Bit Bender Job Description Sample
BIT IS Program Manager
RCS Level: J or P4
Incumbent will be responsible for managing the overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of Information Services' project work efforts, ensuring that project goals support regional and global objectives and are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements. Tasks:
Develops and executes project management plans that incorporate the following components: time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement, and integration.
Identifies new opportunities for IT Service Improvement, First Choice Process Improvement, IT Infrastructure Improvement and IT Run Cost Reduction at a Regional level.
Has an extensive depth of knowledge of our business from internal and external customer point of view. Understands and manages communication across domain functions and across business unit functions in related IT infrastructure, security and service management processes.
Responsible for understanding and successfully managing the interdependencies between multiple related and unrelated projects whose coordinated delivery is required to achieve regional and global objectives.
Initiates, plans, executes, and controls complex and strategically important projects related to IT Infrastructure, Security and Service Management, incorporating management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration.
Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks; manages project resources and reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle.
Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities, sets and manages client expectations, managing and escalating issues and changes.
Manages prioritization procedures for changing scope (i.e., change management) and project acceptance procedures. Participates, coordinates, validates/approves and provides input to Service Review Boards (SRB) and Change Advisory Boards (CAB).
Identifies opportunities for cross-discipline, cross-domain and cross-business unit participation and contacts appropriate personnel and vendors.
Advises IT leadership and/or business executives as highest level resource for applying information technology to deliver strategic business results.
Manages relationships and contract agreement performance with major regional third party service providers. Skill &
Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and 8-11 years of increasingly diverse or complex applications in field of expertise or MS/MA and generally at least 5-7 years of experience in related field.
Professional certification required in some areas. ITIL and PMP/Prince2 certifications are highly desired. Bilingual language fluency (English, Spanish) a must, and Portuguese a plus.
Recognized subject matter expert in the IT Infrastructure, Security and Service Management area.
Serves as prime consultant on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities and long-range goals and objectives.
Mastery of existing and emerging technologies, processes, and practices.
Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories. Autonomy: Operates with considerable latitude. May develop solutions to non-routine issues, without appreciable guidance from others. Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty and can work well under time pressure. Impact: May coordinate and direct daily end-to-end service assurance activities, as well as Service Improvement interdepartmental projects having strategic business importance across the region. Translates high-level business direction into specific action plans to remedy issues. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to achieve goals critical to DHL Express regional business performance.
Possesses extensive knowledge in the IT Infrastructure, Security and Service Management areas. Routinely called upon to apply comprehensive knowledge of existing and emerging technologies, practices, and processes. Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, and technical) and coordinating with a virtual team throughout the Americas region. Provides input in development of operating plans/budgets. People Management: Will lead others without a formal reporting structure in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems and projects; multi-region, cross-department, cross-Business Unit and with service providers outside of the DPDHL network. May contribute to employees' professional development. Problem Complexity: Performs leading-edge professional level work. Requires creative and innovative thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-departmental problems. DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or anyother protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Tube Bender And General Change Over Technician
Universal Tube is a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal tubular components for the automotive industry. Currently, we are looking for a tube bender and general change over technician. Universal Tube provides a great opportunity for hard-working and focused individuals.
In order to be considered for this position, all applications MUST be completed in person at:
2607 Bond Street
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Tube bender and general change over technician
- Program and change over CNC tube bending and mechanical end forming equipment
- Program, Operate, and Change over CNC Tube benders ( we use KCINS benders)
- Setup and troubleshoot bend tooling for prototype, low, and high volume bent tubes
- Layout parts to meet blueprint specifications using calipers, micrometers, full-scale prints, , and other quality equipment.
- Set up and change over secondary tools (end forming, lock up presses, bend fixtures etc.) as needed
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Experience programming and operating CNC tube bending equipment -Required
- Ability to read blueprints and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Basic understanding of CAD systems
Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to utilize standard inspection tools to verify parts meet print specifications - functional gaging
- Ability to work in high pressure situations under normal to tight deadlines
- Basic computer skills
Competitive compensation plans, based on experience
Extremely clean facility with 5S and lean culture
Assistant, Associate Or Full Professor Of BIT
The Department of Business Information Technology in the R. B. Pamplin College of Business at Virginia Tech invites applications for a tenure-track appointment at the assistant, associate or full professor level beginning August 2018. The Business Information Technology major includes degree options in Decision Support Systems (DSS) and Operations and Supply Chan Management (OSM). Candidates should have an appropriate academic background and expertise to teach courses in one (or both) of these two degree options.
Title: Tube Bender
• Shift: 1st
• Pay: $25-$30 hourly
Seeking experienced Tube Benders for a company based in Ann Arbor, MI. Candidates will perform assembly of fluid power components per prints, manifold layout and placement, and tube measurement and bending. This is a temp to hire position!
- Compare components for subassemblies against the print – bill of materials
- Preparation of components
- Assemble components per print
- Layout machine fluid power floorplan
- Spot hydraulic, lube, and coolant tanks
- Fabrication and installation of brackets, switches, and manifolds
- Verify fluid power functions
- Layout and placement of hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, and coolant lines
- Supporting electrical and mechanical technicians during start-up and debug
- Responsible for machine set-up to customer specifications
- Machine disassembly, packaging, and shipping
- Installation and service on customer site
- Blueprint reading.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to complete assignments.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- High School Diploma with 2 years fluid power experience or 4 years fluid power experience
Our Focus: Because manufacturing is all we do, we have the screening and testing tools that assist us in placing you at the right position for your skills and experience.
Tube Bender Specialist
Responsible for maintaining electrical, mechanical operations on Tube Bender and Cut-off equipment. Performs the work of employees and other duties as required.
Tube Bender Specific:
- Manage day to day Tube Bender and associated equipment activities including but not limited to:
- Meeting all customer bent tube requirements
- Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
- Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
- Tooling setup issues
- Program adjustments to ensure that bent tubes meet customer requirements
- Issues related to the non-functionality of the tube bender and ancillary equipment
· Ordering adequate perishable tooling and supplies including lube to ensure the un-interrupted production of bent tubes
· Order adequate levels of spare parts so that down time because of a lack of parts is eliminated
· Develop and implement a maintenance program in a timely manner
· Develop and implement a tool storage/changeover protocol
· Ensure that parts programs are “backed up”
· Adequately train operators to become core competent in the operation of the tube bender
· Coordinate all Bender activities associated with the Launch of the ENA program
· Optimize programs to minimize scrap
CNC cut off machine:
- Operate machine for two weeks so that there is a thorough understanding of functionality and tooling issues
- Develop maintenance program
- Order adequate levels of spare parts
- Order and maintain adequate levels of perishables
- Be the go-to person for problems and issues resolution
- Maintain an 85% or better efficiency and uptime
- Assist with unloading truck
- Assist with implementing 5-S in production area- fabrication area
- Assist with organizing and keeping work environment clean and orderly
Job Type: Full-time
Full time opportunity for Rebar bending Machine Operators. Experience required utilizing a variety of machines from manual to fully automatic. Hours are Monday- Friday 7 A.M.- 5 P.M. Saturdays required as needed.
Tube Bender Specific:
o Meeting all customer bent tube requirements o Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
o Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
Williams-Bayer Industries offers a vast array of CNC Tube Bending, CNC Tube Cut Off, Catalytic Converter Can Shells, Metal Fabricating, Welding, Staking, Vision Inspection and Assembly Processes. Our goal is simple; i.e. to supply our customers with competitively priced components and/or assemblies that are defect free and meet or exceed their expectations.
Tube Bender Operator- 1St Shift
Setup and operate various sizes of tube benders to bend different size tubes to required shape. Install bend tooling and align properly.
Program bender as needed. Work from job sheet to get proper blank tubes to bend. Use tape measure, super gauge, calipers, and fixed gauges.
Read job sheets for specifications such as material type, size of blanks. Obtain and transfer blank tubes to machine. Installs proper tooling.
Positions tube and presses proper button(s) to start machine. Measures part for conformity to specifications. Marks 1st part with proper identification.
Check fluid levels and replenishes oil and coolant as needed. Greases machine. Performs any other operations as required.
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
Professionalism: Approaches others in tactful manner; reacts well under pressure treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Safety/Security: Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly; maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training is preferred. Language Skills Ability to speak, read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand and reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required t walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ID: 2018-5071 Street: 1506 Industrial Park Drive Shift:
First External Company Name: Mayville Engineering Company, Inc. External Company URL: www.mecinc.com
General Help Rail Bender
Bass Pro Shops is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!