Blow Up Operator Job Description Sample
Blow Molding Operator / Mechanic - 1St Shift
Responsibilities of the Position
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative
maintenance on equipment.
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Rebuild and fabricate parts.
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Generate parts request to ensure adequate inventory.
- Generate and complete work orders as assigned.
- Perform equipment change-over’s and production line set ups.
- Maintain a good attendance and work weekends occasionally.
- Train all employees on tasks as needed.
- Enforce company rules regarding safety, discipline, cooperation and teamwork.
- Attend selected meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Blow Mold Operator
MAUSER USA LLC has an opportunity for a Blow Mold Operator in its plastic manufacturing plant in Geismar, LA. MAUSER is a leading global supplier of industrial packaging solutions, manufacturing a variety of plastic, steel and fiber containers for a diverse customer base spanning industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical, amongst others. MAUSER is experiencing significant growth – both organically as well as through acquisition – therefore the opportunities for successful individuals can be significant. The Company is also preparing for an IPO (Initial Public Offering) so this is an exciting time full of potential for the organization.
The success of our many production operations hinges on our ability to safely produce quality products, on-time, every time, for our large and diverse customer base. A key component of this mission is our Maintenance department. The talented group of tradesmen we have throughout our production facilities are responsible for ensuring the plant’s sophisticated machinery (i.e. blow molders) and tooling are running properly and efficiently. Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance on all facility machines as well as repairing any machines to minimize downtime. Mechanics are also challenged with performing efficient changeovers as our production facilities shift to various customer orders and SKUs.
Mauser offers a solid and competitive pay and benefits package and a rewarding place to work
Read, comprehend and apply information from product specifications and quality procedures in order to produce quality products that meet customer requirements.
- Communicate with employees on proceeding and succeeding shifts to establish process stability and to ensure smooth transition between shifts.
- Responsible for recording weights, accurate production counts, accurate reject counts and responsible for correct markings.
- Responsible for cutting down, sawing and grinding reject drums in accordance with Company procedures.
- Responsible for housekeeping at the blow mold area including grinders, blenders, filters, testing area and proper storage of drums.
- Maintain housekeeping standards around assigned machine, in production are and around material storage areas.
- Monitor and report quality deficiencies and machine malfunctions.
- Assist in the training of less experienced blow mold operators.
- May operator a forklift.
- Works safely on the job by utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment and using proper procedures.
- Ensure machine does not run out of materials by monitoring regrind and virgin plastic levels.
- Make necessary process adjustments to ensure the quality of container is acceptable, per established guidelines.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Exercise responsibility with equipment and vehicles.
- Clean driving record (no property damage accidents or DUI's within the past 3 years).
- Forklift certification
- Must be dependable, reliable and responsible enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs overhead.
- Vision: 20/20 corrected and normal hearing range.
- Good hand/eye coordination and motor skills.
- Must be able to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
PE Drums: No matter their size, MAUSER PE drums can handle any job you throw at them. Thoroughly tested, thoroughly dependable.
Bottles: MAUSER will surprise you with our great variety.
Jerrycans & Fassetts (R): State-of-the-art-packaging for your state-of-the-art-products.
Medical Waste Containers: Superior Solutions for institutions in the healthcare sector.
Blow Molding Operator - 3Rd Shift
The purpose of an Operator is to ensure that the parts being manufactured and packaged meet customer expectations within the standards set for each job. Associates are expected to learn and understand customer quality expectations through the use of quality system procedures, and on the job training. In addition, each associate must understand the production standards and communicate any variances to the standard to their supervisor. All associates are expected to perform all activities in a safe manner and report any safety concerns or injuries immediately. Work areas are to be maintained in a clean and organized state at all times.Essential Duties * Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude with co-workers, employer, customers and suppliers.
Perform activities in a safe manner.
Must have acceptable attendance record.
Learn and apply quality and production standards to all customer parts that you are assigned to work on.
Must be able to learn and run all Blow Molding machines, parts, jobs, secondary and processes.
Proper removal and handling of parts.
Keep up with established job rates.
Log all rejects and track all production counts.
Ensure customer quality expectations are met.
Assure that good parts are not being discarded.
Assist with on the job training of new associates when they are assigned to your area. Assist the new associates in the proper job specific methods, paperwork and safety concerns.
Ensure that job specific responsibilities are followed and that product is packaged per defined standards. _ _Never package questionable products. Always obtain advice from your supervisor, quality person, technician, or the floor leader.
Must learn and follow all applicable TS16949 quality procedures associated with BMOD production practices.
Maintain a clean work area and perform cleanup work as assigned by your supervisor.
Attend all mandatory company meetings and safety education sessions.
Perform any other duties as assigned. Flambeau offers periodic pay increases during the first two years based on performance evaluations, health, dental, vision, life and short term disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and company discounts. Required Skills
Computer knowledge is advised.
Ability to interpret a variety of gauges and measurement instrumentation.
Use reading and writing, adding and subtracting of whole numbers; direct reading of instruments and similar devices where interpretation is not required.
Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
Must be able to work 3rd shift consistently; a shift compensation premium will be provided. Required Experience
High School Education and/or GED preferred. * Six month manufacturing experience preferred.
Flambeau offers a competitive wage plus medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), life, free access to our onsite clinic, and more!All offers of employment by Flambeau are contingent on completion of a drug test within 2 business days of your offer acceptance and a background check with results in compliance with company policy.Flambeau, Inc. is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Upon hire, Flambeau uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for roles based in the United States.Upon hire, Flambeau uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for roles based in the United States.Tracking Code: 217045-942 Job Location: Baraboo, Wisconsin, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Salary:* 12.20 - 14.55 USD
Multi Blow Header Operator Grd 4
Ayase, 2-die 3 blow national, any multi-die machines OTHER than: 100 Tons, 53 Formax, Multi Blow National The operator will be responsible for learning the skills necessary to maintain production requirements and quality standards. Follow all safety rules.Maintain clean, orderly work area Operate machinery as needed, which will include emptying pans, inspecting/gaging parts, making minor mechanical adjustments.Where applicable, learn to perform minor machine set-ups; including, but not limited to, tooling changes and first piece inspection.Record data for SPC, TS16949 documentation.Move material by operating forklift or using non-motorized devices. Perform minor machine maintenance such as oil changes and tightening of bolts.Performs all other duties as requested by Supervisor or Leadperson.Must be available to work overtime as needed.Required Knowledge and
High School diploma or GED equivalent.Education/training in basic math for blueprint reading, gaging, SPC.Ability to operate personal computer and make data entries.Employer's Job# 48904BRPlease visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Blow Mold Operator
Blow Mold Operator easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$16 - $18 per hour
date posted:Thursday, January 11, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:email@example.com easy apply
apply with indeed
Makes minor machine adjustments when needed. Operator removes drum
Correctly inspects drum/assemble and tests drum/ measure drum and enters data
Complete material change overs
Must be able to lift up to 50 LBS consistently
Some computer skills Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$16 - $18 per hour
date posted:Thursday, January 11, 2018
Blow Mold Operator
MPS Technical is partnered with an advanced, family owned company in Hudson, WI. The Anderson family opened this facility in 1994, targeted towards supplying customers with stretch films, sheeting, tapes, and other packaging supply products.
Our client is seeking motivated Production Operator candidates for this temp-to-hire opportunity.
7am to 7pm (12hr
strong>2nd Shift: 7pm to 7am (12hr Rotating Shift)
· Background in manufacturing preferred
· Ability to pass a drug and background screen
· Able to effectively communicate and interface with other employees
· Wiliness to learn and train in other departments
Production Operator Description:
· Ensure all raw materials, finished-goods, and scrap is accurately documented and organized
· Pursue cross training on all equipment
· Maintain machine and production efficiency and at peak levels
· Place completed rolls / boxes on skids and or tray packs
· Properly seal, label and stack finished product
· Palletize product and boxes and move pallets to staging area
· Operate pallet jack and stretch wrap machine as required
· Separate and mark poor quality product for scrap
· Complete and maintain required logs and records
We work with our candidates to find them the perfect opportunity. We get to know you as an individual and find the position that best fits your needs and desires.
- On average our temp placements become full time employees within three months
- 90% of our candidates state they had a positive experience working with MPS Technical
- 99% of our placements had a positive experience on their assignment with MPS Technical
How do we do this?
- Unique and in-depth screening process to ensure your needs and capabilities are matched to our best opportunity
- In-depth orientation and training prior to your start date to ensure your greatest opportunity for success
- We only work with the best companies to ensure you are working in a safe place with a great employee culture
- We offer benefits including paid-time-off, holiday pay, referral bonuses and medical benefits
- We stay in touch with you continuously during the course of your job search and assignment to make sure you are happy
Blow Mold Machine Operator
Perform all tasks involved in the production of Alpha Packaging’s products. Machine Operators will operate and maintain assigned pieces of production equipment on a continuous basis in order to meet or exceed job standards and quality specifications. The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time and work professionally and independently. Follow Alpha’s standard of Safety, Housekeeping, Quality and Production in an efficient and safe manner as possible. Must be willing to work as a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
On a daily basis will be responsible for assigned production lines to ensure that product is produced in accordance with established quality and product standards. Must familiarize yourself with the daily production goals so they are achieved for each line assignment.
Evaluate and discuss the operation of assigned machinery with the Machine Operator from the previous shift. Will operate and adjust production line equipment, in accordance with established production standards as well as perform preventative maintenance and report any problems.
Machine Operators will perform quality checks on containers to ensure proper specifications are maintained. Document any problems or adjustments made to assigned machinery.
Check and maintain defined levels of all raw materials used in production on assigned machinery. Keep all assigned machines and area neat and clean of debris.
Follows plant specified job specifications and task lists.
3-5 years of experience operating blow molding machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
The work environment is typical of most manufacturing environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually high with ear protection required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
At Alpha Packaging, we are always looking for quality minded individuals who want to contribute to and benefit from our continued growth. We are seeking people who work hard, have fun and make a personal commitment to delivering exceptional results.
Alpha Packaging offers a choice array of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in our industry. From our base salary, incentive package to our 401(k), health care, dental, vision and other plans, we strive to take care of the talented people who make our company great. Come join our winning team and be rewarded for the value you help create.
Alpha Packaging has nine (9) locations as follows:
•St. Louis, Missouri
•Salt Lake City, Utah
•Winona, Minnesota – Technigraph Decorating
3Rd Shift- Blow Molding Machine Operator -Direct Hire
What's In It For You?
CKS Packaging, Inc., a leader and growing manufacturer of rigid plastic containers needs new Machine Operators to join the 3rd Shift Team at our Kansas City facility. We are looking for experience and entry-level operators (pay varies based on experience).
What’s In it for You?
- Company driver position with Regional OTR (and some local) routes
- Stable, growing organization with opportunity for future advancement of qualified candidates if successful in supervisory assignments
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid vacation after one year of service
- Excellent medical/dental benefits at modest employee contributions
- 401k participation with Company matching contributions upon completion of one year of service
- Knowledge of extrusion blow molding, one-step molding, reheat & blow, or injection molding processes and equipment
- Experience making adjustments to production equipment processes to change material distribution, weights, heights, and other physical properties/dimensions
- Knowledge of mold change procedures and steps/methods for line changes
- Ability to help train others to improve their knowledge of processing
- Hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting skills are a definite “plus"
- Ability to determine what machine control adjustments to change a bottle’s appearance or physical dimensions
- The job exists to operate machinery to produce bottles to customer demand, and running production up to six days/week is an essential function of the position; therefore willingness and ability to work six days/week on a consistent basis
- Entry level Machine Operator Trainees should have a steady work history with mechanical or manufacturing experience and a willingness to learn.
We invite you to apply to start your career with CKS today!
Blow Mold Machine Operator
We are currently recruiting for 1st and 2nd shift Blow Mold Operators for a company located in West Bend, WI
1st shift 5:45am-2pm and 2nd shift 1:45pm-10pm
Up to $18.00/hr DOE (temp-hire or direct hire)Responsibility from production to packaging:
SITE Staffing does not accept phone calls regarding any job postings. If interested in a position, please submit your resume for review. If accepted as a possible candidate you will be contacted within 48hrs. We do not contact those candidates that are not invited to complete our application. If you have any questions regarding our postings, we ask that you submit those inquiries via email.
*Equal Opportunity Employer * Defined by Diversity * Accredited Member of BBB*
Machine Operator - Injection Blow Molding
The principal responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician are to ensure that the ISBM (Automa) bottle process and machines are maintained in a preventive fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time. This is accomplished by troubleshooting processes with the ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems associated with process equipment. The Injection Blow Molding Mechanic is responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as high pressure (Air 580 psi), pumps, motors, controls and other components. Responsible for the safe use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools. The Injection Blow Molding Mechanic is responsible to learn and support preventative maintenance skills and tasks as necessary. This position has large growth potential as it is a growing business within the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
Technician is responsible at all times for their own safety and to assist where qualified with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Follow all safety rules and safe work procedures and ensure they are followed by others working in and around the machinery
- Report and follow up on all injuries and near misses
- Actively participate in safety incident investigations
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards and expectations
- Provide leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Follow all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
- Ensure crew has adequate supply of required safety equipment
- First Responder responsibilities as trained for and required
Technicians will ensure that all products adhere to quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
· Lead by example as a quality advocate
· Provide support, as needed, to correct quality deficiencies, e.g. product or packaging defects
· Ensure all work performed meets quality standards
Productivity and Reliability:
- Provide Operational support in running machines at centerline conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Assist operators in troubleshooting equipment issues
- Address downtime issues promptly and effectively
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including identification of contributing causes for non-operating events; work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verify proper investigative actions are completed and root cause(s) are quickly identified
- Maintain spares, as needed, to ensure availability for equipment repairs
- Effectively utilize and maintain preventive maintenance and work order completion documentation
- Closely manage costs and eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel)
- Take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues
- Continuously strive to reduce inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance
- Reduce bottlenecks in operations by addressing upcoming production needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements
Equipment and Facility Maintenance
- Technicians will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure on-going safe, reliable operations. This includes such things as:
- Maintaining housekeeping standards.
- Performing basic facility maintenance including repair of lighting, basic HVAC, etc.
- Monitor conditions of equipment by lubrication and vibration analysis.
- Completing maintenance care responsibilities and initiating and assisting in equipment repair as needed.
- Actively learn equipment, processes, and systems
- Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc., as assigned on a rotating basis
- Actively share knowledge to train/mentor other team members, including maintenance, QA and operations, to foster team member development, including required safety training control systems, troubleshooting capabilities and other skills as identified
· Minimum 4 years injection / blow molding experience
· Tool and Die experience a plus
· Blow molding or stretch blow experience a plus
· Parts or Store Room experience a plus
· Experience with European equipment and machine troubleshooting is a plus
· Ability to work all shifts as needed
- High degree of Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Committed to safety & organizational goals
- A record of stable & continuous employment
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience
- Basic computer literacy with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook)
- Strong service orientation
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required
- Drive and determination to strive for continuous improvement
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year technical degree or 4 years industrial work experience in relevant mechanical field
- Working knowledge of AC/DC circuits and mechanical abilities
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics
- A working knowledge of 480v three-phase and motor controls, control voltages
- Knowledge of HVAC Chillers and compressed air systems helpful but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical problems on equipment and provide timely short-term and long-term solutions
- Overall knowledge and ability in hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to test, validate, evaluate and maintain equipment performance using voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges
- Working knowledge of chilled water systems and high and low pressure air systems
· Due to the proximity of equipment causing electromagnetic fields, technician must be free of prostheses, particularly of a cardiac type (pacemaker) or a metal or similar implant. IntraPac Lawrenceburg cannot offer employment to anyone with these conditions.
· Must be able to perform repetitive bending
· Must be able to lift up to 45 to 70 lbs.
· Possess ability to stand for up to 12 hours, including frequent walking, climbing and use of ladders, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling to change rolls, and lifting arms above the head.
· Ability to hear conversation and warning alarms.
· Ability to visually inspect small items (parts of tubes).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, kneel, and stand for continuous periods of time
· While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles; heights; loud noise & vibrations; mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate. The work environment may include moderately hot or cold temperatures.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· PPE may be required when performing some job functions, such as gloves, a smock, hairnet, safety glasses, etc.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those required to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Employees will be evaluated in part based upon the performance of tasks listed in this job description. IntraPac has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or IntraPac may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!