Boat Rigger Job Description Sample
Retail Boat Rigger
Garner NC - Retail
This position is responsible for assuring all boats and ATVs are prepped, clean, and customer ready at all times, while providing legendary customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform prep on all new and used boats, includes, but is not limited to: installing motors, adding accessories, installing necessary add-ons, winterizing, demos to customers, etc. in accordance to department standards.
- Assure visual presentation standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to cleaning and inspection of interior/exterior of all ATVs, boats, motors, and trailers
- Move ATVs, boats, motors, and trailers around interior or exterior of buildings. Assist in loading and unloading of boat and trailer shipments.
- Assist technical staff as needed
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years' Experience
- Strong mechanical background (preferred)
- Must have wiring ability (12 volt DC) Preferred
- Mechanical ability to include skills in trouble shooting inboard/outboard issues (preferred)
- Ability to use good judgment and logic (required)
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid mechanical knowledge and at least six months to one year of experience in the power sports industry.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Pay Grade: 7N
Client is an international inflatable boat dealer representing Brig Inflatables and Fluid Watercraft who caters to the recreational and commercial boating market.
As an Outboard Rigger, you will be required to carry out all aspects of outboard rigging responsibilities including: hanging engines and installing gauges, controls and electronics. You must be self-motivated, punctual, disciplined, and capable of working independently while staying on task. Must be able to listen and take direction. Team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mounting and rigging of all major outboard brands
- Install and repair of vessels 12v DC systems
- Perform basic electronics installations, VHF, GPS, Depth sounder, etc.
- Install and repair of outboard hydraulic steering systems
- Forklift driving
- Taking classes or courses as needed to advance your technical skills
- Inventory control of the materials used for the job
- Keeping the work area clean and presentable daily
- Perform other duties as required by management including overtime during busy periods
- 2 + years of mechanical and electrical experience, preferred
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Certification from an accredited school a plus
- Possess a valid US driver’s license
Pay and Benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal/Sick Time
- Healthcare (beginning in 2018)
- Salary: $18 -$30 per /hour
Boat Repairer Worker A09 (Rft) Marina Boat Docks
Requirements Help Requirements Conditions of Employment See Duties and Qualifications EVALUATIONS: Qualifications Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of mechanical principles to perform the disassembly, examination, repair, modification, overhaul, reassemble of marine engines, as well as the maintenance and repair of auxiliary systems of outboard engines.
Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and experience to various aspects of marine vessel repairs. The employee must have ability to read and interpret work requirements from drawings, sketches and specification documents. Must be able to use measuring devices and precision instruments and to work to close tolerances.
Outboard Motor repair certification is desired. Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs unassisted; over 45 lbs with assistance. Education Additional information GENERAL INFORMATION:
Applicants are assured of equal consideration regardless of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, GINA, political affiliation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, marital status, physical handicap which has no bearing on the ability to perform the duties of the position. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency.
The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. It is Department of Navy (DON) policy to provide a workplace free of discrimination and retaliation. The DON No Fear Act policy link is provided for your review: https://www.donhr.navy.mil/NoFearAct.asp.
As part of the employment process, Human Resources Division may obtain a Criminal Record Check and/or an Investigative Consumer Report. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI). For all positions requiring access to firearms or ammunition, the Federal Government is prohibited from employing individuals in these positions who have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, or a felony crime of domestic violence adjudged on or after 27 November 2002. Selectees for such positions must submit a completed DD Form 2760, Qualification to Possess Firearms or Ammunition, before a final job offer can be made.
Direct Deposit of total NET pay is mandatory as a condition of employment for all appointments to positions within MCCS. Required Documents: Education/certification certificate(s), if applicable.
If prior military, DD214 Member Copy This activity is a Drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace, and Marines, sailors, and their family members have a right to a reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Involuntarily separated members of the armed forces and eligible family members applying through the Transition Assistance Program must submit a written request/statement (may be obtained from the MCCS Human Resources Office) and present ID card with "TA" stamped in red on front of card. INDIVIDUALS SELECTED FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE CHANGED TO PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME AT MANAGEMENT'S DISCRETION WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION. ALL ONLINE APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1159PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) ON THE CLOSING DATE LISTED IN THE JOB POSTING.
Read more How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Your application/resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. This vacancy will be filled by the best qualified applicant as determined by the selecting official. Read more Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Not Applicable SDL2017
Experienced Boat Mechanic / Marine Technician
We are looking for an experienced Marine Technician to join our award winning team. We are an authorized Yamaha (YAMAHA KEY DEALER), Mercury, Suzuki and Volvo Penta service center. We offer a great work environment, top pay and an opportunity to work for one of the top professional organizations in the marine industry.
Job responsibilities include:
-Diagnosing and repairing problems with O/B & I/O engines, marine systems & electronics
-Repairing outdrives & lower units
-Water testing boats
-Rigging new boats
-Installing electronics & accessories
-5+ years of experience as a technician in the marine industry (Experience is a MUST)
-Must have own tools (computerized diagnostics tools are provided)
-Experience with Yamaha, Mercury, and Suzuki outboards and Volvo Penta and MerCruiser stern drives is a plus
-Driver's License & a clean driving record
-Boat operating knowledge & towing knowledge
-Certification is a plus
References required. Must pass drug test.
Upholsterer - Experienced Furniture / Boat
Wanted full time Experienced Upholsterer in the Furniture, Auto and Boat field
will pay top wages depending on experience..
Based on 40 hrs. per week
Boat Captain / Wild Life Tour Guide
We are looking for a Full-Time Boat Captain for our tour. The ideal candidate will be able to share and explain about the wildlife around our tour.
- Must have the ability to work weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of local plants & animals
- Outgoing personality with people
- Ability to communicate effectively with different interest groups on the same tour
- USCG master 50-ton minimum 100 ton preferred
- Experience with large pontoon boats a plus
- Ability to pass background check & drug test
- Must have a drivers license
- Reliable Transportation
- Full time 37hrs to 40+ hrs per week
We are a small privately owned company , offering a fun and challenging low stress job environment. Looking forward to talking with you about this position.
Class A CDL Driver- Boat Hauling
HQ Marine Transport is looking to add drivers!
- Hauling Boats from manufacturer to dealership's/marina's
- Clean and highly prestigious
- Average length of haul is 1,500 miles
- Drivers average $1,200-$1,400 per week
- 10-14 days out with 2-3 days off
- Full medical, dental and vision
- Vacation package and matching retirement program
If you're looking to get away from the every day hassles of dry van or reefer, hauling boats is the change you're looking for! Apply today!
Master Marine is seeking a qualified boat sales consultant for its NW San Antonio dealership to assist customers in choosing from Texas' top selling brands: Blue Wave, Carolina Skiff, Chaparral, Silverwave, Freedom Boats, Fat Cat Boats, Suzuki, Yamaha, Evinrude, and Mercury. Master Marine is one of the top 3 Blue Wave dealers in the nation and one of the top 20 Suzuki dealers in the nation. Enjoyable working environment with great working hours. Must be outgoing, responsible, hardworking, trustworthy, and positive. Must have strong sales experience and excellent customer relation skills. Prior boating experience and fluency in spanish are a plus, but not required. Generous commission based pay, uniforms, and health insurance.
Position summary: Use mechanical and power tools to install and connect motors and accessories on boats or ATVs as per factory specifications or as specified on work orders.
Position responsibilities: 1. Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers. 2.
Rig boat package per factory specifications. 3. Rig boat package as specified on work orders. 4. Notify Service Manager when rigging of specified unit received from manufacturer is not acceptable. 5.
Work in an efficient manner to maintain service schedules. 6. Prepare loose motors or trailers for delivery to customer. 7. Test each unit for proper and safe operation using established marine service procedures. 8.
Notify Service Manager if unit has problems that need additional work. 9. Follow work order procedures for requesting and obtaining parts, performing labor and completing paperwork. 10. Follow work order procedures when requesting parts or performing labor not listed on work order. 11.
Compile warranty packages per outlined process for every unit. 12. Properly complete rigging checklist and assist with inspection process for each unit. 13. Install optional equipment and/or accessories as per customer’s request. 14.
Notify Service Manager when customer’s request may not be possible or may cause a safety issue. 15. Maintain a clean and professional work area. 16. Follow all Company Policies and Procedures. 17. Perform other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed. Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent experience Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability Ability to deal with electrical systems and wiring when assembling engines and connecting all electrical/remote control attachments to a boat or ATV
Communication Skills Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
Physical requirements Able to lift up to 50 pounds Able to stand for extended periods Ability to work in non-air conditioned environment
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers Mechanical ability Bass Pro Shops is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Passenger Boat Captain
We are seeking a Passenger Vessel Captain to join our team! You will be responsible for providing customers with a memorable fishing or excursion experience.
- Supervise and coordinate all passenger activities
- Oversee guest services and resolve issues
- Ensure a high quality, safe and fun experience on the water
- Help train and manage crew
- Operate vessels 50-110 feet
- Adhere to all USCG safety regulations
- Previous experience operating inspected vessels
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent crew management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Party/ Charter fishing experience a big plus
- Must be able to maintain DOT drug screening requirements
- 100 ton CG license a must
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!