Bobbin Winder Sewing Machine Job Description Sample
Coil Winder - Machine Operator 3Rd Shift
Eaton Power Systems Division is seeking a Coil Winder-Machine Operator-3rd shift. The Coil Winder-Machine Operator-3rd shift will be based out of our North Street facility in Waukesha, WI Primary Functions: Set-up and operate winding machine to produce coils, of various size, to specifications called for on winding sheet, winding diagram and order pouch. Coil conductor configurations include strip, round wire and rectangular wire in various combinations. Essential Functions:
Read and interpret winding specification documents to determine characteristics required for specific coil to be wound. Determine coil number, quantity and revision. Record coil number on coil and on labor recording paperwork.
Determine and install appropriate mandrel device on machine. Adjust mandrel, end plates and/or tail-stock as required by window size specification.
Load strip, conductor and insulating paper to DeReeling mechanisms on machine. Measure materials, make adjustments to machine to accommodate material and verify proper alignment.
Places coil form on mandrel, wraps form/mandrel with paper, positions leads and tapes to coil form / mandrel.
Apply pack out as needed per specification. Repeats for each section.
Folds, insulates and tapes weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of coil body. Winds major insulations, and applies varnish with hand applicator. Operates crimp tool to crimp wire to static shield.
Operates machine regulating winding speed with foot control, aligning aluminum or copper strip to center of insulating paper strip and both to center of coil form and adjusts tensioning devices as required.
Inserts oil rib ducts and other special insulating paper at specified places in coil. Weld aluminum and copper leads as required.
Verify proper secondary coil.
Make adjustments to machine (flattener, traverse and material tensions) to yield desired finished coil dimensions as specified.
Operates walkies and hoist equipment
Determine adhesive locations per reference specifications and apply liquid adhesive with hand applicator at specified locations throughout the coil.
Insert cooling ducts, special insulation and component parts at specified locations throughout the coil
Wind coil sections per winding instructions to specified number of turns.
Braze, or bend taps and leads into coil at specified locations throughout the coil.
Position and insulate leads per winding sheet and diagram(s).
Splice material per specifications as required.
Remove coil from mandrel device by hoist and put aside to pallet.
- Performs daily 6S clean up. Qualifications
A high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience or military technical training
The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered
Minimum of 6 months prior coil winding experience
Minimum 3 Years of Manufacturing Experience
Must be able to interpret prints, applicable engineering, safety instructions, maintenance and operating instructions and quality specifications. We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Sewing Machine Operator
Sewing Machine Operator easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$10.57 per hour
date posted:Thursday, January 11, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:email@example.com easy apply
apply with indeed
description We are currently looking for highly motivated, dependable, and hard working candidates for a very well established and highly reputable company in the Kent area. The position is for a manufacturing company designing and manufacturing quality garments and accessories. This is a temp to hire opportunity. JOB DUTIES:
Places spool of thread on spindle of machine and draws thread through machine guides, tensions, and eye of needle.
Inserts bobbin into shuttle and draws thread through slot in shuttle wall, or draws thread through guide and looper eye.
Presses knee lever, depresses pedal, or moves hand lever to raise presser foot or spread feed cups.
Positions parts to be joined under presser foot and needle and lowers presser foot.
Starts, stops, and controls speed of machine with pedal or knee lever.
Guides parts under needle following edges, seams, guides on machine bed or markings on part.
Observes stitching to detect defects and notifies supervisor or Sewing Machine Repairer when defects are caused by machine malfunction.
Selects sewing supplies such as binding, braid, cord, piping, tape, thread, or welt, according to specifications or color of material.
Cuts excess thread or material.
Measures length or width of article to detect variation from customer or plant specifications.
Spreads article over table or rack and scans article to detect defective stitching, loose threads, color variations between thread and fabric, and uneven seams, corners, pleats, or hems.
Cuts excess threads with scissors.
Marks defects with gummed label or chalk.
Stacks articles that fail to meet specifications on handtruck or table.
- Oils machine. Working hours: 1st shift 7:00AM - 3:30PM
COMPENSATION: $10.57/hr SHIFT: 1st Shift 7:00AM - 3:30PM QUALIFICATIONS: - 6 months of manufacturing experience EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: - High school diploma REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to submit to a background and drug screen
Must be able to provide 2 professional references Interested parties may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to applying for this position. For a complete list of Randstad's current opportunities, go to www.randstadstaffing.com We place qualified individuals with great employers in temporary and direct hire positions. Everyday, Randstad establishes new partnerships with well-known employers recruiting in your area. Let us introduce you! Good to know you! Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$10.57 per hour
date posted:Thursday, January 11, 2018
Sewing Machine Operator – Utica, NY
Produce sewn items from drawings, patterns, sketches, and other specifications, and perform all sewing functions on all equipment, with little or no training or instruction, and ensure that all work meets acceptable levels for productivity and quality.
Participate in the development of sewn prototypes, models, and samples, including deconstruction, pattern creation, sew-complete and related data collection.
Work independently, track quantities produced, and inspect own work.
Sew production operations and quantities when necessary to support customer requirements.
Train and support sewing machine operators and assist in trouble shooting production sewing issues, when instructed.
Perform routine machine adjustments, and notify supervisor of machine performance and/or safety issues.
Participate in time studies, and make recommendations for improvement to production sewing operations.
Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
+ 1-3 years of varied sewing experience, utilizing industry-standard equipment, including but not limited to single needle, surging, tacking.
Able to sit for extended periods of time.
Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks. EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Click Here to Apply for this Position
Sewing Machine Operator
Sets up an automatic sewing machine in accordance with established specifications.
Obtains appropriate sections of shirts in preparation for sewing.
Operates an automatic sewing machine, including feeding material into the machine and examining completed products.
Maintains safety awareness in, and around work areas, observing and reporting potential areas of concern.
Maintains high quality standards as required.
Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required. Skills/Requirements Knowledge Required:
- Sufficiently able to understand and follow directions.
Prior performance of duties in a manufacturing environment is helpful. Skills/Aptitudes:
Attention to detail
Flexibility in task assignments
Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
Normal color vision may be required. Certificates/Licenses Required:
None Working Conditions:
Light lifting; pushing/pulling of carts
Frequent bending and working near moving machine parts are required.
Standing for lengthy periods of time may be required.
Exposure to sewing needle changes and scissors exists.
Occasional extra hours are required. Brooks Brothers is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all. Equal Employment Opportunity We Value and Respect Each Other by Providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Brooks Brothers is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or Associate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and Associates based on any of these protected categories. It is also Brooks Brothers policy to comply with all applicable federal and state laws respecting consideration of employment status and requests for reasonable accommodations in hiring and employment decisions. We expect mutual respect in support of our values and Equal Employment Opportunities. #LI-AC1P #LI-AC1P Apply To This Job
Sewing Machine Repair Technician
We are a local family owned sewing store and sewing school that seeks a competent repair person to allow our store to offer repair service to clients for any make and model of home sewing machine. You will work in an low stress environment and receive paid product training.
If you have experience and are currently working as a sewing machine repair person, please apply for immediate consideration.
We want to hear from you if you like to work with other people, including customers, you love to fix things so that they work, you are excited about offering quality service with a positive outlook, you are hardworking and effecient.
You will also need to be good about following up with clients in a timely manner.
This is a full time/salary position once training is complete. Quarterly raises available based on performance.
Sewing Machine Operator
Heavy Sewing Machine Operator / Light Sewing Machine Operator
Production Production Manager Hourly; Non-Exempt
Full Time; On-Site Monday- Friday; 7:00am- 3:30pm; additional time as business necessitates and directed by management
- Primary responsibilities include sewing cold air inflatable balloons and banners on industrial sewing machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and execute sewing techniques and terminology
- Learn patterns and sewing instruction for assembly of inflatables Develop accurate measuring skills
- Assemble and construct inflatables
- Discuss new projects with Heavy Sewing Supervisor prior to construction of inflatable Comply with all company polices and procedures
- Read Internal Work Orders and apply relevant information Application of glue
- Use of heat welder, box tacker, hand grommet, machine grommet webbing cutter and hot knife Assist in training new employees in proper sewing techniques and construction methods Assist in training new team members
- Collaborate with other sewing team members when needed and directed Be aware of project due dates
- Keep journal of notes on every project
- Maintain proper levels of maintenance and sanitation in and around work area Conduct simple machine maintenance as required
- Understand and comply with all GHS/SDS requirements Demonstrate and encourage safe work practices at all times Perform all duties in a manner consistent with the spirit of teamwork Perform any and all duties as required by management
- Must have some Sewing Machine experience
- Prior experience and/or basic knowledge of sewing techniques Exemplify a "Make-it-happen" attitude
- Posses a strong work ethic
- Ability to complete projects on a timely basis Available for mandatory overtime
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Sewing experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Internal Work Orders and designs
- Ability to read measurements, fractions and rulers to produce a quality inflatable
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 75 lbs.
Sitting, standing, bending, kneeling and stretching are an integral part of this position Use of small step stool
Industrial Sewing Machine Mechanic/Plant Maintenance
The Sewing Machine Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day function, operation, and maintenance of our production machinery used across our apparel manufacturing process, including sewing machines, heat press machines, computerized and automated machines, and cutting equipment. Our mechanic’s goal is to configure machines for optimal production and ensure that they’re in working order to minimize down time and the transition time between production lines.
- Sets up and configures machinery at the start of each production order so the machine is optimized for fabric, operation, and product.
- Adjusts machinery as needed to support quality and production targets.
- Conducts daily preventative maintenance and repair program to reduce machine downtime.
- Assists with ordering, building, and/or installing equipment and configurations using guides and attachments to allow operators with different abilities to perform on such machines, and reduce operator handling.
- Recommend necessary upgrades and specialized machinery to enhance production efficiencies and reduce production costs.
- Coordinates contract maintenance and repair subcontracts when necessary.
- Leads safety-first culture and helps implement and ensure safety procedures are used throughout production facility.
- Works according to safety procedures including lockout/tag when repairing and working on machines.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for all equipment assigned. Order machine parts, equipment, and configurations when approved.
- Test and document operation of installed machine safety devices and guarding as per documented procedures.
- Maintain logs of all repairs and preventative maintenance in accordance with our Klear Vu requirements
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical problems in machinery and equipment.
- Assemble, dismantle or reassemble machinery and equipment as necessary.
- Other duties and tasks as needed to support production, quality, and safety goals.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of basic electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Experience implementing safety policies and procedures
- Experience working on industrial sewing machines
- Track record of continuous improvement and teamwork
- Shares our culture of problem solving, our belief that empowerment is good for business, our commitment to collaborative leadership, and our willingness to roll our sleeves up.
- Knowledge of single needle, overlook, bar tack, and programmable automatic machines.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance.
- Full time hourly. Hours of operation M-F 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Compensation based upon experience
- Health insurance provided.
Mechanic: 5 + years
651 Orchard Street, Suite 106
New Bedford, MA 02744
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator will be responsible for joining and hemming large HDPE (high density polyethylene) shade fabrics, ranging from 10'x10' up to 60'x60'.
Daily tasks would include but not be limited to sewing, measuring, cutting,etc.
Must be able to work in non-air-conditioned warehouse environment.
Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, overtime may be required.
Hourly pay determined by past experience. Room for advancement and benefits after 90 days.
Shade Systems is a Drug Free Work Place. Applicant must pass a typical background check as well as drug screening upon hire.
Warehouse Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Advantage Resourcing is Hiring Warehouse Sewing Machine Operators Full time Temp to Hire.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to sew as a hobby but don't have experience? Well this is your opportunity. We train!!!!
1st shift:6am - 2:30pm M-F
- Sewing garments with a single needle thread. Working off of a monitor.
- Must know how to read a tape measure or yard stick.
- Sewing logos and striping on garments
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background check
Fun Facts once hired on
Company discounts with
- The North Face
- Microsoft Office for home use
- General offers- save on travel, flowers and lending services
- Cell phone carriers- AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS APPLY TODAY:
2720 Old Lebanon Road
Nashville, TN 37214
Application is completed at the Advantage Resourcing branch at:
2720 Old Lebanon Rd. Nashville, TN 37214
Sewing Machine Operator (Seamstress)
We are a established Aerospace Company manufacturing parts for aircraft interiors. Our seat cover division is growing and we are looking for qualified people with upholstery experience to aid in our growth. We have high level of engagement with our customers, suppliers and team. If you want to work within an environment where you are recognized and rewarded for your hard work, we would love to talk to you.
- Experience in industrial sewing and preferably in cover sewing, over-lock and flat-lock stitch.
- Experience with sewing leather preferred. Examining products or work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to show initiative and work with little to no supervision.
- High level of attention to detail and organization skills.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious.
- Comfortable working in an environment where quality is number one.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience and knowledge of sewing with industrial machine, preferably leather.
- Experience using twin needle machines a plus.
- Experience using a post stitch machine a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be one that is driven and motivated, enjoys working in a team environment.
- High School or equivalent
- Spanish Speaking preferred
Founded in 1974 manufacturing superior quality foams, we have grown organically, adding to our expertise with the addition of advanced thermoformed plastic parts before finally integrating soft cover materials with seat covers in 2010.
Based in Lake Elsinore, Southern California, our 150,000 square feet, state of the art facility houses vertically integrated manufacture of aircraft foams, seat covers and thermoplastics. Everything is designed and manufactured in one facility.
Design and development is a core part of our business, providing genuine solutions that are tailored to fit OEM seating products. From initial sketching to 3d Renders through to the final product delivery. Our final product always exceeds customer expectation.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!