Blow Molding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Blow Molding Machine Operator
We are looking for Blow molding process technicians and machine Operators. You will be responsible for all functions of the line operation including Safety, Quality, Housekeeping, and Production.
What you will do as a blow mold process technician / machine operator
-Assist with machine and downstream changeovers as needed
-Restart equipment during normal production runs for non-mechanical related issues.
-Maintain records for Quality, OEE, and process improvements.
-Measure parts in accordance with the control plans and react accordingly to maintain good quality product.
-Assist with the troubleshooting of issues during start up and production runs.
-Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What you will need as a Blow mold process technician / machine operator
-One year of blow molding or injection molding machine experience
- High school or equivalent
What you will get as a blow mold process technician / machineoperator
- career advancement opportunities
All three shifts are available - full time position with benefits
Machine Operator Blow Molding
By following our instincts and our passion for the outdoor lifestyle, Hemisphere Design Works has merged with another great company and lands us one of North America’s largest lines of all-season recreational products. We specialize in making water vessels that run on HUMAN POWER!
Each product is made to deliver performance, value, and ease of use that allows our customers to take control on the water and live out their outdoor adventures.
Will you be the HUMAN POWER that FUELS the production of high-quality water vessels that exceed our customers’ expectations?
DIRECT HIRE STARTING POSITION PAY:
- C Operator ($16+) 1-3 years machine operator experience
- B Operator ($18+) 3-5 years machine operator experience
- A Operator ($20+) 5 + years machine operator experience
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Shift premium provided to off shifts.
Blow Molding machine operators will work under the direction of the production senior lead/supervisor to ensure that the company produces the highest quality products safely and efficiently. The blow molding machine operator will be responsible for operating, setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines throughout the shift.
- Set up and operate blow molding machine to mold plastic products according to specifications: Turn valves to start flow of water and release air pressure to machine.
- Moves machine controls to set timing unit and temperature of heating unit and start automatic feed mechanism.
- Adjust machine mandrel and align mandrel with mold chamber, using wrenches.
- Start molding machine that automatically feeds material from mixing unit to mandrel and to mold chamber.
- Closes chamber to mold product under heat and pressure.
- Regrind excess material and unsatisfactory product for reuse, using grinding machine.
- May weigh completed work-piece to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre employment drug screening and a pre employment background check which will determine eligibility for employment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Strong communication skills
- Critical Thinking- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Opportunity for growth! Our supportive teams are dedicated to professional development and offer many opportunities to expand your knowledge, allowing you to advance during your career with us!
- Medical -with access to MedNow 24/7 Virtual Care- Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401 K with employer match
- Positive-Friendly Culture with a casual dress code
Blow Mold Machine Operator
The Blow Molder Machine Operator 1 position is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the blow molders and all associated equipment. Blow Mold Machine Operator is responsible for the safe operation, and quality output of bottles that meet customer's specifications. The position requires the operator to fully understand, and be capable of conducting all activities covered under Blow Molder Downstream Associate. Employee has the responsibility to report food safety hazards or concerns to their immediate supervisor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Operate blow molders, bottle conveyors, air-conveyors, tippers, chillers, air compressors.
Start and shut down all associated equipment.
Primary person for process adjustments to ensure 100% bottle quality during the production process.
Perform process testing, protocol, and documents to meet quality requirements.
Primary person to complete daily production records and logs for shift.
Verification of production working documents
Monitor production quantities for preform change, mold change and product completions.
Assist with performing mold and neck finish changes.
Verification of tooling, instructions on materials prior to use on assigned process.
Help manage machine process efficiency initiatives, scrap minimization, materials conservation related to bottle inspections
Be able to operate the efficiency tracking boards and keep them up to date at all times.
Follow daily blow molding checklist tasks
Assist with fixing any problems with the blow molder, associated equipment, or high pressure air compressors
Assist performing Preventative maintenance and completing work orders
Perform all assignments given by Supervisors or Upper Management Team
Train and instruct permanent and temp employees with all downstream associate responsibilities.
Follow all health and safety standards
Follow the 5S initiative on the floor by keeping the area clean and organized – suggest and implement improvements
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalency
Glanbia Forklift Certification
Must be able to speak and comprehend English
Able to read and write English
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
(80%-100% of work time)
(60% - 70% of the time)
(15%-25% of the time)
Special Vision Requirements:
Work with moving mechanical parts
Work in a loud environment
Use hands to finger,
handle or feel
Exposed to wet or humid conditions,
Risk of electric shock
Reach with hands and arms
Climb & Balance
Stoop & Kneel
Crouch & Crawl
Lift or move up to 50lbs
Exposed to high precarious places, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations
The preceding functions are examples of the type work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and /or abilities required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and make reasonable accommodations as needed. Accommodation may also be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nearest Major Market: Corona
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Lead Technician - Blow Molding
Lead Technician - Blow Molding
Virginia Beach, VA
Assistant Production Supervisor (Lead Technician) in a High Volume Blow Molding and Assembly Department for # 1 Selling Brand of Power Equipment in Virginia Beach, VA
If you are a detail oriented, passionate Lead Person who loves outdoor power equipment and precision manufacturing, we ask that you to apply to get a head of the curve!
STIHL Inc. has an immediate opening for a Lead Person in our Blow Molding Department! As part of our Blow Molding Department, you will play a vital role in motivating production workers as well as implementing process improvements. You will have the opportunity to standardize production and quality goals and work among our 1900 employees located in Virginia Beach, VA. STIHL produces various finished products including chain saws, blowers, and trimmers, which are sold throughout the world at independently owned dealerships. Are you interested in learning more?
Ensure drawing and tooling specifications used in production are maintained.
Interact with engineering department to ensure equipment is operating within acceptable parameters.
Implement Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing methodologies to develop process improvements.
Participate in communications related to vacation schedules, job evaluation, performance reviews, and wage administration.
Oversee and manage appropriate levels of labor.
Lead production workers in the completion of daily production goals.
Perform changeovers on vibration welding machines and robotics and process parts for first piece approval.
Troubleshoot mechanical and robotic issues.
Read blueprints and inspection plans and perform quality checks.
Ensure parts are running within action limits and make process adjustments if needed.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 2 years' experience with responsibilities listed above in a high volume manufacturing environment.
Experience implementing lean manufacturing methodologies and managing a team of production employees.
Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills.
Must be shift flexible.
Machine Operator - Injection Molding
Esterline is seeking a Sr. Machine Operator to perform set-ups; optimizes machine parameters and inputs on all machines in their work centers. Works on assignments complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required to resolve problems and make recommendations. Involves complex problem solving.
Responsible for productivity and design improvement, reduction in set-up and run times, process improvement teams, work order scheduling, and dispatch list maintenance
Ability to program and recommend equipment usability
Makes estimates of time and materials required to complete an assignment
Programs and operates computerized machining equipment
Performs non-standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining, using a wide variety of precision measuring instruments; develops, designs or performs complex repairs on various tools, machines or equipment
Train, assign and check the work of lower level employees; will act as a trainer and coordinator
Plans and executes complex assignments using injection molding dies and hand tools.
Performs on-line and off-line programming
Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
Understand and live by Esterline's ethics and business conduct policies
Strong communication skills
Ability to work with engineer designed reviews; detailed processing sheets; read and interpret blueprints and drawings
Willing to work extra hours, and potentially weekends
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals
General understanding of Lean principles
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required – technical trade school preferred.
- 5 + years' related Injection Molding experience required
Molding Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
Wilson Employment is seeking a Molding Machine Operator for a client in Milford, NH.
Responsibilities of Molding Machine Operator:
- Operates molding machine to produce flexible rubber connectors
- Removes flexible rubber connector(s) from mold using gloves for heat protection.
- Places product on work-bench located in front of each machine.
- Inspects product for any defects.
- Uses a file and/or utility knife to trim away excess rubber.
- Places steel band inside rubber connector.
- Place an identification mark using a marker on the inside of each flexible rubber connector.
- Stacks finished flexible rubber connectors into a cardboard box.
- Moves pallet loaded with product to the Assembly Department or warehouse.
Molding Operator (Nights)
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Direct operator involved in molding rubber products including pre-molding preparation and post molding finishing and testing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform dipping and painting sequences as needed for product inserts requiring in-mold bonding.
Perform load and unload sequences for rubber molds and associated ovens.
Trim, inspect and identify finished molded rubber parts.
Perform secondary assembly and testing as required.
Assist in warehousing or associated inventory activities as required.
Be will to accept training to progress to Rubber Molder Operator III.
Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Perform other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Understand and comply with all Safety and environmental requirements and company policies of Weatherford.
Know and understand Weatherford's enterprise Excellence process and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and workplace Instructions.
Basic reading and writing skills.
Current Drivers License is required for personnel that must operate a company vehicle as a critical task or assignment.
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
High school graduate or GED equivalent.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Polymer Molding Operator (491856)
Efficiently operate the functions (including setup) required to create molded polymer products to acceptable production standards.
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesWeigh raw materials
Trim molded polymer products
Mold polymer products
Inspect molded polymer products
Expected Areas of CompetenceMust be able to work in a team environment where workload is shared and process improvement is a group process.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with high attention to detail.
Must be able to lift or move molds weighing up to 35 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
Must be able to read basic blue prints and perform precision measurements.
Must be able to read, write, and perform basic shop math and follow detailed written instructions.
Must be able to successfully complete On-the-Job Training and On-the-Job Performance stand for items
A through H.
Education/Experience RequirementsHigh School Diploma or GED.
Previous experience in one or all of the following skills: molding, trimming polyethylene, and blast cabinet operation.
Additional InformationEOE M/W/Vet/Disability
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!