Block Press Operator Job Description Sample
Brake Press Operator Or Punch Press Operator
Break press operator or punch press operator
metal fabrication machine shop
Us citizen or green card
High school diploma or GED is require
first-SHIFT (6am- 2:30 PM)
overtime as needed
Location: North Hollywood, California
(818) area code
salary: $17-18 per hour
direct hire with benefits - health insurance and 401K
Work 22, a Los Angeles, Ca.-based employment agency, recruites candidates for both direct hire and temp to hire Southern California jobs and nationwide searches in the following fields: manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, warehouse, and office. This is a free service for job seekers.
Block Machine Operator
This is a Night Shift position and oversees the daily shift production of concrete block products with a focus on block machine operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Tends automatic machine that casts concrete blocks
· Controls mix formulae as directed
· Performs adjustments and preventive maintenance on equipment
· Operates and cleans block machine daily
· Rebuilds mold boxes and other wearing parts
· Keeps safety devices in place and functioning properly
· Observes all safety/environmental rules and regulations
· Acts as superintendent (manager) or shift lead as required
· Maintains inventory control as required
· Assists other personnel as required
· Moves block and block racks via forklift
· Operates forklift and front end loader
· Must be able to work in a heavy industrial production environment, exposed to weather elements, noise, vibrations, dust and temperature extremes
· Must be able to follow and perform confined spaces and fall protections procedures
· Must be able to wear all required personal protection equipment for the task, including (but not exclusive) safety glasses, hardhat, hearing protection, reqpiratory protection, safety belts, gloves, fall harness, etc
· Must be able to perform heavy work and heavy lifting, with frequent lifting up to 50 pounds and infrequent lifting of up to 100 pounds
· Standing for prolonged periods, walking, reaching, lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushjing, pulling, climbing stairs and ladders, working at high elevations, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
High school diploma or equivalent; completion of diesel mechanic school preferred
· Experience: Two (2)+ years’ experience in the construction/mining/concrete industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be able to read, write, calculate and understand written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions, including instructions, manuals, rules, regulations, etc.
· Must be certified to operate a forklift
· Must be certified to operate a front end loader
· Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
· Must be able to safely perform job on and around machinery that could cause bodily harm
This position requires knowledge and awareness of construction and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Some weekend work required.
We support our customers' drive for sustainable building solutions with eco-friendly concrete products and expertise on requirements for LEED certification of buildings using concrete construction.
We are amongst the largest ready-mixed concrete producers in the United States, with a capacity of nearly 10 million cubic meters per year. We have over 300 concrete plants concentrated in two geographic areas. In the southeastern part of the U.S., we operate in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and portions of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Virginia. In the south central part of the U.S., we have operations in the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth markets in Texas and Little Rock, Arkansas.
We are also one of the largest cement producer in the southeastern U.S., producing 3.2 million metric tons of cement per year with facilities in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, and North Carolina. Argos has five rail terminals (three in Georgia, one in Mississippi, one in North Carolina); and terminals with port facilities in Mobile, Alabama; Houston, Texas and Wilmington, North Carolina.
Digital Press Operator - HP Indigo Press Operator -
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* KEEN EYE TO DETAIL IS A MUST!
* Prepares and produces orders on Indigo print press.
* Ensures Indigo printed color matches
* intended color; makes correct press adjustments and/or communicates to prepress what adjustments are required to successfully match colors to samples as needed.
* Assesses multiple proofing options and compares with Indigo printing results.
* Trouble-shoots challenging orders/projects.
* Interacts with, die-cutters, prepress, rewinders, folder gluers, and planners.
* Follows published schedule.
* Maintains equipment, cleanliness and organization of department.
* Understands and prepares paperwork related to order/project.
* Lifts and maneuvers product weighing as much as 75 pounds.
* Logs in and out of shift – documenting the Indigo impression meter count each day.
* Moves stock/substrates to and from Indigo presses.
* Contacts HP for assistance when appropriate.
* Coats printed product to meet customer requirements as needed.
* Performs other job duties as assigned.
* Must pass Indigo qualification test and annual recertification test.
* Must demonstrate understanding of department and company documentation, including policies and procedures.
* Must demonstrate understanding of material options and their impact on results.
* Must demonstrate understanding department workflow and production methods.
* Must demonstrate ability to perform the preventive maintenance required on Indigo press.
* Must be able to perform arithmetic including fractions, ratios, and decimals.
* Must be able to troubleshoot machine mechanical issues.
* Must demonstrate understanding of color relationships (theory).
* Must be proficient in use of GMAIL, Word, and Excel software.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and clients.
* Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor focusing on desired outcomes during challenging and stressful periods and projects
* Must demonstrate a proactive, creative approach to projects and the potential difficulties they may present.
* Must be dependable and consistent.
* Must demonstrate understanding of and follow safety, maintenance, and quality procedures.
* Must possess the organizational skills necessary to process documentation accurately.
* Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
* Must be able to maintain good attendance.
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Turret Set Up / Operator Brake Or Press Set Up / Operator
- Setup/program CNC turret OR brake press to perform operations in appropriate order to machine parts to specifications following routings, job tickets and blueprints.
- Operate turret or brake presses to form, bend, punch and notch.
- Inspect/check product in accordance with procedures using gauges and measuring tools to ensure print specifications and quality standards are maintained.
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork on inspection and operations (job tickets, scrap and daily production records etc).
- Stack and move material as required.
- Make adjustments to machines to maintain dimensional specifications and rework parts as necessary.
- Replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safe operations (machine guarding, proper operation of machinery for safe operation, etc.).
- Train and assist operator as needed on difficult jobs or unusual work instructions and to adjust or re-set work.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on all performance evaluations.
- Participate in activities to improve overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge and
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must possess reading/writing and communicate in English.
- Use micrometers, depth gauges, verniers, layout tools and various hand tools.
- Shop Math.
- Ability to stand and/or walk and use hands 100% of the workday.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and/or twist 50% of the workday.
- Ability to exert physical force to push, pull, lift, and/or carry 50 pounds occasionally.
Entry Level Machine Operator & Experienced Press Operator First Shift
Looking for entry level machine operators to be trained on a slitting machine. There is room for growth and long term opportunities with this position. Looking for someone with good mechanical/industrial inclination! Training will be in Murfreesboro, then job will be in Smyrna. See below for the job details.
Slitting Machine Operator: $11.00 7:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Operates machine to slit continuous lengths of material such as steel, into strips of specified width: Spaces rotary blades on machine shaft, according to width specified for strips, and turns setscrew to secure blades in position, using allen wrench.
- Mounts roll or bolt of material on machine supports and threads material over tension bar, between feed rollers, and under rotary blades.
- Laps ends of slit material around takeup tubes I
- Starts machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding.
- Moves levers to stop, start, and regulate speed of machine and to align material with rotary blades
- Disengages winding shaft and removes narrow rolls of material.
- Stacks material on shelves according to width of material.
Press Operator: $16 + DOE Hours 5:30AM-3:00 PM
- Adjust machine parts as needed to ensure proper speed, pressure, temperature and amount of materials for quality production.
- Measure, weigh and examine all products before they’re packaged to see that they meet company and industry standards.
- Monitor and control machines on a daily basis to maintain daily and weekly production schedule.
- Complete quality checks and paperwork every day to maintain production and industry regulations and company standards.
- Make sure work environment remains safe, uncluttered, clean and well-maintained by performing maintenance and general janitorial duties throughout shift as time allows.
- Look over all work orders and instructions to see which ingredients, machines, parts and materials are needed to complete orders to full customer satisfaction.
- Engage in continuing education training and seminars to remain up-to-date on the latest industry techniques, machines, safety regulations and equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and maintain assigned machines and equipment as needed for maximum product quality and operational efficiency.
Days: Monday - Friday Plus (some overtime)
Hurry, because these job opportunities are going fast! Call us TODAY to schedule an interview with a staffing consultant and you could get to work as soon as tomorrow
You can apply with us online: www.expresspros.com/murfreesborotn or in person at 925 South Church St Murfreesboro, TN 37130.
For more information about who we are, check out our website and follow us on social media: (Facebook- ExpressMurfreesboro; Instagram- @express_mboro; Twitter- @express_mboro).
CNC Operator Also Brake Press Operator
CNC Operator Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Operator Machinist Skills and
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
At Employ-Ease, our mission is pretty simple:
Find great people
Provide great service
Offer open and honest communication
Remaining sincere to our beliefs, ethics & practices
Committed to our employees' and clients' success through our achievements
Accepting and welcoming change
Treating people like people
Committed to providing a positive experience
Remembering who we are, where we came from & where we are going
Looking to be not just different, but better.
Our business is easily summed up; we're a people business. However, our approach is what sets Employ-Ease apart from other staffing firms. We don't just build business, we build relationships. Every client, every candidate, represents a strong and meaningful relationship that we value.
CNC Laser Operator And/Or Press Brake Operator
Rapidly growing Queens Manufacturing company seeks an experienced CNC Laser Operator and/or Press Brake Operator to work in our Metal Shop. Candidate must have working knowledge of mechanical and programmable machines. Must be able to program, run, and maintain equipment, able to read blueprints, flats and schematics, Must be able to program and layout parts for cutting/punching.
Excellent Pay Package including Full Benefits!
Press Operator I
SUMMARY OF POSITION The Press Operator is responsible for operating the press to form products using billets and die blocks according to established standard work for production purposes.
Set up dies in press
Operate a furnace.
Operate a die heater.
Operate press to produce parts.
Use chisel and hammer to release part from die block after hit if needed.
Use compressed air/water quench to cool down part.
Use tongs to remove part from die block after hit.
Perform inspection on parts.
Operate goff shot blaster.
Operate band saw.
Complete required router information.
Produce parts to manufacturing prints or customer prints.
Perform housekeeping per 6S schedule.
Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent.
& ABILITIES REQUIRED * Previous manufacturing experience is a plus.
Ability to work safely in a fast pace environment.
Must adhere to Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Lifting of materials to 60# up to 33% of the time.
Requires use of foot controls.
Corrected vison of 20/20, preferred.
Able to work in a fast-paced quality –oriented environment.
Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures. Please send resume to: Becca.Spada@orchid-ortho.com
Location:* Holt MI
Press Brake Operator
The Bending Operator produces machine-formed products (product components) made from ferrous or non-ferrous materials in accordance with the work orders and technical information issued. The professional expertise of the Press Brake Operator lies in their ability to personally set the machine using cnc programs to produce products of the right quality. The Press Brake Operator programs simple products and uses the correct bending tools for the job in question. This position reports to the Production Manager Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Performs all set up and tear down of the related equipment
Calculates and set machine controls to position tools, speed and feed
Inserts control instructions into machine and control units to start operation
Mounts and secure tools and attachments, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
Selects and bolts holding clamp, die block and guide clamp to machine
Lifts work pieces to machines manually or with hoists or cranes
Measures and inspects parts using machine shop measuring tools per supplied customer drawings
Modifies operating programs to account for problems during operation and save modified programs
Resolves machine malfunctions and discusses with the supervisor or programmer
Performs preventive maintenance on equipment
Meets production goals in relation to machine effectiveness and scrap output
Maintains the machine and work area
Measures and checks work dimensionally at different times while monitoring the progress of the bending process
Measures and checks the product to ensure that it satisfies quality requirements
Performs machine-forming operations
Makes the machine production-ready
Administrates and archives project data Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Basic knowledge of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
Knowledge of metal properties, lubricants, operational sequences and machine programming + 0-3 years experience as a Bending machine operator in metal manufacturing industry
Knowledge of all activities associated with manual and CNC bending machinery, tooling
Measuring equipment and machine settings
Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment Knowledge-Skills-Abilities (Competencies):
Must be able to communicate with others
Must be able to follow and understand instructions
Ability to work Safe and knowledge of OSHA regulations
Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
Ability to read, understand, and follow blueprints
Must be able to work carefully and in a concentrated manner
Attention to detail
Must have a strong willingness to learn
Must monitor and maintain quality
Must be able to operate technical equipment
Must be able to detects faults and consults with supervisor Work Environment and Physical Demands: The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee will be subject to warehouse environment, cold temperatures of 40 degrees , and will be required to wear jacket. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requisition ID: 2017-3194 External Company Name: Vanderlande Industries, Inc. External Company URL: www.vanderlande.com
Press Operator I
Press Operator I
Reports To: Stamping Team Leader
Summary & Objective:
The press operator is responsible for handling press operations for the organization. This position is responsible for running production lots, communicating with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintaining a safe, organized, and clean work environment.
Regularly perform metal stamping, shearing, flattening, bending, forming, de-burring, sanding, assembling, cleaning, spot-welding, and various other manufacturing-related operations to support the production schedule.
Detect and report non-conforming materials or questionable conditions to the stamping department team leader.
Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
Performs periodic inspection of manufactured products.
Completes and maintains documentation associated with the production of parts (i.e. shop traveler, process control chart, etc.).
Perform prescribed routine maintenance on machines as required per machine-specific preventive maintenance schedules.
Requires the use of hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc.) and measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, scale, tape measure, etc.) expected to be either provided by or purchased by the team member.
Participate in periodic departmental and company team meetings.
Must be able to consistently maintain a positive attitude and quality level of work ethic.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Additionally, the noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, knelling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The team member must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds in weight. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Standard Work Hours:
This is a full-time position. Days and standard hours of work are Monday through Thursday 6:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Overtime Work Hours:
Production schedule demands may periodically necessitate overtime. The days and hours of overtime work are Friday 6:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and Saturday 6:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
No travel is expected with this position.
High school diploma or graduation from a certified technical school.
Minimum one year of related experience.
Educational and Experience Preference:
Two or more years of related experience.
None required for this position.
Please note this team member description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!