Blocker Job Description Sample
Contributes by providing expertise, delivering results either directly or through others. The role holder has a comprehensive knowledge of managing multiple Value Streams. Role typically needs to implement and deliver strategies within a program to ensure successful delivery. Professional experts working more independently provide thought leadership or deliver significant results in a specialist area. Roles managing others motivate, manage and develop own team, to enhance their roles and assist in the achievement of business objectives. Analytical skills and experience are required in developing solutions and making decisions or more complicated judgements, within general operating guidelines. Non-routine issues may be referred to the role for resolution.
Key result areas
Provide Agile Program Management:
Work with Agile Delivery teams to review status, risks and issues associated with each project and dependencies across these
Assist Senior Director Delivery with:
Program financial tracking and budgeting
Review of key issues and associate mitigating activities
Brief executive level stakeholders
Provide process coaching to Agile teams in the delivery of a Global Product
Work with business Project Managers to manage dependencies
Act as a point of escalation for impediments and blockers
Work with the business to resolve any impediments and blockers
Work with Senior Director Delivery to:
Develop and drive adoption of organization wide standards
Identify and execution of Continuous Improvement activities
Support creation of project management best practices, tools, and ways for GTO to drive efficiency in order to reduce costs and add value
Skills and experience required
Coaching and mentoring of staff and teams
Experience of working as an Agile Programme Manager on large and complex global programmes which are regularly subject to significant changes
Creating complex programme plans based on multiple underlying Value streams; outlining key tasks, deliverables, dependencies and timelines
Experience of working on large search initiatives
Working within a global programme governance
Presenting to executive/board level
Working on multi-phased projects with re-planning and continuous improvement based on retrospectives
Negotiating timescales and resources with delivery teams
Tracking budgets, progress and finances across multiple interdependent projects
Promoting of benefits of project management principles to senior stakeholders and within a larger programme
Working with demanding senior stakeholders to understand objectives and business value and to negotiate consensus
Managing large projects (multi million pound budgets)
Change management (including cultural change).
Planning, monitoring and estimating skills.
Risk & issue management
Internal systems development and implementation
Testing (e.g. management of system/ process testing, UAT).
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
Operational Risk Group Manager Risk Capabilities
Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
Other Location: United States,Texas,Irving; United States,Maryland,Hagerstown; United States,South Carolina,Fort Mill
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18072868
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The individual in this role will report to the Global Head of Reporting, Tools & Analytics for CBORC. The individual will be responsible for the management, oversight, and implementation of the GCB Global KOR/KI Utility and other functions as needed. This role requires an individual with a strong desire to work in a fast pace, agile and dynamic environment where priorities and expectations change.
Key Responsibility Overview:
- The person in this role will be responsible for the development, management, execution, oversight and control of the GCB Global KOR/KI Utility. They will manage directly/indirectly multiple stakeholders from multiple disciplines to ensure successful completion of business needs. They will need to tightly engage with Subject Matter Experts, learn challenges, risks, and identify and, eliminate blockers to ensure success of the Utility. The individual must be able to influence in/out of their direct span of control, including local management and senior leaders across multiple functional disciplines.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
Oversee the management and governance of all Utility efforts, tasks and timelines
Leads integration of functions and partners with multiple senior management teams to meet goals and deploy tool and process enhancements.
Provide in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions, and make recommendations that influence decisions of key business partners.
Evaluates efficiency of existing functions and drives improvements
Manages complex processes and reporting streams
Partner with functional teams to create a path to success – tasks, milestones
Provide credible challenge to plans, risks, issues and change requests impacting the Utility
Identify and manage dependencies
Represent the Utility in multiple senior leadership forums
Ensure Utility project plans, implementations, and new builds are Audit-Ready
Ensure all Utility components and artifacts are documented
Identify and escalate Utility gaps and challenges
Independently remediate 'blockers' to success
Create and manage deliverable timelines
Develop reports to manage and communicate to leadership KOR/KI Program t health, status
Oversee Utility training activities as applicable
Experience leading Key Operational Risk and Key Indicator Risk Life-Cycles
Ability to translate policy requirements into process strategies
Ability to develop & communicate executive level reports on KOR/KI Program status
Desire to expand knowledge of CBORC and Key Operational Risk processes, data and platforms to ensure best in class, controlled and Audit Ready
Basic understanding of process engineering strategies, and process development
Strong understanding of process control and process risk management
Technical Engineering Lead
- Assemble your cross-functional program leadership team; clarify roles & responsibilities, build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Guide team through refining requirements and setting program scope
- Working closely with company leaders and our Technical Program Managers, create and own master program milestones, cross-team integration points, overall schedule & execution plan; mentor and assist other program participants in creating plans for their respective areas
- Capture and track inter-team dependencies & hand-offs; monitor & help resolve issues
- Define program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Communicate progress effectively across program team
- Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field; or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience in a technical leadership role, with a systems integration focus
- Client management skills providing technical project updates and managing expectation
- Deep & broad S/W and H/W development methodology knowledge, experience selecting and applying the best methodologies & tools to large-scale development environments (JIRA, Github, etc)
- Top-notch communications and presentation skills, from the team to executive level
- Proven ability to calmly and confidently bring clarity, order and organization to complex undertakings; ability to understand complex technical systems
- Interest and willingness to mentor more junior staff members, identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Motivated self-starter with ability to adapt quickly and operate under ambiguity
Perks of Being a Torc’r
- You will work with a passionate team of experienced self-driving engineers leading projects that integrate Torc autonomy software and shape the future of transportation.
- You will have the opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible work hours and generous paid vacation
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Easy Commute, little traffic
- Close proximity to Virginia Tech
Project Manager (Scrum Master)
Project Manager (Scrum Master)
Are you seeking a collaborative environment that allows you to work closely with both business stakeholders and developers?
Do you enjoy bringing improvements, increased effectiveness and organization to a team or project?
Are you a strong proponent of Agile methodologies and Scrum?
If so, you may be just who we're looking for to join our Project Management Team at The Motley Fool!
Scrum masters are dedicated to teams. Their role is to help the team add value to the company. More specifically, they facilitate frequent feedback to align customer expectations with team deliverables. They observe and record relevant metrics to provide the team with useful performance information. They identify and work to remove blockers and impediments to the team. They help teams celebrate their victories and fail early when needed. The Scrum Master is someone you want on your team.
Software or website project management experience.
Deep understanding of Agile methodologies, principles, and Scrum ceremonies with proven experience implementing them within technical teams.
Thrives on facilitation, knows when to schedule meetings and keeps on task, productive and energizing.
An aversion to ineffective meetings.
Ability to impact teams without "managing" them.
Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with all key stakeholders, development and architecture teams.
Able to effectively prioritize work within the project scope.
Ability to find and resolve impediments and blockers effectively as possible.
Knows when to intervene into a conflict and can constructively resolve the problem.
Calculate and track ongoing team capacity and velocity.
Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Practitioner
Agile project management software experience - Jira, Pivotal Tracker, or similar experience
Approachable and willing to offer helpful solutions
Familiarity with The Motley Fool's mission and our business
The Motley Fool Holdings, Inc., provides equal opportunity to all individuals on the basis of individual performance and qualification without regard to race, sex, marital status, religion, color, age, national origin, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation, or other protected factor.
We should, however, make you aware that there is one notable exception to this policy. It is our strict and earnest intention — and the company's historical record will bear this out — we will never hire any of the following: robots, replicants, or morlocks. Now keep in mind we are well aware that all of the aforementioned have intentions of world domination in the future, but as of now we have no place for them at The Motley Fool … unless the year is 2122 and the revolution has already occurred. If that is the case we welcome our new robot, replicant, or morlock rulers!!! Perhaps we have said too much?
Data & AI Director Business Strategy Manager
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a global leader on the corporate team with a perspective across the Intelligent Cloud Data & AI portfolio, you'll be a critical and visible leader internally and externally and will have the opportunity to influence and work with many of the most senior leaders in the business.
We're looking for an exceptional leader & cross-team collaborator to partner with corporate & field stakeholders to optimize global Intelligent Cloud – Data & AI competitive sales & consumption. This deep competitive landscape subject matter expert must cover multiple scenarios and competitors (e.g.
AWS, Google, Oracle, etc.). Primarily centered on the objective of meeting & exceeding our revenue & scorecard targets for Data & AI including SQL Server, Azure Data Services, Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things. This strategic role includes owning global competitive sales, deployment, & consumption activation, field insights, patterns analysis (deal inhibitors & sales enablers), issue resolution management & communication, product + business group representation with the field sales and support analyst communities while ultimately enabling our ability to compete and win worldwide.
As the global Compete Lead for the Data & AI business, you'll partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Product Group, Business Group (BG), One Commercial Partner team, Customer Success, as well as Small, Medium, & Corporate (SMC) business units to shape & execute global competitive sales & partner strategies.
Qualifications include significant experience in industry sales, partner, & channel management, preferably experience working across sales channels at Microsoft. Strong understanding of the Microsoft segment, customer, partner, & services sales engines with demonstrated success in driving revenue growth in new business models. Demonstrated expert in the Data & AI competitive landscape, differentiated capabilities and forward-looking futures by vendor.
The candidate will have 7+yrs of experience in product sales &/or product marketing, should work autonomously, be results-driven, & demonstrate the ability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform. Partner management, product marketing &/or field sales experience within Microsoft is a plus.
Candidate must be willing to take on big challenges with significant growth potential. Most importantly, the candidate will be a strategic thinker able to identify opportunities & alternatives while influencing a large team to execute with them. BS/BA required; MS / MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Competitive Landscape Expert: Deep subject matter expert on Microsoft's Data & AI Competitive landscape at both global and regional level including prioritization and rationalization of priority competitive scenarios and business opportunities
Competitive Sales Strategy: Data & AI competitive sales activation & acceleration strategy & landing developed through deep customer & advisory insights resulting in successful global competitive sales plays, motions, programs, licensing models, & offerings
Accelerate Competitive Sales Execution: Drive large-scale competitive sales engagements via field resourcing and GTM facilitation, real-time competitor SWAT analysis, strategic competitor execution playbooks and battle cards including differentiated value propositions and objection handling for priority competitive scenarios
Field Landing & Readiness: Ensure successful rollout across the world to help land competitive sales initiatives/readiness plans through business sales readiness channels, field seller escalations to identify supporting competitive resources including Industry, ISV, and partner solutions. Includes as appropriate engagement in virtual training, executive meetings, field readiness events, etc…
Closed Loop Competitive: Expose, deliver, and drive cross organizational closure to competitive solution sales and blockers including direct championing of competitive product marketing, field incentives, channel investments, product/services requirements
Field & Analyst Relations: Establish field and analyst relationships & ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, & field council.
Business Expertise & Analytics: On-demand insight & understanding of business architecture & metrics including sales capacity, coverage, competencies, & supporting programs/resources in direct support of effectively driving competitive scenarios
Competitive Insight-to-Action: Informed, validated, strategic execution planning for improved Azure competitive field sales & consumption via best-in-class enablement & readiness efforts
Sales Effectiveness & Efficiency: Optimization of Data & AI sales engagements focused on business growth via strategic competitive motions & achievement of revenue/scorecard goals with demonstrated global impact
Best Practice Sharing: Partner with internal stakeholders & business sponsors to maximize sales synergy via knowledge transfer & best practices sharing.
- Provide leadership and heads-down execution of a complex data migration project with ability to troubleshoot data migration issues.
- Develop a complete understanding of the customer’s data environment.
- Provide technical leadership in data analysis, data migration, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design.
- Contribute to translating logical design into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved.
- Support data validation, data cleansing, and data mapping.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of data dictionaries
- Assist the development of ETL processes and data modeling.
- Assist in definition and development of data schema, data structure, and data integration practices for internal and operational use.
- Maintain the integrity and security of data across several databases.
- Working on SQL & No-SQL technologies.
- Participate in Daily SCRUM to ensure reporting of blockers and issues so that the Sprint cycle is on track.
- Work closely with the Application development team to ensure requirements are understood and documented for the database development team.
- Expert knowledge in leading and executing complex data migration projects.
- Experience leading the processing of large amounts of structured and unstructured data within a microservices environment.
- Experience leading data movement and transformation technologies.
- Must have full understanding of Relational & Non-relational database concepts
- Must have experience and knowledge of database technologies.
- Must be familiar with the GIT repository for all database scripts and artifacts.
- Must be able to analyze production issues related to the database and queries and work with the performance tester to troubleshoot issues
- Data Modeling (Conceptual, Logical & Physical)
- Process Improvement and Requirements Analysis
- Database Security and Developing Standards in a microservices environment.
- Strong technical skills and experience with:
- Databases (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Message Broker Services (e.g. RabbitMQ, Amazon MQ)
- SQL & No-SQL
- Data analysis and data modeling (Erwin, ER Studio or similar)
- ETL tools and concepts (e.g. Informatica),
- Reporting tools (e.g., Cognos)
- Domain-Driven Design
- 10+ years of progressively increasing experience in Data Architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Experience and familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices in a Microservices environment.
- Must be able to pass background investigation
- Must be forward thinking and passionate problem solver able to work in a group environment that contributes to global client and company mission and culture
- Able to take on new challenges and professionally communicate and collaborate with peers and executive client and corporate leadership
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
Cloud Solution Architect - Advanced Analytics & AI
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn't anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other's ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft's mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in strategic accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and Microsoft Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Platform.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and
Deep understanding of Microsoft AI and data platform technologies, BI technologies, with the technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in two or more of the following areas: Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Governance, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required
Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, SalesForce, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS
Travel required: 0-30%
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will own the Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence technical customer engagements including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
Understand customers' overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence
Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Azure Databricks, etc.)
Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
Morgan & Morgan, P.A. is the largest plaintiff law firm and media buyer in the country with offices in more than 10 cities, 2,000 employees nationwide, and over 30 years in the industry.
Our Brooklyn office, situated inside a redesigned industrial loft, is the creative and operational backbone of the company. Run like a startup – foosball, unlimited snacks, bean bags, but with the strength and security of a leading enterprise.
We tackle complex marketing, media, and technology challenges, are Slack addicts, high-five and celebrate. We're fast learners, risk-takers and experts in our fields. We've been doing this for a long time, together, and we put people first. With that mantra, we're redefining the law space.
You Will Be
- Managing our day-to-day flow of work for our declarative and code developers.
- Make sure stories are fully fleshed out and ready to be assigned, follow up, eliminate blockers – hold daily standup.
- Reporting to our Head of Product and owning the hands-on implementation cycle of our developers.
- Working full-time position out of our Brooklyn, NY office.
What We Require
- 3-5 years of experience in resource allocation, project management with the Jira and Salesforce platforms.
- Someone that can keep us moving on day-to-day workflow as well as strategically manage some midsize projects.
- Jira experience (or similar) is a must. Comfortable with building out a jira environment (workflows, reporting etc).
- Salesforce experience (basic declarative concepts).
- Strong project management skills.
- Diplomacy, pragmatism and assertiveness.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Nice to Have
- Exposure to the legal industry and technology in law firms a plus.
- Salesforce certifications such as ADM-201 or DEV-401.
Technology Solutions Professional
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn't anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes?
Do you share and build on other's ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft's mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Technical Solution Leader
Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions
Technical breadth. Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
Technical depth. Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management. Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following
o Scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
o Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e.
Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps*, Chef, Puppet).
Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners
Excellent Communicator. Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills
Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives
Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others' benefit
5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles
2+ years experience in cloud solutions
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e.
Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services*, Chef, Puppet) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service).
Location: Southeast U.S. (Atlanta, Charlotte areas preferred)
Travel: Occasional travel (roughly 25%) is required
Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Azure Application Development Technology Sales Professionals (TSP). Microsoft Technology Solutions Professionals main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. Technology Solutions Professionals are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and work they are on for sales people to further pursue.
As a TSP, you will be a trusted advisor and a cloud application development subject matter expert. You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, to win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Azure application and developer services sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based application development technologies.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 50% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Microsoft Application Development solutions.
You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful. You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Azure Application Development sales and customer usage. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
- 30% of your time will be spent on helping win cloud application development opportunities by demonstrating strong subject matter expertise in the application development space including serverless, containers, microservices, DevOps etc. and by positioning Azure as the platform of choice. You would help drive cognitive & AI capabilities that add intelligence & competitive differentiation to applications. You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services and help identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- 20% of your time will be spent on influencing the Microsoft Application Development platform go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter. Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge and learn practices from others. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
Engineering Program Manager
Position Title: Engineering Program Manager
Location: Milpitas, CA
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 6,300 customers across 67 countries, including more than 40 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Engineering Program Manager/Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple Programs/Software Product development projects, services and/or key initiatives, within Engineering.
Work closely with engineering managers, technical leads and product managers to drive project planning and execution of multiple complex software development projects.
Collaborate with cross-functional groups across FireEye thru the Product life cycle, from definition to successful delivery of releases.
Manage cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocker issues.
Assist in developing and implementing Project Management Best practices, tools and templates within engineering.
The position reports to the Director of Program Management.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
4-6 years of technical project management experience successfully managing multiple Programs/Software product releases.
Experience with managing and delivering a Cloud-hosted service (Email preferred)
Hands-on experience with agile methodologies and process; understanding of Scrum
Strong knowledge of project management tools, process and best practices
Understanding and experience with Operational Cloud-based deployments, monitoring, and availability/scalability constraints
Knowledge of Email protocols and data flows, and Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus scanning and filtering highly desired
Domain experience with security and networking preferred
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Agile/PMP certification a plus.
FireEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Click here to view the full EEO/AA statement.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!