Blaster Job Description Sample
Sand Blaster / Bead Blaster
Our long established client is seeking a Sandblaster / Bead Blaster to joint their team!! Duties will include removing adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt, and to impart specified finish, using abrasive-blasting equipment.
Shift: 6 am to 2:30 pm
The general purpose of this position is to use a variety of sandblasting techniques to the exterior and interior of railcars. Must ensure that all company guidelines are met, and that all GBW EHS rules are followed when performing duties. In addition, must be able to read and interpret work orders in compliance with FRA, AAR, GBW and customer specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
* Interpret job work orders to perform required railcar coatings
* Coordinate and complete coatings in an efficient manner and within assigned hours
* Notify supervisor of any materials and/or equipment required to ensure completion of job tasks
* Interact with crew members in a team environment, as well as with supervisor
* Follow all safety rules, keep work area clean and comply with all GBW Environmental Health and Safety Policies
* Ensure FRA, AAR, GBW and customer quality assurance standards are met
* Any other duties as assigned such special projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to read, write, and communicate English at a proficient level
* Ability to learn function specific operational details and pass an exam to demonstrate knowledge
* Ability to learn, follow and perform required recordkeeping of GBW EHS, Quality policies, procedures and checklists.
* Work in hot and cold environment, in and out of the weather; work safely around heavy equipment and on top of, under and inside railcars, as well as around railroad tracks.
* Knowledge of equipment and tools required to perform safe entry for cleaning
* Perform/ prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to wear and care for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to steel toed boots, eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, respirators, and a variety of protective suits.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5+ hours/day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 -- 5.5+ hours/day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hours/day)
Stand -- F Reach Above Shoulder -- O
Walk -- C Climb -- F
Sit -- O Crawl -- F
Handling/Fingering -- F Squat/Kneel -- F
Reach Outward -- F Bend -- F
12 lbs. or less -- F 10 lbs. or less -- F
13-25 lbs. -- F 11-20 lbs. -- F
26-40 lbs. -- F 21-50 lbs. -- F
41-100 lbs. -- O 51-100 lbs. -- O
With the exception of clerical, administrative, and some management positions, which require indoor work, the physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, dry/arid and dusty conditions. May be frequently exposed to heights that require the use of fall protection equipment. Team members are required to use personal protective equipment as environmental conditions dictate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
GBW Railcar Services now has the scale to expand railcar repair service offerings for general freight cars of all types, and meet the certification and maintenance requirements of the growing North American tank car fleet. With 40 facilities located across North America and more than 2,100 team members, this cutting-edge, full-service company performs a broad spectrum of repair, maintenance and recertification services.
Explosives Engineer - Blaster
Wampum Hardware Co.
Wampum Hardware Co. (WHC), an established blasting company, is headquartered in Pennsylvania with locations in Ohio, West Virginia and Indiana. We are looking for an experienced certified Blaster to be based out of our Philipsburg
- Reviews drill patterns and diagrams, determines product and shot layout necessary to meet customer needs.
- Communicates blast details with all personnel on job site and performs duties necessary to prepare and detonate shot.
- Conducts Pre/Post Shot Safety Audit at every shot service event.
- Completes necessary event /shot report documentation
- Complies with customers’ policies/procedures
- Coordinates the handling of all customer issues, blast area incidents, and/or public concerns related to the event with appropriate personnel.
- Communicates regularly with the sales representative and/or Location Manager regarding customer accounts, as required by the Location.
- Assists in all duties required in the blast area as directed and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Maintains current working knowledge of vehicles and equipment used in shot service
- Maintains safe working conditions.
Blaster Qualifications / Requirements
- State Blaster’s license Required
- Minimum 3 years certified blasting experience
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with clean driving record
- HAZMAT, Tanker & Air Brakes endorsements required within 30 days of employment
- Must meet requirements of all State and Federal explosive laws (“possessor of explosives” as defined by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives BATFE)
- Must be at least 21 years of age, as required by the BATFE
- Successfully pass criminal background check, drug screening and DOT physical
- Knowledge and ability to comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE)
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Frequent lifting of 40-50 pound product bags or boxes
WHC offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, and 401k, profit sharing, paid holidays and paid time off, short term disability, in addition to a competitive hourly wage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonable accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, age, citizenship marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Mobile Sand Blaster
Looking for a self-motivated individual to Sandblast at our shop, or in the field at various customer locations with the mobile blaster. They need to know the various blasting medias and equipment setting. They must have a clean driving record, great work ethics, be on time, and willing to work various times and some weekends. This person must have good customer service skills along with some organization skills.
1. Skills and Abilities
· Must have good customer service skills
· Must have thorough knowledge of blasting equipment, medias, and the principles of operation.
· Must fallow safety rules
· Must have the ability to comprehend and fallow written or verbal instructions
· Must have a strong work ethic
· Demonstrate proper use of company equipment
· Use PPE, safety glasses, ear plugs foot and hand protection
· Can use hand tools, power tools, and portable tools
· Build quality into work
· Maintain stable performance and behavior under pressure
· Have and demonstrate common sense decisions
· Ability to stay on task while performing routine and repetitive work
3. Minimum Requirement
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Read, Write, and Basic Math Skills
· 1 or more years of experience in abrasive blasting
· Read a tape measure
· Work alone off company property with minimal supervision
· Safely operate a forklift
4. Physical Demand
· Physical Demand
· Almost continual standing, reaching, grasping, carrying, and balancing
· Able to lift over 80# several times a minute
· 90% of work done outside
A few of the exceptional features Ponca City has to offer include:
Low cost of living and low cost of operating a business
Located just 90 minutes from Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Wichita, Kansas
Community-wide free WiFi network
Productive, motivated workforce
Leading workforce training center- Pioneer Technology Center
Strong, 6A public school system
Home to the University Center, close to Northern Oklahoma College and Oklahoma State University
Top ten nationally ranked hospital
Secure, safe community
State of the art aquatic center- YMCA facility
Two lakes for water sports/fishing within 15 miles
Powder Coat Bead Blaster
POSITION SUMMARY – Responsible for maintaining and operating the bead blast equipment as well as being able to identify parts that need blasted. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT— Must be willing and able to work in an environment exposed to elements that can include but are not limited to coolant, dust, mist, elevated noise, and uncontrolled temperatures.
- Load and unload spindles
- Work with forklift/walk behind forklift to move spindles
- Maneuver spindles and load machine
- Learn different settings of the machine for different materials (in order to know how to change settings)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
o Ability to maintain a clean and organized work place
o Understanding of how to operate bead blast machine
Education: High School Graduate, GED, or HSDE preferred
Experience: No experience necessary; must be able to be trained on the job
Must demonstrate computer literacy
Certificates & Licenses: Must pass written and driving test for fork lift certification
Description SUMMARY Abrades surfaces of metal or hard composition objects to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust and dirt, to impart specified finish ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Shovels or pours abrasives such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
Plans and schedules work in accordance with needs in paint.
Loads parts on racks in enclosed rooms, into tumbling barrels, or into cabinets.
Turns a valve on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle or into tumbling barrel.
Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive laden compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts.
Directs nozzle over surface of large parts or inserts arms through glove fitted cabinet openings and manipulates small parts under nozzle for specified interval.
Examines finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications. Performs equipment maintenance as required
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Georgia-Kennesaw
Textron Specialized Vehicles
Req ID: 259129
SUMMARY: This job description covers all levels of skilled (tradesmen), semi-skilled and unskilled production and assembly personnel employed by Celtech. Levels are determined based on demonstrated knowledge and experience or earned certifications and education. All production personnel are required to perform their assigned duties to complete their tasks with defect free performance and to alert their supervisors when potentially substandard processes are encountered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary duties will include the media blasting of jet engine test cell equipment that is undergoing a repair process for the USAF as well as foreign militaries. Complete corrosion abatement will be mandatory in order to move the equipment to the next step in the repair
- Applies masking tape or other coverings over areas not to be
- Preps freshly blasted equipment for the paint
- Maintains all blasting equipment. Including air compressors, hoses, blast pot and associated piping, electrical equipment, shop air equipment and safety equipment utilized in the blasting process.
- Keeps the blast area clean of debris that can cause safety concerns. Keeps area organized to facilitate smooth flow of
- Must become proficient at all aspects of driving a
- Assists other technicians if needed or as
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations in the blast area. Complies with all Celtech safety rules and
- Develop an understanding of Global Shop and assist others in understanding the corporate ERP system.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma and or GED
- Experience is similar job fields
- Observe and listen to operating equipment to diagnose malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs
- Maintain blasting equipment, applying knowledge of mechanics, material properties, and equipment operation procedures
- Set controls to regulate finish of blasted
- Dismantle equipment using hand tools to examine parts for defects and replace wearing parts as required
- Ability to recognize “bottlenecks” and offer suggestions to resolve them
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems and analyze feedback
- Understanding of management and production principles
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Knowledge of materials methods and tools required to do a job
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques to maximize effectiveness
- Effective at team building
- Effective in communicating and developing communication between all levels of the company
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to read, write and interpret work instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and business agreements
- Ability to respond to verbal or written inquiries from customers, or members of the business community
- Ability to gather data, organize it for verbal or written presentation, and effectively present information to management or employees
- Basic math, plus interpolation of raw data into meaningful computations for research; and interpretations of that data to resolve problems
- Ability to apply fractions, ratios and proportions to solve problems or present data for review
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram or process flow chart form and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to deal with numerous problems in a high stress atmosphere
- Application of basic problem solving skills including critical path, PDCA (plan, do, check, act), fishbone, story boarding, DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control) and other various techniques Manual dexterity, the ability to visualize how something will look after it is moved around or when the parts are rearranged
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Safety training for office and factory operations
- Certificates of training in Safety, hazardous materials handling,
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015
- Compliance with the “Spirit” of the Celtech quality policy
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with physical disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk, reach, lift 50 pounds to a height of 60 inches
- Vision of corrected vision to allow for extensive reading and interpretation of data from various formats, depth perception, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust and focus
- General physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of a machine and make fast, simple and repeated motions of the hands, fingers and wrists
- Normal factory setting
- Noise level is usually moderate to high
- May require close proximity to electrical devices
- Employees are expected to wear appropriate personal safety protection in areas so posted, all employees are expected to wear appropriate footwear in manufacturing areas
- Dusty environment due to the blasting
- Area is also dependent upon ambient temperatures. Hot and cold temps are experienced throughout the
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Powder Coater/ Sand Blaster
Powder Coater/ Sand Blaster Daily tasks would include but not be limited to preparation of steel components prior to powder coating as well as applying powder coat to the steel components.
Attention to detail, detect defects in materials and equipment and report to supervisor.
Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, second shift and overtime may be required.
Must lift up to 50lbs
Hourly pay determined by experience. Room for advancement and benefits after 90 days.
Shade Systems is a Drug Free Work Place. Applicant must pass a typical background check as well as drug screening upon hire.
Schuff Steel - Midwest
ottawa, KS, USA
Full Time Comprehensive Benefits Package Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job SUMMARY To provide the labor, skill and knowledge in performing surface preparation for coating applications per job specifications. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operation and maintenance of all applicable equipment.
Knowledge of Enviromental rules and regulations.
Use of grinders, chippers, sanders, and overhead cranes as needed.
Read and layout work orders or receive instructions from supervisor regarding cleaning.
Reading piece mark numbers.
Other duties may be assigned. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None EQUIPMENT USED May include but not limited to use of a blaster, sprayer and air compressor. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. The employee must occasionally push and/or pull a maximum force of 200 ft-lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Close mental and visual application required to interpret drawings, layout, plan work, and weld. Good judgment in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times. AAP/EEO STATEMENT Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Blaster 1 (Direct)
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a candidate for the Blaster 1 position located in Sacramento, CA. Sandblasts car shells exterior to achieve required texture. Performs maintenance on the media blast equipment.
Performs preventative maintenance to car shell. May perform equipment maintenance in other areas of the shop. Assists in preparation of car shells for transport.
Works under minimal supervision. Works on assignments with continuous guidance and set of detailed instructions. Follows standard practices and procedures where answers can be readily obtained.
Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor and others in group. Erroneous actions or decisions would cause minor delays, inefficiencies with no additional expenses. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training.
Equipment maintenance skills are a plus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!