Blender I Job Description Sample
Machine Operator, Blender 1St & 2Nd Shif
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.Essential Job Functions:Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
Ability to read, write and comprehend EnglishExcellent communication skills
Must be well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team at all levels
Ability to perform intermediate math functions in English (addition, subtraction, division, fractions)Basic knowledge of computers
Ability to push or pull up to 50 lbs. repetitively
Ability to weigh-up ingredients
Job Duties:Obtain all required paperwork for shift (e.g., scale verification, batch blend, time blend)Check pipes and doors for loose parts
Dry condensation in blend room when necessary
Sanitize equipment as necessary
Review requisition and batch sheets to ensure all items and quantities received are correct
Perform scale audits and complete batch checklist
Measure and blend ingredients into sauce according to batch sheet instructions
Monitor blending process
Clean machine parts, tools, utensils and work area ensuring good housekeeping and 5S standards are met
Complete all required paperwork and document critical data
May perform general labor duties as assigned
May perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:Knowledge of GMP's and food allergens
Ability to be LOTO CertifiedAbility to identify Critical Control Points (CCP)Knowledge of the 5S concept
Ability to work with pork, chicken, beef and shellfish products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.Experience: Minimum 3 months production or related experience preferred.Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Midlothian, TX
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards (CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments and locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Chemtrade is one of the world’s largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, liquid sulphur dioxide (SO2) and sodium hydrosulphite (SHS), and a leading processor of spent sulphuric acid. Chemtrade is also a leading regional supplier of sulphur and sodium chlorate, one of only two North American producers of phosphorous pentasulphide and also produces zinc oxide and water treatment chemicals. Chemtrade obtains these products from its own production facilities and through long-term marketing services agreements and distributes them to customers around the world. In January 2014, Chemtrade acquired General Chemical, a leader in water chemicals with nearly 50 North American production facilities. Chemtrade manufactures a broad line of organic and inorganic chemicals for a wide variety of industries and applications. Our products include aluminum sulfate, aluminum chlorohydrate, and ferric sulfate for water treatment applications. We stand behind our products with solid technical support. We are one of the leading producers across every business we service.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Duties include but are not limited to packaging, blending and quality inspection at the Midlothian Site. Responsible for ensuring all related SOP's and plant rules pertaining to GMP, safety, operating procedures, and personal conduct are followed. The incumbent will help maintain an effective Food Safety and Quality System and support its ongoing improvement, and be committed to producing quality, safe and legal products that meet or exceed our customer’s specifications and comply with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements. Shift rotation is required.
- Follow and/or maintain GFSI Global Food Safety Certification (SQF).
- Follow all GMP rules and help coach others to comply with GMP rules as necessary.
- Monitor potassium chloride as it is packaged or blended to ensure contamination is not present.
- Ensure potassium chloride is packaged and blended per SOP's.
- Stock the packaging and blending rooms with appropriate supplies as necessary for potassium chloride packaging and blending.
- Utilize a computer system as needed for department specific electronic data collection.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in the packaging, blending, warehouse, and grounds areas.
- Responsible for notifying the department supervisor and/or shift foreman of any packaging issues.
- Performs all duties necessary to prepare areas for initiating the manufacturing process including screen changes on mechanical separators.
- Assists with maintenance of equipment as required.
- Participates in and completes all required training.
- Completes packaging and blending log sheets as required.
- Inspects lots as directed by the department supervisor or designee.
- Inspector follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
- Duties include but are not limited to individual drum inspection, changing labels, dumping drums, placing drums on pallets, drum weighing and filling out inspection reports.
- Ensures that the chicklet (potash) supply, rework, and empty drum supply is adequate as per SOP's.
- Duties also include, but are not limited to conveying pallets of packaged materials to the appropriate storage locations, and completing the KCI Raw Material Feed Report.
- Hopper Operator follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
- Must be able to complete packaging, blending, and inspection logs neatly per SOP’s
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow operating and safety procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong mathematical abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May need to climb, pull self upward, kneel, stoop, crawl, crouch or balance on unstable surfaces.
- Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be fit and able to wear Respirator and Rain Gear with other safety equipment.
- Must be able to work in the outdoor elements including cold, heat and humidity.
- Safety is a job requirement
Must be able to perform under the following conditions:
- Work in awkward or confining workspaces.
- Work in elevated places.
- Work in outdoor environment.
- Work in noisy environment.
- Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals and etc.
- Work safely at all times.
- Able to work in Adverse Weather Conditions.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Utilizes raw ingredients to blend juice products in accordance with product specifications.
Essential Duties and
include the following.
Works in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
Pumps and blends concentrate in accordance with recommended formulations provided by the Quality Assurance Department.
Operates pasteurizers to ensure products are pasteurized in accordance with product specifications and safe food processing guidelines.
Completes blend sheets and associated paperwork in a timely, accurate, and legible manner.
Monitors job tasks to ensure food safety and quality and promptly reports any concerns or issues to supervisor and/or Quality Assurance Department.
Maintains solid communication with Production, Planning, and Quality Assurance throughout the process and during shift changes.
Washes and sanitizes silos, tanks, pasteurizers, and production lines using approved CIP methods.
Performs all necessary quality checks and testing as determined by the Quality Department or management.
Follows instructions and responds to management or lead direction.
Writes and speaks clearly and informatively and able to read and interpret written information.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
Follows policies and procedures.
Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Uses equipment and materials properly.
Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Ability to manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes delays, or unexpected events while reacting well under pressure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess basic computer and keyboarding skills and have knowledge of and be competent in the use of Warehouse Management System software and hardware.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is sometimes exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and hearing protection is required in all production areas of the facility.
Chemical Operator / Blender / Compounder
Chemical Operator / Blender / Compunder is responsible for mixing raw materials to create finished products according to batch tickets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
CCFI also offers contract packaging services for blended items and commodity chemicals. We handle container sizes from bulk truckloads down to half-pint bottles in both liquid and dry form. We are a family-owned company with a history of industry involvement, manufacturing expertise, and industry knowledge resulting in our success as a premier manufacturer and supplier to the industries.
We provide great quality products and manufacturing services, enabling our customers to focus on their core strengths.
Our Core Values are:
o* Customer Centric
o* Strong Team Players
o* Take Ownership
Job Title: Blender Operator Contact: Human Resources Company: PACA FOODS, LLC Reports To: Shift Blending Supervisor Supervises: N/A FLSA: Full Time, Hourly-Non-exempt Grade: TBD POSITION SUMMARY: Works under the general supervision of the shift supervisor. This individual is responsible for loading ingredients in the mixer and assuring the blending process produces a quality product. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Pick up batch sheet.
Check batch sheet for accuracy based on customer specifications.
Record lot number.
Obtain supervisor approval.
Check pallets for accuracy.
Assist with equipment / machine assembly.
Follow proper HACCP procedures and practices.
Keep work area clean and perform appropriate sanitation.
Inspect ingredients and notify the supervisor and quality assurance of issues.
Screen or mill ingredients as needed.
Mix batch following blending instructions.
Package bulk items in 50 pound bags.
Ensure final product meets all quality standards.
Responsible for the quality, food safety and legality of products produced within the facility.
Prepare paper work.
Other duties as assigned. CORE COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized and detail oriented
Must have excellent math skills
Must be able to operate a fork lift
Able to use work tools
Must be able to read and operate scales
Must be flexible and a team player
Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school Diploma or equivalent
Fork lift operation certified + 1 plus years related work experience WORK SCHEDULE REQUESTED
Hourly, non-exempt position working 4×10 shifts. Typical workweek is 40 hours with additional hours during month end and year end close and special projects. FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and other Quality procedures as they apply to this job description.
Oversee the physical condition (mechanical and cleanliness) of the blenders, sifters, and magnets to ensure equipment is in proper working order prior to adding ingredients.
Check the batch sheets against materials staged and ensure use of correct ingredient and packaging material items and that lot numbers are recorded accurately.
Carefully inspect materials being added to the blenders for any type of contaminant or deviations.
Inspect product hoppers to ensure sanitary conditions.
Obtain pre-operational inspection approval prior to processing.
Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to take action.
Blender Operator - Days - North Plant
Description Weighing and measuring ingredients. Adding powder to the blenders, setting up and making batches, monitoring inventory, cleaning, and other duties as assigned. Primary responsibilities include:
Completes and enters inventory information in to Oracle for end-of-run reconciliation and researches any inventory discrepancies.
Exhibits strong individual responsibility towards the delivery of team metrics relating to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
Manually adds ingredients to liquid in lanco blender.
Cleans, dismantles, and reassembles equipment. Performs environmental cleaning within the blender room, including floor drains.
Responsible for adhering to all safe work procedures and practices of safety, and proactively identifies safety issues.
Prepares ingredients for mix batching, calibrating scales, weighing product and documenting ingredient weights and actual usage.
Makes daily powder orders from the warehouse needed for production run, transferring any unused raw products upon completion of run.
Performs daily forklift checks and operates forklift for material transport. Plant: North Plant Shift/Hours: Night shift, Approximate shift times of 8:00 P.M. - 5:30 A.M. ## Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience in processing or ingredients is preferred.
Recalls details of procedures and training and consistently follows established methods in task completion. If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location:* United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Job Posting:* Jan 3, 2018, 1:29:43 PM
Req ID:* 1700000781
Master Blender - Chef / Cook Experience
Trained chef to create and blend large batch spices from scratch and our recipes in house. Must have a good palette and creative mind but can also follow directions. Needs to be knowledgeable with food service and HACCP rules. Organized, mature and responsible are key for us. We are an eight year old, dynamic gourmet food packaging company in Pompano Beach. This is a new position within our company; come make it your own! We offer benefits, paid holidays, and regular hours (Monday - Friday 8a-5p).
All products are processed and packaged in our HACCP certified manufacturing facility in Pompano Beach, Florida. A homemade Christmas gift in 2009 sparked the start of The Spice Lab, recognized in 2014 and 2015 as one of the Top 50 Women-Owned Businesses in Florida and ranked # 549 on the 2015 Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies.
The company's extensive line of sea salts, spices, seasonings and related products are sold by gourmet and specialty gift shops, major retailers and online through Amazon and at www.thespicelab.com.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is looking for Compounder Blenders!
Great work environment and training opportunities!
Are you someone who wants to grow and work with a great group of dynamic individuals? Who wants a new challenge and bring contribution to a company? Come and grow with us! Where everybody will know your name. Interested candidates should forward their resumes for consideration.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is a flavor formulation and ingredient supply-company currently seeking Compounder Blenders to work in a team environment to contribute to the manufacturing of product(s) formulation. This position consists of, but is not limited to, working collaboratively with others to achieve successful compounding and blending of batches. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compounder Blenders are an essential part of Allen Flavors success! They properly weigh ingredients, label and document products, and mix and blend materials. Good basic math skills are essential in this position to calculate percentages, reconcile inventories and convert measurements to metric.
Responsibilities of the Compounder Blender include:
• Execute batch records and procedures/Ensure product’s effectiveness and purity.
• Weigh components used in batches and document pre-weighs.
• Make pre-blends for larger batches.
• Complete daily scale checks and calibrations.
• Monitor inventory.
• Maintain records manually and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Analyze processes, determine next steps and ensure all prior steps are completed.
• Communicate and document processes in multi-tasked/multi-shift operations.
• Understand and implement Company Certified programs such as HACCP, SQF, Food Defense and Safety programs.
• Other duties as assigned by
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:Education:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1- 2 years of production/manufacturing experience.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Ability to read and interpret instructions.
• Knowledge of weights and measures and the ability to compare them.
• Knowledge of finished blends and raw blends preferred.
• Some mechanical experience preferred.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and roll a 300 lb. drum.
• Superior communication skills (verbal and written).
• Team Player.
• Detail Oriented and ability to multi-task.
At Allen Flavors, Inc. we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encourage to reach their full potential. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities and outstanding benefit programs.
• Vacation/Sick/Personal Paid Time Off
• Holiday Per Yearly Schedule
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance
• And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs
Allen Flavors, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Chemical Blender - Second Shift
Experienced Chemical Blender - Second Shift
Pinnacle Oil Holdings, LLC - Indianapolis, IN
$17 - 19 an hour, PLUS $1 an hour for night differential
Pinnacle Oil is a fully integrated, independent lubricant manufacturer and packager located in Park 100 on the Northwest side of Indianapolis. Started in 1987, Pinnacle is rapidly expanding and needs additional Team Members to reach its strategic growth goals.
Lubricant Blenders combine and mix a variety of raw materials in large tanks to make automotive and industrial bulk lubricants. Starting wages are $17-19 an hour, dependent upon experience, PLUS $1 an hour night differential. We also offer vacation time and a competitive benefits package to Team Members.
We are currently seeking experienced lubricant/chemical blenders to join our second shift. Second shift scheduled from 3:00pm to 12:30am (approximately 45 hours per week). Occasional additional overtime may be required.
Blenders are responsible for safely and accurately following blend sheets to create a variety of finished lubricant products. The blender will complete his/her assigned tasks by operating and maintaining various pieces of equipment while adhering to all customer, internal and regulatory policies and procedures. The blender is expected to follow supervisor instructions and to work as a team with all blending team members.
Accurately following blend sheet Instructions
Weighing and pumping material from drums into designated tanks
Connecting and metering material from rail cars into designated tanks
Sampling raw materials and finished products and taking them to the QC lab
Accurately completing all necessary production paperwork for each blend
Completing all daily, weekly and monthly blending equipment checks, as needed
Keeping work environment clean and safe
Qualifications and Work Experience Requirements
1- 3 years experience mixing or blending lubricants, chemicals, or food ingredients
Strong mathematical skills and understanding of weights and measurement conversions
Ability to lift 40 pounds and to stand, bend, twist, climb and reach throughout complete shift
Stable work history
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
Ability to read, speak and write English
Pinnacle Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Machine Operator/Chemical Operator/Chemical Blender
Adhesive Packaging Company in Peabody is seeking an experienced
The machine operator is responsible for assisting the process operator with production & changeovers and following operating procedures to safely produce quality material.
· Read and follow operating procedures including sequencing of opening and closing valves and pumps.
· Follow safety rules and procedures as well as MSDS guidelines including wearing required PPE
· Load correct quantity of needed raw materials; monitor processes utilizing instruments/gauges; adjust process both manually and with computerized controls; assure finish product meets quality specifications.
· Responsible for routine line tours and validation of processing attributes.
· Sampling to ensure proper texture and temperature of product.
· Maintaining proper temperature/time and texture for each individual process.
· Ensure proper chemical addition.
· Optimize material throughputs and reduce waste.
· Ensuring proper variety is being run on each process.
· Ensure efficient change over with minimal losses or overruns.
· Fill out batch ticket and any other production forms.
· Select proper containers and labels according to production requirements.
· Effectively communicating relevant information to fellow employees
· Communicating all process inefficiencies, equipment malfunctions, safety concerns and quality issues to the department Lead and/or Supervisor
· Maintain good housekeeping standards with equipment and work area
· Other responsibilities as assigned including those to assure safe, efficient operations of the plant.
This is a general description and is not intended to be all inclusive.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment. Chemical operator or Chemical Blender experience a plus
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow order instructions in English, as well as other procedures and safety rules.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrated attention to detail to including following procedures and documenting process batch information
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative, team environment and effectively turn over shift to next shift
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!