Blender Snuff Job Description Sample
Plant Services Attendant - American Snuff Company
Plant Services Attendant - American Snuff Company Date:Nov 16, 2017 Location:Clarksville, TN, US Company:RAI Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century. When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive. At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day. This position is within American Snuff Company—the nation’s second- largest manufacturer of smokeless tobacco products. Its leading brands are Grizzly and Kodiak. Plant Services Attendants safely and efficiently operate tobacco processing equipment, including forklifts, following work instructions for varying processes and departments to accurately produce, package, transport, store and maintain records regarding the production of high-quality tobacco semi-finished products. Plant Service Attendants in the Administration & Management-Processing Department are responsible for relief coverage for Plant Service Attendant duties in all departments and also for performing other duties as assigned under direction of the Threshing Line Supervisor. Principal Duties and
Accurately follow detailed work instructions for manufacturing processes, record keeping and safety procedures.
Monitor process to ensure correct supplies, materials and tobacco are utilized for appropriate blends of semi-finished goods.
Perform and record detailed preventative maintenace checks and report identified issues to supervision and maintenance.
Accurately record and verify records and material verifications (counts, tags, levels).
Verify material and set up for change-overs and clean-ups.
Safely and effectively operate industrial forklifts and scissor lifts. Education/Experience:
High School diploma or G.E.D required.
Previous manufacturing experience preferred. Required
Pass lift truck and scissor lift certfication requirements and safely operate riding sweeper.
Willingness and ability to learn and perform varying duties.
Willingness and ability to work any shift and in varying departments.
Basic computer skills.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Attention to detail, proactive mindset and effective follow-through. Preferred
Certified forklift driver.
Familiarity with tobacco processing equipment and MMI and PLC navigation. Physical
Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting and working from elevations. Repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds to height of 4 feet and working at heights to 20 feet in a scissor lift. Compensation/Targeted Bonus
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify. Benefit Summary Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including: + 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Confidential personal financial counseling service
A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
Health-care advocacy service
Volunteer service opportunities
Extensive training opportunities ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION: Reynolds American Inc. is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company, LLC; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company. Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Onlyapplicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly. Telephone:262-439-1893 Email: TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com Nearest Major Market:ClarksvilleNearest Secondary Market:Nashville
Blender / Mixer Operator
Ellsworth Corporation is an industry leading distributor of adhesives and other formulated systems and services. We are a global corporation, specializing in the distribution, manufacturing and custom filling of adhesives, specialty chemicals and equipment. With more than 40 years of experience in adhesive applications, we continue to expand and position ourselves for the future. Currently we have a Mixer Operator/Blender opportunity in our NEW state of the art Resinlab facility, located in Germantown, WI.
Successful employee will maintain professionalism at all times and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Will be productive and meet quality standards while observing safety & security procedures.
- 1st Shift 10 am to 6:30 pm. M-F; Availability to work OT and Saturdays as needed.
- High school diploma, GED or high school equivalency diploma (HSED) is required.
- 3+ years of experience as a mixer / blender / compounder for an adhesive or chemical manufacturing company, preferably working with epoxies and resins.
- Physical requirements include being able to move and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- Period respirator usage required for this role. Must be able meet the pre-employment and annual medical surveillance requirement for respirator use in this role.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to meticulously follow instructions while emphasizing production and quality.
- Work independently, creating batches from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with basic math and be able to weigh materials with accuracy.
- High mechanical ability a plus.
Primary responsibilities include blending raw materials by using various mixing equipment and mixing techniques. Will follow job work instructions to ensure product is manufactured and packaged according to customer specific requirements.
- Verify inventory for the availability of raw materials prior to beginning production.
- Complete production jobs as scheduled by the Manufacturing Manager or Production Scheduler.
- Manufacture product by following specific job paperwork instructions.
- Provide sample of the manufactured product to Quality Assurance and make adjustments as directed.
- Label and package products according to job paperwork.
- Verify inventory by taking cycle counts as requested (report inventory errors as discovered during daily tasks).
- After completion of job paperwork move completed product to the next appropriate department.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Conform to all quality and safety procedures.
- Meets or exceeds expected production rates and operates with little to no quality incidents.
- Assist in training other personnel as appropriate.
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive wage, 10% bonus plan, and benefit package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, vacation, bonus plan, and much more!
In exchange for your achievements, you are rewarded with a competitive base salary, annual bonus potential and paid time off. We also offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k) with a generous company match.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is looking for Compounder Blenders!
Great work environment and training opportunities!
Are you someone who wants to grow and work with a great group of dynamic individuals? Who wants a new challenge and bring contribution to a company? Come and grow with us! Where everybody will know your name. Interested candidates should forward their resumes for consideration.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is a flavor formulation and ingredient supply-company currently seeking Compounder Blenders to work in a team environment to contribute to the manufacturing of product(s) formulation. This position consists of, but is not limited to, working collaboratively with others to achieve successful compounding and blending of batches. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compounder Blenders are an essential part of Allen Flavors success! They properly weigh ingredients, label and document products, and mix and blend materials. Good basic math skills are essential in this position to calculate percentages, reconcile inventories and convert measurements to metric.
Responsibilities of the Compounder Blender include:
• Execute batch records and procedures/Ensure product’s effectiveness and purity.
• Weigh components used in batches and document pre-weighs.
• Make pre-blends for larger batches.
• Complete daily scale checks and calibrations.
• Monitor inventory.
• Maintain records manually and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Analyze processes, determine next steps and ensure all prior steps are completed.
• Communicate and document processes in multi-tasked/multi-shift operations.
• Understand and implement Company Certified programs such as HACCP, SQF, Food Defense and Safety programs.
• Other duties as assigned by
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:Education:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1- 2 years of production/manufacturing experience.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Ability to read and interpret instructions.
• Knowledge of weights and measures and the ability to compare them.
• Knowledge of finished blends and raw blends preferred.
• Some mechanical experience preferred.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and roll a 300 lb. drum.
• Superior communication skills (verbal and written).
• Team Player.
• Detail Oriented and ability to multi-task.
At Allen Flavors, Inc. we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encourage to reach their full potential. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities and outstanding benefit programs.
• Vacation/Sick/Personal Paid Time Off
• Holiday Per Yearly Schedule
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance
• And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs
Allen Flavors, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Blender Operator Multiple Openings
The goal of the blender operator is to make the best tasting juice in the juice business. To accomplish this, the blender will follow established standard operating procedure (SOP’s) that have a proven history of producing high quality product for our customers. In addition to established protocols, the blender will be challenged to find creative ways to improve the current processes. Good analytical skills are needed to blend batches based on ingredient quality, batch size and specification requirements.
The candidate should possess the following;
Experience working in the food or beverage industry.
Blending experience in the food or beverage industry.
High school level math skills.
Previous culinary experience a plus.
Must be self-motivated and a team-player.
We run criminal background checks, E-Verify, and are a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer.
Chemical Blender - Second Shift
Experienced Chemical Blender - Second Shift
Pinnacle Oil Holdings, LLC - Indianapolis, IN
$17 - 19 an hour, PLUS $1 an hour for night differential
Pinnacle Oil is a fully integrated, independent lubricant manufacturer and packager located in Park 100 on the Northwest side of Indianapolis. Started in 1987, Pinnacle is rapidly expanding and needs additional Team Members to reach its strategic growth goals.
Lubricant Blenders combine and mix a variety of raw materials in large tanks to make automotive and industrial bulk lubricants. Starting wages are $17-19 an hour, dependent upon experience, PLUS $1 an hour night differential. We also offer vacation time and a competitive benefits package to Team Members.
We are currently seeking experienced lubricant/chemical blenders to join our second shift. Second shift scheduled from 3:00pm to 12:30am (approximately 45 hours per week). Occasional additional overtime may be required.
Blenders are responsible for safely and accurately following blend sheets to create a variety of finished lubricant products. The blender will complete his/her assigned tasks by operating and maintaining various pieces of equipment while adhering to all customer, internal and regulatory policies and procedures. The blender is expected to follow supervisor instructions and to work as a team with all blending team members.
Accurately following blend sheet Instructions
Weighing and pumping material from drums into designated tanks
Connecting and metering material from rail cars into designated tanks
Sampling raw materials and finished products and taking them to the QC lab
Accurately completing all necessary production paperwork for each blend
Completing all daily, weekly and monthly blending equipment checks, as needed
Keeping work environment clean and safe
Qualifications and Work Experience Requirements
1- 3 years experience mixing or blending lubricants, chemicals, or food ingredients
Strong mathematical skills and understanding of weights and measurement conversions
Ability to lift 40 pounds and to stand, bend, twist, climb and reach throughout complete shift
Stable work history
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
Ability to read, speak and write English
Pinnacle Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Utilizes raw ingredients to blend juice products in accordance with product specifications.
Essential Duties and
include the following.
Works in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
Pumps and blends concentrate in accordance with recommended formulations provided by the Quality Assurance Department.
Operates pasteurizers to ensure products are pasteurized in accordance with product specifications and safe food processing guidelines.
Completes blend sheets and associated paperwork in a timely, accurate, and legible manner.
Monitors job tasks to ensure food safety and quality and promptly reports any concerns or issues to supervisor and/or Quality Assurance Department.
Maintains solid communication with Production, Planning, and Quality Assurance throughout the process and during shift changes.
Washes and sanitizes silos, tanks, pasteurizers, and production lines using approved CIP methods.
Performs all necessary quality checks and testing as determined by the Quality Department or management.
Follows instructions and responds to management or lead direction.
Writes and speaks clearly and informatively and able to read and interpret written information.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
Follows policies and procedures.
Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Uses equipment and materials properly.
Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Ability to manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes delays, or unexpected events while reacting well under pressure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess basic computer and keyboarding skills and have knowledge of and be competent in the use of Warehouse Management System software and hardware.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is sometimes exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and hearing protection is required in all production areas of the facility.
Essential Job Functions:
· Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
· Ability to read, write and comprehend English
· Excellent communication skills
· Must be well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team at all levels
· Ability to perform intermediate math functions in English (addition, subtraction, division, fractions)
· Basic knowledge of computers
· Ability to push or pull to 50 lbs repetitively
· Ability to weigh-up ingredients
· Obtain all required paperwork for shifts (e.g., scale verification, batch blend, time blend)
· Check pipes and doors for loose parts
· Dry condensation in blend room when necessary
· Sanitize equipment as necessary
· Review requisition and batch sheets to ensure all items and quantities received are correct
· Perform scale audits and complete batch checklist
· Measure and blend ingredients according to batch sheet instructions
· Monitor blending process
· Clean machine parts, tools, utensils and work area ensuring good housekeeping and 5S standards are met
· Complete all required paperwork and document critical data
· May perform general labor duties as assigned
· May perform other duties as assigned
Job Title: Blender Operator Contact: Human Resources Company: PACA FOODS, LLC Reports To: Shift Blending Supervisor Supervises: N/A FLSA: Full Time, Hourly-Non-exempt Grade: TBD POSITION SUMMARY: Works under the general supervision of the shift supervisor. This individual is responsible for loading ingredients in the mixer and assuring the blending process produces a quality product. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Pick up batch sheet.
Check batch sheet for accuracy based on customer specifications.
Record lot number.
Obtain supervisor approval.
Check pallets for accuracy.
Assist with equipment / machine assembly.
Follow proper HACCP procedures and practices.
Keep work area clean and perform appropriate sanitation.
Inspect ingredients and notify the supervisor and quality assurance of issues.
Screen or mill ingredients as needed.
Mix batch following blending instructions.
Package bulk items in 50 pound bags.
Ensure final product meets all quality standards.
Responsible for the quality, food safety and legality of products produced within the facility.
Prepare paper work.
Other duties as assigned. CORE COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized and detail oriented
Must have excellent math skills
Must be able to operate a fork lift
Able to use work tools
Must be able to read and operate scales
Must be flexible and a team player
Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school Diploma or equivalent
Fork lift operation certified + 1 plus years related work experience WORK SCHEDULE REQUESTED
Hourly, non-exempt position working 4×10 shifts. Typical workweek is 40 hours with additional hours during month end and year end close and special projects. FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and other Quality procedures as they apply to this job description.
Oversee the physical condition (mechanical and cleanliness) of the blenders, sifters, and magnets to ensure equipment is in proper working order prior to adding ingredients.
Check the batch sheets against materials staged and ensure use of correct ingredient and packaging material items and that lot numbers are recorded accurately.
Carefully inspect materials being added to the blenders for any type of contaminant or deviations.
Inspect product hoppers to ensure sanitary conditions.
Obtain pre-operational inspection approval prior to processing.
Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to take action.
Powder Blender # Clark, NJ
Job Snapshot # Location: Clark, NJ # Category: Industrial # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 32 weeks
Pay Rate: $14.00 - $17.00 /Hour
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
11/13/2017 # Job ID: 80391 # Contact: Volt # Phone:
Fax: # Description Our client in the Food & Flavor Industry located in Clark, NJ is in need of a Powder Blending Operator for their 2nd shift operations
Hours will be 2:30 PM -10:30 PM
Note : Candidates will be flexible working 4 day weekdays and Saturday or 3 days and Saturday & Sunday to be considered. This will depend on production needs as they arise.
Facilitate accurate and timely Blending and Packaging production, with quality results.
Understand weights and when to shut the valve off
Moving material from receiving or storage to designated areas.
Sorting and placing materials on racks, shelving, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
Ensure staging and packaging areas are accessible and safe.
Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
Recording amounts of materials received or distributed.
Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
Weighing and counting items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in warehouse/manufacturing environment. Candidates with experience in the Pharmaceutical, Food, Flavor, Beauty or Fragrance are encouraged to apply.
Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs., push up to a 450 lb. metal drum on a roller conveyor, and stand for prolonged periods.
Follow proper housekeeping and sanitary GMP procedures to prevent product contamination; use clean tools and utensils, and properly stored or hung to prevent product contamination. Positions are temp-to-Hire
Pay Rate : $ 14/hr + shift differential
Candidates will consent to: * Criminal background check
Recent and relevant employer references
Benefits working with Volt Workforce Solutions: * Weekly paycheck
Direct Deposit / Money Network Card
Referral Bonus Program Volt has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career. Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Production Caster/ Blender
• Displays these winning attitudes: customer service orientation, team player, reliability, honesty, willingness to follows directions, problem-solving, loyalty, safety-consciousness, ability to follow through
• Blending, casting, stripping and related material handling of precast refractory shapes
• Activities include blending of materials, casting of refractory slurry into forms, stripping of forms, and material handling
• Ability to read work orders, follow work instructions, and maintain work records
• Inspect, examine, and observe product, equipment, or workmanship defects
• Cleans tools and forms on daily basis
• Cleans work area including sweeping, disposing of debris and replacing tools and equipment to designated locations daily.
• Demonstrate initiative in execution of assigned tasks and duties, and perform work as assigned by supervisor
• Arrive to work on-time each day, mentally alert and physically able to work
• Strictly adhere to Company health and safety policies and procedures
• Six months of experience working in a manufacturing environment, however will provide on-the-job training for those with limited experience
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Ability to safely operate tow motors, cranes, and power tools
• General math skills
• Self-motivated, results-oriented, organized, energetic, and capable of staying calm under pressure from multiple ongoing projects
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to maintain consistent workload that involves lift, bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in an industrial setting
• May perform other duties, as assigned
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!