Blade Groover Job Description Sample
Wind Energy- Turbine Blade Production
BLADES PRODUCTION WORKERS THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR A NEW CAREER
IN THE WIND ENERGY INDUSTRY.
APPLY TODAY FOR A VESTAS BLADE MANUFACTURING POSITION!
* Pay starts at $16.96 per hour
* Multiple shifts are available
* Great Compnay benefits!
* Direct Hire
WIND TURBINE BLADE PRODUCTION PROCESSING/DUTIES: (will perform some or
all of the functions listed below depending on position within the
Turbine Manufacturing facility)
Manual Production Processing:
* Lift, position, and/or remove material from work areas.
* Load, stack, and transport materials by hand, truck or crane or
* Paint Blade, De-burr, polish and sand with file, wire brush,
buffing cloth, grinding cloth or sandpaper.
* Clean interior surfaces of holes. Apply abrasive compound, wax, or
other dressing to facilitate cleaning or polishing.
* Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly.
Production Machine Operation:
* Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills,
lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as
speed, feed, coolant, flow and depth and angle of cut, or enters
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control
media as required.
* Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings or programmed control data. Installs machined
replacements parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests
operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
* Changes tools on powered equipment.
Quialifications for Wind Turbine Blade Production positions: * High school diploma or general education degree (GED) * OR one to three months related experience and/or training * OR equivalent combination of education and manufacturing/productionexperience. * Strong natural ability to work in teams, high degree ofadaptability & flexibility, strong desire to learn new skills &knowledge, excellent work ethic, * Dependability & dedication to our Manufacturing team/company * Motivated to produce quality work and have the ability/desire towork as a craftsman with hand tools. * Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition ofemployment. * Must be eligible to work in the U.S. * Applicants may be subject to a background check. *A convictionrecord will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity at alllevels of our organization COME VISIT US! WALK-INS WELCOME! EMAIL US! CALL US! OR TEXT US! APPLY TO WWW.ELWOODWINDJOBS.COM[http://www.elwoodwindjobs.com] CALL OR TEXT US FOR MORE INFORMATION. WALK INS WELCOME! #ZR #IHPC
And with the combined expertise of our specialized divisions—Elwood ProfessionalTM and Elwood Tradesmen®—we offer a uniquely comprehensive and innovative solution set that effectively meets the needs of our clients and associates.
Saw Blade Washer And Knife Grinder
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Abilities:
Wash and clan off rubbish on saw blades
Mark blade with correct date and route
Let operator know of any special instructions
Place cart in grinding area
Inspect for chips and cracks in knives
Grind at original angle until knife has a burr
Remove knife and hone off all burr until knife is smooth and has no pull when making a cut
Place knife with correct routes
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
Must contribute to a positive work environment
Performs any task required to support customer requirement and company goals
Must have good hand eye coordination
Must be able to stand 8 hours a day and occasional overtime required
Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally
On the job training
Able to read a tape measure
Energetic, Self-Starter, Positive Attitude
Pass a background check and drug test (Drug free company includes Marijuana)
Command of the English language, both spoken and written a must
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental insurance available
401 (k) available
$15.00 - $17.00 DOE
5:30 am – 2:00 pm
Operator: Finish Blade
Responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and productive manner. Heavy equipment may include, but is not limited to trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, scrapers, blades, backhoes, excavators. An equipment operator will be assigned to a variety of jobs ranging from heavy highway, underground utilities, industrial, renewable energy, mining, site work, street improvements, waste water treatment plants, landfills and airport projects.
- Operates assigned equipment according to applicable policies and procedures: assures safety standards are maintained.
- Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Completes general labor assignments, and assists other field personnel as required.
- Operates water equipment to perform specific operations as assigned professionally & efficiently.
- Completes daily walk-around inspections of equipment to insure unit is in good operating condition and reports problems found to Supervisor and or Shop.
- Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered.
- Maintains the cleanliness of assigned equipment.
- Works with and monitors fellow workers to insure safety and productivity.
- Assists with repair and or maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Completes general labor assignments, and assists other field personnel as required.
· Performs pre task planning tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a safety sensitive position
- Must comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work safely in both heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic areas.
- Strong organizational, follow-through, and communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism, and strong work ethic.
- Superior attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently and with minimal supervision.
- Meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize, and complete work within given deadlines.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record in accordance with CSW policy.
Education and Experience:
- GED or High School diploma as a minimum.
- CAT heavy equipment experience
- Three (3) + years of Heavy Civil / Horizontal Construction required.
- Trimble GPS experience required.
- Trench Safety, Competent person, MSHA & OSHA training is highly preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Minimum 40 hours per week.
- Some weekend and night work required depending on job requirements.
- Extensive travel to jobsites nationwide may be required.
- Working outdoors in inclement climate.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and adhere to applicable safety policies.
- Acceptable level of correctable vision for Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral and Depth Perception.
- Hearing sufficient for being aware of back-up alarms, hearing equipment and for normal conversations.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest, steel toe boots, seat belt, gloves, etc.
- Use of both arms and legs required.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds or more, climb, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time under adverse field conditions.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Recognized in 2006-2016 as one of the Valley's Best Places to Work and in 2005-2016 with Arizona Corporate Excellence (ACE) Awards as one of Arizona’s top 50 privately held companies, CSW Contractors has the commitment to employees and organizational excellence necessary for continued success.
Senior Buyer – Labor (Large Correctives, Blade Repairs, Oem)
- Manage the Negotiation and Contracts (Vendor Selection, Contract and Price Negotiation) for all service labor (large corrective, blade repairs, turbine cleaning, OEM…) vendors that will be used in field.
- Manage Supplier performance including cost, quality and delivery to meet company objectives while supporting industry price reductions with cost improvements.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a cost reduction strategy and developing an optimal and reliable local vendors that can support field operations in the appropriated timing.
- Negotiate Purchasing long term contracts, price and SLA while minimizing risks to GAMESA.
- Benchmarking with Corporate team to ensure we are implementing the most competitive business model.
- Provide technical guidance in order to improve supplier performance, while maintaining quality and reducing cost.
- Ensure that the Purchasing department is coordinating the needs of internal customers; After Sales, Operations, Program Management, Business Development, and Finance.
- Develop and maintain appropriate Purchasing policies and procedures to ensure that all legal and ethical requirements are met, and that the acquisition process requires minimal administrative support.
- Evaluate current and future supply chain strategies to yield the lowest total cost of ownership for services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing, Logistics, or Supply Chain
- Minimum of five years of work related experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution and strong analytical skills with proven ability to make recommendations
- Minimum of 0 - 2 years of experience in Engineering or 5 to 7 years of Purchasing
- with relevant work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate requirements to internal customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of operations processes including statistical process control (SPC), benchmarking, and other quality and continuous improvement tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Languages (desirable – intermediate level): Spanish and/or German
- Willing to learn the techniques for developing, writing, and negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willing to travel.
Gamesa has production centers in the main wind markets: Spain and China, as the global production and supply hubs, while maintaining its local production capacity in India and Brazil and a robust supply chain in all the countries in which it operates.
The company is also a world leader in the development, construction and sale of wind farms, and has installed 8,314 MW in 13 countries over 16 years.
Motor Grader Blade Operator
Highway and Road Construction Motorgrader, Motor Grader, Blade, Maintainer Operator. Higher pay for experienced operators, blue top finishers. Finisher for TX jobs.
Wind Turbine Blade Engineer
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available atwww.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter@nrgenergy. The Wind Turbine Blade Engineer will be responsible for conducting wind turbine blade RCAs, developing and reviewing repair protocols, contributing to the review of blade structural and aerodynamic enhancements, and blade condition and inspection analysis tools in regards to NRG s Wind O&M Fleet.
* Analyze blade failures through root cause analysis and identify corrective actions to solve wind turbine blade problems
Testing, validation and coordination of non-destructive testing methods on wind turbine blades
Monitor, analyze and disposition wind turbine blade monitoring systems
Review and create blade repair scopes of work to ensure repairs are to the proper blade OEM specifications
Produce inspection and repair completion reports
Develop blade inspection, categorization, and reporting protocols to monitor and evaluate suspect blades as well as a random sampling of blade repair quality
Train and, on occasion, assist NRG site personnel in performing blade inspections
Project management of smaller-scale projects
Prepare proposals, budgets, labor costs, and write reports
Requires travel (50%)
Education / Experience:* * Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar (e.g. military training in a similar field) is required
Masters degree in any of the listed fields above is preferred
Experience in the wind power industry, specifically on wind turbine blade design and/or manufacturing is required.
Strong understanding of and experience with wind turbine blade acoustics, loading conditions, and aerodynamics is required.
Exposure to 6-Sigma and DFSS methodologies, or equivalent is preferred
Experience with ANSYS, Hypermesh and ProE is preferred
Experience in structural analysis of composite materials at full structure and detail levels
Experience in validation of analysis results against other sources, such as test
Previous project management experience is desired
Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Ability to work effectively with executive, management, and staff level employees with varying educational and professional background using verbal and written communication
Working Conditions* * Normal office environment and/or plant environment, including working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures and high humidity areas.
Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
Occasionally requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.) * May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals
Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
Flexibility to work overtime and non-standard working hours as required
Requires travel (50%). NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster(The poster can be found athttp://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills. Official description on file with Human Resources
Finish Blade Operator And Crew Leader
Finish Blade Operator & Crew Leader Industry: Roadway Public Works and Private Site Work Construction Job Type:
Full-Time Location: Aubrey Texas and surrounding DFW Job Title: Finish Blade Operator & Crew Leader 5 Years’ Experience in Civil Construction operating with the following: ▪ M Series Blade (No Steering Wheel) ▪ Trimble Gate Controller ▪ Crew Leader Job Duties ▪ Lead Crew at Jobsite ▪ Avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects. ▪ Maintenance work to equipment including oiling, greasing, and making necessary adjustments. ▪ Follows all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
Report unsafe activities to supervisor and/ or Human Resources. ▪ Must be fair, honest, reliable, and hard working. ▪ Other unlisted duties will be assigned.
▪ Five (5) or more years of heavy highway and civil construction as a Finish Blade Operator ▪ High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required ▪ Communicate in English via verbal and written communications ▪ Basic math skills in geometry, algebra, and mathematics ▪ Safely navigate through construction jobsite with minor obstacles including climbing ladders and inclines, operating heavy equipment, and lifting up to 50 pounds ▪ Physical activity with strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature ▪ Sufficient to reach/handle items up to 50 lbs and work with the fingers ▪ Outdoor work with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind Company Overview and Benefits Quality Excavation, Ltd. is a leading North Texas Construction Company with over 100 years of combined experience in the construction industry. As a prime contractor, Quality has a history as an outstanding contractor on Public Works and Private Projects.
We specialize in the areas of Public Works for roads, streets utility installations, site excavation, and complete residential subdivision site work. We have been in business for over 16 years and have more than 45 full-time employees. Our depth of expertise enables the company to perform all the services needed to construct site work and heavy/highway projects of all sizes We offer a competitive salary, 401K, Employee Owned Stock Option Plan.
We provide a performance and salary review after the first 90 days, and training opportunities for professional development. We are building a team of high performance people who want to develop their professional skills and standing in the construction community. We invest in our people's training and development and create long-term relationships based on mutual respect, trust, open communication, and co-operation with each other. Join Us
Blade Tech II
Bell Helicopter is currently looking for a Rotor Blade Technician for the Customer Support & Services site in Broussard, Louisiana. This site is responsible for blade repair activities.
This position may be assigned to work overtime, depending on production needs. This position works under direction of Production and Quality management. Primary Position
Perform composite repairs on aircraft components in accordance with FAA and OEM requirements Rotor blade repair activities include sanding, cleaning, and blade specific maintenance Minor repairs and balancing of Main and Tail rotor blades Education: High school diploma or equivalent Experience: 1 year blade repair experience and knowledge of all facets of blade repair preferred Must possess the ability to: Communicate effectively Operate a personal computer Have attention to detail and follow directions, both written and verbal Maintain good eye-hand coordination Work well in a team oriented environment Physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to safely move parts and tools onto and off of the work areas and to use/manipulate objects – such as tools and parts – with a high degree of precision. Employee must also be able to safely access and/or work in all parts of the production floor; this may require the employee to stand for long periods of time.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. SDL2017
Ultrasound Technologist: Blade
Ultrasound Technologist: Bladen County Hospital/CFVHS, Elizabethtown is seeking a Full Time Ultrasound Tech for the Radiology Dept.
Must be registered with ARDMS as a RDMS or equivalent. Must be willing to take call and rotate through various outpatient clinics. Experience preferred.
Competitive Salary, Excellent Benefits. Send Resume to gjacksoncapefearvalley.com or by fax to gjackson 910-862-1127. NC.MyOwnJobMatch.com . Keywords:
Ultrasound Technician, Location: Elizabethtown, NC - 28337
Blade Finishing Operator - C Crew
This is Edgewell We are a global team of 6,000 visionaries, doers, and makers. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries.
Together, we re-imagine good mornings and endless summers, beauty and bonding, confidence and determination. From baby to body, Edgewell is passionate about making the little moments leading up to the big memories just a little bit easier. Simply, we aim to make the products that families rely on more inspired, more personal, and more trustworthy—so they can devote that much more energy to the people they care about most.
We are re-imagining personal care. At Edgewell Personal Care, we're passionate about helping people be at their best when it matters most: whether preparing for a first date, practicing for the big game, or protecting your family on vacation. The Edgewell family of brands has a product for everyone -- with well-established brand names such as Schick and Wilkinson Sword men's and women's shaving systems and disposable razors; Edge and Skintimate shave preparations; Playtex, Stayfree, Carefree and o.b. feminine care products; Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic sun care products; Playtex infant feeding, Diaper Genie and gloves; and Wet Ones moist wipes.
Position Summary Operate all Blade Finishing equipment and perform other related blade finishing operations including: Sputter process, Spray treatment, Cure, Post cure inspection, automation and general blade handling. •Be capable of filling in for all key areas in blade finishing. Duties include: visual and microscopic inspection of blades, monitoring of machines and set up and operation of equipment, etc. •Record necessary information on Blade Finishing process sheets and maintain daily production reports as required by the position. •Produce quality work, practice safety standards and maintain production standards. •Be able to stand for up to 10 hours a shift while sorting parts, transferring blades or operating equipment. •Be able to move (push, pull, or otherwise manipulate) materials up to 30 lbs. into position. •Be capable of performing detailed manipulation with hands to inspect and sort product. •Provide ad hoc assistance when necessary throughout the department. •Be capable of certifying in all areas of the position. •Notify supervision of any problems that could affect quality or productivity. •Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Required Skills and Experience High School Diploma or GED.
An Offer to Grow On Edgewell offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!