Blow Molding Machine Tender Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Injection Blow Molding
The principal responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician are to ensure that the ISBM (Automa) bottle process and machines are maintained in a preventive fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time. This is accomplished by troubleshooting processes with the ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems associated with process equipment. The Injection Blow Molding Mechanic is responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as high pressure (Air 580 psi), pumps, motors, controls and other components. Responsible for the safe use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools. The Injection Blow Molding Mechanic is responsible to learn and support preventative maintenance skills and tasks as necessary. This position has large growth potential as it is a growing business within the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
Technician is responsible at all times for their own safety and to assist where qualified with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Follow all safety rules and safe work procedures and ensure they are followed by others working in and around the machinery
- Report and follow up on all injuries and near misses
- Actively participate in safety incident investigations
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards and expectations
- Provide leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Follow all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
- Ensure crew has adequate supply of required safety equipment
- First Responder responsibilities as trained for and required
Technicians will ensure that all products adhere to quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
· Lead by example as a quality advocate
· Provide support, as needed, to correct quality deficiencies, e.g. product or packaging defects
· Ensure all work performed meets quality standards
Productivity and Reliability:
- Provide Operational support in running machines at centerline conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Assist operators in troubleshooting equipment issues
- Address downtime issues promptly and effectively
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including identification of contributing causes for non-operating events; work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verify proper investigative actions are completed and root cause(s) are quickly identified
- Maintain spares, as needed, to ensure availability for equipment repairs
- Effectively utilize and maintain preventive maintenance and work order completion documentation
- Closely manage costs and eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel)
- Take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues
- Continuously strive to reduce inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance
- Reduce bottlenecks in operations by addressing upcoming production needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements
Equipment and Facility Maintenance
- Technicians will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure on-going safe, reliable operations. This includes such things as:
- Maintaining housekeeping standards.
- Performing basic facility maintenance including repair of lighting, basic HVAC, etc.
- Monitor conditions of equipment by lubrication and vibration analysis.
- Completing maintenance care responsibilities and initiating and assisting in equipment repair as needed.
- Actively learn equipment, processes, and systems
- Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc., as assigned on a rotating basis
- Actively share knowledge to train/mentor other team members, including maintenance, QA and operations, to foster team member development, including required safety training control systems, troubleshooting capabilities and other skills as identified
· Minimum 4 years injection / blow molding experience
· Tool and Die experience a plus
· Blow molding or stretch blow experience a plus
· Parts or Store Room experience a plus
· Experience with European equipment and machine troubleshooting is a plus
· Ability to work all shifts as needed
- High degree of Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Committed to safety & organizational goals
- A record of stable & continuous employment
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience
- Basic computer literacy with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook)
- Strong service orientation
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required
- Drive and determination to strive for continuous improvement
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year technical degree or 4 years industrial work experience in relevant mechanical field
- Working knowledge of AC/DC circuits and mechanical abilities
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics
- A working knowledge of 480v three-phase and motor controls, control voltages
- Knowledge of HVAC Chillers and compressed air systems helpful but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical problems on equipment and provide timely short-term and long-term solutions
- Overall knowledge and ability in hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to test, validate, evaluate and maintain equipment performance using voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges
- Working knowledge of chilled water systems and high and low pressure air systems
· Due to the proximity of equipment causing electromagnetic fields, technician must be free of prostheses, particularly of a cardiac type (pacemaker) or a metal or similar implant. IntraPac Lawrenceburg cannot offer employment to anyone with these conditions.
· Must be able to perform repetitive bending
· Must be able to lift up to 45 to 70 lbs.
· Possess ability to stand for up to 12 hours, including frequent walking, climbing and use of ladders, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling to change rolls, and lifting arms above the head.
· Ability to hear conversation and warning alarms.
· Ability to visually inspect small items (parts of tubes).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, kneel, and stand for continuous periods of time
· While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles; heights; loud noise & vibrations; mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate. The work environment may include moderately hot or cold temperatures.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· PPE may be required when performing some job functions, such as gloves, a smock, hairnet, safety glasses, etc.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those required to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Employees will be evaluated in part based upon the performance of tasks listed in this job description. IntraPac has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or IntraPac may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Injection Blow Molding Machine Operators - 3265406
Operation of injection molding machines on a given shift to produce plastic products to specifications, quality specifications, procedures and standards. Set up molding equipment, process, and maintain effective manufacturing to produce parts.
Good mechanical aptitude, knowledge of injection molding mechanics, 2-3 years experience preferred.
Good organization and communication skills
High School diploma or equivalent plus previous molding responsibilities in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Job Functions are the following, but not limited to:
1. Set up molds and machines. Operate injection molding machines to produce specified product to quality and relieve other operators as required.
2. Ability to weigh materials, blend materials or other specified ingredients per specifications or instructions and Load / Dry blended materials in hopper on molding machines as needed.
3. Inspect mold and other tooling for damage or wear and promptly notifies issues to appropriate individuals.
4. Perform in process inspections for defects; utilizes manual gauges or other instruments to inspect or sort molded product.
5. Remove molded parts from machines assuring standard cycle is met and all parts are cleared from tooling after each cycle.
6. Perform other related tasks as outlined by shift supervisor.
7. Ensure that production floor is properly cleaned, maintained, and organized.
8. Assist in training and supporting other employees performing similar tasks on the proper techniques and procedures in order to produce defect free parts.
9. Communicate with the other shifts the status of parts, equipment and any other matters that might have an impact on their job through verbal and written means.
10. Perform other related duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Requires walking, and on your feet for most of the day. Lifting as required lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist.
WORKING CONDITIONS - Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals. Protective gear such as ear plugs, masks, gloves, safety glasses, etc. May be required in specific areas or duties.
Drug Screen & Background may be required
Starting Shifts may be 7: 30am / 3: 30pm / 11: 30pm (8 hr. Shifts and some overtime on occasion)
Equal Opportunity Employer
3Rd Shift- Blow Molding Machine Operator -Direct Hire
What's In It For You?
CKS Packaging, Inc., a leader and growing manufacturer of rigid plastic containers needs new Machine Operators to join the 3rd Shift Team at our Kansas City facility. We are looking for experience and entry-level operators (pay varies based on experience).
What’s In it for You?
- Company driver position with Regional OTR (and some local) routes
- Stable, growing organization with opportunity for future advancement of qualified candidates if successful in supervisory assignments
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid vacation after one year of service
- Excellent medical/dental benefits at modest employee contributions
- 401k participation with Company matching contributions upon completion of one year of service
- Knowledge of extrusion blow molding, one-step molding, reheat & blow, or injection molding processes and equipment
- Experience making adjustments to production equipment processes to change material distribution, weights, heights, and other physical properties/dimensions
- Knowledge of mold change procedures and steps/methods for line changes
- Ability to help train others to improve their knowledge of processing
- Hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting skills are a definite “plus"
- Ability to determine what machine control adjustments to change a bottle’s appearance or physical dimensions
- The job exists to operate machinery to produce bottles to customer demand, and running production up to six days/week is an essential function of the position; therefore willingness and ability to work six days/week on a consistent basis
- Entry level Machine Operator Trainees should have a steady work history with mechanical or manufacturing experience and a willingness to learn.
We invite you to apply to start your career with CKS today!
Blow Molding Machine Operator
- Experience with Bekum, Uniloy, and R&B machines.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of product to standards.
- Adjust machine settings according to product specifications.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, and temperature.
- Keep equipment running by clearing jams, monitor equipment and materials, check production quality and stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, and report malfunctions to management.
- Continually inspect and check product for weight, neck, body, bumpers to ensure they are within specifications.
- Inspect and remove defective product and material.
- Log machine adjustments and pertinent process data.
Blow Molding Operator- 1St, 2Nd Or 3Rd Shift
Want to work in a friendly environment with an established company driven by their core values? Flambeau is in need of Blow Molding Machine Operators for all shifts at our Sharon Center, Ohio location that want to be an essential part our team in providing a quality product to our customers.
Essential Duties: * Interpretation and recognition of quality expectations in order to meet customer quality.
Physical removal of parts & proper handling from any blow molding press.
Insertion of parts into any secondary fixture, operation of any secondary fixture, physical removal and visual inspection of part to ensure process has been done correctly.
Perform written record keeping to ensure quality standards have been met.
Packing, counting, weighing, labeling and moving parts either manually or with automated assistance as required. Required Skills
Effective communication - oral and written.
Basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions).
Ability to understand and follow work rules, policies, procedures and safety regulations. Required Experience
Candidates are preferred to have at least 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably plastics)and a regular work history.
Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or GED in order to be considered. Tracking Code: 216952-942 Job Location: Sharon Center, Ohio, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Blow Molding Maintenance Leader
The Maintenance / Journeyman shall:
The Blow Molding Maintenance Leader directs and coordinates the activities of Blow Molding Section and aids in formulating and administering organization policies, goals and objectives.
1. Operates and coordinates the blow molding machine(s) and provides guidance for maintenance needs to the blow molding maintenance technician(s).
2. Establishes standards and procedures for the blow molding machine and molds / customer specific part changeovers.
3. Oversees blow molding machine(s) process for correctness, high quality and timeliness.
4. Set and maintain KPI targets in line with company production goals.
5. Reviews and analyzes activities, costs and operational effectiveness of all molding operations for progressing toward stated goals and objectives.
6. Development and implementation of a production model aimed at eliminating waste, improving costs and delivery and instills continuous improvement and prevention.
1. The installation, maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair of blow molding equipment; also preventative maintenance on machinery.
2. The formulation and administration of company policies and goals with senior management staff; also writing and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs) and job safety analyses (JSAs).
3. Communicating company policies and goals to ensure they are progressing toward assignments.
4. Ensuring that the blow molding system has the proper resources to support daily operations of the Plant to meet customer requirements; also completing daily maintenance and repair logs; also maintaining Plant records and logs in an orderly and timely fashion; also maintaining and securing work tools; ensure that the Maintenance Department is clean and orderly; ordering tools and machinery parts.
5. Assisting Plant Manager / Maintenance Manager, when required / requested, on all 3rd party and customer audits.
6. Performing back up for assembly line; conduct OJT for new technicians.
1. Communicate, enforce and assign resources to meet company goals and objectives in the Blow Molding Section.
2. Develop and implement a suitable preventative maintenance model for the blow molding system to achieve company goals and objectives.
3. Assist in the development and enforcement of the company budget and capital investment requirements.
1. HS Diploma (BS in Engineering definitely a bonus) or Equivalent Experience and acceptance through the interview process; proficient in writing, arithmetic, document (blue print) reading,
2. 10 Years Maintenance Experience in PET processing with a thorough understanding of Continuous Improvement, Advanced Quality Techniques, Lean Manufacturing and Sources of Waste.
3. Logical fault finding and problem solving skills.
Blow Molding Technician
Essential Job Duties and
- Responsible for mold change and machine adjustments.
- Start up and shut down of machines.
- Operate forklift to replace molds.
- Use Forklift to move molds.
- Conduct minor repairs and change inserts.
- Responsible for the operation, repair, and maintenance of high volume blow molding machines.
- Monitor production quantities for color change, mold change and product completions.
- Execute all activities within the scope of approved procedures and sets priorities necessary to accomplish pre-determined goals.
- Ensure safe working practices are followed.
- Maintain acceptable level of housekeeping by 5S standards in the assigned work area.
- Promote, attain, and maintain safety, quality, and environmental awareness and requirements in the area of responsibility.
- Identify and resolve issues in the assigned cell regarding equipment, machines, personnel, process, training and materials, which conflict in obtaining maximum quality of production and efficiencies.
- Monitor equipment in the assigned cell and write maintenance repair tickets in order to reduce spoilage (scrap), down time and ensure the maximum output of production while maintaining acceptable quality standards.
- Inspect machines hourly in the assigned cell to ensure production of acceptable quality parts to prevent mass production of defective or unacceptable parts (scrap).
- Accurately report daily shift performances, which include but not limited to safety, quality, labor hours, production tickets, scrap, and first part approvals.
- Recommend methods to improve processes and practices, equipment performance and efficiency of operations.
- Must be able to read electrical ladder logic prints.
- Must be able to replace blown fuses and troubleshoot minor electrical problems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot support equipment (grinders, blenders, hopper loaders, and chillers.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements and
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience Minimum of three (3) years of blow molding plastics processing and maintenance experience.
- Experience in machine start-up and shutdown. Knowledge of basic machine functions
- Must have own tools.
Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Able to lift 30 lbs. up to 10 times per day during a 12 hour shift. Able to manipulate tools with both hands and stand for long periods during a shift. Able to stoop and bend. Able to walk quickly and climb stairs.
- Work Environment: Hot in summer months; cold during winter months.
Basic data entry.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Communicate quickly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Tools & Equipment used:
Must provide own tools.
Development Engineer - Injection Blow Molding
Job DescriptionWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.What You’ll Get to Do: As a Development Engineer for injection blow molding, your ideas will bring new products to life as you design and develop process and manufacturing plans from concept to launch.
You’ll be developing a wide variety of new injection blow molded products and playing a significant role in affecting new product introductions. Your expertise in design for manufacturability, plastics materials, equipment and processes will help us rapidly deliver profitable products. You will lead product and process development projects, develop plans that meet specifications and be a key solutions provider.
Make an impact for your career, our customers and the world with this exciting opportunity to collaborate with others like you to drive change, implement new technology and mentor team members. How You’ll Make a Difference: · Process Design and Development: Review product designs to enhance Design for Manufacturability, determine process feasibility and development options, select equipment and tooling. You’ll then work on development plans with mold makers, contract manufacturers, prototyping services, equipment or other service suppliers. · Engineering Project Management:
Plan and execute the broader process development activities within a cross functional team, from concept through product launch. · Detailed Process Development: Develop detailed process development plans by applying failure mode analysis, process analytical tools, design of experiments, sound plastic part and mold design practices. Your final manufacturing plans will meet specifications for product, mold and equipment requirements within project capital and product cost guidelines. · Verification and Validation:
You’ll own and be accountable for FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ activities to ensure process verification and validation for molds, equipment and molding processes. You’ll also assist in maintaining intellectual property rights for new processes. · Partner with Great Coworkers: Communicate with Marketing, Product Development, Industrial Design and other Operations team members to resolve process, mold and equipment details that differ from concepts or new product specifications. Celebrate your process development success and plans as you present at review meetings.
Education · B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Plastics Engineering or related field or equivalent relevant work experience of 8 or more years.
Experience · Five or more years of process development experience with Injection Blow Molded and/or Injection Stretch Blow molded products (blow molding). · Extensive experience with establishing process conditions and solving product quality issues by understanding the relationships of material, product design, tooling, machine and processing conditions. · Experience with evaluating and selecting mold tooling, plastic resins and processing equipment. · Experience with structured process qualifications, design of experiments, data analysis and technical writing is desired. · Experience with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), ISO standards, Lean Manufacturing concepts and familiarization of FDA regulations desired. · Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10- 20% of the time). Knowledge, Skills & Abilities · Excellent technical skills, including demonstrated project management, organization, and planning. · Analytical nature, responds positively to challenges and a problem solver · Responsive, results oriented and task driven · Proficiency in engineering project and resource management, timelines, and capital budgets. · Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. *IND-LPG Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Blow Molding Process Technician
Come Grow With YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc.
We are currently seeking highly qualified Blow Molding Process Technicians for our NEW Manufacturing Plant located in Romulus, Michigan.
We offer competitive wages and benefits as well as the opportunity to join a team where your opinions and ideas matter. We are a Tier 1 supplier of Automotive Fuel Systems.
The Blow Molding Process Technician is directly responsible for:
- Setup and the correct processing of all machines, equipment and/or processes at YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc.
- To ensure that quality parts are produced effectively and safely at all times.
- To contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Setup and operate a variety of material handling, molding, finishing, welding and assembly equipment. Examples: mold setup, welder setup or cutter adjustments.
- Ensure that equipment is operating safely and is producing proper quality parts and meets standard cycle time for each process.
- Monitor processes throughout the shift and effect any adjustments necessary to the process. This would include both production rates and part quality issues.
- Monitor scrap being produced from process and effect changes needed to eliminate root cause of scrap.
- While monitoring process record all required process data in either hardcopy or electronic form as prescribed.
- Maintain and clean machines throughout shift.
- Provide recommendations to engineering about process improvement opportunities.
- Duties as assigned by management.
- Ensure there are no quality or production interruptions or errors due to a lack of giving or seeking information.
- Inform Production Leadership, where necessary, of all events affecting the flow of production.
- Recommend and participate in changes to improve efficiency of the process(s).
- Communicate with on-coming team members with respect to shift performance and scrap.
- Take action to promptly correct or remove all workplace hazards.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
Supervisory Responsibility This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp small items, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms This position requires the ability to lift 60 lbs. on a non-repetitive basis. Must be capable of working on concrete floors for 8 hours per day.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- The Process Technician position is manned on all three shifts, with hours to be determined by shift. The employee must be flexible to work the “off-shift”, overtime, and on-call hours, both during the week and on weekends.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Training or certified in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, mechanical, PLC, robotics and processing
- Computer literate
NOTE: Over 5 years experience in Manufacturing Industry with familiarity with the listed “Required and “Preferred” can be used for the above.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and complex mechanical equipment
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must have valid working documents to work in the United States.
AAP/EEO Statement To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at YAPP USA Automotive Systems. Inc. will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination or harassment in the workplace. YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight, height, familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. uses a proprietary blow molding process for filler pipe systems that enables a reduction in components required as well as improved product quality, for example, fuel filler pipes with molded in tabs and featuring multi-layer conductivity.
Blow Molding Technician
Missouri manufacturer of high quality HDPE, LDPE, PP, PET plastic bottles is now accepting resumes for experienced Blow Molding Technician to join our team. Plastic molding experience is required for this position. Team members responsibilities will be process optimization, troubleshooting, changeovers and preventive maintenance. Weekly production from Monday thru Friday 3 shift operation. We offer excellent benefits and 401K. Wages are commensurate with level of experience and productivity.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!