Blow Molding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
3Rd Shift- Blow Molding Machine Operator -Direct Hire
What's In It For You?
CKS Packaging, Inc., a leader and growing manufacturer of rigid plastic containers needs new Machine Operators to join the 3rd Shift Team at our Kansas City facility. We are looking for experience and entry-level operators (pay varies based on experience).
What’s In it for You?
- Company driver position with Regional OTR (and some local) routes
- Stable, growing organization with opportunity for future advancement of qualified candidates if successful in supervisory assignments
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid vacation after one year of service
- Excellent medical/dental benefits at modest employee contributions
- 401k participation with Company matching contributions upon completion of one year of service
- Knowledge of extrusion blow molding, one-step molding, reheat & blow, or injection molding processes and equipment
- Experience making adjustments to production equipment processes to change material distribution, weights, heights, and other physical properties/dimensions
- Knowledge of mold change procedures and steps/methods for line changes
- Ability to help train others to improve their knowledge of processing
- Hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting skills are a definite “plus"
- Ability to determine what machine control adjustments to change a bottle’s appearance or physical dimensions
- The job exists to operate machinery to produce bottles to customer demand, and running production up to six days/week is an essential function of the position; therefore willingness and ability to work six days/week on a consistent basis
- Entry level Machine Operator Trainees should have a steady work history with mechanical or manufacturing experience and a willingness to learn.
We invite you to apply to start your career with CKS today!
Blow Molding Machine Operator
- Experience with Bekum, Uniloy, and R&B machines.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of product to standards.
- Adjust machine settings according to product specifications.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, and temperature.
- Keep equipment running by clearing jams, monitor equipment and materials, check production quality and stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, and report malfunctions to management.
- Continually inspect and check product for weight, neck, body, bumpers to ensure they are within specifications.
- Inspect and remove defective product and material.
- Log machine adjustments and pertinent process data.
Machine Operator - Injection Blow Molding
The principal responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician are to ensure that the ISBM (Automa) bottle process and machines are maintained in a preventive fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time. This is accomplished by troubleshooting processes with the ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems associated with process equipment. The Injection Blow Molding Mechanic is responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as high pressure (Air 580 psi), pumps, motors, controls and other components. Responsible for the safe use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools. The Injection Blow Molding Mechanic is responsible to learn and support preventative maintenance skills and tasks as necessary. This position has large growth potential as it is a growing business within the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
Technician is responsible at all times for their own safety and to assist where qualified with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Follow all safety rules and safe work procedures and ensure they are followed by others working in and around the machinery
- Report and follow up on all injuries and near misses
- Actively participate in safety incident investigations
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards and expectations
- Provide leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Follow all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
- Ensure crew has adequate supply of required safety equipment
- First Responder responsibilities as trained for and required
Technicians will ensure that all products adhere to quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
· Lead by example as a quality advocate
· Provide support, as needed, to correct quality deficiencies, e.g. product or packaging defects
· Ensure all work performed meets quality standards
Productivity and Reliability:
- Provide Operational support in running machines at centerline conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Assist operators in troubleshooting equipment issues
- Address downtime issues promptly and effectively
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including identification of contributing causes for non-operating events; work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verify proper investigative actions are completed and root cause(s) are quickly identified
- Maintain spares, as needed, to ensure availability for equipment repairs
- Effectively utilize and maintain preventive maintenance and work order completion documentation
- Closely manage costs and eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel)
- Take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues
- Continuously strive to reduce inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance
- Reduce bottlenecks in operations by addressing upcoming production needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements
Equipment and Facility Maintenance
- Technicians will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure on-going safe, reliable operations. This includes such things as:
- Maintaining housekeeping standards.
- Performing basic facility maintenance including repair of lighting, basic HVAC, etc.
- Monitor conditions of equipment by lubrication and vibration analysis.
- Completing maintenance care responsibilities and initiating and assisting in equipment repair as needed.
- Actively learn equipment, processes, and systems
- Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc., as assigned on a rotating basis
- Actively share knowledge to train/mentor other team members, including maintenance, QA and operations, to foster team member development, including required safety training control systems, troubleshooting capabilities and other skills as identified
· Minimum 4 years injection / blow molding experience
· Tool and Die experience a plus
· Blow molding or stretch blow experience a plus
· Parts or Store Room experience a plus
· Experience with European equipment and machine troubleshooting is a plus
· Ability to work all shifts as needed
- High degree of Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Committed to safety & organizational goals
- A record of stable & continuous employment
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience
- Basic computer literacy with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook)
- Strong service orientation
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required
- Drive and determination to strive for continuous improvement
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year technical degree or 4 years industrial work experience in relevant mechanical field
- Working knowledge of AC/DC circuits and mechanical abilities
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics
- A working knowledge of 480v three-phase and motor controls, control voltages
- Knowledge of HVAC Chillers and compressed air systems helpful but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical problems on equipment and provide timely short-term and long-term solutions
- Overall knowledge and ability in hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to test, validate, evaluate and maintain equipment performance using voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges
- Working knowledge of chilled water systems and high and low pressure air systems
· Due to the proximity of equipment causing electromagnetic fields, technician must be free of prostheses, particularly of a cardiac type (pacemaker) or a metal or similar implant. IntraPac Lawrenceburg cannot offer employment to anyone with these conditions.
· Must be able to perform repetitive bending
· Must be able to lift up to 45 to 70 lbs.
· Possess ability to stand for up to 12 hours, including frequent walking, climbing and use of ladders, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling to change rolls, and lifting arms above the head.
· Ability to hear conversation and warning alarms.
· Ability to visually inspect small items (parts of tubes).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, kneel, and stand for continuous periods of time
· While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles; heights; loud noise & vibrations; mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate. The work environment may include moderately hot or cold temperatures.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· PPE may be required when performing some job functions, such as gloves, a smock, hairnet, safety glasses, etc.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those required to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Employees will be evaluated in part based upon the performance of tasks listed in this job description. IntraPac has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or IntraPac may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Blow Molding Operator / Mechanic - 1St Shift
Responsibilities of the Position
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative
maintenance on equipment.
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Rebuild and fabricate parts.
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Generate parts request to ensure adequate inventory.
- Generate and complete work orders as assigned.
- Perform equipment change-over’s and production line set ups.
- Maintain a good attendance and work weekends occasionally.
- Train all employees on tasks as needed.
- Enforce company rules regarding safety, discipline, cooperation and teamwork.
- Attend selected meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Blow Molding Operator - 3Rd Shift
The purpose of an Operator is to ensure that the parts being manufactured and packaged meet customer expectations within the standards set for each job. Associates are expected to learn and understand customer quality expectations through the use of quality system procedures, and on the job training. In addition, each associate must understand the production standards and communicate any variances to the standard to their supervisor. All associates are expected to perform all activities in a safe manner and report any safety concerns or injuries immediately. Work areas are to be maintained in a clean and organized state at all times.Essential Duties * Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude with co-workers, employer, customers and suppliers.
Perform activities in a safe manner.
Must have acceptable attendance record.
Learn and apply quality and production standards to all customer parts that you are assigned to work on.
Must be able to learn and run all Blow Molding machines, parts, jobs, secondary and processes.
Proper removal and handling of parts.
Keep up with established job rates.
Log all rejects and track all production counts.
Ensure customer quality expectations are met.
Assure that good parts are not being discarded.
Assist with on the job training of new associates when they are assigned to your area. Assist the new associates in the proper job specific methods, paperwork and safety concerns.
Ensure that job specific responsibilities are followed and that product is packaged per defined standards. _ _Never package questionable products. Always obtain advice from your supervisor, quality person, technician, or the floor leader.
Must learn and follow all applicable TS16949 quality procedures associated with BMOD production practices.
Maintain a clean work area and perform cleanup work as assigned by your supervisor.
Attend all mandatory company meetings and safety education sessions.
Perform any other duties as assigned. Flambeau offers periodic pay increases during the first two years based on performance evaluations, health, dental, vision, life and short term disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and company discounts. Required Skills
Computer knowledge is advised.
Ability to interpret a variety of gauges and measurement instrumentation.
Use reading and writing, adding and subtracting of whole numbers; direct reading of instruments and similar devices where interpretation is not required.
Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
Must be able to work 3rd shift consistently; a shift compensation premium will be provided. Required Experience
High School Education and/or GED preferred. * Six month manufacturing experience preferred.
Flambeau offers a competitive wage plus medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), life, free access to our onsite clinic, and more!All offers of employment by Flambeau are contingent on completion of a drug test within 2 business days of your offer acceptance and a background check with results in compliance with company policy.Flambeau, Inc. is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Upon hire, Flambeau uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for roles based in the United States.Upon hire, Flambeau uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for roles based in the United States.Tracking Code: 217045-942 Job Location: Baraboo, Wisconsin, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Salary:* 12.20 - 14.55 USD
Blow Mold Machine Operator
Perform all tasks involved in the production of Alpha Packaging’s products. Machine Operators will operate and maintain assigned pieces of production equipment on a continuous basis in order to meet or exceed job standards and quality specifications. The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time and work professionally and independently. Follow Alpha’s standard of Safety, Housekeeping, Quality and Production in an efficient and safe manner as possible. Must be willing to work as a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
On a daily basis will be responsible for assigned production lines to ensure that product is produced in accordance with established quality and product standards. Must familiarize yourself with the daily production goals so they are achieved for each line assignment.
Evaluate and discuss the operation of assigned machinery with the Machine Operator from the previous shift. Will operate and adjust production line equipment, in accordance with established production standards as well as perform preventative maintenance and report any problems.
Machine Operators will perform quality checks on containers to ensure proper specifications are maintained. Document any problems or adjustments made to assigned machinery.
Check and maintain defined levels of all raw materials used in production on assigned machinery. Keep all assigned machines and area neat and clean of debris.
Follows plant specified job specifications and task lists.
3-5 years of experience operating blow molding machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
The work environment is typical of most manufacturing environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually high with ear protection required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
At Alpha Packaging, we are always looking for quality minded individuals who want to contribute to and benefit from our continued growth. We are seeking people who work hard, have fun and make a personal commitment to delivering exceptional results.
Alpha Packaging offers a choice array of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in our industry. From our base salary, incentive package to our 401(k), health care, dental, vision and other plans, we strive to take care of the talented people who make our company great. Come join our winning team and be rewarded for the value you help create.
Alpha Packaging has nine (9) locations as follows:
•St. Louis, Missouri
•Salt Lake City, Utah
•Winona, Minnesota – Technigraph Decorating
Blow Mold Machine Operator
Are you looking for a company that working to support our growing economy? Then this is the company for you. QPS Employment Group has a great opportunity available for a Blow Mold Machine Operator at a company in Fairfield, IA that is at the forefront of environmentally friendly traffic control products. This is a temp to hire Blow Mold Machine Operator position for 2nd and 3rd shift.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:- Pull plastic product from machines
Visually inspect product for defects and tear off excess flash if applicable by using safety knife
Stack finished product on top of each other for packaging
Observe machine for jamming parts
Verify products with correct job order
Separates scrap materials from trash and puts them in proper bin
- Maintain cleanliness around work station
- Must be able to stand 8 hours
Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs
Injection blow molding experience preferred
Must have a great hand/eye coordination
Must be able to pass QPS pre-employment screening Benefits:- Available upon hire
Blow Mold Machine Operator
We are currently recruiting for 1st and 2nd shift Blow Mold Operators for a company located in West Bend, WI
1st shift 5:45am-2pm and 2nd shift 1:45pm-10pm
Up to $18.00/hr DOE (temp-hire or direct hire)Responsibility from production to packaging:
SITE Staffing does not accept phone calls regarding any job postings. If interested in a position, please submit your resume for review. If accepted as a possible candidate you will be contacted within 48hrs. We do not contact those candidates that are not invited to complete our application. If you have any questions regarding our postings, we ask that you submit those inquiries via email.
*Equal Opportunity Employer * Defined by Diversity * Accredited Member of BBB*
Plastic Molding Machine Operator
Troubleshooting, basic repairs, experience with set ups is a plus. If you have worked with extrusion, injection, stretch or blow molding please feel free to apply. We are looking for experience in all areas of plastic and provide on the job training. Depending on experience, both direct hires and contract to hire positions are available.
Contact us now if you would like to work for a big name company and obtain a life long career!
We have a unique, comprehensive Risk Management Program which assures the most qualified candidates are placed with our clients. American Staffing is a full-service placement, contract staffing company and provides a range of support services that include:
*Short and long term placement of pre-qualified Industrial, Office Professional, Technical and Scientific Contract Associates
*Direct Hire of quality Industrial, Office Professional, Technical and Scientific Associates
*Payrolling of any Associates you choose
Associates are covered by worker's compensation and liability insurance and all applicable employee and unemployment taxes by American Staffing. Each contract associate is interviewed, evaluated and fully screened prior to placing on any assignment. Our associates are offered life, medical and dental insurance, a 401K program, referral bonuses, holiday/vacation pay, computer Skill Development and Enhancement Training.
American Staffing offers in-depth knowledge of our industry and the St. Louis marketplace. We offer ongoing professional support along with superior customer service and competitive rates, as we are not encumbered by corporate overhead. American Staffing is committed to provide you the highest standard of Staffing Excellence. Thank you for your interest in American Staffing!
Development Engineer - Injection Blow Molding
Job DescriptionWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.What You’ll Get to Do: As a Development Engineer for injection blow molding, your ideas will bring new products to life as you design and develop process and manufacturing plans from concept to launch.
You’ll be developing a wide variety of new injection blow molded products and playing a significant role in affecting new product introductions. Your expertise in design for manufacturability, plastics materials, equipment and processes will help us rapidly deliver profitable products. You will lead product and process development projects, develop plans that meet specifications and be a key solutions provider.
Make an impact for your career, our customers and the world with this exciting opportunity to collaborate with others like you to drive change, implement new technology and mentor team members. How You’ll Make a Difference: · Process Design and Development: Review product designs to enhance Design for Manufacturability, determine process feasibility and development options, select equipment and tooling. You’ll then work on development plans with mold makers, contract manufacturers, prototyping services, equipment or other service suppliers. · Engineering Project Management:
Plan and execute the broader process development activities within a cross functional team, from concept through product launch. · Detailed Process Development: Develop detailed process development plans by applying failure mode analysis, process analytical tools, design of experiments, sound plastic part and mold design practices. Your final manufacturing plans will meet specifications for product, mold and equipment requirements within project capital and product cost guidelines. · Verification and Validation:
You’ll own and be accountable for FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ activities to ensure process verification and validation for molds, equipment and molding processes. You’ll also assist in maintaining intellectual property rights for new processes. · Partner with Great Coworkers: Communicate with Marketing, Product Development, Industrial Design and other Operations team members to resolve process, mold and equipment details that differ from concepts or new product specifications. Celebrate your process development success and plans as you present at review meetings.
Education · B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Plastics Engineering or related field or equivalent relevant work experience of 8 or more years.
Experience · Five or more years of process development experience with Injection Blow Molded and/or Injection Stretch Blow molded products (blow molding). · Extensive experience with establishing process conditions and solving product quality issues by understanding the relationships of material, product design, tooling, machine and processing conditions. · Experience with evaluating and selecting mold tooling, plastic resins and processing equipment. · Experience with structured process qualifications, design of experiments, data analysis and technical writing is desired. · Experience with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), ISO standards, Lean Manufacturing concepts and familiarization of FDA regulations desired. · Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10- 20% of the time). Knowledge, Skills & Abilities · Excellent technical skills, including demonstrated project management, organization, and planning. · Analytical nature, responds positively to challenges and a problem solver · Responsive, results oriented and task driven · Proficiency in engineering project and resource management, timelines, and capital budgets. · Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. *IND-LPG Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!