Blood Tester Fowl Job Description Sample
Lab Associate Blood Bank - Blood Bank
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Hours: 11pm - 7:30am
JOB SUMMARY: R esponsible for evaluating blood donors to determine eligibility for donation. Also responsible for determining blood component availability for patients; verifying physician laboratory orders and insurance coverage for aph eresis and hemophilia patients; registering patients in hospital registration system; and preparing blood components from fresh whole blood units.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma plus 1 year job related experience required. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: Microsoft Word and Excel experience required.
Ability to understand Insurances and pass necessary exams required.
Ability to learn computer applications (BBCS, Sunquest, Eclipsys, Powerchart) required. Good phone, communication and customer service skills required. Good math skills required.
Knowledge of medical terminology required.
Ability to understand orders from physicians, nurses and technologists.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS : Medical Office assistant training preferred Experience in clinic, donor center and/or hospital setting preferred. If chosen for this position, you may be required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities. Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Medical Technologist, Blood Bank, Jewish Hospital, Nights, Full Time
Certifications: MT(ASCP), CLS/NCA, MT(AMT), MT(HEW) or equivalent. Qualified as a technologist under CLIA rules. Individuals who are newly certified beginning January 2004 must participate in the BOR Certification Maintenance Program.
Education: High School diploma or GED required. Graduate of an approved medical technology program preferred.
Experience: Experience in transfusion medicine and knowledge of the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory requirements.
Help Desk / Supporting Blood Glucose Sensors
Help Desk Level 1
03/05/2018 to 03/05/2019
Pay w2 ( no benefits)
Hours for this position are 11:30 am - 8:00 pm EST. The candidate will start as soon as selected and has cleared onboarding. We are NOT looking for Administrators or Programmers.
This position is Help Desk position that is Customer Service oriented where may have to work with Sales people as well as customers. Should have Technical abilities like troubleshooting for Windows, installing windows drivers, some desktop knowledge so can solve issue while on the call. Previous experience working in healthcare/medical devices preferred or even having a Nursing background may assist.
Will be supporting blood glucose sensors for diabetes so any knowledge of diabetes or blood glucose sensor experience would be helpful but not required. Again, we are NOT looking for Administrators or Programmers.
Medical Technologist II - Blood Bank (Full Time, Days) Job
The Medical Technologist II is responsible for performing, evaluating, and reporting of technical laboratory procedures on patient specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows established procedures to ensure laboratory quality control and compliance with professional standards of practice. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or natural science
At least two years relevant experience as a Medical Technologist.
Current TN Licensure as Medical Technologist (or Special Analyst).
Educational requirements may be waived for those with state licensure who met grandfather requirements under CLA.
A Master's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science may substitute for one year of experience.
- Demonstrated competency in routine testing in assigned Laboratory area.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory information systems.
- Ability to organize tasks and projects work without close supervision to complete tasks.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Performs accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures.
- Reports test results in a timely manner according to established laboratory protocols.
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control, ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, quality standards, compliance activities, and policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages resources such as productivity, supplies, instruments and equipment. Plans work and completes job responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
Medical Laboratory Scientist I - Blood Bank Nights
Medical Laboratory Scientist I - Blood Bank Nights Job ID:
7099 Address: City: AZ-Phoenix
Start Time: 8:30 pm
End Time: 7:00 am
FTE Status: (FA) 0.9 - 36-39 Hours
Night Shift, Blood Bank Medical Lab Science opportunity at Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix.
OSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor’s Degree in clinical laboratory science/medical technology, OR • Certificate of completion of a Categorical equivalent of MLS program, OR • Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, physical or biological science and certification (MLS or categorical). • Students may be hired at the job title equivalent in clinical laboratory science under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (CLS), student’s clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete program within one year of hire. • Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation) or other nationally recognized credentialing agency. • For certain specialty disciplines ONLY (Toxicology, etc.) where no certification is available from a certifying agency, a Bachelor’s Degree with one year of experience in that discipline is required. Individuals with specialty certification may only work in the discipline of their specialty.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MT or categorical certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).
Clinical Research Assistant - Cord Blood Program
Overview Located in the heart of Phoenix, Ariz., St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 586-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved.
Joseph’s is a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. It includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, the Norton Thoracic Institute, a campus of Creighton University’s Medical School and the first Level I Trauma Center in Arizona verified by the American College of Surgeons. U.S.
News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph’s among the best hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. For more information please visit our website at .
Responsibilities This is a position within the Biobank Core Facility's Arizona Public Cord Blood Collection Program. The responsibilities of this position include consenting mothers in Labor and Delivery, managing the collection of cord blood units and clinical data, and interfacing with the Cord Blood Bank.
Performs routine clinical research activities under the direction of the principal investigator, research nurse clinician, and research specialist. Collects information and reports data as requested.
Qualifications Previous experience in a health care setting required. Previous clinical research experience preferred.
Previous training relating to HIPAA and the use of protected health information required. Basic computer skills required. Associates Degree Preferred. #HelloResearch Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Connect With Us! Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity? to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness. Equal Opportunity Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this telephone number.
Employment TypeFull Time
DepartmentResearch - BiobankHours / Pay Period72
FacilitySt Josephs Hospital and Medical Center
Standard Hours6am-6:30pm 3 days/week
Cord Blood Tech - PRA
This position is in support of and will provide the clinical services for various research projects. This position’s responsibilities are critical in order to conduct research and include reviewing cord blood characteristics and supplying to internal and external researchers, participating in multiple research protocols, and performing scientific assays to acquire data for a federally sponsored project. This position determines donor eligibility and releases units for investigational research to discover the effectiveness of drugs on multiple disorders.
This position also banks units clinically for use in bone marrow transplantation and related research studies.
* B.S. degree with biological coursework required.
Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends will be required. Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
Knowledge of biology and good laboratory practices.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Two years of experience, preferably in a laboratory or healthcare environment is highly desired. * A Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB) credential is preferred but not required. Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services . The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors.
To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Organization:H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus
Title:Cord Blood Tech - PRA
Technologist Blood Bank
This position will work daylight shift with evening coverage. This will cover Northern Tier which includes UPMC Horizon Shenango and Horizon Greenville and Meadville Medical Center.
Must be able to complete 8 weeks of training from 7:00am - 3:00 pm, before hired shift begins.
This position exists to perform all aspects of routine transfusion service laboratory testing and basic serological problem resolution in the area of immunohematology. The incumbent following training and competency assessment is authorized to complete all immunohematology tests listed in Volume 3 of the Transfusion Service SOPs An index of these SOPs can be found in the Master Control System. This position also provides for the manufacturing and distribution of appropriate products for transfusion and the completion of all supporting clerical and QC activities.
This position is not static and will be revised as the needs of the organization’s business evolve.
1. Perform all routine pretransfusion testing including quality control to obtain serologically safe products for transfusion consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements.
2. Resolve basic serological problems consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements.
3. Perform all lab assistant responsibilities consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements as needed.
4. Accurately and professionally communicate pertinent clinical information to the hospital staff and obtain necessary information from these same sources, always adhering to patient confidentiality requirements and HIPAA requirements.
5. Provide technical support to internal staff and external hospital staff.
6. Successfully complete all required ongoing training within defined time frames.
· Error free work consistent with SOPs.
· Efficient completion of work tasks – on time without customer complaints.
· Interpersonal team skills.
· Compliance with organizational goals.
Education and Training
· Recent MLT, MT, BB or SBB graduate (within 6 months) that is eligible for ASCP certification required (must attain certification within 1 year of hire)
· AS degree with MLT (ASCP) certification required.
· BS/BA degree in medical technology, biology, or a related science with MT (ASCP) or BB(ASCP) or SBB(ASCP) strongly preferred.
· Must have reliable transportation. Travel in the Pittsburgh area is required.
· 2 -3 years previous blood bank/transfusion or general laboratory experience required.
· Ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong attention to detail with ability to complete tasks to precise regulatory standards.
· Ability to work independently.
· Must be able to prioritize work demands and anticipate patient needs.
· Ability to equate a medical diagnosis to transfusion needs.
· Language skills must include the ability to read, write, speak English effectively and follow oral and written instructions consistent with policies and procedure, SOPs or other requirements.
· Strong oral communication skills.
· Strong communication skills required to interact in a professional manner with external customers.
· Interactive style that fosters and supports teamwork.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
· Manual dexterity.
· The employee will be required to spend the majority of the day standing, walking and using their hands.
· The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
· The employee must have the ability to respond to audible alarms and incoming phone calls, and verbalize
information and direction. High stress work environment; accuracy and speed frequently impact patient outcomes.
· Errors can be fatal.
· The employee will spend the majority of the day in a clinical laboratory with biohazard exposure and moderate noise levels.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances
· Act 33 / 34 /73 and NRC clearance must be obtained within 30 days of the start of employment.
· Must be able to pass Nuclear Regulatory Commission Trustworthy and Reliable vetting in order to obtain clearance due to irradiators in facilities.
While blood collection is a fundamental part of our organization our purpose, providing safe blood products to hospitals and, ultimately, patients in need is our primary goal. In fact, we distribute more than one million blood components each year to people not only in the communities we call home, but also across the country and even the world.
The hallmarks of our services are rapid turnaround coupled with expert diagnostic, consultative, and educational support for patients and physicians. By working closely with our health care provider partners to establish standards for transfusion decisions, we ensure that all patients receive the proper type and dosage of transfusion products.
Employees of The Institute for Transfusion Medicine work together to save lives. Each of our talented team members plays an important role in our mission to secure a safe and sufficient blood supply and deliver excellence in transfusion medicine. We offer quality-driven and technology-abled professionals career growth opportunities in both Pittsburgh and Chicago. Brighten your career
Clinical Lab Scientsist - Blood Donor Center - Part Time Days
Clinical Lab Scientsist
Blood Donor Center
- Part Time DaysApplyUSCKH - Clinical LaboratoryLos Angeles, California The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs a variety of standardized and highly specialized Biochemical, Blood Banking, etc. analysis in the Clinical Laboratory. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of patient test results used for the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Arts of Science and/or equivalent training for California Clinical Laboratory Scientist or California Specialty (Limited) License. Minimum Experience/
• Minimum 1 year prior experience to include: specialized and complex analysis, computer experience, quality control, calibration, QC evaluation, inventory control, preventative maintenance, and quality improvement.
Donor Center experience highly preferred. • Knowledge of medical procedures and conditions and ability to understand, follow and successfully perform duties, including whole blood collection, and apheresis procedures, in accordance with administrative and clinical policies, regulations and procedures. • Knowledge of GMP (good manufacturing practice in accordance with FDA, AABB, and State requirements. • Well-developed verbal, public contact/communication and employee relations skills. Excellent customer service skills • Knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications • Must be able to commute with personal vehicle. Ability to adjust to fluctuating workloads and schedule adjustments (Monday-Sunday, day and evening shift, and Holidays) and work outdoors 90%- 100% of the time with potential exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and moving vehicles Required License/Certification:
Valid Clinical Lab Scientist license from the State of California. ASCP certification preferred but not required. Current BLS certification Current valid driver's license and good driving record is required Fire and Safety Certification.
If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date. REQ20042736 Posted Date: 05/18/2017
Perioperative Blood Management Technician
This position is primarily responsible for providing autotransfusion during operations where blood loss is to be expected. Also provides assistance to Perfusionists, Intra-aortic Balloon Pump Therapy (IABP) procedures, platelet gel administration, and maintains stock as needed.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!