Boat Hoist Operator Job Description Sample
Hoist Operator 2
Hoist Operator 2 Tracking Code 36720 Job Description Drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. May move materials and equipment using an overhead rail crane or operate a rail car mover such as a Track mobile.
May load and unload semi trailer trucks. Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies. May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank. Responsible for inventory control, tracking and reporting inventory utilizing a materials management system.
May organize and assign storage space utillized in warehousing and moving materials in the departments. Greater knowledge and skill than Hoist Operator 1 in the handling of controls for driving fork lift and/or clamp trucks. Must be skilled in handling controls for starting, stopping, backings, and driving fork lift trucks through narrow aisles in building, up and down ramps, and in and out of railroad cars, trucks, etc.; and, for lifting, lowering, and tilting forks by moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate controls.
Must know how high, wide, and long the fork lift truck and its load are, and how much the fork lift truck can lift. Good special ability to identify how high and wide a doorway and an aisle must be to drive the fork lift truck and its load; how high and wide the shelf, bin, etc., must be to place the load; and how high the load must be lifted to reach the shelf or bin. Must be able to recognize whether the fork lift truck is able to lift the load and whether the load is properly balanced.
Knowledge of the layout of the storage area to be able to find and place items without need for detailed instructions. Skilled in moving fork lift trucks about in places where there is very little room to stack or remove loads. Job Location Seymour, Indiana, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Anodizer / Line Hoist Operator
Syndeo's client is hiring an Anodizer/Line Hoist Operator
Operate automatic line with little or no problems and be able to troubleshoot concerns. Calculate load, voltage and amp requirements and adjust the line controls as needed. Produce quality work while maintaining chemical costs.
- Calculate square footage per load and set amperage to produce quality parts
- Calculate load for barrels, load line, and keep order separate
- Watch hoists, line, and tank levels and temperature of tanks
- Check plating thickness, color of chromate, and zinc throw so as to adhere to customer specs
- HS Diploma or GED
- 5 years experience and/or training or equivalent combination
- Ability to subtract two digit numbers and multiply or divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to perform these operations using units of money, weight, measurement, volume and distance
Hoist Operator 2
The Hoist Operator is responsible for operating all company vehicles (ie., spotting tractor, hoist trucks with fork and/or with roll grab attachments) safely, efficiently and within department guidelines.
Perform preventative maintenance checks on all equipment and complete reports. Report any hoist malfunctions or unsafe conditions of hoist. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: 1.) Movement and storage of various materials (ie., paper, WIP, finished goods, J-stock, etc) throughout the manufacturing areas. 2.) Ensure all manufacturing areas are supplied with needed materials in a timely fashion. 3.) Perform accurate record keeping on receipt, storage and shipment of materials utilizing computer based inventory control systems and bar code scanning equipment. 4.) Effectively communicate with Shift Leads and Production Coordinators. 5.) Load and unload trailers. 6.) Interpret information from job tickets, run orders, AIT's, dispatch logs and shipping schedules to efficiently complete assigned tasks. 7.) Maintain clear and orderly condition of working areas. 8.) Assist fellow hoist drivers.
Required Skills 1.) Effective communication skills. 2.) Ability to analyze information and make good decisions. 3.) Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. 4.) Previous hoist experience preferred. 5.) Good computer skills preferred. 6.) Must be willing to work overtime. 7.) Have exposure to TRAK, WBS and Derby. Required Experience Job Location Lancaster, US-PA
This position includes the inspection and maintenance of electric and mechanical hoists. Applicants must have a strong mechanical background and either experience or aptitude in three phase and single phase electrical circuits. Applicants need to be detail oriented and while this is a production environment working along side other technicians applicants must be motivated/strong self starters.
While we require team members to be self motivated starters we strongly believe in our supporting them and their work environment enabling each member to thrive in our fast paced environment. To that end we support our technicians by providing continued education and tooling in the fields their working in along with competitive wages and benefits.
Overhead Crane And Hoist Service Technician
Industrial Manufacturing – Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
We are seeking an experienced Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician to join our growing team and fill an immediate need. Schweinitz Enterprises is the industry shaping global leader in industrial manufacturing and servicing overhead cranes and other hoists. We serve a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and industrial plants.
A successful Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician will have an electrical and mechanical background, and will have the ability to trouble-shoot 480 VAC 3 phase motor control systems among other duties.
Manufacturing – Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
As an Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance up to and including complex repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes. The maintenance technician will also spend time consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues.
Other responsibilities of the Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician will include:
· On-site visits to customer locations troubleshooting, repairing and inspecting overhead cranes industrial motor controls
· Update and maintain customers bearings and mechanical gearbox systems
· Generating sales leads during service calls
· Completing all appropriate documentation
· Minimal overnight travel may be required to assist other branches and/or to attend training or other meetings
Industrial Manufacturing – Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
As an Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician, you will be required to show a strong knowledge of AC/DC theory, as well as the ability to trouble-shoot 480VAC 3 phase motor control systems.
Other requirements for the Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician include:
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an industrial maintenance environment and/or equivalent military experience
· Hands-on background in the industrial electrical and mechanical fields
· Electro-mechanical maintenance experience in the industrial electrical field (480 vacs, 3 phases)
· In-depth understanding of motor control circuitry and related troubleshooting procedures.
· Industrial Mechanical/Electrician with plant maintenance experience PLUS
· Experience in the inspection, repair and maintenance of industrial overhead cranes
· Willingness to work overtime and on-call rotation is required
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Strong communication skills
• Proven commitment to safety
• Comfort with working at heights
Industrial Manufacturing – Electrical Maintenance Technician
At Schweinitz Enterprises, we recognize and appreciate all of our team members’ hard work and dedication. Therefore, we are proud to offer our Electrical Maintenance Technician’s compensation package.
Benefits available to the Electrical Maintenance Technician’s include:
• Base pay
• Great benefits
• Company vehicle
• Gas card
• Cell phone
• Extensive training
Crane And Hoist Supervisor
Compass Equipment is looking for a Crane and Hoist supervisor for our Denver branch. Position requirements include:
- 10+ years in the crane or hoist industry preferred
- 5+ years of leadership in assembly and disassembly of cranes or hoist preferred
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player
- Tower crane experience preferred but not required
- A general knowledge of crane fundamentals and operations
- Basic trouble shooting skills
- Strong preference of CDL
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to perform crane inspections
- Good understanding or ability to learn how tower cranes and hoists are assembled
- Must not be afraid of heights
- Prefer electrical experience and competency
- Must have good planning skills
- Must be willing to travel overnights on occasion
- Overtime, after hours, and weekends may be required
- Must be able to perform JSA’s
- Experience in hoist maintenance and installation preferred
- Must be proficient at rigging for loading and unloading
- Proficient at paperwork and should be able to write reports and job summaries
- Coordinating of all procedures, subcontractors, compass employees, and tools and materials
Join Our Team! Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition. We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees. As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities! If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter. JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY As a Hoist Technician, you will conduct post rental inspection/check-in procedures, preventative maintenance, troubleshoot equipment failures, conduct annual inspections, repair and recondition swing stage hoist motors to maintain proper and safe operating conditions. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:• Service equipment as required to keep in proper and safe working condition.• Performs safety inspections on equipment.• Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down-time.Maintains a clean and safe shop and/or work environment.• Meets all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements.• Performs other duties as assigned buy the supervisor.QUALIFICATIONS:• High School Diploma• Some trade school desirable.• Previous hoist motor repair experience preferred.• Experience in repair, maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical equipment preferred. • Aptitude required.• 1 year Scaffold Hoist experience• Knowledge of proper use of tools and equipment• Communication skills• Work planning skills• Trouble shooting skills• Personal and professional integrity• Clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety• Flexible regarding work assignments• Safety consciousness• Knowledge of equipment design and safety requirements
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. EOE. Gear up for an exciting career! Sunbelt Rentals is one of the largest equipment rental companies in North America. Backed by a national network, Sunbelt successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt’s extensive fleet exceeds $4.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more. Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus: Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
Climate Control Services
Tools & Equipment
Oil & Gas Services
Pile Driving Services
Pump & Power Services
Remediation and Restoration
Facility Maintenance Sunbelt Safety & Training: Central to our company’s policies and practices is our focus on the safety of our customers and employees. We offer comprehensive safety programs dedicated to scaffolding, aerial work platforms and forklifts. In addition, all Sunbelt employees undergo mandatory worker safety programs administered by location managers and those who operate company vehicles complete a safe driving program. Learn More Why Work Here? At Sunbelt Rentals, we place enormous value on the welfare and commitment of our employees as well as the superior level of service they provide for our customers. All our employees benefit from extensive on-the-job training which is amongst the best in the industry. Our advancement opportunities are why many of our staff remain with us throughout their careers. A career with Sunbelt Rentals means diversity, teamwork, recognition for exceptional performance, and room to grow! We are proud to offer the following benefits:
Dental/Vision coverage + 401(k) plan
Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
And many more Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
QPS Employment Group has a great opportunity available for a Hoist Technician at a company in Des Moines, IA. This is a direct hire position for 1st shift. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:-Repair and inspect overhead cranes, hoists and other overhead lifting equipment-Interface with customers to create service and inspection programs
-High School Diploma or equivalent-At least three years of experience-Previous experience with electrical control circuits for three and single phase power-Knowledge of PLC, mechanical gears and motor repairs is a plus-Able to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot electrical equipment
Crane And Hoist Installer/Fabricator
Brehob Corporation has been serving the Industrial and Manufacturing market for over 60 years with industry leading products and engineering solutions. Brehob is a leader in products, systems, applications expertise, service and repair. We are currently seeking Crane and Hoist Installers/Fabricators for our Indianapolis Crane & Hoist Division location. Requires organizational, structural layout from blueprints, rigging, oxygen/acetylene cutting and welding skills. Must be able to work overtime and willing to work at any height. Ability to work under pressure and a willingness to learn is required. Some out of town travel required.
· Installation of new and used structural steel and ergonomic systems at customer facilities
· Fabrication of structures and cranes
· Stick/wire feed welding
· Oxy/Acetylene cutting
· Bolting and welding
· Use of scissor and boom lifts, forklifts and mobile cranes
· Problem solving and decision making
· Structural layout from blueprints
· Use of hand tools to include wrenches, sockets, hammers, welding hood
· Final electrical connections and troubleshooting as needed
Preferred minimum level of education/experience: High School Diploma
· Working at heights typically out of a lift (average 15’ feet and above off the floor)
· Good welding and cutting skills
Job Type: Industrial
Experience: At least 2 year(s)
Brehob Corporation is a federal government contractor. As such, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Crane Hoist Technician
Crane/Hoist Repair Technician (Carnegie, PA)
Current FULL TIME in-field Crane/Hoist repair position is available for our authorized warranty repair center. We are seeking a reliable field service tech to inspect and repair Cranes; and repair mechanical and electrical hoists. Drug screens and background checks will be performed.
This is a field position leading to a fully trained overhead crane inspector and hoist technician that can complete repair tasks related routine crane maintenance such as adjusting and lubricating to keep equipment running while satisfying manufacturer’s maintenance instructions. Daily on-demand field service, typically for emergency repairs, spare parts, breakdown response and other ad hoc needs for all crane manufacturers in accordance with OEM specifications. This will include the assembly, disassembly, inspection, balancing, and testing of mechanical and electrical hoists in accordance with the manufacturer specifications and company procedures. This includes extensive use of both hands for manual assembly of products as well as manually picking parts from inventory to prepare orders. This individual will work closely with supervisors to meet daily service demands.
• Daylight Hours: Mon -- Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, required Overtime and Weekends
Crane/Hoist Repair Technician Accountabilities:
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment
• Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, quality procedures, manufacturers and customer specification and industry regulation
• Complete all documents related to the work being performed
• Disassemble & repair hoists/motors, modules and all sub-assemblies
• Visually/dimensionally inspect crane/hoist/motor parts
• Balancing and proof testing of individual components and assemblies
• Prepare hoist for delivery
• Work with power tools and machinery
• Training will be provided
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with mechanical/motor repair and detailed work instructions.
• Electrical troubleshooting experience. Formal electrical training a plus.
• Working knowledge in the use of maintenance manuals, parts catalogues and service bulletins.
• Ability to use basic hand tools and able to use both hands for manual repair of hoists/cranes.
• Ability to use and care for precision measuring and torquing devices.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
• Must show a hard-working attitude with an interest in learning.
• Self-motivated and able to complete work-orders without direct supervision.
• Must be available to work overtime and weekends when needed.
• Excellent attendance required.
• Training will be made available for applicants who may not meet all qualifications.
• Must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!