Blending Plant Operator Job Description Sample
Plant Manager - Chemical Toll Blending Facility - Jo-1711-1783
Job Title: Plant Manager - Chemical Toll Blending Facility
Reports To: Sr. Plant Manager (Retiring within 24 Months)
Location: Pasadena, TX
Industry: Chemicals Manufacturing
Our client is hiring a Plant Manager responsible for leading and directing mostly batch manufacturing operations staffed by approximately 100 nonunion employees. Manufacturing takes place 24/7, with rotating shift schedules. This position will be expected to move into the Sr. Plant Manager role within the next 18-24 months following the retirement of the existing Sr. Plant Manager.
In this role, you will oversee the chemical plant operations for optimized, safe and environmentally compliant operation. The ideal candidate will have experience in bath production to immediately hit the ground running, becoming familiar with products, equipment, plant operations, staff, safety to be assigned new projects for custom batch production from start to finish.
- Supervise approximately 5 Chemical Process Engineers
- Ensure safe and environmentally responsible operations at the site, especially proactive efforts to prevent incidents;
- Lead site operations to consistently meet or exceed business objectives and annual targets
- Develop and execute strategy for the site to increase EHS performance, productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and employee effectiveness/satisfaction/recognition.
- Champion use of quality tools in driving plant improvement to develop and implement strategic initiatives relative to inventory, capacity utilization, and growth opportunities
- Maintain cost effectiveness through aggressive productivity and asset management
- Improve and develop organizational capabilities through effective performance management and planning/utilization of human and capital resources;
- Drive cultural change, accountability and continuous improvement mindset throughout the organization.
- Champion programs to address employee satisfaction, employee training, communications, yield improvement, technology transfer, process improvement and departmental structure to support operating and strategic goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, ideally chemical engineering is required
- 15+ years of progressive chemical plant manufacturing experience with experience in custom processing and batch operations is required
- Prior experience with adhesives, lubricants, hydrotreating or hydrogenation is a plus
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in a production environment is required
- Process Safety Management experience with Management of Change or MOC and Pre Startup Safety Review or PSSR is required
- Experience with Chemcad or Aspen products is a plus
- Proven leadership skills as a team player/builder and a driver of value-added results.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations, project planning, cost control and program management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in use of Six Sigma tools, with Lean, Black belt or Greenbelt certification preferred.
- Proven track record of success in implementing HS&E programs and business initiatives.
- Strong internal and external communication and team-building skills
- Ability to energize and develop all levels of the organization.
By utilizing our in-house proprietary recruiting process, our recruiting consultants are able to truly understand the needs of our clients, and we do an excellent job of matching those requirements with the absolute best candidates in the in their respective industries.
For more information, please visit www.EncoreSearch.com
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Setup the machines according to batch record parameters
- Verify that has all the items necessary for production
- Visually verify that the ingredients are in conformance with standards
- Feed the equipment with amount of product according to batch record
- Must know how to start machines to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times as per the batch record
- Feed the machines following safety standards
- Organization and cleanliness of rooms; performs A and B type cleaning
- Follow all safety rules when moving materials
- Follow GMPs when performing the process
- Follow all SOPs related to the area assigned
- High School Degree
- Forklift certification (a plus)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift and handle heavy material using equipment
- Must be able to work from 4:30pm to 3:00am Monday through Thursday.
Requires frequent standing and bending. Lifting up to 25 kg (55 Ibs). Push or roll with assistance 50- to 100 kg drums with powder. Ability to use ladders.
Typical Work Conditions:
Person will be subject to food and nutritional bulk ingredients, which may affect the respiratory system or the skin, including an environment subject to odors, dust or airborne allergens.
Person will be working in a dry and low moisture environment
Person will be exposed to normal work hazards, including a variety of physical conditions such as a proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Exposure to noise.
Arnet Pharmaceutical is housed in a 85,000 sq. ft., all air conditioned, space in Davie Florida with 300 employees. Our facility includes offices, laboratory, manufacturing and warehouse areas and includes separate rooms for our production machinery. Arnet's extensive line of products includes a complete range of vitamins, minerals amino acids and herbal supplements. Arnet also has the capability to do: Tablets, Capsules, Powders and Chewable.
Over the years, Arnet Pharmaceutical has led the nutritional supplement industry in price, quality and innovation. We have built lasting and profitable relationships with our private label customers. Arnet Pharmaceutical is a modern, efficient, full service private label contract manufacturer of nutritional supplements, vitamins, minerals, herbal products, specialty products and diet aids.
We provide you with only the highest quality products from the finest ingredients. All formulas are manufactured under the guidelines of:
- United States Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.)
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (c.G.M.P.)
- Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.)
- Disintegration, potency and dissolution are guaranteed
- FDA Registered Facility and Label-er code for Customers
Our commitment to quality assures you that our customers will be provided with the most effective formulations produced under strict quality control standards. Our guarantee is that Arnet Pharmaceutical will always stand behind its products.
Arnet provides Certificates of Analysis for each batch number. We also provide Hallal and Kosher certificates if requested by the customer.
Requisition Number: 173765 Job Title: BLENDING OPERATOR City: Binghamton State: NY
BLENDING OPERATORDescription/Job Summary Perdue AgriBusiness, LLC has an immediate opening for Blend Operator for our Blending facility in Binghamton, NY. The position is responsible to operate assigned functions within the Blending plant. This position reports to the Blending Operations Manager. Responsibilities/Duties
Utility / Clean Up
Loading/unloading trucks/rail cars
- High School Diploma or GED, further education preferred.
Very physical outdoor and indoor duties.
Exposure to all weather conditions.
Heavy Lifting up to 75 pounds.
Experience comparable to any dry goods receiving facility would be a plus.
Great math (calculator provided), communication, and computer skills
Ability to learn company programs.
Legible writing skills.
Details Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Blending Operator II
This position will require the use of laboratory equipment to test our inbound and finished products in accordance with our quality requirements.The essential functions of the Blending Operator, under the direction of the Department Manager, include but are not limited to: iOperates forklift, unloading incoming truckloads of chemicals or packaging material. Will also be required to move material with a pallet jack and or a forklift throughout the department.iPrepare chemical solutions for bulk products and processes following standardized formulas.iUse designed filling system(s) to package finished product into specified containers.iMaintain clean laboratory instruments and work area.iResponsible for following all policies and procedures pertaining to RYKOis Quality System.iFollow documented procedures within the mixing/blending process to ensure a quality product.iMonitor product quality of blended product to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.iCompile and interpret results of quality tests and analysis throughout the mixing process.iNotify Department Manager or designee of any Safety or Quality issues.iRecord testing results in proper systems set up by the Operations and Quality teams.iTest incoming raw materials in test batches to ensure raw material meets quality specifications.iNeed to close out work orders and invoices correctly in the company used software program.iCollect the correct quantity samples and retains for each batch created to be stored in an organized and understandable manner.Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSiComply with company rules, policies, and decisions.iPerform the responsibilities of the position at a satisfactory level of efficiency.iMust maintain confidentiality of employee, department, and company business.iIntermittently bends, twists, climbs, and stands for prolonged periods.iIntermittently lifts items of light to heavy weight (up to 50 lbs.).iRequired to operate a forklift.iMust have adequate sight to read blue prints and other manufacturing documents, and/or work orders and other manufacturing documents. May be required to use a personal computer (PC) intermittently.iRequired to use basic math and writing skills.iRequired to use laboratory equipment for testing and recording throughout the process.PREFERENCESThis position will require the use of laboratory equipment to test our inbound and finished products in accordance with our quality requirements. It is vital that this individual be comfortable with following and adhering to written procedures and documentation.
This position needs someone with knowledge of Chemistry, emphasis on a strong understanding of the mixing and blending process. A Chemistry Degree or some formal education in Chemistry is preferred.
Blending Machine Operator 3Rd Shift
Country Pure Foods is seeking a Blending Machine Operator for 3rd Shift!!! Apply today!
- Utilizes raw ingredients to blend juice products in accordance with product specifications.
- Maintains efficient operations of required machines, including CIPs.
Essential Duties and
include the following.
- Works in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Obtains raw ingredients and other necessary materials to perform work and properly documents raw materials usage.
- Pumps and blends concentrates in accordance with recommended formulations provided by the Quality Assurance Department.
- Operates pasteurizers to ensure products are pasteurized in accordance with product specifications.
- Completes blend sheets and associated paperwork in a timely, accurate, and legible manner.
- Obtains tanker/silo or container samples in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures and delivers samples to Quality Assurance Department for testing.
- Maintains solid communication with Production, Planning, and Quality Assurance throughout the process and during shift changes.
- Washes and sanitizes silos, tanks and production lines using approved CIP methods.
- Performs all necessary quality checks and testing as determined by the Quality Department or Management.
- Follows instructions and responds to management or lead direction and complies with new policies or standards of operation.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively and able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
- Able to deal with and adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
Blending Operator 12 Hour 2-2-3 5Am-5Pm Work Schedule
Salm Partners is currently looking to hire a 12 Hour Blending Operator Partner! The 12 Hour Schedule is 5am-5pm 2-2-3 work schedule.
Performs all activities related to the meat formulation and blending preparation of raw meat product for processing, and sanitation of the Blending and Seasoning rooms. Complies with all safety, food safety, SQF, quality, GMP and USDA requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Verify the production menu for process and product specifications per the Operational Parameters sheet from the MAS500 system prior to start-up to determine formulation and blending needs.
- Assemble and set up the formulation and blending rooms’ equipment for production operation.
- Identify the spices and additional ingredients for the product to be blended during the shift; gather supplies from the Spice Room and deliver to the Seasoning Room for use.
- Verify and log the raw meat vat information and ingredients.
- Load raw meat from hopper to the blender.
- Add ingredients per the established recipe requirements.
- Monitor the blend during the mixing process; conduct process checks to verify the blend consistency for stuffing.
- Generate and apply blend labels to vats, with date, quantity, ingredients, etc. for lot traceability.
- Complete the required paperwork, including batch sheets, rework usage log, etc.
- Disassemble, sanitize and reassemble equipment as identified on the Changeover Matrix between production blends as required.
- Perform daily and weekly sanitation duties that include the following: sweep and mop floors; wash & wipe down equipment, wash parts and walls; empty and clean bins and barrels; remove and dispose of all waste; mop and clean the Formulation, Blending, Grinder and Seasoning Rooms; clean the ice machine and raw cooler, and other areas weekly or as needed.
- Assist with training Backup Operators and operators hired onto the shift.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as required.
- Exercise safety precautions when using cleaning chemicals, using cleaning chemicals appropriate to the task.
- Follows established equipment Lockout/Tagout procedures as required.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations per established company policies.
- Provide backup assistance to other department personnel as needs dictate.
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack to pull and move raw materials, product and supplies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and with changing environmental conditions. Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work rapidly and with a high degree of accuracy. Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to achieve forklift certification, if not licensed. Must be able to tolerate working in cool temperatures for extended periods, and be able to tolerate working with sanitation chemicals on a regular basis.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalency and a minimum of 6 months experience as a Backup Blender Operator is normally required. A minimum of 3 years work experience in a USDA- regulated environment is strongly preferred. Experience with meat blending operations or ready-to-eat processed meats manufacturing is strongly preferred. Experience with formulating sausage to defined fat & moisture levels, incorporating water/fat-binding ingredients & inclusions (IQF vegetables, cheese) into sausage is highly desired.
Must possess good verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as product information, process instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
While performing the duties of this job, the partner is frequently required to stand for extended periods; walk; sit and talk or hear. The partner is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, with repetitive motions of hands, arms and shoulders. The partner must regularly lift up to 50# and carry up stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. There is a wide variation of temperatures, ranging from 35° F to 100° F in the various other work areas. The work environment in Blending is wet and slippery. The noise level in the production work environment is usually loud. Partners are required to wear frocks, hairnets, composite-toed slip-resistant footwear, and hearing protection at all times in the production areas. Gloves, goggles, face shield, dust mask, rain suits and rubber boots will be required at different times in the course of the work being performed.
Salm Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we are committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Blending Machine Operator
Job Description- Blending Machine Operator
Set up and operate machines to mix and or blend Ingredients
· Examine materials, ingredients or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to already established standards
· Weigh and measure ingredients according to mixing sheets
· Pour all ingredients into blender and allow them to blend according to blend sheet
· Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
· Stop blender or mixing equipment when product has been blended according to blending sheet.
· Open valves, door, gates to transfer product into the appropriate containers
· Collect samples of blended product for QA testing.
· Examine blended product visually and with hand to ensure conformance to already stablished standards.
· Clean all equipment and bins use during production according to HACCAP procedures
· Clean work area and maintained clean and organized
· Other duties will be assigned
· Able to drive forklift
· Able to read and interpret blend sheet as well as mixing directions
· Detail oriented
· Able to work with others and communicate effectively
· Able to lift 50 lbs.
· Have knowledge and understanding of the Food Safe, HACCP, GMP and SQF programs and OSHA safety rule
· Food processing experience 1-2 years (Preferred but not required)
For over 20 years SUREStaff has provided excellent service to a wide array of organizations.
If you have experience in warehouse environments, distribution centers, and other similar work places, call our office and apply.
Refer a friend too! Thank you!
Dry Blending Operator
Company Overview Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company.
Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better. Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together. Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
Empowering our people
Promoting diverse thinking
Investing in innovation
Acting on sustainability
Embracing our differences Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. We have an immediate openings for a Dry Blending Operator at our Manufacturing facility in Clark, NJ.
Shift Final shift will be determined after training. Training may take place on a first shift or onoff shifts. Must be available for weekend work as needed.
*Shift subject to change
Description and Responsibilities 1. Compound formulas accurately by weight and by ingredients and ensure that the best methodology is utilized based upon the particular product or mix. 2.
Possess and apply working knowledge of all raw materials before use, ie: mixing/heating to ensure quality and consistency in batches. 3. Utilize inventory lot rotation (FIFO) for all materials used. 4. Possess and apply working knowledge of all pumps, mixers, scales, fork trucks, high density storage units, meters, and computers. 5.
Follow all manufacturing instructions on formula batch sheet using proper mixing techniques to ensure product quality. 6. Properly label all batches submitted to the lab for evaluation. 7. Follow all 5S and Good Manufacturing procedures to maintain good housekeeping and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental laws and regulations. 8.
Proper handling of Allergen products and equipment according to Allergen Control Procedures 9. Other duties assigned by Management
Minimum Requirements : HS or equivalent experience Must have experience within the Flavor or a closely related industry. Must be proficient in compounding techniques and raw materials. Must be proficient in the use of scales and other compounding equipment
Physical Requirements : Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds and move up to 400 pounds. Must be able to operate forklifts and other equipment integral to the job functions.
Must be able to see and distinguish between labels. Must be able to stand for extended periods and walk through the warehouse. Must be certified to wear a respirator and follow all rules regarding respirator wear.
Working Environment : Factory environment with exposure to flavor, and basic product chemicals and raw materials.
Position TypeFull Time
Blending Operator - Shift 30
The Blender Operator willoversee the process of blending raw materials into liquid detergents.
Learn and perform all aspects of blending liquid products which includes, but is not limited to, the following Knowledge of the operation of all mixers, pre-mixers and blending equipment.
Safe handling of all chemicals in compliance with OSHA standards. Knowledge of the Sanitation Program including: o Preparation of sanitation solutions. o Proper sanitation procedures for mixers, pre-mixers, and tanks. o Proper sanitation procedures for totes Knowledge of the fluid flow from raw material storage tanks to mixers and pre-mixers. Proper and safe clean up, and reporting of spills.
Knowledge of proper procedure of transfer of finished product from mixers and pre-mixers to storage tanks and between storage tanks.
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in the manufacture of safe, hygienic product. Knowledge of following correct batch making instructions and proper sequence of chemical addition.
Knowledge of troubleshooting procedures for batches and equipment. Knowledge of reworking product into batches. Recording accurate information on batch sheets, batch logs, waste water logs, and in the logbook.
Reporting of broken or leaking equipment to the proper personnel. Knowledge of the non-bulk storage area and maintaining stock levels of non-bulk items. Maintain salt levels in the brine tanks.
Knowledge of testing procedures including: o ph testing o hardness testing of the soft water system Clean up liquids process area and all liquids process equipment Perform related duties as determined by management. Operate the waste water system Must continuously follow all safety policies and procedures on the job. For safety and business purposes, must have communication skills including reading, writing and must be able to communicate to others as well as be able to receive communication from others.
Must continuously follow all safety policies and procedures on the job. Maintain an awareness of and use Good Manufacturing Practices. REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or equivalent.
Chemistry background helpful. Must attend hazardous chemicals seminars provided by the company. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner, which enables the employee to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must be well organized and able to learn quickly. Must have good communication skills. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
Must have the ability to maintain a clean, safe, sanitary, and problem free process operation. SDL2017
Granulation & Blending Operator
Hiring a Contract Granulation & Blending Operator
Duration: 12+ Month Temp to
Fortune 500 Pharma Company in Dayton, NJ
Work Schedule: First shift 7-3:30 / Second shift 3:30-11:45
Benefits: ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
It is the operator’s responsibility to ensure that the equipments used for e.g. Mechanical Sifter, Granulator, Fluid Bed Dryer, Fitz Mill, and blenders are clean and set up properly. It is operator’s responsibility to perform visual and physical checks of in-process and finished materials as per procedure of Production Batch Record.
- Clean and/or disassemble the equipment e.g. Mechanical Sifter, Granulator, Fluid Bed Dryer, Fitz Mill, Blender after the completion of product run as per SOP.
- Clean manufacturing room after the completion of product run as per SOP.
- Set up the equipments as per Sop’s, and as per specifications in Production Batch Record.
- Maintain the equipments in good working order, inspect equipments for wear and tear, and have any worn or evaluate malfunctioning parts and report to Production Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintain equipment parts and supplies in proper condition.
- Make any machine adjustments necessary during the batch run as required.
- Document all set up and cleaning in the log book and other pertinent paperwork.
- Visually inspect equipments as it is running to verify the machine is running within normal and safe operation.
- Take in process measurements of during the product run, and document these measurements in Production Batch Record.
- Keep the equipments and room clean during the production.
- Make sure all paperwork is complete and accurate throughout and after production.
- Keep accurate records of equipment usage and inspections.
- Perform any and all additional tasks relating to the operation of the manufacturing department as requested.
- Follow company policies, cGMP’s and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Physical Work Activities and Exposure:
- Work is regularly performed inside in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to dust, odor, noise, and fumes.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent sitting, talking, or hearing.
- Use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects or controls.
- Walk short distances. Clean and/or disassemble the equipments after the completion of sifting, granulation, drying and milling, blending activities.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent (we have to list both, since they are equivalent)
- Prefer minimum one (1) year of work experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- A demonstrated ability to follow written instructions precisely and perform basic math calculations is required.
- Should have an understanding/knowledge of cGMP, safety criteria or the ability to learn.
To Apply for immediate considerationplease send resume to Louis Moliterno at Louis.Moliterno@onboardusa.com and reference job # 18170 in the Subject Line and indicate the best times to contact you (please include nights and weekends if needed).
Candidates must complete background and drug screenings before starting any assignment.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In 2001, the ownership and management of On-Board set forth a corporate vision to become the leading provider of professional services in North America. In pursuit of this vision, On-Board will embrace the core values of superior quality and customer service, strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of our service offerings, assemble, develop and retain the best talent in the marketplace.
On-Boards corporate Mission is to provide Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our clients expectations in a safe, responsible and dependable manner consistent with our people and quality.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!