Blanket Winder Operator Job Description Sample
Winder Operator III
Winder Operator III
Job ID: 4094
Functional Area: MANUFACTUR
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Relocation Provided: No
Location: GRIFFIN, GA
Education Required: High School or GED Preferred
Experience Required: None
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts/8a-8p/8p-8a
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operation of extrusion equipment; including but not limited to, product quality, following all SOCs, winder flips, box making, core and resin supply constancy. Must comply with all safety, quality, GMPs, productivity and cleanliness standards.
Responsible meeting production and product requirements in accordance with the scheduled work order(s).
Makes boxes and waxes cores to be used to fulfill work order requirements on production line.
Ensure adequate raw material (compound) levels are available to consistently run line.
Performs first piece, periodic and finished roll quality checks: such as, roll weight, width, footage, stretch, core length, packaging and other quality inspections in accordance with Quality Line Report.
When applicable, and directed by work order, complete quality check on every roll.
Assists Production Techs in making changeovers, line thread-up, screen changes and other set-up tasks needed to getting production lines in operation.
Responsible for accurately completing and recording production data on work order paperwork.
All other assignments, general and specific, as directed by Supervision
Responsible for working safely, cleanly and ethically. Follow all plant PPE requirements, safety rules and policies. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor immediately.
Responsible for maintaining general area housekeeping and recording its completion in the daily cleaning logs.
Responsible for following all GMPs to assure food product safety.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified for the purpose of job evaluation.It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive title to every function described.
- Although certain positions have specific tasks and responsibilities with respect to food safety, the food safety and quality of all products manufactured by Berry is the responsibility of every Berry employee. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Band : Hiring Manager: William Raymond Atwell HR Rep:
Brentwood, NH NEI The Winder Operator is a key position that works closely with the Winder team and the Coater Operator to produce quality product that meets our customer’s specifications. Required to lead and train other Winder Operators to ensure quality product is produced. A strong knowledge and understanding of each raw material and finished product quality specification and appearance defects, line set up that includes raw materials and finished good specifications for each individual product that is produced.
A solid understanding of all equipment to included box makers, palletizers, line drives, change over’s, packaging, winder control panel along with troubling shooting problems and working with mechanics and electricians to solve any problems. Complete neat and accurate recording of data for necessary paper work in conjunction with roll weights, and roll and pallet counts, tests standards for finished goods. A Solid understanding and continuous awareness and monitoring of finished products and temperatures.
Monitor winder end employees in the area of policies, production and safety procedures to ensure they followed by the all employees working in the winder area. The position reports to: Production Shift Supervisor Overtime Status:
Nonexempt (N) Reports to/Dept: [[oc_deptinfo]] Shift: 12 hour shift Live the Safety standard, adhere to the safety responsibilities. Metrics Implement a personal safety action plan to include LTT and PPE required throughout various tasks and review with supervisor Ensures a safe work environment through strict adherence to OC’s safety policies and procedures while producing and running the winder with controlled power and speed, quality activities and communication with winder operators, batch technicians, coater operators and supervisor. Work as team with other key operators to achieve high standards for Coater operations, safety goals, and quality products Metrics Accurately produces quality product in accordance with work order(s) using proper set up and customer specifications, raw materials and SOP’s:
Ensure safety, set up, and quality specifications are consistent with the policy and effectively communicated to quality techs, coater & winder end employees and production supervisor. Reporting of product(s) that doesn’t conform to the physical or appearance standards and specifications. Monitor all finished goods to ensure proper specification and appearance Troubleshoot problems and work with team members and maintenance to solve problems Train and develop new winder employee(s) to ensure consistency with product specifications, set up and proper job tasks to sustain accurate knowledge and certifications.
Become a technical resource regarding the Coater Operation process and equipment Metrics Utilize Winder Operator technical skills to assist in decision making Identify opportunities around procedures and efficiencies for the winder operation Ensure the injury-free performance of team members Metrics Work in an environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning. Effectively learn change for his / her workgroup while maintaining high levels of engagement. Behaves consistently with desired Owens Corning employee characteristics and competencies Metrics Works closely with the production coater operators, Quality Control and supervisor in a team-based environment that will ensure continuously improving product performance and employee efficiency.
Ensure performance practices are consistent and within site policies and procedure. Job Requirements Experience: High School Diploma with preference for those with further post-secondary education and/or Degree or Diploma.
Three (3) years industrial production experience in a 24/7 continuous manufacturing environment or equivalent. Familiar with working shift schedule. Must be able to work all shifts including nights and weekends when applicable Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to make decisions based on facts and / or data including algebra and technical skills to analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data Ability to effectively communicate to all levels in the organization Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as effectively communication both within and outside of the organization Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to work both strategically and hands-on Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook along with reading Crystal reports.
Also must have the ability to learn SAP Personal Characteristics: Strong interpersonal skills Must be highly organized and able to adapt to changing demands and priorities. Must be results-oriented and focused on quality products for the customer About Owens Corning Owens Corning (NYSE:
OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable.
Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years.
For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com . A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Vamt- Winder Operator
Description/Job Summary Positon operates extrusion equipment on a 12 hour shift. Ability to read and record line and production data. Follow safety and quality procedures/practices. Assist other department employees as needed. Perform other duties as assigned. Team work and good communication required. Responsibilities/DutiesPreferred Experience Two years prior manufacturing experience Extrusion experience
Required Education* GED or High School Diploma
Preferred Education* Trade School/Vocational School
Required Qualifications* Ability to use computer Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs Work 12-hour shifts (including weekends) Work overtime as required Prolonged standing Work in extreme temperature conditions Basic mathametical skills required Understand and read measurements
Winder Operator (Machine Op) 12 Hour Shifts
Day Star Staffing, LLC.
Day Star Staffing employees over 3,000 people yearly across seven different states. We are former educators, friends and family with a mission: to operate an industrial staffing company motivated by more than just the bottom line – we want to make a real difference. And we do that by treating job seekers and clients like a member of our team. We treat people like people, not like numbers. Everyone in our offices shares in our success!
At Day Star we have a client-based approach. We tailor everything specific to the client. Our job seekers benefit too. By having great relationships with our clients, we can provide better opportunities for candidates across Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and Illinois.
- Handle finished product (coils of plastic strapping)
- These coils can weigh from 25-60 lbs., and will be lifted and packed consistently throughout 12-hour shift.
- Requires standing for entire 12-hour shift
- Requires significant attention to detail
- $14.00-$15.00/hr with regular raises upon performance review
- Dental, health & life insurance, paid holidays/vacations, 401K with company match, production and attendance incentive programs – available after completion of temporary period
- 12 hour shifts (rotating schedule)
- Night Shift:
- With rotating shift schedule, paychecks alternate between 36 hours and 48 hours (40 hours regular, 8 hours OT)
- High School Diploma/GED (or equivalent)
- 2 years of employment in manufacturing setting
- Forklift experience preferred
- Ability to utilize computer system scanner for inventory tracking
- Must submit to drug screen and criminal BG check
To view other openings please check out Jobs.DayStarStaffing.com
Delivery Truck Driver / Blanket Wrap Delivery & Pick-Up
We are looking for motivated, strong-minded and physically strong individuals to join our team to drive our truck to transport and deliver furniture, antiques, artwork, light fixtures and more.
Driver Duties and
- Responsible for transport of and furniture and valuables from origin to destination
- Manages workers in loading and unloading goods, material, and equipment
- Actively participates in moving materials, equipment, furniture, and managing packing and crating of valuables and hard-to-move items
- Maintains tool kit for the installation, assembly and breakdown of furniture, cubicles, or other items for transport
- Acts as liaison with dispatch, and warehouse staff to meet our obligations to the clients
- Prior moving & storage or furniture delivery experience a plus
- Experience as a crew leader or supervisor
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- paid time off
- service awards
Required license or certification:
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year
Supervisor #339 - Outlet Winder
Our History Nearly a century after opening our doors, Beall's Inc. continues to serve our communities with the spirit of pride and appreciation first shown by Robert M. Beall back in 1915. In 1987, with the start of the Outlet business in retail, his son E.R.Beall decided to open the first Beall’s Outlet in Florida. The concept was a hit and the Outlet division has been growing ever since. Currently within the Beall's Inc. portfolio, there are over 450 Outlet stores and 70 Department Stores that cover 13 states, with sales over a billion dollars annually. The Outlet division conducts business under two different names, Beall’s Outlet within Florida, Georgia and Arizona and Burke’s Outlet for all other locations. Who Are We? We are a convenient and welcoming store where everyone can find the styles and brands they want all at lower prices. We are continually offering fresh assortments of fashion apparel, shoes, accessories and homes goods, making shopping for the family easy, affordable and rewarding. We are the shopping solution for the entire family. More Brands! Big Savings! Our Mission We are a customer-centric, family focused organization with a relentless desire to deliver exceptional value. We want to thrill our customers with an ever changing offering of the latest brands and fashions, in a bright and casual shopping environment, while delivering friendly and consistent customer service. Supervisor A supervisor assists customers in a professional, friendly manner, maintains store merchandising standards and has responsibilities to open and close the store location. A supervisor upholds the company policies and proceduresof the store while the Store Manager is not present. A successful Supervisor will be: Results Driven
Able to evaluate reports in order to execute store action plans
Demonstrates operational agility based on the needs of the business
Achieve company goals for processes and programs
Develops daily/weekly/monthly action plans to ensure all Company standards are met Effective Merchandiser
Able to effectively merchandise softlins/hardlines with or without company directive
Assess store layout and individual inventory levels to merchandise to drive sales
Ensure proper handling of merchandise functions within the store Operationally Efficient
Effective use of all company systems including POS
Organize, delegate, prioritize and hold team accountable for achieving all operational goals and tasks Leader in Customer Service
Model a positive customer experience
Uphold a culture that builds exceptional internal and external experiences
Builds a customer base through the company loyalty program by obtaining customer information Able to Lead a Diverse Team of Associates
Effectively coach teams to achieve results
Develop a collaborative working environment
Be able to work varying hours and schedules, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
Must be able to reach a minimum of 60 inches to stock and maintain merchandise.
Travel to assist with new store openings and corporate meetings as required.
Must be able to climb a 6 ft. ladder for maintaining and presenting merchandise (if applicable).
Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds (while wearing a company provided back support belt) to unload and process merchandise.
Must be able to push and pull merchandise fixtures (minimum resistance of 10 pounds), for presentation and department changes.
Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (e.g., vacuum, broom, mop and duster) to maintain store cleanliness. External Company Name: Bealls, Inc. External Company URL: https://www.beallsinc.com/
Electric Motor Winder
We are currently looking for a Motor Winder in the Heights area of Houston to start immediately.
Must have experience!!!
Role and Responsibilities-
Re-wind various types of electro-mechanical equipment including but not limited to single phase, three phase, armatures and wound rotors.
-Inspect various types of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
-Ability to dismantle, strip and record coil data for AC/DC machines (motors/generators)
-Cut and remove defective coils, record data and remove insulation from core slots.
-Cut and form insulation and insert into rotor, stator, or armature slots
-Install and align formed or random coils in slots
-Replace defective coil leads and solder/braze connections of coils in specified sequence
-Test condition of windings according to EASA standards
-Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect refurnished parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
-Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment and document test results
-Operate specialized repair and testing equipment including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various handheld power and non-power tools, etc.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 3 years exp.
Location- Heights area
If you meet these experience and qualifications you may go online to expresspros.com and complete online application. you may also contact us at 713-523-5530 for more information!
Electric Motor Winder
Brick Staffing is seeking an experience Motor Winder for our client in Litchfield, MN
•Provide electro-mechanical repair services for industrial AC/DC electric motors, generators, gear boxes and related equipment.
• AC/DC stator, rotor, and armature winding with random and form coils.
• Must have experience with random wound motors.
• Must be able to safely use overhead, gantry cranes, and lift trucks and associate lift rigging.
• Must be able to work from drawings, sketches, and blueprints.
• Will run and interpret test equipment for rotating machinery.
• Must be able to identify problems and make the necessary electrical repairs.
• Will be required to perform field service at customers’ sites.
• Observe all safety procedures and maintain housekeeping in assigned area.
• Perform electrical tests using portable test equipment such as multimeters, meggers, hi-pots and surge comparison testers.
• Perform mechanical measurements using portable mechanical instruments such as dial indicators, micrometers, and portable vibration measurement equipment.
• GED and or High School education
• 5 years’ experience electric motor repair
• AC/DC stator, rotor, and armature winding with random and form coils.
• Required equipment use; cranes, and forklifts
• Balance, clean, assemble, paint, final testing, run test load and no-load, QC documentation.
• Perform field service at customers’ sites as required.
• Forklift experience
• Valid Driver’s License
Winder Machine Operator Trainee - In Mentor
- Ready to start a career? Are you dependable with a strong work ethic? We have entry level manufacturing job openings for individuals that want to grow with us!
- Polychem has a dedicated training program for our plastic strapping department that will help you develop your manufacturing skills. We promote from within. All of our employees in production supervisory roles started as winder operators.
- Polychem values safety, quality and dependability. We reward employees based on those values with monthly, quarterly and annual incentives. In addition to a competitive starting wage ($14.00/hour plus $1/hour for night shift premiums), winder operator trainees receive $.75/hour increase upon completion of training (4 - 6 weeks) and another $.25 - $.50 increase based on line assignment. Our 12 hour shift schedule (including paid lunch breaks) means that you are only scheduled for half the days in a year. Additional overtime shifts are often available.
- Our benefit package includes dental, health, life insurances, paid vacation time and holidays, and a 401k plan with a 5% company match.
- Polychem has been serving our customers and supporting our community for nearly 40 years. Our company continues to grow and expand which in turn creates opportunities for our employees! Apply today!
- Winder Operator position is responsible for handling our finished product (coils of plastic strapping). Each coil weighs between 25 and 55 pounds with multiple lifts per coil. Repetitive lifting over the course of a shift can exceed 10,000#.
- Job duties include: quality checks using calipers, packaging of coils, entering production data in the computer system, driving a forklift
- 24/7 operation with 12 hour shifts ( 7am- 7pm OR 7pm- 7am)
- Day shift rotation- Work 2, off 2, work 3, off 2, work 2, off 3 (repeat 2 week cycle)
- Night shift rotation- 4 nights on, 4 nights off
- Background check and pre-employment physical with drug screen required
- Prefer at least 2 years prior factory experience, including forklift operator experience
- High school diploma/GED (preferred)
- Starting rate $14.00 per hour with additional $1.00 per hour night shift premium
- Merit increases after completion of training and line assignment; yearly reviews
- Competitive benefit package including, health, dental & life insurances, paid vacation, 401k plan with 5% match
- Annual attendance bonus
- Monthly and quarterly production incentives
Electric Motor Winder
Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
Test condition of windings according to EASA Standards.
Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA Standards and document test results.
Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, back ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.) * Keep work area clean and organized.
Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
All other duties as assigned. Required Skills
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
Certification from a Technical school helpful.
Mechanical aptitude required.
Prior experience working as a Winder desired. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets. Tracking Code: 790-773 Job Location: Augusta, Georgia, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!