Blindstitch Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator I - Processing 1St Shift
Offline Machine Operator
The Hut Group (THG.com) is one of the world’s fastest growing eCommerce companies, utilizing our proprietary technology platform to successfully manage 140 global websites, intensely focused on the Sports Nutrition & Beauty markets with internationally recognized websites such as Myprotein.com, Idealshape.com, Idealfit.com, Skinstore.com, Glossybox.com and Popinabox.com just to name a few.
Founded & headquartered in the United Kingdom, THG now has global operations in the U.S. and Europe, as well as is expanding into Asia and Australia. As we soon complete our second year of operations in our new Shepherdsville, KY climate controlled manufacturing and fulfillment facility, further aggressive U.S. expansion plans are already underway for the upcoming year.
Under the directions of the Production Supervisor the Machine Operator is responsible to ensure proper set up of machinery and making sure machines are running properly and producing needed adjustments. The Machine Operator must report any malfunctions and possibly fix them.
- Arrange machine at the beginning of work procedures to ensure that everything is in order.
- Test the machine before main work begins to be sure that it’s in good condition for production.
- Clean up machine parts after every work procedure.
- Set all machines for daily operations.
- Insert all production materials in the various parts of the machine where they are supposed to be to enhance production output.
- Ensure that machines are calibrated and recalibrated before and after production procedures.
- Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults.
- Strictly adhere to job specification and ensure good quality work.
- Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production.
- Report to Team Lead and/or Production Supervisor regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progress using RedZone on iPad at each work station.
- Perform Quality checks/work with and report any food safety & quality issues.
- Machine operator experience required
- Operational understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Physically must be able to stand of long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of fifty pounds.
- Reach truck experience.
- Food Manufacturing
- Strong attention to detail.
Very competitive Benefits Package:
- 90% Company paid premiums for Medical & Dental benefits
- Voluntary Life & AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off, up to 150 hours per year
- 9 paid holidays
- Your birthday off, paid after 1 year of service.
- 401K with up to 4% company match. 100% vested from day one
- Employee discounts on our websites
- Employee Referral bonus program up to $100 per referral
- Climate Controlled work Environment
- Excellent growth & advancement opportunities
- Short 20-minute commute from Louisville and Elizabethtown
Machine Operator (P15264, Pos8286)
Responsibilities of a Coater Operator is to run the coating line safely, efficiently and accurately to produce material per customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem from time to time.
Experience as a Machine Operator.
- Knowledge of Production Procedures.
- Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals.
- knowledge of measurements, trouble shooting.
- Attention to Detail
- Physical Stamina and Strength.
- must have basic math skills
- must be able to read and write in English.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to work various shifts.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical skills
- Standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, climbing, lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Health Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Inserting Machine Operator
Machine Operator I
Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Machine Operator (P13989)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!