Block Breaker Operator Job Description Sample
Block Machine Operator / Supervisor
We are seeking a Block Machine Operator / Supervisor to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Breaker Shop Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: The Shop Supervisor is to help assess resource needs as they relate to the current production requirements, ensure availability of manpower and equipment and provide supervision and leadership in regard to shop services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Â Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assesses job specific manpower needs and coordinates assignments with technicians. Ensures core technical requirements for each job are clearly understood and technicians are appropriately assigned to projects by matching their knowledge, skill, and abilities to project specifications.
2. Actively communicates with other department to assure activities are properly coordinated. Receives technician reports and verify completeness of test sheets and labor/material summary sheets. Support I&A and shop estimate communication to sales and estimating teams as needed.
3. Identifies suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Proactively follows up and resolves issues regarding material and equipment availability and delivery times.
4. Provide updates for master technician schedule
5. Responsible for maintenance of master lists for equipment and special tools as well as preventive maintenance and calibration schedules.
6. Maintains job folders and verifies that all required documentation is up to date and ensures adherence to process discipline
7. Helps ensure shop area is clean and organized for efficiency
8. Contains material costs by eliminating wasteful practices and implementing appropriate control measures. Makes recommendations regarding material and resource procurement to complete assigned projects.
9. Oversee documentation/receipt of all incoming equipment
10. Participate in conducting regular reviews for Shop Personnel
11. Maintain an organized, clean Receiving Area, Counter and Shop Facilities
12. Advise Inventory Specialist regarding Shop supplies, tools and equipment
13. Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for each Supervisory task
14. Perform shop work as needed
15. Oversee turnaround on test report completion
16. Develop, implement and hold accountable for processes, procedures and quality standards
17. Collaborate with sales and quotations group to support estimates for proposals
18. Drive collaboration and sharing of resources with other locations
19. Oversee large project (PEG) shop staffing and support
Additional duties as requested commensurate with successful administration of quoting and order activity.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors which contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Adaptability: Shows resilience in the face of changing circumstances and shifting priorities; works well under stress and pressure and is not easily discouraged. Does not become defensive when receiving feedback from others, but instead uses feedback as a tool to do a better job.
2. Coaching: Monitors day to day work performance of employees and provides guidance in improving current job performance. Gives employees feedback that is specific and behavioral rather than judgmental.
3. Collaboration: Works effectively with others at all levels in the organization in order to achieve meaningful results; is patient and cool headed; communicates a willingness to consider the suggestions and ideas of others.
4. Customer Satisfaction: Responds to customer needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, courteous and diplomatic manner; negotiates "win-win" outcomes.
5. Dedication: Sets high personal standards and places job accomplishment high on the priority list; takes the initiative regarding job functions and responsibilities; able to stick to a task or pursue a goal over the long-term.
6. Organizing and Planning: Juggles multiple priorities and properly identifies issues requiring immediate attention from those that are less urgent.
7. Team Builder: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views and able to is build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Puts success of team above own interests and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is considered to have moderate physical demands that requires the incumbent to communicate orally, write, hear at a conversational level, and operate a fork lift and operate noncommercial motor vehicles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required (25-75% time on job) to stand and walk throughout the workday and occasionally (up to 25% time on job) sit at a desk or workstation. On rare occasions (no more than 5% time on job) the employee will be required to stoop, kneel crawl and climb ladders up to 3-4'.
On occasion (up to 25% time on job) the employee will be required to pull wheel mounted breakers weighing 300-400 lbs. up to 30-40' and be required to carry up to 40 lbs. a distance of 50'
Circuit Breaker Mechanic
The Circuit Breaker Mechanic will repair, rebuild, and trouble shoot Molded Case and Insulated Case circuit breakers. Following all safety rules and best practices the candidate will report to the Production Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Troubleshoot and mechanically test low voltage circuit breakers; may consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams in order to complete task.
· Prepare reports, maintain quality records, calibration records, and charts, as required.
· Visually check components and assemblies for electrical and mechanical defects. Devise remedies to correct defects to ensure equipment is in good working order.
· Retrofit circuit breakers with aftermarket trip devices
· Work closely with the Testing Technicians to help diagnose out of spec test results.
· Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
· Observe all safety rules and Best Practices.
· Follow all company policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other departments to provide a quality and seamless operation.
· Assist customers and sales team in field related services.
· Other duties assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Ability to read and understand shop manuals, schematics, parts lists, and additional technical materials for troubleshooting mechanical equipment.
· Stand, walk, stoop, and squat in daily activities
· Knowledge of mechanical and electrical operation of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Circuit breakers, all manufacturers;
· Experience with the following test procedures: Insulation Resistance Test, Primary and Secondary Injection, Contact/pole resistance, Mechanical Operation of breakers, and related equipment.
· Experience with testing current transformers, potential transformers.
· Knowledge of NETA, PEARL, and ANSI Standards for testing Electrical Power Equipment such as Circuit Breakers, Switches, Bus Plugs, etc.
· Strong Mechanical ability, good organizational skills, good work habits with a proactive work ethic in a team environment
· Familiarity with control circuitry.
· Knowledge of electrical safety procedures for working in medium and low voltage switchgear.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in a repair/recondition of industrial or capital electrical equipment segment
Education: High school Diploma
Functions: Testing and field services
Location: San Jose, CA
Industries: Light Manufacturing / repair/ overhaul/ Field Services and electrical installations
Physical Demands: Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs., and occasionally push up to 200 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment
Sponsorship: Not available for this position.
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Service is our product
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress : Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Block Machine Operator
This is a Night Shift position and oversees the daily shift production of concrete block products with a focus on block machine operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Tends automatic machine that casts concrete blocks
· Controls mix formulae as directed
· Performs adjustments and preventive maintenance on equipment
· Operates and cleans block machine daily
· Rebuilds mold boxes and other wearing parts
· Keeps safety devices in place and functioning properly
· Observes all safety/environmental rules and regulations
· Acts as superintendent (manager) or shift lead as required
· Maintains inventory control as required
· Assists other personnel as required
· Moves block and block racks via forklift
· Operates forklift and front end loader
· Must be able to work in a heavy industrial production environment, exposed to weather elements, noise, vibrations, dust and temperature extremes
· Must be able to follow and perform confined spaces and fall protections procedures
· Must be able to wear all required personal protection equipment for the task, including (but not exclusive) safety glasses, hardhat, hearing protection, reqpiratory protection, safety belts, gloves, fall harness, etc
· Must be able to perform heavy work and heavy lifting, with frequent lifting up to 50 pounds and infrequent lifting of up to 100 pounds
· Standing for prolonged periods, walking, reaching, lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushjing, pulling, climbing stairs and ladders, working at high elevations, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
High school diploma or equivalent; completion of diesel mechanic school preferred
· Experience: Two (2)+ years’ experience in the construction/mining/concrete industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be able to read, write, calculate and understand written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions, including instructions, manuals, rules, regulations, etc.
· Must be certified to operate a forklift
· Must be certified to operate a front end loader
· Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
· Must be able to safely perform job on and around machinery that could cause bodily harm
This position requires knowledge and awareness of construction and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Some weekend work required.
We support our customers' drive for sustainable building solutions with eco-friendly concrete products and expertise on requirements for LEED certification of buildings using concrete construction.
We are amongst the largest ready-mixed concrete producers in the United States, with a capacity of nearly 10 million cubic meters per year. We have over 300 concrete plants concentrated in two geographic areas. In the southeastern part of the U.S., we operate in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and portions of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Virginia. In the south central part of the U.S., we have operations in the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth markets in Texas and Little Rock, Arkansas.
We are also one of the largest cement producer in the southeastern U.S., producing 3.2 million metric tons of cement per year with facilities in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, and North Carolina. Argos has five rail terminals (three in Georgia, one in Mississippi, one in North Carolina); and terminals with port facilities in Mobile, Alabama; Houston, Texas and Wilmington, North Carolina.
Block Machine Operator
We are seeking a Block Machine Operator in Joplin, Missouri. You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule, or templates.
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction.
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance, assuring product meets quality requirements
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Assist other Operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Stable work history
- Great work ethic
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical skills for minor machine repairs
The Onin Group is a Birmingham-based, privately held group of companies focused on people. Our core business is staffing, where we are among the top two percent of domestic staffing companies in sales volume and rank as one of SIA's fastest growing largest staffing firms year after year. Onin Staffing is ranked #17 on SIA's list of Largest Industrial Staffing Firms in the US.
Circuit Breaker And Switchgear Test Technician
Circuit Breaker and Switchgear Test Technician
L3 SPD Electrical Systems located in Northeast Philadelphia is currently looking for a Test Technician . This position requires an Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics or a Technical Trade School formal certification or equivalent.
Conduct various regular and special electrical tests on all types of circuit breakers, switchgear and associated components.
Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, to confirm the integrity of product operations, identifying root cause for discrepancies and performance failures.
Set up and use test boards and instruments including ammeter, voltmeter, wattmeter, oscilloscope, ohmmeter, and other similar metering and recording apparatus.
Make necessary connections; operate breakers, switchgear and use low and high voltage equipment to test resistance, heat and dielectric factors, load, timing, and similar performance characteristics.
Will also be required to utilize personal computer and/or computerized technology such as in testing product and/or related recordkeeping.
Verify completeness, location and proper functioning of all instruments, meters and other components.
Check equipment and interpret proper electrical-mechanical clearances.
Conduct special tests under direction of engineering personnel.
Conduct final tests on regular line breakers and test special or rarely encountered breakers following established practices.
Make necessary calculations.
Read and interpret complex drawings, schematic diagrams, specification sheets, performance charts, test standards and other procedures.
Check function of controls, relays, indicators, and other electrical features and make adjustments as necessary.
Check and adjust calibration.
Reject defective breakers and switchgear; prepare and test reports and keep required records.
Troubleshoot circuit breakers, switchgear and other related components to the sub-assembly and/or root-cause level.
Work with and instruct testers and other assembly personnel to insure that preliminary and routine tests are carried out correctly; verify changes and explain new procedures. Occasionally make up or repair test boards.
Qualifications Under general guidance of supervisor, perform a variety of complex operations to test the electrical and mechanical characteristics of circuit breakers and switchgear, and all related parts and assemblies. Education/Work Experience : This position requires an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics; or Technical Trade School formal certification or equivalent. This is a bargaining-unit represented position, therefore, salary offered is in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Starting rate is $20.89/hour with room for increase after successful completion of a 90-day probationary period.
Test And Inspection
Primary Location USA-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
US Security Clearance Required:
Shift: Day - 1st
Organization: Division - SPD Electrical-20000070
Dec 13, 2017, 2:48:01 PM
Req ID: 094614
Bale Breaker easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$12 - $12.50 per hour
date posted:Monday, January 8, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:firstname.lastname@example.org easy apply
apply with indeed
description Leading plastic recycling company in the Triad area looking for experienced forklift operators! -Maintain a constant flow of materials to the bale breaker
Operate sit down forklift to retrieve bales from assigned locations
Remove excess waste, including wires or bands
Keep and record accurate records of all bales processed
- Keep work areas clean Working hours: 7pm-7am
Must be able to pass a lab drug screen - Can work in a recycling environment -high school diploma or GED Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$12 - $12.50 per hour
date posted:Monday, January 8, 2018
Restaurant Team Member - Crew (1651 - Univ Of Nebraska - Block 38)
Restaurant Team Member
Crew (1651 - Univ of Nebraska
Block 38) (18002198) Description At Chipotle, we’ve created something special: a better place to eat and work. Many employees start just expecting a paycheck, but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training and a clear career path – over 80% of our managers got promoted from Crew. What’s in it for you:
Tuition assistance (up to $5,250 a year)
Free food (yes, really FREE)
Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for everyone)
Paid time off
Full time and part time opportunities
Opportunities for advancement (80% of managers started as crew)
Customized college degree programs that can be completed in as little as 18 months, for as low as $250 a year* * Competitive compensation, including stock and company car allowance for our highest-performing managers (Restaurateurs) What we’re looking for: * Someone with a friendly, enthusiastic attitude
Someone that loves to help and serve others (both customers and team members)
Someone ready to learn how to cook (a lot) We prepare real food by hand every day in our restaurants. No freezers, microwaves or can openers to be found. We welcome experienced restaurant professionals and novices alike. We’ll provide the training you need to feel confident working at any station – grill, cashier, prep, salsa and expo. We take pride in our exceptional customer service and it’s up to each of our team members to create the friendly atmosphere that our customers expect and enjoy. So, whether you have experience as a dishwasher, cashier, server, host, bartender, cook, prep cook, FOH/BOH or no experience at all, we’re always looking for passionate and enthusiastic people to join our team. At Chipotle, you’ll be part of a team that is working to cultivate nourished communities where wholesome food is enjoyed every day. If that sounds like something you would like to be a part of, apply today. Requirements (the fine print): * You have to be at least 16 years old to work at Chipotle
You need to be able to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
Receive up to $5,250 from Chipotle in tuition assistance and up to $5,185 in federal grants each year. Combined with up to 44 earned credit hours from on-the-job training at Chipotle, you could earn your degree for as little as $250 a year. Primary Location: Nebraska
1651 - Univ of Nebraska
Block 38-(01651) Work Location: 1651 - Univ of Nebraska
Block 38-(01651) 1317 Q St, Ste 100 Lincoln 68508
Auto Auction Block Clerk
ADESA is located in Hoffman Estates, IL
Friday only position! EXCITING opportunity in the auto auction industry. A block clerk sits on the Auction Block next to the auctioneer!
Reporting to the General Manager or designated manager, enter sale information for face-to-face and/or on-line LiveBlock transactions (including price, bid badge number and announcements) in accordance with corporate guidelines ensuring efficient and accurate information is transferred into the appropriate computer system. Make corrections on the appropriate form when a mistake is made. Perform all duties assigned by the General Manager or designated manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Provide prompt and courteous service:
A. Demonstrate friendliness and greet every person with whom they come in contact.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and work area consistent with the Handbook.
Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes.
Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the General Manager or designated manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
Enter the announcements, the sale of the car and the buyer information into the computer system. Ensure accurate recording of sale price and buyer information for the vehicles.
Enter sale data into the LiveBlock system as requested. Upon entering this information, listen closely to the Auctioneer and rapidly enter the increasing amounts of the incoming bids.
Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Maintain a good flow of communication with the all auction personnel.
Monitor all working area conditions and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Advise Facilities of all breakdown and maintenance needs immediately.
Make sure all area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately to the General Manager or designated manager.
Educational Requirements or
High School Diploma or GED preferred. One (1) year of clerical experience with basic computer skills and data entry skills required. Must have excellent typing skills and the ability to multitask.
The physical activity requirements of the position are Light to Medium Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
Constant – standing, watching, touching or fingering, listening, talking, reaching
Frequent – walking, feeling, grasping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting
Occasional – climbing, balancing, crawling
Potential – running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical, mechanical equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with car exhaust, internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Prestige Sales Manager-The Block Northway-Pittsburgh, PA
The Prestige Sales Manager (PSM) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth within the prestige category (high-end beauty including color cosmetics, skincare, and fragrance). The PSM leads a team of Prestige Beauty Advisors and Boutique Leads and is accountable for all aspects of the prestige business, including sales, service, and operational process. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales and in-store events), people (guest service and associate training), and process (operating procedures and compliance standards). This position requires a drive for results, a passion for the beauty industry, exceptional guest service, and the aptitude to learn and teach extensive product knowledge.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions) The PSM is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
Performance * Meet or exceed goals related to prestige category sales, service, and operational excellence.
Plan and execute in-store events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience while delivering on sales and payroll goals.
Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service and driving guest loyalty.
Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
People * Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
Train, coach, and develop associates using company programs, tools, and resources.
Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
Establish professional peer and brand partner relationships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on sales and service goals.
Promote a culture of service excellence amongst the leadership team by sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support.
Process * Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to adjust schedules and manage attendance in-the-moment during manager-on-duty shifts to ensure accurate schedules and reporting.
Use the company’s task management tool as directed to prioritize and execute store workload, including product and marketing resets, pricing updates, inventory related tasks, cleaning, and replenishment.
Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.
Education * Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Experience * 2-3+ years of fast-paced, retail management, or other relevant work experience * _Financial management:_success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense * _Retail management:_proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture, and executing merchandising directives * _Leadership management:_experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
Skills * Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices) * Excellent written and verbal communication
Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS * Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings (may require overnight travel)
WORKING CONDITIONS * Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis LI-DNP
Date Posted:* 1/12/2018 Address: Store 1177 - 6240 Northway Drive
Category:* Retail Management
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!