Bobbin Winder Machine Job Description Sample
Elsner Winder Machine Operator
Want to get your foot in the door in the Manufacturing field by learning on an entry level machine or can you already "load, thread, adjust, and inspect" at a quick pace?
Either way, we are looking for those eager to learn or newer manufacturing superstars! Did we mention this is in a climate controlled clean environment?
Kleen Test Products has immediate direct hire openings as an Entry Level Machine Operator in Mequon, WI (greater Milwaukee area).
Let's give you an idea of what type of Essential Functions we are talking about:
- Operate a fabric un-winder / re-winder machine -- that is right, you run it, you adjust it.
- Load and thread material off of an approximately 4ft. diameter x 2ft. roll into the machine's rollers for the unwinding process.
- The machine will rewind the fabric onto smaller cardboard cores making rolls approximately 5 inches x 2 ft.
- Your machine operator job ensures proper loading of the large roll and producing smaller rolls that are within specifications.
- As a Machine operator you will make minor adjustments for alignment and tightness / looseness of the smaller rolls.
- Part of the Machine operator’s work is to document the type of fabric used and amount.
- Machine operator will attend shift safety meeting and ensure cleanliness of work area at the end of shift. PPE is provided and required.
- A qualified applicant will have some experience with mechanical aptitude, ability to adjust machine parts, dials, and switches.
- Feel the need to read! You should have legible handwriting to complete paperwork.
- If you are a superstar, pass those skills on! You should have a willingness to coach and train new employees as needed
- Think twice, act once! Have the ability to apply common sense to solve daily problems as they arise --
- Committed to conduct all work in a safe manner.
- The ability to work independently, however mostly working as part of a group/team.
- Confident in developing relationships at various levels.
- Committed to delivering superior quality products and services -- you will inspect your work, every log.
- Maintain and promote strong work ethics and uphold all KTP policies and procedures.
- Applicants should be able to sit, stand, squat, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, twist, or carry for long periods of time.
Heatset Winder Operator
Work safely with complete adherence to all safety procedures.
Be a committed employee who adds value, endeavoring to make EF a high performance workplace.
Communicate with respect and be a team member who is "easy to do business with."
Maintain the equipment and keep free of lint or dirt.
Maintain a clean work area with materials well organized, using compressed air to blow lint out of the machine at least once during the shift.
Keep supervisor informed of any problems or quality issues, helping to minimize on-going defects.
Demonstrate dependability and consistent, punctual attendance for all work assignments.
Observe and comply with all EF policies and contribute to the EF culture of a high performance workplace.
Superba tunnel, winder, and accumulator process tasks:
Compare the Specification Sheet with the labels at the beginning of each shift and at each product changeover to ensure that all specs are being followed exactly as described on the spec sheet.
Verify that each tube of yarn produced from the winder is compliant with the Specifications Sheet.
Load empty tubes into the Winder, ensuring that the magazine is filled with good quality paper tubes.
Separate and straighten yarn bundle into the thread path from the Accumulator to the Winder
With the air splice tool, join any broken ends, but if the air splice tool hose does not reach, tie a weavers knot with no tail, being sure to restart the machine as quickly as possible
Monitor the thread path for crossed yarns, stopping the winder to correct and assure run ability
Ensure the removal of all stretched or defective yarn from the packages before restarting the winder to avoid streaking the carpet in tufting.
Stack the finished packages as configured on the Specifications Sheet.
Maintain and use tools of the job properly:
Scissors and holster
Snips and/or ring knife
Winder thread comb
Standing more than 90% of shift, moving up and down stairs and throughout the creel area.
Must be able to crouch down and stand to reach posts and tubes of creel rack ranging from 1' to 6.5' high.
Must be able to manually lift and control packages of yarn that weight up to 12 pounds.
Must be able to push a cart loaded with yarn through the creel with a maximum weight of 450 pounds.
High school graduate or GED desired, not required
Must understand instructions in English and respond appropriately
Schedule will be night swing shift (8pm-8am)
Financial Relationship Specialist - Winder
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for candidates with prior Teller, limited banking, or some retail sales experience who are interested in beginning a career with opportunities for growth, development and upward mobility.
At Regions our mission is to make life better for our customers and communities. The purpose of this role is to create meaningful personal connections with customers, identify ways for Regions to meet customer needs, and assist in resolving end to end customer sales and service inquiries. Financial Relationship Specialists are responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience and contribute to improving the financial wellness of our customers.
The successful candidate should be ambitious and adaptable with a desire to educate customers on the ability to bank when, where, and how they want. This requires an individual who is motivated by a fast paced and energetic environment, with the ability to provide personalized customer service.
Provides a consistent optimal customer experience, primarily handling customers' transactional needs, including but not limited to performing teller activities such as deposits, withdrawals, payments, and balancing
Answers customer inquiries regarding products and services, fulfills basic servicing requests, and opens basic Consumer products such as checking and savings accounts
Works to create and establish relationships with customers, remaining well-informed about the customer's relationship with the bank
Educates customers on standard consumer products, emerging bank technology and digital solutions such as mobile, online, and ATM offerings, all designed to make banking easier
Assists branch and fellow team members with achieving goals by assisting with basic tasks to aid in customer problem resolution
Refers customers to an internal team of experts when more complex financial goals and needs are recognized
Achieves required levels of outbound phone calls using generated customer and prospect lead lists to educate customers on emerging technology and assist with meeting their financial needs
Ensures safe and sound banking practices, including adherence to all applicable laws and regulations
This position requires the tracking of time and is eligible for overtime under the non-exempt FLSA classification for hours worked in excess of 40 per week.
This position is incentive eligible.
- High school diploma or GED
Skills & Qualifications:
Ability to assist customers with digital banking offerings
Strong customer focus
Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- 1-2 years prior banking, sales, and/or customer service experience
- 2+ years prior cash handling or Teller experience
Kelly Services in partnership with a manufacturing company in Marathon City is offering full time Machine Operator openings on 2nd and 3rd Shift.
Starting Pay: $14.57/ hr
*Will operates production machinery.
*Set equipment/machinery to required settings.
*Monitors operation of machinery or equipment.
*Determines whether materials or products meet standards.
We are looking for a motivated individual with detail to safety, quality, attendance and also a team player to join our production team.
For immediate consideration call
Quickly Apply at:
Email questions to:
Must be 18 years or older
High School Diploma or equivalent
Manufacturing experience is preferred
Starting wage is $14.57 plus benefits once hired on
Paid vacation in your 1st year
Medical and Dental after 60 days
Life and Short Term disability paid for by the company
Eligible for attendance, production incentives
Services , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100 companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
To setup and operate winding machines and wind a variety of small and medium size power and specialty transformer coils.
1.Works from engineering drawings, specifications, design prints, and manufacturing practices.
2.Setups winding machines and expandable mandrels.
3.Brazes copper leads.
4.Winds single and multi-conductor disc, single and double helix, and layer windings including rectangle, barrel, and elliptical forms.
6.Recognizes conductor pressure points and how to insulate these areas.
7.Builds winding bridges and risers used in disc windings.
8.Refers to manufacturing practices, standard practices, winding prints and bills of material to interpret and obtain the winding form size, conductor size, turns, layers, tape, glue, insulation and dimensions to name a few key items.
9.Adjusts and maintains conductor tension in order to meet coil dimension requirements.
10. Recognizes conductor and winding defects in order to take corrective action including notifying a supervisor as needed.
11. Repairs coils of any type and size at various stages of manufacture and in certain field situations.
12. Provides assistance to the supervisor in on-the-job orientation and training of other employees as well as helps out in other work centers on a temporary basis.
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX Corporation is a leading supplier of highly engineered HVAC products, detection and measurement technologies and power equipment. With operations in about 20 countries, SPX Corporation has approximately $2 billion in annual revenue and approximately 6,000 employees worldwide. SPX Corporation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol, "SPXC". For more information, please visit www.spx.com.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Coil Winder - 2Nd Shift
Coil Winder reports to the manufacturing supervisor and is responsible for operating basic machines and deburring, or light assembly, in an industrial setting. The position works under close supervision, limited decision-making and limited contact with external suppliers or customers.
Communicates information to others about project status, updates, specific instructions, etc. and reviews item status in MRP and ensures item is logged/closed out based on its current status.
Documents non-conformance and dispositions using non-conformance forms.
Cleans and maintains measuring instruments and test equipment; treats and inspects/tests parts (e.g., routed and deburring operations) per applicable work instructions.
Follows all departmental safety rules and regulations and puts on all appropriate safety gear, and clothing/protection required by work activities.
Completes and reviews product paperwork, verifying all paperwork is present and filled out appropriately and complete computer entries accurately and in a timely manner.
Clean and organize the immediate work area.
Interpret and follow blueprints for proper production task completion.
May be required to obtain certification as necessary per function requirements.
May perform tasks related to NDT, machinist, and mechanical assembler positions.
Perform limited preventative maintenance to ensure machines and equipment run smoothly and notify supervisors of production or machine problems.
Verify the calibration of equipment and expiration dates.
Promote teamwork within the organization.
Work Environment/ Physical Activities:
Moderate physical activity requiring agility and dexterity, including walking, standing, or bending; and lifting or moving objects.
Work is performed in area with moderate risk or discomfort that may require special safety precautions, such as wearing protective clothing or gear.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Mechanical aptitude and the ability to use a variety of basic hand tools (e.g. wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, scrappers, box cutters.)
Department Safety Rules: The ability to adhere to department safety rules regarding eye and ear protection, personal protection, hazard labeling, MSDS sheets, evacuation procedures, and emergency phone numbers.
Requires verbal and written communication skills. The position also requires the ability to follow work instructions/order within area of responsibility.
The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice minute inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify, or output information.
The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information.
General knowledge of machines and equipment functionality, and how tools could be used on such equipment/machines. This includes the ability to learn new systems quickly, understanding how parts relate, and how they impact system functionality. The position also requires manual dexterity ort the ability to work quickly with hands.
The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, and optimism for work activities. This includes the ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities, to learn and understand company policies and procedures.
The ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
The ability to perform simple arithmetic computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly, using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Knowledge of how quality impacts the success of the organization including costs to customers, costs of recalls and potential costs due to negative impacts on a company's reputation. This includes taking the necessary steps to ensure quality on a consistent basis and striving for improvement.
The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
Education or Formal Training:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
May be required to pass Near Vision and/or Color Vision examinations.
- No related work experience is required.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Machine Operator - 2Nd And 3Rd Shift
The spark test process is a respooling operation designed to package work in process and finished wires in accordance with product specifications. This is a quality operation designed to detect and remove any product flaws.
- Process all orders in accordance with schedules.
- Set up and manufacture products in accordance with defined engineering specifications and operating procedures.
- Assure quality of all production.
- Record and maintain quality control data for all production in accordance with QC procedures.
- Communicate verbally with engineering, quality control and production control personnel on production schedules.
- Maintain accurate production reporting records.
- Perform routine maintenance procedures on spark test machine.
- Keep work areas organized and clean.
- Conducts training of newly assigned personnel.
- Adheres to safety requirement of position and company.
- Adherence to AS9100 requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Reports To: Cell Mgr / Production Supervisor
Braiding is the process of applying a specified braid/shield material over a core wire or cable. This process is completed by running various types of 16 and 24 carrier machines. This is a work-in-process step in the manufacturing process of various final wire and cable products.
- Process all orders in accordance with schedules.
- Review routing sheets
- Set up, operate, and adjust machinery according to defined engineering specifications and operating procedures
- Move raw and finished product within work area
- Load full and empty spools onto and off of machine, thread wire through machine, splicing/fusing ends together as needed
- Change bobbins on and “thread” braid machines, splicing ends as needed
- Strip/cut wire, feed through machine, and / or connect wire
- Visually & tactilely inspect wire as it moves through process
- Clean and oil machines, replenish oil
- Maintain supplies at stations
- Generate labels, wrap product
- Perform in-process quality inspection
- Maintain documentation / production reports and records
- Assure quality of all production.
- Record and maintain quality control data for all production control personnel on production schedules.
- Maintain accurate production reporting records.
- Maintain equipment required at operator level.
- Adheres to safe work practice requirement.
- Work overtime as duties demands
- Adherence to AS9100 requirements.Marginal Job Functions:
- Receive and store suppliesKeep area clean
- Train other personnel Participate in meetings
- Other duties as assignedPhysical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and read. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves walking and lifting less than 35 pounds throughout the day.Minimum QualificationsHigh school diploma or GEDJob RequirementsMust be able to report on work performed utilizing a computer.Must be able to lift 35 lbs.Must be able to comply with all company policies.
- Medical with low contribution rates
- 401 (k)
- Retention Bonus - up to $1,500!
- 10 paid holidays
- Personal/Sick Time
- Attendance Bonus Incentive
- NY residents who need a ferry ride? We will assist with cost!
- And more!!
Software Engineer Co-Op, Machine Learning - Fall Semester
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week for Fall semester.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the following:
- End-to-end pipeline for annotation, training and deployment of machine learning algorithms
- Services and dashboards for training progress and validation metrics
- Crowdsourcing pipelines for collecting internal and external annotations
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) applications
- Work with product owners and customers on understanding their learning applications, assisting with integration and providing ML expertise
- Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Conduct technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of machine learning experience
- Previous software development experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Image processing
- Creating clean C++ code
- Object-oriented design
- Rapid development and prototyping in Python
- GPU compute
- Familiarity with at least one of the following, or similar platforms:
- MXNet, Caffe, TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Dlib, scikit-learn
Packaging Machine Operator
The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned packaging machines and statistical scales to pack the optimum number of quality packages of product. A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making the very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay's®, Cheetos®, and Doritos® are just a few of the products that you would help us produce in one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
As a Full-Time team member, you would work between 40 and 50 hours per week and overtime may be required. We set industry standards in terms of pay and benefits. We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more.
As a Packaging Machine Operator, you can expect to be working on your feet the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud manufacturing environment. Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are also large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
After training (a process that can last 8 to 16 weeks), here is a list of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform:
You will set-up and operate multiple packaging machines to ensure accurate code dates, weights, and that products are put into appropriate bags.
You will check that products are dated and sealed with a minimum amount of wasted product and supplies.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that products to be packed remain clean.
You will maintain a clean and safe work area. Safety is everyone's job.
You will perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging machines such as cleaning or switching out knives and blades, pull-belts, tape machines, or rollers, depending on the need.
You will wear protective gear when using chemicals to clean and sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another.
You will inspect conveyors and scales prior to line start-ups & changeovers.
You will troubleshoot commonplace problems and make operational adjustments.
Packaging Machine Operators work with every product that Frito-Lay produces, which means you should consider the potential allergens we work with: dairy, wheat, soy, garlic, salt, and particular oils (e.g. sunflower). You should also keep in mind that we make popular spicy snacks, like Flamin' Hot Cheetos®.
Please take a moment to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for this position:
You are at least 18 years of age or older
You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
You are mechanically inclined and can think that way. Having at least 1 year of machine operator experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment would be a good indicator to our hiring team.
It's a physical job: you are able to lift 50 lbs from floor to waist (e.g. a twin-size mattress) with or without a reasonable accommodation
You have basic math skills and can read and write in English
You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant)
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. Do you think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
Good Communicator: you will be interacting with various co-workers, from junior employees to leadership.
Problem Solving: our business depends on us keeping packaging machines operating. You tackle commonplace mechanical issues with machinery and quickly come up with a "plan B" when needed, such as during a changeover or starting a new line.
Efficient: you prioritize tasks while multitasking. For example, you might be changing film on one line as a second line breaks down; meanwhile, a packer is shutting off a line which will require your attention; it is at this point when a manager approaches you and asks how things are going.
Leadership: we trust you to help make sure that everything is going smoothly. You will coach packers and processing operators by providing courteous support and feedback.
Tech Savvy: Frito-Lay is an industry leader when it comes to smart automated technology and tracking production and inventory. Having a comfort level learning new technology will help you thrive in our performance based culture.
High Integrity: mistakes can lead to food safety and regulatory issues which is why all Frito-Lay employees are forthcoming and transparent about mistakes.
Does this sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love and submit your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo (Frito Lay) is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- High School Diploma, GED or 1-3 months related work /training experience required
- 0 - 6 months previous work experience required
What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on basic and routine assignments
Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!