Binding Cutter Synthetic Cloth Job Description Sample
Chubb Associate - Westchester Binding
Synthetic Biology Scientist
The successful applicant will serve as a synthetic biologist, developing systems for dynamically controlling pathway expression in yeast. Design, modeling, strain construction, strain characterization, protocol development, and exploratory research will be necessary elements of the successful applicant’s duties. The successful applicant will be expected to advance critical aspects of Lygos’ strain engineering program through both effective individual and team efforts. Research objectives are milestone driven (biocatalyst yield and productivity) and require workflows directed toward achieving these milestones.
- Work in close collaboration with team to conceive, plan, design and successfully complete projects to generate desired temporal expression profiles for specific homologous or heterologous pathways of the host strain.
- Prepare technical reports, quantitative analyses, protocols and scientific presentations.
- Close collaboration with all aspects of Lygos’ team, including metabolic engineering, bioinformatics, analytical chemistry, and fermentation groups to interpret data and find creative solutions to problems.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of advances in synthetic biology and yeast strain engineering.
- Work with synthetic biology and metabolic engineering teams to develop strain, expression system, pathway, and method-related intellectual property.
- May also be expected to supervise Research Assistants.
- There will remain significant time and opportunity to also participate in many other aspects of Lygos’ technical efforts, including: protein engineering, high-throughput screening, bioinformatics, and other areas of technology development. The Lygos team works closely with all employees to support career development and facilitate the learning of new skill sets.
- Energetic, creative, team player.
- Ph.D. or Masters (with >2 years of relevant experience post-Masters) with an emphasis on synthetic biology or yeast metabolic engineering.
- Proficient with genetic engineering bench work.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaborations with others.
- Strong organization skills and proven ability to manage details.
SECONDARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL CONSIDERATIONS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to model and analyze genetic circuits with ordinary differential equations.
- Experience with RNA-seq data processing and analysis workflows.
- Ability to deliver on projects and assignments within timeframes and budgets.
- Experience performing research and technology development in an industrial setting a plus.
Lygos offers a competitive total compensation packages including an employee incentive stock option plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, paid holidays and vacation time.
Lygos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Print Binding Associate
Examine stitched, collated, bound, or unbound product samples for defects, such as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn pages, loose pages, or loose or uncut threads.
- Inspected printed materials or other images to verify quality.
- Read work orders to determine instructions and specifications for machine set-up.
- Study blueprints or other instructions to determine equipment setup requirements.
- Install or adjust bindery machine devices, such as knives, guides, rollers, rounding forms, creasing rams, or clamps, to accommodate sheets, signatures, or books of specified sizes.
- Mount attachments or tools onto production equipment.
- Trim edges of books to size, using cutting machines, book trimming machines, or hand cutters.
- Trim excess material from work-pieces.
- Stitch or glue end-papers, bindings, backings, or signatures, using sewing machines, glue machines, or glue and brushes.
- Operate sewing equipment.
- Insert book bodies in devices that form back edges of books into convex shapes and produce grooves that facilitate cover attachment.
- Mount materials or work-pieces onto production equipment.
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions or to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Watch operating equipment to detect malfunctions.
- Maintain records, such as daily production records, using specified forms.
- Record operational or production data.
- Lubricate, clean, or make minor repairs to machine parts to keep machines in working condition.
- Clean production equipment.
- Lubricate production equipment.
- Repair production equipment or too
Must pass full BG check and Drug Screen
Send Resumes as WORD attachment M-F 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Polymer Synthetic Chemist
Underwriter – Binding Authority
Senior Scientist, Molecular And Synthetic Biology
Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist
Senior Synthetic Tester - BI And C
Synthetic Chemists/Medicinal Chemists/Process Chemists
In-Band Scene Generation And Synthetic Signature Developer And Analyst
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!