
Check and maintain measurement markings
Properly label and/or tag product as it is processed off of the printer
Operate wrapping pallets for completed product
Must be mechanically inclined and have ability to troubleshoot problems
Follow all safety requirements of this position
Abide by all policies and procedures in the associate handbook
Maintain a neat and orderly work area
Perform all other duties as directed by management EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: * High School diploma or GED
Ability to read measuring instruments OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * Able to lift up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable assistance
Able to bend and stay in a bent over position for extended periods of time occasionally
Must be able to work long shifts, weekends and nights
Must be able to walk and stand on a concrete floor for long periods of time
Able to climb a ladder
WORKING CONDITIONS: * Work in manufacturing environment
Non-controlled atmosphere- varying degrees of temperature
Exposure to non-hazardous chemicals (michem prime-ammonia based) and hazardous chemicals (methyl ethyl keytone and video-jet chemicals)
Wrapping pallets requires walking in circles and can cause dizziness
Job Start/End Date:* 06-Dec-2017 to 28-Feb-2018 (EST)
Location:* North Salt Lake, UT, USA
Employment Type:* Full Time
Pay Type:* Hourly
Sewing Machine Mechanic
Maintain sewing room of single-needle lockstitch machines.
• Conduct routine maintenance on machines and other equipment.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair damaged machine parts.
• Train or instruct employees on proper use and operation of machines
Knowledge of Eastman cutting machines and/or Eton conveyor systems a plus
We are a successful 77 year old family retail, wholesale and manufacturing jewelry business interested in starting an online selling presence. We are looking for someone that breaths, dreams and lives for e-Commerce, marketing and selling online. Someone that is energetic, efficient, passionate and detail-oriented to join our team and help us grow with several marketplaces such as Amazon, Etsy, Ebay and so on. An ideal candidate would be a team player who is able to work in fast paste environment and can work under pressure and deadlines.
Applicants with prior experience in Amazon Seller Central, custom listing and Amazon marketplace are highly desired.
- Strong understanding of Amazon Seller Central marketplace
- List products on eBay, Amazon, Etsy and other marketplaces by researching and implementing best practices.
- Create and maintain product listings and custom listing on Amazon.
- Maintain keyword database and priority by doing keyword research through Google tools/portals.
- Work with ownership and management to manage and maintain products, marketing and pricing strategy across all marketplaces
- Own and Manage all aspects of Amazon, eBay and other marketplaces from processing the orders to production to Shipping
- Driving the growth Marketplace channel activities while providing a positive shopping experience for our customers.
- Work with the production team to ensure timely delivery & fulfillment.
- Responsible with response and resolution processes and customer service
- We are like a start-up so you must be willing to wear multiple hats, be flexible and pitch in whenever and wherever needed to help get the job done. We love team players who are excited to get involved where needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year experience in fast pace e-Commerce business preferably in women's apparel & fashion
- Experience in Amazon seller central and other marketplaces
- Ability to meet deadline and work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent worker who can also collaborate with a team
- Related experience in a managing different e-Commerce/marketplaces (Walmart, Etsy, eBay, etc)
- Experienced advanced MS Office (Word and Excel) user.
- Experience in photo shop and illustrator to perform retouches, color correction, crop images to produce high quality images
Type: Full-timeJob Location:
Required education: Minimum - Bachelors Degree
- eBay: 1 year
- Photoshop: 1 year
- Ecommerce: 1 year
- Amazon Seller Central: 1 year
Compensation: Salary plus commission, based on experience.
Additional information about the company and the position will be provided to qualified candidates. Martin Binder Jeweler, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Health Assistant
Highly energetic Assistant wanted for a fast-paced Functional Medicine and Wellness center. Must be friendly, professional and motivated.
- Positive outlook and GREAT attitude; loves to smile and enjoys working with patients
-Detail oriented and dependable
-Strong phone and interpersonal skills
-Ability to multi-task
-Eagerness to learn and grown within the office
-Comfortable working directly with patients
-Ability to follow directions
-Ability to remain calm in high stress environment or with a high volume of patients
-Team Player that can get along well with others
-Great phone etiquette
-Attention to deal
Experience a plus, but not necessary, as we will train the right personality!
CA's will work closely with other staff members, you will have some clinical handling of patients, take part in some administrative duties as needed, and in some areas of marketing,
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION
Salary is based on the ability and desire to excel in the position
Please send a resume with a brief cover letter about how you would be a good candidate for this position!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!