Boatswain Job Description Sample
Under general supervision, maintains buildings, facilities, signs and pictures by surface cleaning and application of protective and/or decorative coatings after proper blending and mixing of materials.
99. Prepares interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, signs and equipment for proper adhesion and finish by dissolving, burning, scraping, brushing and sandblasting surface and filling defects with putty and stain using pigments, bases and thinners
99. Applies paint coatings to surfaces with brush, roller and spray equipment to obtain desirable results of color, coating, film thickness, coverage and protection. Mixes colors, aids, and other paint ingredients to obtain proper color or consistency
99. Erects and dismantles working scaffolds to perform required coating application. Rigs structures with swing stages, boatswain's chairs, picks and other standard rigging equipment
99. Positions and operates sandblast equipment including compressors, receivers, water separators, filters, sandblast posts, hoses and blast hoses
5. Uses working knowledge of wallpaper hanging and blending.
Performs other related duties as required
Responsible for conforming to all safe work practices and procedures
Four years' experience in applicable painting trade and thorough knowledge of paints, thinners and lacquers.
Must be able to read and comprehend technical manuals and publications to interpret specifications, troubleshooting and repair techniques and complete required forms.
Must be able to work at heights and have good color perception.
Must possess a valid state driver's license. Specific positions require individual to pass an annual physical examination.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Primary Location: US-GA-Augusta
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: AGS00647
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!