Blade Groover Job Description Sample
Senior Systems Administrator W/ HP Blade Servers, Cisco 6500, And Enterprise Class Storage
- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE OR REINSTATABLE TS/SCI W/ POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
- Seven (7) years of Systems Administration
- Experience with the combined specific network operating system, hardware, and software experience to be supported is required.
- Experience with
- HP Blade Servers
- CISCO 6500 series switches
- Enterprise Class Storage large clustered file system,
- Oracle clustered file system
- Quick File System
- WINDOWS O/S and New Technology File System
- COTS applications include
- Mnemonic software
- GOTS applications written in C, C++, JAVA and Shell Scripts
· Desired - Demonstrated experience leading teams of administrators and interfacing with user communities and technical customers.
· Desired - Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
· Desired - Meet one of the following two skill sets.
o Programming skills in C, Perl or Bourne Shell along with experience providing system administration of a database-centric system and knowledge of RDBMS, SQL Server and database security features.
o Experience administering Solaris, UNIX, LINUX systems, or Windows 2000/2003 Servers, SQL Server 2000/2005 RDBMS and Dell/HP hardware is required. Experience with SURVIVOR hardware and software configurations.
· Desired - Six (6) years experience (combined) with Unix, Linux and Windows.
· Desired - Five (5) years experience (combined) with Unix, Linux and Windows.
· Desired - Experience in resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems.
· Highly Desired – Experience with Oracle/Sun enterprise class hardware
· Highly Desired – Experience with Oracle/Solaris 10
· Highly Desired – Experience with COMMONVIEW monitoring tool
· Highly Desired - Experience with network activities including TCP/IP, DNS, and troubleshooting
· Highly Desired – Experience with the customer’s power/space/cooling process
· Highly Desired– Experience with system security including system hardening, IAVA patch insulation, and system scanning
· Highly Desired - Experience with setup and maintenance of Fiber channel/storage area networks (SAN)
· Highly Desired – Work schedule from 7am to 3pm (some ability to flex when pre-coordinated)
Location: Nampa, ID, US, 83687
Company: Idaho Materials & Construction
Job ID: 136209
Idaho Materials & Construction, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials Mountain West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of various types of construction equipment including but not limited to Finish blade, Haul Trucks, Loaders, Back Hoes, and Track Hoes.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
Keep time and material records.
Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various locations.
May assist Laborer at various job sites as needed. May perform physical tasks involved with laying pipe and utility lines, and/or tasks involved with road construction and laying asphalt, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Previous heavy equipment operation experience or training is highly preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver's License is preferred
- Customer Service
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Idaho Materials & Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Idaho Materials & Construction is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Electrical, Equipment Operator, Labor, Laborer, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
Finish Blade Operator
Northern Improvement Company is an industry leader in the Midwest for highway, heavy, and municipal construction. We are seeking a Finish Blade Operator to join our Bismarck municipal operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS -
Safe operation of heavy construction equipment
Following rules, regulations, procedures, policies, and instructions
Perform other related duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Possess a valid driver license
Must be physically able to push, pull, bend, twist, reach (including overhead), kneel, squat, stand/walk on uneven ground &/or hard surfaces, sit for long periods of time, climb ladders &/or equipment
Ability to speak, see, and hear clearly (naturally or with correction)
Ability to pass a pre-employment urine DRUG test and submit to random DRUG and/or ALCOHOL testing during employment
Must be 18 years of age at date of application
- REQUIRED: minimum 1 season experience operating a MOTOR GRADER/BLADE
WORK WEEK / JOB DURATION
- Our crews typically work 40 to 70+ hours per week, depending on the weather and we work until freeze-up (approximately mid-November).
- Group 2 Operator Municipal (23.35/Hr Regular & 35.02/Hr OT)
- Benefits paid directly into Operators Union fund per hour worked [NOTE: North Dakota is a Right to Work state]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or, if applicable, veteran status.
Finish Blade Operator
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
This position will require an operator to be proficient in fine grading to a finished surface to be paved upon, that will meet all conditions required in the specifications.
Other duties will require the candidate to engage in these diverse operations; processing material to either dry or moisten material, shouldering asphalt, dirt road maintenance, trenching and installing culverts, installation of rip rap, daily inspection and cleaning of equipment, potentially running paving equipment and to participate in the any required labor work.
The Rocky Mountain Southern Division work area is across the Front Range.
3 years of related experience, preferred
Valid Driver's License
Good communication skills
Flexibility to work overtime, nights and weekends as needed
Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screening.
Ability to diagnose and communicate when something equipment issues.
Fine grade to within+/- ¼"
Capable of reading plans, grade stakes, and set blue tops.
Capable of lifting 70 pounds
Proficient with the use of hand tools.
Knowledgeable with the use of automatic grade control.
Health Care Reimbursement Account
Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Employee Assistance Plan
Paid Holidays and Vacation
401(k) with Company matching
Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
Optional Long-Term Disability
Employee Life Insurance
Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Direct Deposit Payroll
Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
Matching Gift Program
New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Box Blade Operator
Requisition ID: 68816
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia.
Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
Operate a front end loader for Kiewit Infrastructure South Co. in Forest City, Arkansas
Ability to safely climb and access equipment
Lift and carrying heavy items weighing up to 80 pounds or more
Willing to Work and have reliable Transportation
Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (sometimes long hours)
Must Pass Drug Test and complete Kiewit employee indoctrination
Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Ability to work in safety sensitive construction zone, around large machinery and heavy equipment
Ability to work cooperatively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
1 year experience operating a box blade
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Sr. Director, Blade Server Solutions
Super Micro Computer is seeking a Sr. Director for their San Jose, CA headquarters. In this role, you will be responsible to grow our blade server business by increasing big enterprise and data center clientele, identify mid and long term business opportunities, as well as, develop strategy and action plans.
- Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesIncludes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):* Grow our blade server business and increase worldwide market share * Work with sales and FAEs to win enterprise and data center customers * Work with various internal teams to create compelling solutions for enterprise and data center customers * Provide trainings to sales, FAEs, and customers * Interface with customers on short and long term roadmap discussions * Work with sales, FAEs, product managers, and engineering teams to finalize the technical details of product roadmap * Analyze market trends and identify the mid and long term business opportunity * Develop and implement product plan and demand generation strategy
* 15+ years of experience in server product management and server system engineering* BSEE or BSCS required * Strong knowledge of hardware and software server solutions for enterprise and data center customers * Demonstrated ability to win enterprise and data center customers * Excellent communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills * Ability and experience to work effectively in a diverse environment and acquire results * Experience in leading cross-functional projects and teams * Strong problem solving ability * High level of dedication * Some travel requiredAbout Super Micro Computer, Inc.:Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Finish Blade Operator
Northern Improvement Company is an industry leader in the Midwest as a highway, heavy, and municipal contractor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Base finish work
Safe operation of heavy construction equipment
Following rules, regulations, procedures, policies, and instructions
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
5+ seasons/years of on-point experience operating a finish blade
GPS proficiency is absolutely required
Minimum 6 days per week & 70+ hours per week, depending on the weather & project status
There may be some required night work
Moderate lifting, bending, reaching, climbing, stooping, reaching, and turning neck
Clear and effective communication skills (speech, vision, hearing/listening)
Valid driver license
Ability to pass a pre-employment urine drug test and drug/alcohol testing during employment
Perform other duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates
Must be 18 years of age at date of application
Base Wage: 2017 Davis-Bacon Group 2 Operator, at $27.00 per regular hour, $40.50 per overtime hour
Full Benefits available via Operating Engineers Union [NOTE: North Dakota is a Right to Work state]
- No-cost RV/camper parking & hook-ups (excluding propane) available near Dickinson & Williston [tenting is prohibited at these sites]
- Limited availability of no-cost bunkhouse in the Dickinson/Williston NIC RV site or cost-associated trailer house room.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Finish Blade Operator
Job Summary: Good Pay! Good Benefits! Good People! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction material producers/contractors in the country, and we're growing! We are adding people to our team everyday -people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Blade Operator with our concrete crew that works in IA, SD, NE. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Safely operate grader to spread and level dirt, gravel and stone to grade specification.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2.Equipment maintenance and operation.
3.Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2.Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on blade/motor grader.
3.Safely and properly operate blade/motor grader including: regulating height and angle of grader blade, lowering scarifier and loosening packed soil to permit grading and tilting front wheels of grader when making sharp turns. Drives grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of assisting worker, to level surface to specified grade. Feels level and listens to sound of engine to determine depth of cut. May perform fine or rough grading.
4.Check grade as needed to ensure proper grade cut
5.Maintain haul routes
6.Assist laborer or roller operator with dumping trucks and keeping load counts.
7.Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
8.Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.).
Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
9.Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions
Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match
Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors
College Scholarship Program for Dependents
How To Apply If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Blade Operators (Seasonal)
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent. Equipment maintenance & operation. Ability to provide and maintain proper drivers license, medical card and acceptable driving record. Additional Information DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Perform daily equipment walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2.Safely and properly perform maintenance(lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on blade. 3. Safely and properly operate blade, including: regulating height and angle of blade, lowering scarifier and loosening packed soil to permit grading and tilting front wheels of grader when making sharp turns. Drives grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of assisting worker to level surface to specified grade. Feels level and listens to sounds of engine to determine depth of cut. May perform fine or rough grading. Previous GPS operation experience beneficial.
4.Assist laborer or roller operator with dumping trucks and keeping load counts.
5.Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
6.Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
7.Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
8.Performs other duties as assigned. How To Apply Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
We offer a full benefit package which includes 401k, Medical, Dental and Vision We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing. Subject to background check.
You may apply online at jobs.mdu.com.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
4800 Wilkie Road
Missoula, MT 59808-1450
580 Box Blade Equipment Operator
Join our Family!
Mario Sinacola & Sons is a family owned business, Managed by four sons of the company's founder, each of whom places the highest value on creating an environment where everyone can become part of their extended family. As a result, we do things differently and we believe that is what makes us successful.
While we value specific skills in your area of expertise, what we value most on our team are people who have character, integrity and confidence. Our high-energy, fast paced environment also requires flexibility and agility in each role within the organization. If you are looking for a career that will allow you to do what you do well and grow beyond your skills through new and exciting challenges, we want to hear from you.
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
The Heavy Equipment Operator will complete assignments by safely and efficiently operating and maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. Keeping heavy equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for repairs
- High School Diploma or GED
Health, Dental, Rx and Vision insurance
Health and dependent care flex spending plan
Company-paid Life, short-term disability insurance
401k with company match
Paid Time Off
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!