Blending Supervisor Job Description Sample
Position - Blending Supervisor –
Medium sized manufacturing company located in Orange, CA is looking for a verifiably experienced
hands on working supervisor to manage blending and block production in the Dispense Department.
Must be familiar with handling materials, pumping liquids, developing and using computer spread sheets, be energetic, friendly, hardworking, and a creative thinker.
Position reports to the Plant Manager and is open now. Salary is based on experience.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Able to confidently and appropriately provide leadership to meet daily production schedules.
• Forklift experience.
• Able to describe themselves as organized and logical.
• Able to prepare daily production paper work.
• Eagerness to learn all processes with a self driven attitude.
• Able to multi task and work independently
• Have strong customer service attitude.
• Be a creative thinker and problem solver
• Have knowledge of WordPress, Excel, & Numbers.
Be prepared to comment on your experience and/or knowledge on each of the above.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Blending Trainee level position at a fast paced, quality focused contract manufacturer. Attention to detail, extraordinary work ethic and exceptional time management is a must. Blending Trainee are team players who take pride in working harder, faster, cleaner and more efficiently than the competition. They actively participate in the overall strategic design and direction of the Blending department and processes. General duties and responsibilities include:
Setting of departmental performance goals, organization of work, and maintenance of a productive and motivational climate
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Perform a variety of tasks involved in the blending of products
Operator will inform supervisor of any issues
Follows company GMP policies
Regular on time attendance necessary
Must be able to work a 10 hour shift
In the event of downtime, work in other areas as directed by your supervisor
Must have good communication skills and comfortable working with all team members
Document, review and maintain blending paperwork as required in a timely manner
The ability to effectively comprehend, communicate and calculate in English is required
The ability to effectively comprehend, communicate and calculate in English & Spanish is highly preferred
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Setup the machines according to batch record parameters
- Verify that has all the items necessary for production
- Visually verify that the ingredients are in conformance with standards
- Feed the equipment with amount of product according to batch record
- Must know how to start machines to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times as per the batch record
- Feed the machines following safety standards
- Organization and cleanliness of rooms; performs A and B type cleaning
- Follow all safety rules when moving materials
- Follow GMPs when performing the process
- Follow all SOPs related to the area assigned
- High School Degree
- Forklift certification (a plus)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift and handle heavy material using equipment
- Must be able to work from 4:30pm to 3:00am Monday through Thursday.
Requires frequent standing and bending. Lifting up to 25 kg (55 Ibs). Push or roll with assistance 50- to 100 kg drums with powder. Ability to use ladders.
Typical Work Conditions:
Person will be subject to food and nutritional bulk ingredients, which may affect the respiratory system or the skin, including an environment subject to odors, dust or airborne allergens.
Person will be working in a dry and low moisture environment
Person will be exposed to normal work hazards, including a variety of physical conditions such as a proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Exposure to noise.
Arnet Pharmaceutical is housed in a 85,000 sq. ft., all air conditioned, space in Davie Florida with 300 employees. Our facility includes offices, laboratory, manufacturing and warehouse areas and includes separate rooms for our production machinery. Arnet's extensive line of products includes a complete range of vitamins, minerals amino acids and herbal supplements. Arnet also has the capability to do: Tablets, Capsules, Powders and Chewable.
Over the years, Arnet Pharmaceutical has led the nutritional supplement industry in price, quality and innovation. We have built lasting and profitable relationships with our private label customers. Arnet Pharmaceutical is a modern, efficient, full service private label contract manufacturer of nutritional supplements, vitamins, minerals, herbal products, specialty products and diet aids.
We provide you with only the highest quality products from the finest ingredients. All formulas are manufactured under the guidelines of:
- United States Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.)
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (c.G.M.P.)
- Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.)
- Disintegration, potency and dissolution are guaranteed
- FDA Registered Facility and Label-er code for Customers
Our commitment to quality assures you that our customers will be provided with the most effective formulations produced under strict quality control standards. Our guarantee is that Arnet Pharmaceutical will always stand behind its products.
Arnet provides Certificates of Analysis for each batch number. We also provide Hallal and Kosher certificates if requested by the customer.
Maintenance Technicians & Blending & Extrusion Operations
Mexichem Specialty Compounds is a leading specialty compounder of technically diverse products serving markets such as wire & cable, regulated products and regulated packaging with US production facilities in Leominster, MA and Pineville, NC. As a subsidiary of Mexichem we have the resources of a large international organization to support our continued growth.
Mexichem Specialty Compounds offers competitive wages and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/ vision and 401k.
Qualified candidates please send resume to: Bob.Cox@mexichem.com
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS
- BLENDING & EXTRUSION OPERATORS
For our Leominster facility.
Mexichem Specialty Compounds is growing and adding additional resources lo the production and maintenance teams. We currently have openings for Maintenance Technicians as well as Blending and Extrusion Operators in our Leominster facility. Mexichem Specialty Compounds operates on a 24/7 production schedule.
We currently have openings on the day and night shifts. Shifts are 12 hours and work 3.b days per week with one weekend day off. Our shift schedule is fixed, meaning no rotating day/night shifts.
The Maintenance Technician position is primarily responsible for all repairs and maintenance of process equipment on an assigned shift, Performs scheduled preventative maintenance work as assigned, Mechanical knowledge of pumps, hydraulic and pneumatic systems so that repairs and maintenance are carried out efficiently is required. Knowledge of OSHA standards and experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
The Blending and Extrusion Operator positions are responsible for operating blending and extrusion equipment in accordance with established operating procedures,
Blending & Pack Off Specialist
Blending Pack Off Role and Responsibilities
Assist and support the management of Butcher & Packer Blending division by gathering raw materials, recording lot numbers accurately, following specific instructions, portioning products for the blending and shipping department, and participate in cleaning blending facility. We supply quality products and services to a wide customer base throughout the United States. As a Blending & Pack Off Specialist, you will also need to demonstrate good customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
Handle materials including location and identification
Familiar with a FIFO Inventory system preferred
Pay close attention to detail
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or team move up to 100 pounds
Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Able to use and operate digital scales for measuring product
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures
Housekeeping as it applies to job or work area
Must be able to sit, bend, pull and squat to perform this job effectively
Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
Read, speak, write and understand English
Basic computer skills
Basic math skills add, subtract, multiply and use a calculator
Power jack experience preferred
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities with a “can do” attitude
Butcher & Packer Offers
Competitive compensation program
Outstanding benefits package including medical
401(k) plan with a company contribution of 3% of employee’s wage (once eligible)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Plant Manager - Chemical Toll Blending Facility - Jo-1711-1783
Job Title: Plant Manager - Chemical Toll Blending Facility
Reports To: Sr. Plant Manager (Retiring within 24 Months)
Location: Pasadena, TX
Industry: Chemicals Manufacturing
Our client is hiring a Plant Manager responsible for leading and directing mostly batch manufacturing operations staffed by approximately 100 nonunion employees. Manufacturing takes place 24/7, with rotating shift schedules. This position will be expected to move into the Sr. Plant Manager role within the next 18-24 months following the retirement of the existing Sr. Plant Manager.
In this role, you will oversee the chemical plant operations for optimized, safe and environmentally compliant operation. The ideal candidate will have experience in bath production to immediately hit the ground running, becoming familiar with products, equipment, plant operations, staff, safety to be assigned new projects for custom batch production from start to finish.
- Supervise approximately 5 Chemical Process Engineers
- Ensure safe and environmentally responsible operations at the site, especially proactive efforts to prevent incidents;
- Lead site operations to consistently meet or exceed business objectives and annual targets
- Develop and execute strategy for the site to increase EHS performance, productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and employee effectiveness/satisfaction/recognition.
- Champion use of quality tools in driving plant improvement to develop and implement strategic initiatives relative to inventory, capacity utilization, and growth opportunities
- Maintain cost effectiveness through aggressive productivity and asset management
- Improve and develop organizational capabilities through effective performance management and planning/utilization of human and capital resources;
- Drive cultural change, accountability and continuous improvement mindset throughout the organization.
- Champion programs to address employee satisfaction, employee training, communications, yield improvement, technology transfer, process improvement and departmental structure to support operating and strategic goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, ideally chemical engineering is required
- 15+ years of progressive chemical plant manufacturing experience with experience in custom processing and batch operations is required
- Prior experience with adhesives, lubricants, hydrotreating or hydrogenation is a plus
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in a production environment is required
- Process Safety Management experience with Management of Change or MOC and Pre Startup Safety Review or PSSR is required
- Experience with Chemcad or Aspen products is a plus
- Proven leadership skills as a team player/builder and a driver of value-added results.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations, project planning, cost control and program management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in use of Six Sigma tools, with Lean, Black belt or Greenbelt certification preferred.
- Proven track record of success in implementing HS&E programs and business initiatives.
- Strong internal and external communication and team-building skills
- Ability to energize and develop all levels of the organization.
By utilizing our in-house proprietary recruiting process, our recruiting consultants are able to truly understand the needs of our clients, and we do an excellent job of matching those requirements with the absolute best candidates in the in their respective industries.
For more information, please visit www.EncoreSearch.com
Granulation & Blending Operator
Hiring a Contract Granulation & Blending Operator
Duration: 12+ Month Temp to
Fortune 500 Pharma Company in Dayton, NJ
Work Schedule: First shift 7-3:30 / Second shift 3:30-11:45
Benefits: ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
It is the operator’s responsibility to ensure that the equipments used for e.g. Mechanical Sifter, Granulator, Fluid Bed Dryer, Fitz Mill, and blenders are clean and set up properly. It is operator’s responsibility to perform visual and physical checks of in-process and finished materials as per procedure of Production Batch Record.
- Clean and/or disassemble the equipment e.g. Mechanical Sifter, Granulator, Fluid Bed Dryer, Fitz Mill, Blender after the completion of product run as per SOP.
- Clean manufacturing room after the completion of product run as per SOP.
- Set up the equipments as per Sop’s, and as per specifications in Production Batch Record.
- Maintain the equipments in good working order, inspect equipments for wear and tear, and have any worn or evaluate malfunctioning parts and report to Production Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintain equipment parts and supplies in proper condition.
- Make any machine adjustments necessary during the batch run as required.
- Document all set up and cleaning in the log book and other pertinent paperwork.
- Visually inspect equipments as it is running to verify the machine is running within normal and safe operation.
- Take in process measurements of during the product run, and document these measurements in Production Batch Record.
- Keep the equipments and room clean during the production.
- Make sure all paperwork is complete and accurate throughout and after production.
- Keep accurate records of equipment usage and inspections.
- Perform any and all additional tasks relating to the operation of the manufacturing department as requested.
- Follow company policies, cGMP’s and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Physical Work Activities and Exposure:
- Work is regularly performed inside in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to dust, odor, noise, and fumes.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent sitting, talking, or hearing.
- Use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects or controls.
- Walk short distances. Clean and/or disassemble the equipments after the completion of sifting, granulation, drying and milling, blending activities.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent (we have to list both, since they are equivalent)
- Prefer minimum one (1) year of work experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- A demonstrated ability to follow written instructions precisely and perform basic math calculations is required.
- Should have an understanding/knowledge of cGMP, safety criteria or the ability to learn.
To Apply for immediate considerationplease send resume to Louis Moliterno at Louis.Moliterno@onboardusa.com and reference job # 18170 in the Subject Line and indicate the best times to contact you (please include nights and weekends if needed).
Candidates must complete background and drug screenings before starting any assignment.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In 2001, the ownership and management of On-Board set forth a corporate vision to become the leading provider of professional services in North America. In pursuit of this vision, On-Board will embrace the core values of superior quality and customer service, strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of our service offerings, assemble, develop and retain the best talent in the marketplace.
On-Boards corporate Mission is to provide Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our clients expectations in a safe, responsible and dependable manner consistent with our people and quality.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Blending Technicians - 1St, 2Nd, & 3Rd Shifts Available
We are seeking Blending Technicians to join our team!
This position requires heavy lifting- 30 lbs.- 50 lbs. over their shoulders.
- Locate/move raw materials from the staging area to the Blending area.
- Organize and clean stage area
- Provide QC and/or QC samples as requested.
- Verify label specification matches the products.
- Move blending products to finished blending staging area.
- Maintains time and production records
- Request for raw materials from warehouse.
- Check for expiration dates, color, texture, and smell to ensure that the liquid and powder raw materials are acceptable.
- Weigh and blend all raw material
- Mix and blend raw material according to formula.
- Perform consistency test with consist-o-meter for completed paste blend.
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Basic Math, reading, writing skills and combines units of measure.
- Troubleshooting Blending machines.
- Understanding of compression of powders
- Good communication in English (verbal & written)
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical & Dental (company pays 75% of employees HMO plans)
- Discounted Vision
- 401K - Match up to 3% of annual salary
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
Robinson Pharma is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Robinson Pharma takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.
12 Hour Blending Department Team Lead 2-2-3 5Pm-5Am Schedule
Primary duties are to provide direction and assistance with blending and seasoning activities to ensure safe and efficient preparation of raw meat product for processing, and sanitation of the Blending and Seasoning rooms in compliance with all safety, food safety, quality, SQF, GMP and USDA requirements. The work schedule is established as 5pm-5am 2-2-3 schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee the set up and operation of the blending room equipment and processes to meet the blending schedule.
- Adjust the Blender Operator work schedules as exceptions arise to ensure production needs are met; works with Shift Facilitators to ensure adequate helper coverage is available as needed.
- Review and monitor all paperwork generated and completed by Blending Operators, including batch sheets, rework usage log, etc.
- Create LPNs for meat received.
- Plan and schedule regrind usage from Case Pack, controlling inventory and ensuring regrind quantities are within the specifications identified within the operational parameters by product.
- Oversee blending production; monitor the blend during the mixing process; conduct process checks to verify the blend consistency for stuffing, and assist with weighing spices and performing blending operator duties as needed.
- Complete the daily production report, tracking and reporting staffing, down time and blends completed.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures; ensure they accurately represent the process in place and are being followed.
- Monitor the production process flow and make suggestions for throughput improvements; complete continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Participate in test product planning meetings prior to and after the test runs.
- Communicate major production issues and concerns to the Plant Manager; relay concerns with regard to equipment performance, product quality, safety and food safety in a timely manner.
- Promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Assist with and ensure sanitation duties are completed as required, and perform more extensive sanitation tasks as assigned on Master Sanitation days.
- Follow and ensure compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as required.
- Follow and ensure compliance with established equipment Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Follow and ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations per established company policies.
Previous leadership experience is preferred, and a minimum of 6 months experience as a Blending Operator would be helpful. Must possess strong computer proficiency, and exposure to MAS500 preferred. Must have the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and have excellent problem solving skills. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing environmental conditions. Must possess strong math skills, effective interpersonal communication skills, strong verbal and written skills, and the ability to read and interpret documents such as product information, process instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Salm Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we are committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Blending Machine Operator 3Rd Shift
Country Pure Foods is seeking a Blending Machine Operator for 3rd Shift!!! Apply today!
- Utilizes raw ingredients to blend juice products in accordance with product specifications.
- Maintains efficient operations of required machines, including CIPs.
Essential Duties and
include the following.
- Works in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Obtains raw ingredients and other necessary materials to perform work and properly documents raw materials usage.
- Pumps and blends concentrates in accordance with recommended formulations provided by the Quality Assurance Department.
- Operates pasteurizers to ensure products are pasteurized in accordance with product specifications.
- Completes blend sheets and associated paperwork in a timely, accurate, and legible manner.
- Obtains tanker/silo or container samples in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures and delivers samples to Quality Assurance Department for testing.
- Maintains solid communication with Production, Planning, and Quality Assurance throughout the process and during shift changes.
- Washes and sanitizes silos, tanks and production lines using approved CIP methods.
- Performs all necessary quality checks and testing as determined by the Quality Department or Management.
- Follows instructions and responds to management or lead direction and complies with new policies or standards of operation.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively and able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and completes work in timely manner.
- Able to deal with and adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Is consistently at work and on time and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Possesses the Skills and Knowledge, and able to meet the Physical Demands and perform in the work environment described in the Work Environment section below.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!