Blow Molding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Blow Molding Machine Operator
- Experience with Bekum, Uniloy, and R&B machines.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of product to standards.
- Adjust machine settings according to product specifications.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, and temperature.
- Keep equipment running by clearing jams, monitor equipment and materials, check production quality and stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, and report malfunctions to management.
- Continually inspect and check product for weight, neck, body, bumpers to ensure they are within specifications.
- Inspect and remove defective product and material.
- Log machine adjustments and pertinent process data.
Machine Operator - Injection Blow Molding
The Injection Blow Molding Operator position is very “hands-on” and will require making necessary changes and adjustments to the technical blow molding and auxiliary equipment as well as complete mold and color changes. The individualwill be responsible for operating, monitoring, processing and repairing machines to maximize machine efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
· Operate a group of plastic injection stretch blow molding machines and auxiliary equipment producing a container in a safe and high quality method.
· Perform processing of injection and/or blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap.
· Perform regular lubrication and checks on all equipment, systems, molds and tooling in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules.
· Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
· Identify and troubleshoot malfunctioning machines or equipment and effectively communicate machine operation variations with teammates and management to diagnose problems and complete necessary repairs.
· Maintain documentation as directed.
· Start and stop stretch blow molding and injection molding to produce quality plastic containers.
· Perform routine inspections, cleaning & lubricating and/or tightening of machine assembles per preventative maintenance procedures.
· Perform container inspections using test equipment, statistical quality methods & visual inspection techniques.
· Perform line inspections to verify the packing of defect-free product.
· Pack containers into boxes/cartons at designated production-line speeds according to specifications.
· Safely operate lift trucks to move materials.
· Perform as a responsible team member to maintain a clean, safe, and effective work environment.
· Operate blow molding and injection molding.
· Pull seepage, apply SPC methodologies for initiating machine adjustments, change materials, assist in changeovers and identify start and stop of out-of-spec production (hardware).
· Complete required documentation (Daily completion of log books and operator monitoring).
· Perform sample retention per procedure at required times.
· Machine area kept clean and conforming to 5S standards (Empty trashcans, seepage barrels, scrap bottles on floor, machines wiped down daily, etc.).
· Coordinate team assignments and work flow to insure meeting the daily production plan.
· Arrange learning opportunities for team members to continue their development.
· Provide responsible leadership regarding compliance to policies and provide responsible leadership regarding compliance to policies and standards.
· Identify and root-cause of defects in containers and recommend processing adjustments to eliminate the defect. Trouble shoot mechanical and processing problems.
· Perform color changeovers.
Operator is responsible at all times for their own safety and to assist where qualified with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Follow all safety rules and safe work procedures and ensure they are followed by others working in and around the machinery
- Report and follow up on all injuries and near misses
- Actively participate in safety incident investigations
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards and expectations
- Provide leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Follow all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tag out, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
Operators will ensure that all products adhere to quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
· Lead by example as a quality advocate
· Provide support, as needed, to correct quality deficiencies, e.g. product or packaging defects
· Ensure all work performed meets quality standards
Productivity and Reliability:
- Provide Operational support in running machines at centerline conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Assist operators in troubleshooting equipment issues
- Address downtime issues promptly and effectively
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including identification of contributing causes for non-operating events; work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verify proper investigative actions are completed and root cause(s) are quickly identified
- Maintain spares, as needed, to ensure availability for equipment repairs
- Effectively utilize and maintain preventive maintenance and work order completion documentation
- Closely manage costs and eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel)
- Take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues
- Continuously strive to reduce inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance
- Reduce bottlenecks in operations by addressing upcoming production needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements
Equipment and Facility Maintenance
- Technicians will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure on-going safe, reliable operations. This includes such things as:
- Maintaining housekeeping standards.
- Performing basic facility maintenance including repair of lighting, basic HVAC, etc.
- Monitor conditions of equipment by lubrication and vibration analysis.
- Completing maintenance care responsibilities and initiating and assisting in equipment repair as needed.
- Actively learn equipment, processes, and systems
- Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc., as assigned on a rotating basis
- Actively share knowledge to train/mentor other team members, including maintenance, QA and operations, to foster team member development, including required safety training control systems, troubleshooting capabilities and other skills as identified
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Process, Set-up or Maintenance capacity in a manufacturing environment, plastics experience a plus.
· Advanced mechanical and technical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and complex mechanical equipment.
· Strong leadership traits.
· Ability to perform and recognize bottle quality and operating efficiency.
· Must know and follow all GMP / ASI / ISO procedures.
· Must be able to work safely and follow safety rules and JSA procedures.
· Must be able to identify and report violations and unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
· Must be able to wear protective clothing such as hair net, uniform, safety shoes, gloves, long-sleeved shirt and earplugs.
· Must be able to effectively respond in emergency situations such as fires and accidents.
· Must be able to follow all department procedures and directives.
· All of the above are essential job functions.
· Must own required basic hand tools.
· Preferred candidates will need Nissei, Husky, Automa, and/or SIPA operating
· Must have good math skills. Able to add, subtract, divide, multiply decimals and weigh grams.
· Able to read; must be able to read English text, blueprints. Write, speak and understand English directions/instructions.
· Writing skills required: Must be able to communicate in writing with all levels of organization in English.
· Able to work overtime on any shift on short notice.
· Ability to understand Statistical Process Control charts and data.
· Ability to work all shifts as needed
- High degree of Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Committed to safety & organizational goals
- A record of stable & continuous employment
- Basic computer literacy with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook)
- Strong service orientation
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required
- Drive and determination to strive for continuous improvement
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED, technical or vocational training a plus
- Flexibility to work overtime and alternate schedules
· Due to the proximity of equipment causing electromagnetic fields, technician must be free of prostheses, particularly of a cardiac type (pacemaker) or a metal or similar implant. IntraPac Lawrenceburg cannot offer employment to anyone with these conditions.
· Must be able to perform repetitive bending
· Must be able to lift up to 45 to 70 lbs.
· Possess ability to stand for up to 12 hours, including frequent walking, climbing and use of ladders, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling to change rolls, and lifting arms above the head.
· Ability to hear conversation and warning alarms.
· Ability to visually inspect small items (parts of tubes).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, kneel, and stand for continuous periods of time
· While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles; heights; loud noise & vibrations; mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate. The work environment may include moderately hot or cold temperatures.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· PPE may be required when performing some job functions, such as gloves, a smock, hairnet, safety glasses, etc.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those required to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Employees will be evaluated in part based upon the performance of tasks listed in this job description. IntraPac has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or IntraPac may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Blow Molding Operator / Mechanic - 1St Shift
Responsibilities of the Position
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative
maintenance on equipment.
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Rebuild and fabricate parts.
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Generate parts request to ensure adequate inventory.
- Generate and complete work orders as assigned.
- Perform equipment change-over’s and production line set ups.
- Maintain a good attendance and work weekends occasionally.
- Train all employees on tasks as needed.
- Enforce company rules regarding safety, discipline, cooperation and teamwork.
- Attend selected meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Third Shift Plastic Blow Mold Machine Operator
Ø Ensure that production equipment is operating to optimum efficiency
Ø Start and stop production equipment as needed
Ø Maintain Operation Excellence standards of housekeeping- sweeping, mopping, wiping down equipment where necessary
Ø Troubleshoot and repair processing issues
Ø Assist in changeovers as needed
Ø Monitor finished product flow from extruder to packaging equipment. Be able to clear jams and resume process flow as needed
Ø Monitor and maintain material levels
Ø Assist utility and packaging employees and assist in giving breaks as needed
Ø Actively involved in the coordination and completion of progressive training required to advance to the next level
Ø Perform other duties as assigned
Blow Molding Operator - 2Nd Shift
The purpose of an Operator is to ensure that the parts being manufactured and packaged meet customer expectations within the standards set for each job. Associates are expected to learn and understand customer quality expectations through the use of quality system procedures, and on the job training. In addition, each associate must understand the production standards and communicate any variances to the standard to their supervisor. All associates are expected to perform all activities in a safe manner and report any safety concerns or injuries immediately. Work areas are to be maintained in a clean and organized state at all times.Essential Duties * Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude with co-workers, employer, customers and suppliers.
Perform activities in a safe manner.
Must have acceptable attendance record.
Learn and apply quality and production standards to all customer parts that you are assigned to work on.
Must be able to learn and run all Blow Molding machines, parts, jobs, secondary and processes.
Proper removal and handling of parts.
Keep up with established job rates.
Log all rejects and track all production counts.
Ensure customer quality expectations are met.
Assure that good parts are not being discarded.
Assist with on the job training of new associates when they are assigned to your area. Assist the new associates in the proper job specific methods, paperwork and safety concerns.
Ensure that job specific responsibilities are followed and that product is packaged per defined standards. _ _Never package questionable products. Always obtain advice from your supervisor, quality person, technician, or the floor leader.
Must learn and follow all applicable TS16949 quality procedures associated with BMOD production practices.
Perform any assigned secondary work.
Maintain a clean work area and perform cleanup work as assigned by your supervisor. If your work area goes down, immediately start cleaning up the area until your supervisor or technician reassigns you.
Attend all mandatory company meetings and safety education sessions.
Perform any other duties as assigned. Flambeau offers periodic pay increases during the first two years based on performance evaluations, health, dental, vision, life and short term disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and company discounts. Required Skills
Computer knowledge is advised.
Ability to interpret a variety of gauges and measurement instrumentation.
Use reading and writing, adding and subtracting of whole numbers; following of instructions; use of fixed gauges, direct reading of instruments and similar devices where interpretation is not required.
Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
Must be able to work 2nd shift consistently; a shift compensation premium will be provided. Required Experience
High School Education and/or GED preferred. * Six month manufacturing experience preferred.
Flambeau offers a competitive wage plus medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), life, free access to our onsite clinic, and more!All offers of employment by Flambeau are contingent on completion of a drug test within 2 business days of your offer acceptance and a background check with results in compliance with company policy.Flambeau, Inc. is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Upon hire, Flambeau uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for roles based in the United States.Upon hire, Flambeau uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for roles based in the United States.Tracking Code: 217053-942 Job Location: Baraboo, Wisconsin, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Salary:* 12.20 - 14.55 USD
Blow Mold Machine Operator
We are currently recruiting for 1st and 2nd shift Blow Mold Operators for a company located in West Bend, WI
1st shift 5:45am-2pm and 2nd shift 1:45pm-10pm
Up to $18.00/hr DOE (temp-hire or direct hire)Responsibility from production to packaging:
SITE Staffing does not accept phone calls regarding any job postings. If interested in a position, please submit your resume for review. If accepted as a possible candidate you will be contacted within 48hrs. We do not contact those candidates that are not invited to complete our application. If you have any questions regarding our postings, we ask that you submit those inquiries via email.
*Equal Opportunity Employer * Defined by Diversity * Accredited Member of BBB*
Blow Mold Machine Operator
Perform all tasks involved in the production of Alpha Packaging’s products. Machine Operators will operate and maintain assigned pieces of production equipment on a continuous basis in order to meet or exceed job standards and quality specifications. The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time and work professionally and independently. Follow Alpha’s standard of Safety, Housekeeping, Quality and Production in an efficient and safe manner as possible. Must be willing to work as a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
On a daily basis will be responsible for assigned production lines to ensure that product is produced in accordance with established quality and product standards. Must familiarize yourself with the daily production goals so they are achieved for each line assignment.
Evaluate and discuss the operation of assigned machinery with the Machine Operator from the previous shift. Will operate and adjust production line equipment, in accordance with established production standards as well as perform preventative maintenance and report any problems.
Machine Operators will perform quality checks on containers to ensure proper specifications are maintained. Document any problems or adjustments made to assigned machinery.
Check and maintain defined levels of all raw materials used in production on assigned machinery. Keep all assigned machines and area neat and clean of debris.
Follows plant specified job specifications and task lists.
3-5 years of experience operating blow molding machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
The work environment is typical of most manufacturing environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually high with ear protection required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Machine Operator - Molding 2Nd Shift
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Operate all combinations of presses and tools within assigned team, consistently producing parts of the highest quality.
Ability to read and understand bills of materials, routings, work instructions and other shop paperwork.
Ability to complete production process documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
Ability to perform and document simple arithmetic calculations.
Understand manufacturing process and quality acceptance criteria for parts produced.
Complete production forms correctly and legibly.
Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with variety of staff.
Operate hand truck.
Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds on a daily basis.
Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend, and climb (ascend and descend) ladders.
Ability to stand and operate equipment for up to twelve hours.
Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and the manual dexterity to operate machines with precision.
Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts; and to distinguish colors.
Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor malfunctions.
Ability to pull, lift, and transport gaskets to and from various locations with the assigned location.
Positions available on 2nd shift
Work in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors, and temperature extremes.
Work regularly with machines where carelessness could result in cuts, bruises, burns or muscle pulls.
Serious injuries can be avoided if established safety precautions are followed.
Entry Level Molding Machine Operator
Everyone likes to feel pride in their work. At PeopleReady, we make that happen! We have opportunities right now for hardworking people looking for a reliable paycheck.
Are you committed to safety, and have excellent attendance? We are ready to put you to work! We are currently hiring for a 3rd shift Molder in Delano, MN.
This company is looking for long-term employees to join their growing business. New employees will be moved to different areas the first few weeks to determine where they fit best. There is a lot of training involved with this company so you are guaranteed to learn new skills.
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
The Molder must understand and perform to standard the following aspects related to this position:
- Rotational molding processes.
- The variables related to the molding process, including time, temperature, cooling, mold releases, etc.
- The characteristics of all standard resins used by their division (i.e. knowing what the proper cure is for each material and how to check the cure.
- Mold preparation and mold maintenance techniques.
- Quality standards for each machine (found on the process sheets located in the machine areas).
- Pressure testing requirements for all tanks as stated on the process sheets.
- Critical dimensions and characteristics of each part and how to check these to maintain consistency.
- How to effectively conduct a first part inspection to approve a set-up.
Must be willing to submit to pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Shift: Sunday- Thursday 10:45pm- 7am
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.JB.0.31.LN
Molding Machine Operator 2Nd & 3Rd Shifts Available
Plastic Molding Machine Operator
Responsible for operating and tending plastic molding machines to mold or cast thermoplastic parts or products.Primary responsibilities
- Operate plastic molding and casting machines.
- Mold and cast metal or thermoplastic parts.
- Design and develop new molds, molding processes, techniques, process
- improvements and cost reductions.
- Develop and document manufacturing instructions and data sheets.
- Operate compression or injection molding machines.
- Mix catalysts and coloring pigments.
- Operate mixing machine.
- Repair and maintain machines.
- Cut off excess material.
- Grind scraps into powder.
- Read specifications to determine setup and prescribed temperature and time settings.
- Pour product into mold.
- Remove cured product from mold.
- Inspect products for surface defects and flaws.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Position and secure assembled mold and mold components.
- Put dies into machine.
- Coat dies with parting agent.
- Eliminate production of defective parts and products.
- Weigh compounds and pour compounds into die well.
- Fill machine hoppers.
- Regulate molding temperature, volume, pressure, and time.
- Activate machine to inject dies.
- Attach connecting lines.
Must be able to use an impact wrench for long periods and the ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
2nd shift 3-11 and 3rd shift 11-7 available.
A1 Staffing is an agency that specializes in meeting the demands for Light industrial, medical, government/state agencies, and administrative positions, offering temporary, professional placement, and contract personnel. A1 Staffing & Recruiting Agency Inc. is committed to providing our clients with the very best employment services. We are a personnel agency with high goals and expectations. We strive to be fair, honest, and professional in all our dealings.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!