Blending Supervisor Job Description Sample
Gases Blending Technician - Chicago, IL
JOB SUMMARY: This function requires strict adherence to safety, regulatory and quality procedures in the filling of high-pressure gas mixtures in addition to pure gas products utilizing gravimetric, pressure/ temperature and dynamic blending equipment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: • Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed complying with local, state and federal regulations. • Complete necessary production steps in production system. • Loading and unloading pallets. • Stocking cylinders using forklift or hand truck. • Assist with inventory and general housekeeping • Able to perform nonconforming product problem solving. • Understand basic compressor operation and maintenance • Understand basic liquid pump operations • Ability to troubleshoot and perform basic equipment maintenance • Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repacking gases into cylinders • Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections. • Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained • Regularly inspect and maintain pumping equipment and associated pressure gauges and monitoring devices. • Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance. • Perform mathematical calculations. • Perform routine calibration on process analytical equipment. • Basic knowledge of equipment troubleshooting • The ability to train new employees in all of the above aspects of the department • Perform other duties as assigned. • Shift work as required. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Associates Degree in Science or Chemistry. • 1 to 5 years industry or related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Must be compliant with a drug-free workplace. • Able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written English • Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) • Must be able to safely operate a forklift. COMPUTER SKILLS: • Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS: • Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: • Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. • Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title:Gases Blending Technician - Chicago, IL
Blending Trainee level position at a fast paced, quality focused contract manufacturer. Attention to detail, extraordinary work ethic and exceptional time management is a must. Blending Trainee are team players who take pride in working harder, faster, cleaner and more efficiently than the competition. They actively participate in the overall strategic design and direction of the Blending department and processes. General duties and responsibilities include:
Setting of departmental performance goals, organization of work, and maintenance of a productive and motivational climate
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Perform a variety of tasks involved in the blending of products
Operator will inform supervisor of any issues
Follows company GMP policies
Regular on time attendance necessary
Must be able to work a 10 hour shift
In the event of downtime, work in other areas as directed by your supervisor
Must have good communication skills and comfortable working with all team members
Document, review and maintain blending paperwork as required in a timely manner
The ability to effectively comprehend, communicate and calculate in English is required
The ability to effectively comprehend, communicate and calculate in English & Spanish is highly preferred
59929BR Reporting Location:
Supply North America State/Province:
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
Come join our team to help start-up our brand new brewery, packaging and warehousing site! We are looking for Processing Team Members to support our maturing and processing operations at our new site.
WHY IS THE ROLE IMPORTANT: Processing Operators are highly trained and skilled with the ability to operate in all areas, facilitating a highly flexible workforce structured to support the business needs. KEY OUTPUTS: •Willingness to learn all operating tasks as defined by the Training Program. •Assist with education and training of permanent and/or temporary replacements. •Knowledge of the various products to be barreled and processed. • Processing Team Members complete applicable SAP transactions for ingredient and bulk liquid moves throughout the system including unloading/receiving, process orders, inventories and shipments. •Inspect, open, approve and unload containers of bulk products. •Proof, gauge, and record receipt of incoming containers. • Knowledge of hydrostatic tank gauges (HTG) to maintain these inventories.
Determining tank volumes in scale and volumetric tanks. •Filtration of various products as needed. Empty filters and clean as necessary. •Manage logs as required by MDE (Maryland Department of Environment) and TTB (Tax and Trade Bureau). •Addition of ingredients to various products either by hand or automated systems in compliance with company formulas. •Initiating and completing records of bulk tanks, ingredients and barrel inventories for cycle counts. • Perform In-Process QA Checks including proof, color and clarity. Pull and test QA Samples in Quality Lab for final approval. •Compliance with Spill Prevention and Escalation Procedure. •Unload empty barrels manually or by use of mechanical equipment to barrel filling line. •Fill and empty barrels of product utilizing lances and electronic controls. •Operate forklift as needed. •Ability to support barrel warehousing activities including stacking full barrel pallets 4 high. •Participate with the site safety team and SIRC program. •Exhibit a positive attitude and work with co-workers in a team based environment to achieve production goals. • Support programs to prevent accidents, prevent spills, eliminate waste in production, recycle, improve production, conserve materials and supplies, improve quality, demonstrate good manufacturing practice, and uphold Diageo values, code of conduct, policies, procedures and terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. •Ability to clearly communicate with team members especially during high risk operations such as movement of barrels. • Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and Daily Sanitation Schedule, and follow general housekeeping and rules for Food Safety Regulations. This includes maintaining 5S requirements in the work area. •Update MMS boards where necessary. •Perform other work as deemed as necessary by management.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR: An engaged individual who is willing to work as a team in all areas of the Processing Department. Candidates must exhibit a continuous improvement mind set and behaviours, and must also demonstrate behaviours of professionalism, teamwork and leadership.
Forklift safety and certification or experience in the operation of a powered industrial truck.
Able to distinguish the difference in numeric and alphabetic sequences.
Material handing experience.
Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel – Experience in SAP is a plus.
Excellent communication skills.
Must be at least 21 years of age. To all recruitment agencies:
Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
External Job Title: Blending Operator Town/City:
Halethorpe EEOC Statement (Only for US Users. For other markets, please leave blank): Diageo is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment.
Diageo does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, Protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. Diageo also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.
The Blending Manager is responsible for all facets of fluid processing for the company's blending, lab, and tank farm operations at the assigned facility. The individual in this position will manage both people and operations, and will require development of policies and procedures to ensure team members are performing the necessary duties to maintain and improve operations.Some duties will include:
- Efficiently manage the company's blending, lab, and tank farm operations at the assigned facility. Depending on the facility, this may include loading and off-loading of railcars and/or barges and ensuring compliance with Coast Guard regulations.
*Ensure all tank farm and storm-water inspections are completed on the scheduled basis. Responsible for organizing preventative maintenance with the Maintenance Department.
*Manage raw material input and finished product output requirements, working with other departments to coordinate company needs.
*Maintain safety and security of plant by participating in the emergency first responder's team.
*Collaborate with other departments to establish blending schedules and manage tank availability and movement of fluids for optimal storage efficiencies. Review the production schedule and manage the placement of fluids in corresponding tanks as to not cause conflict with packaging lines.We require:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, engineering or related field and at least 3 years' related work experience required, or a combination of related work experience and college course work.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Setup the machines according to batch record parameters
- Verify that has all the items necessary for production
- Visually verify that the ingredients are in conformance with standards
- Feed the equipment with amount of product according to batch record
- Must know how to start machines to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times as per the batch record
- Feed the machines following safety standards
- Organization and cleanliness of rooms; performs A and B type cleaning
- Follow all safety rules when moving materials
- Follow GMPs when performing the process
- Follow all SOPs related to the area assigned
- High School Degree
- Forklift certification (a plus)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift and handle heavy material using equipment
- Must be able to work from 4:30pm to 3:00am Monday through Thursday.
Requires frequent standing and bending. Lifting up to 25 kg (55 Ibs). Push or roll with assistance 50- to 100 kg drums with powder. Ability to use ladders.
Typical Work Conditions:
Person will be subject to food and nutritional bulk ingredients, which may affect the respiratory system or the skin, including an environment subject to odors, dust or airborne allergens.
Person will be working in a dry and low moisture environment
Person will be exposed to normal work hazards, including a variety of physical conditions such as a proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Exposure to noise.
Arnet Pharmaceutical is housed in a 85,000 sq. ft., all air conditioned, space in Davie Florida with 300 employees. Our facility includes offices, laboratory, manufacturing and warehouse areas and includes separate rooms for our production machinery. Arnet's extensive line of products includes a complete range of vitamins, minerals amino acids and herbal supplements. Arnet also has the capability to do: Tablets, Capsules, Powders and Chewable.
Over the years, Arnet Pharmaceutical has led the nutritional supplement industry in price, quality and innovation. We have built lasting and profitable relationships with our private label customers. Arnet Pharmaceutical is a modern, efficient, full service private label contract manufacturer of nutritional supplements, vitamins, minerals, herbal products, specialty products and diet aids.
We provide you with only the highest quality products from the finest ingredients. All formulas are manufactured under the guidelines of:
- United States Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.)
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (c.G.M.P.)
- Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.)
- Disintegration, potency and dissolution are guaranteed
- FDA Registered Facility and Label-er code for Customers
Our commitment to quality assures you that our customers will be provided with the most effective formulations produced under strict quality control standards. Our guarantee is that Arnet Pharmaceutical will always stand behind its products.
Arnet provides Certificates of Analysis for each batch number. We also provide Hallal and Kosher certificates if requested by the customer.
Blending Machine Operator
Blending/Sifting Operators are needed for a large pharmaceutical company.
· Must have pharmaceutical or manufacturing background
· Must have prior experience with Blenders (V Blender or Ribbon Blender etc.)
· Clean and/or disassemble the Blenders after process is completed
· Keep accurate paperwork
· Follow company policies, SOP’s and Good Manufacturing Practices
· Must be able to lift or move 50 pounds and sometimes may need to lift up to 75 pounds.
· Have to pass random Drug and Alcohol screening and background check.
· Dependable work record and clean driver’s license
Contract to hire position
Compounder - Batch Operator, Mixer, Compounding, Blending
If you are a Compounder with product mixing, ingredient mixing, and/or batch processing experience, please read on What You Will Be Doing Some of what you will be responsible for, on a daily basis, will include: •Skillfully mix and compound ingredients according to established formulas and procedures •Precisely weigh, measure and feed raw materials into a batch •Follow good manufacturing guidelines •Monitor equipment and observe production throughout the batch process. •Safely operate forklift and pallet jacks to gather raw materials •Clean, sanitize and inspect tools, pumps, tanks, pipelines and other equipment. •Deliver finished batches to filling lines via pipeline or
Assistant Blending Lead Operator - A Shift
The Assistant Lead Blending Operator supports the daily operations of the blending room, provides training and guidance to blending operators, ensures proper procedures are followed to meet assigned targets, and maintains safety and quality of products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate Assembly line machinery and follow proper guidelines;
- Follow proper sanitation and safety guidelines;
- Conduct basic problem solving of production tasks;
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and GMPs;
- Follow detailed instructions to perform daily tasks;
- Complete production paperwork in accordance with GMP standards;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned;
- Perform setup and scale calibration;
- Provide direction and encouragement to staff;
- Assign staff to rooms and tasks, and monitor staff performance;
- Assign staff to rooms and tasks, and monitor staff performance;
- Be familiar with company policies (such as SOPs) to complete all assignments;
- Provide required training to staff;
- Work on production line prepping product and packaging.
Requirements and Skills
- High school education or equivalent;
- 0 -1 year of experience in a manufacturing production line facility;
- Basic mathematical, problem solving and communication skills;
- Familiarity with company policies to complete all assignments;
- Must possess a sense of urgency, accountability, professionalism, self-motivation;
- Ability to work within and help promote a team environment;
- Ability to receive and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to stand for extended hours;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Must be able to wear all the required PPE including, but not limited to face mask, goggles, scrubs and hair net;
- Ability to work in a packaging area with a moderate powder substance in the air with or without a respirator;
- Other physical requirements include bi-lateral hand and wrist movement as well as moderate squatting, bending, and twisting;
- Subject to high noise levels where hearing protection may be required;
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule as business needs require;
- Ability to work on an elevated platform with a safety harness.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Armada Nutrition is committed to providing a positive and engaging work environment. We operate in a climate controlled, 337,000 square foot, state of the art warehouse. We offer a comprehensive benefit package along with annual bonuses.
Blending Operator Lg3/Union/3Rd Shift, Tuesday – Saturday, 10:45Pm – 7:15Am
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Description: To perform duties in the manufacturer of high quality biological products. As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
Prepare all assigned records, calculations, and documentation.
Read and follow schedules, procedures, and documents.
Assist in training other employees in an area of responsibility as assigned.
Assist staff in developing new procedures and methods or improving old ones.
Use and understand computer assisted data entry, and process logic controllers (PLCs) including SAP.
Assist lower labor grades as needed to insure the completion ofdaily tasks.
Perform aseptic processes.
Operate, monitor, and maintain all production equipment such as, but not limited to, blend tanks, shelf freezer, tubing welder, tubing fuser, and process logic controllers.
Perform scheduled preventative maintenance.
Other duties as assigned
Assist higher Grade operators under supervision
Required to perform work of a lower classification as needed.
All personnel will be required to routinely go through an aseptic qualification program to ensure adequate aseptic techniques and behavior.
+ Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to train others. +
Perform calculations and conversions involving weights, volumes, and percentages.
Ability to use basic logic to identify and solve problems
Knowledge and skill to recognize creative ideas that add value and are able to be implemented to improve efficiency, effectiveness and reduce complexity for department
Demonstrated understanding of systems, equipment, and processes
Experience with Windows Operating System.
Comprehension and application
Proficient reading, comprehension and application skills toward a diverse set complicated tasks.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
Additional Education and/or Equivalent Experience
Successful completion of National Career Readiness Work Keys assessment
Knowledge of Hazardous Waste Handling
Knowledge of Decontamination and Sterilization
Knowledge of Traffic Patterns
Knowledge of or evidence of working with BPE methods
Understanding of Basic GMP/Documentation practices
Demonstrated ability and understanding of Safe working habits and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Understanding of Basic Laboratory Practices, Measurements, Biology and Microbiology
Understanding of operating in an aseptic environment
Ability to work in a team environment
Demonstrated knowledge of Federal, State, and International regulations, such as cGMP, USDA, DOT, EPA, OSHA as they pertain to the employee’s work.
Demonstrated knowledge of Corporate guidelines and Policies related to the employee’s work.
Shall have an adequate knowledge of Drug and Chemical names, and be able to distinguish between similar names, physical appearance and precautions in handling.
Must be able to proceed independently in product processing in accordance with standard methods, standard operating procedures, and Manufacturing Directions, using proper aseptic techniques.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Our Culture: Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Person with a Disability Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Title:Blending Operator LG3/Union/3rd shift, Tuesday – Saturday, 10:45pm – 7:15am
Location:Americas-United States-MO-Saint Joseph
Granulation And Blending Operator
Duration: Possible Temp to Perm
Client Location: Fortune 500 Pharma Company in Dayton, NJ
Work Schedule: Third Shift
Benefits: ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
It is the operator's responsibility to ensure that the equipments used for e.g. Mechanical Sifter, Granulator, Fluid Bed Dryer, Fitz Mill, and blenders are clean and set up properly. It is operator's responsibility to perform visual and physical checks of in-process and finished materials as per procedure of Production Batch Record.
- Clean and/or disassemble the equipment e.g. Mechanical Sifter, Granulator, Fluid Bed Dryer, Fitz Mill, Blender after the completion of product run as per SOP.
- Clean manufacturing room after the completion of product run as per SOP.
- Set up the equipments as per Sop's, and as per specifications in Production Batch Record.
- Maintain the equipments in good working order, inspect equipments for wear and tear, and have any worn or evaluate malfunctioning parts and report to Production Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintain equipment parts and supplies in proper condition.
- Make any machine adjustments necessary during the batch run as required.
- Document all set up and cleaning in the log book and other pertinent paperwork.
- Visually inspect equipments as it is running to verify the machine is running within normal and safe operation.
- Take in process measurements of during the product run, and document these measurements in Production Batch Record.
- Keep the equipments and room clean during the production.
- Make sure all paperwork is complete and accurate throughout and after production.
- Keep accurate records of equipment usage and inspections.
- Perform any and all additional tasks relating to the operation of the manufacturing department as requested.
- Follow company policies, cGMP's and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Physical Work Activities and Exposure:
- Work is regularly performed inside in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to dust, odor, noise, and fumes.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent sitting, talking, or hearing.
- Use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects or controls.
- Walk short distances. Clean and/or disassemble the equipments after the completion of sifting, granulation, drying and milling, blending activities.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent (we have to list both, since they are equivalent)
- Prefer minimum one (1) year of work experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- A demonstrated ability to follow written instructions precisely and perform basic math calculations is required.
- Should have an understanding/knowledge of cGMP, safety criteria or the ability to learn.
Candidates must complete background and drug screenings before starting any assignment.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
One of the unique aspects of On-Board is our ability to customize solutions with each of the complimentary business verticals to satisfy our partners goals including Total Solutions.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!