Body Maker Machine Setter Job Description Sample
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics.
The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects.
They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 40,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.4 billion in 2015.
Auto req ID 70566BR
Job Description Reporting directly to the shift supervisor, responsible for the overall quality and production output of dedicated machines. Act as “Cell Lead”, providing direction and training to machine operator as needed. • Conduct “preflight” checklist items at beginning of each shift to have machine at maximum efficiency to include: Check fluids and maintain fills as needed Inspects all fixtures and datums at beginning of shift and make repairs as needed Perform Quality checks per established Control Plan at beginning of each shift monitor gauges for calibration. Analyzes results of CMM reports and reacts accordingly (using proper understanding of machine tooling), up to and including radius comps and tool monitoring systems. Use DataPage to Analyze SPC data from CMM reports and reacts accordingly Ensure correct materials is staged and ready Ensure 5S standards for each machine are met and maintained • Conducts tool changes, evaluates tooling wear or breakage issues, stages tools for upcoming tool changes per specified instruction and periodically reviews information with engineering. Confirms tooling instructions remain current. • Coordinates product flow to and from machines, communicates with material handlers regarding upcoming changeovers and monitors material characteristics (rust, correct labeling, etc.) • Approves completed production quantity as described by Inspection Plan • Conducts machine/product changeovers with assistance of operator as requested • Responsible to troubleshoot and repair minor mechanical and automation issues to assigned machines including the change of coolant filters. Issues work orders into Maintenance System for repairs beyond scope of Setter. • Become involved in Preventive Maintenance activities by monitoring fluids and lubricant usage levels, detecting leaks or breaks to equipment. Support maintenance as requested. • Evaluate and dispositions all scrap at end of shift. • Compliance to all Continental and Henderson plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, TS 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements. • Verify all safety devices are in place and remain in place, are operational. Inspects work areas for potential safety hazards. • Immediately communicates production nonconformances to Supervisor and Quality representative. Actively engage in 8D problem solving teams to resolve customer issues. Ensures conformance to all Quality procedures, alerts and operator instructions remain current. High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
Job Requirements High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Tool Maker / Machine Builder
Tool Maker with 10+ years' experience +
Machine Building Experience.
• Studies blueprints to determine machining to be done and plans layout and assembly.
• Must own basic tooling for job function.
• Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock to lay out for machining by other workers.
• Operates mills for material removal/sizing.
• Operates drill press to drill and tap holes in parts.
• Operates saws for cutting and shaping of material.
• Smoothes and scrapes parts to fit.
• Must be able to perform basic lathe functions.
• Positions and secures parts on surface plate.
• Assembles parts into product and verifies dimensions and alignments.
• Sets up and operates surface grinder to grind surface of parts.
• Tests assembled mechanism.
• Verifies compliance of personnel tooling and equipment.
• Responsible for cleanliness of work environment.
• Responsible for his or her own safety as well as the safety of others around him or her.
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or 7-10 years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Negotiable, based on experience.
Excellent Benefit Options Include: Life, AD&D, Medical, Dental, Dependent Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays, Tool Purchase Program, Etc.
As a Third Generation, Family Owned and Operated business, the Kaspari Family continues to support customers with the highest level of Customer Support, through Engineering Assistance, Prototype thru Production Manufacturing Services, Product Quality Support at all levels and most of all, Quality Products, supplied at a Fair Price, always delivered on time.
EDM Machine Operator- Tool And Die Maker
EDM Machine Operator- Tool and Die Maker easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$40,000 - $45,000 per year
date posted:Wednesday, January 17, 2018
questions:email@example.com easy apply
apply with indeed
Program, set up, and operate Wire EDM machines
Inspect parts produced
- Perform routine machine maintenance Working hours: 8am-5pm
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Perform the four basic arithmetic operations with coins as part of a dollar. Perform operations with units such as cup, pint, and quart; inch, foot, and yard; and ounce and pound. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables in or from these situations encountered on the job. Computer
-When applicable ability to ready computerized panels and/or operator a handheld electronic device. Other
This position requires specific knowledge in the following areas to be successful: --Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. --3-5 years experience in EDM Machine Operating Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$40,000 - $45,000 per year
date posted:Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Tool Maker 1St Shift - Machine Shop - Automotive Spring Manufacturer
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, set ups and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to make and repairs dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools. Average work hours per week 40-48.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Make HIGH TOLERANCE tooling and die components from scratch using standard tool room equipment- Bridgeport Mills, Engine Lathes, Hand Surface Grinders, Shapers.
2. Build trim dies from design prints.
3. Manage production tool inventory for spring machines.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years experience using Bridgeport Mills, Engine Lathes, Hand Surface Grinders, Shapers.
- Read and interpret blueprints for parts to be manufactured as well as tooling to be built.
- Successful completion of Background Check and Drug Screen at time of job offer.
Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, 401k w/matching.
Job Type: Full-time- 1st Shift
DAYCO's contributions are integral to how people get from place to place, goods are transported, food is harvested, and infrastructure is built. The company operates according to long-held values and keeping promises, delivering on time all the time, and an intense commitment to service no matter what the obstacles. For more than a century, Dayco has overcome challenges, emerging stronger and smarter at every turn.
Dayco improves how the world moves by creating products, systems and relationships that endure.
Experienced Manual Machinist / Tool Maker - Machine Shop
Experienced Manual Machinist / Tool Maker - Machine Shop at Decatur Industrial Electric Decatur, IL Union positions up to $25 hour are available for highly qualified machinists. Plus, great retirement and benefits plan.
Frequent overtime also available. Suggested Training/Knowledge/Experience: Manual machining (2 years) Metal work on manual engine lathes Mechanical repairs (welding, boring, and some fabrication) Read from complicated blue prints, sketches, or detailed written instructions Be able to machine with minimal error and hold machining tolerances within. 001 Adhere to quality assurances procedures and processes Mechanical and electrical aptitude We currently have openings on our second shift (M-F –
Press Brake Setter Operator
- Setup and document tooling for Amada Brake Presses
- Verify accuracy of machine settings to meet specified tolerances
- Completes all required safety procedures prior to and during operations
- Communicate with management, quality, and other shop personnel for assignments
- Must be able to work from drawings
- Operators will be required to maintain cleanliness of machine and work area
- May perform other duties/tasks required by management
Cell Technician/Production Setter
The Cell Technician will be responsible for systematic problem solving and troubleshooting of molding and assembly equipment using strong mechanical ability, effective communication skills and demonstration of leadership skills.
Setup & Preventative Responsibilities
- Start-up and shutdown of molding and assembly equipment in accordance with procedures.
- Changes molds and assembly equipment in accordance with the production schedule (KANBAN System).
- Changes molds/assembly equipment to provide consistent part quality protecting company assets.
- Documents all molding/assembly setup and supports recording of downtime.
- Prepares molds and/or fixtures for storage at the completion of a production run.
- Notifies Manufacturing Supervisor and/or Maintenance of downtime issues.
- Tags tools/fixtures according to the tool repair and maintenance work order procedure.
- Keeps the Manufacturing Supervisor advised of recurring problems existing in the production area
Systematic Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoots process-related concerns while adhering to setup documentation to maintain consistent quality and production requirements.
- Identify product or process defects in molding and assembly.
- Performs duties as an Operator, Material Handler or back-up Manufacturing Supervisor when requested by Maintenance Engineer or Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Provides and assists in giving direction to production employees in regards to work assignments.
- Practices good housekeeping techniques in keeping all areas of responsibility clean, organized, safe and hazard free.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent preferably with vocational education training in skilled trades or other related discipline;
- 2-4 years of experience working with injection molding machine set-up and processing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Must complete New Employee Orientation and Quality Systems Overview training in addition to any training identified by department management.
- Must have the ability to conduct root cause analysis and present alternative solutions and make repairs and/or adjustments to correct problems.
- Ability to make informed decisions to satisfy internal and external customers.
MOLD SETTER – MT. CLEMENS, MI AREA – FULL TIME
Full time permanent position 40 to 55 hrs per week. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Salary range -- $14 to $20
Strong and growing company in the injection molding field – medical devices and automotive related.
Position will be preparing injection molding machine (IMM), auxiliary equipment and setting mold into IMM. This includes setting barrel heats, process (when available), robot, end of arm tooling (EOAT), nozzle replacement and any connections (water, air or hydraulic) lines. Pulling existing mold from press and place all equipment not used into proper location. Fill out all necessary paperwork.
Work experience requirements:
· Resin Handler Experience, Mechanical aptitude.
· Experience with ISO9001 and QS9000 requirements.
· Experience with Injection Molding Machines and mold setting.
· Familiarity with mold and mold functions.
· Knowledge of resins and tooling.
· High School Education or Equivalent (GED);
- Safely and best practices on mold setup.
· One to three months on the job training; is required for the assignment.
· Good disciplinary standing is a must to be considered for position or training.
- Read operator and setup instructions. Fully understand the function of the mold, such as hydraulic core sequence, water diagram, etc.
- Setting barrel heats, after ensuring that IMM is purged out of previous material.
- If available, enter process into IMM and robot.
- Clean mold’s back plates (clamping surface) and platens before and after each mold change.
- Installation and removal of molds in accordance to the established procedures.
- The use of the crane in accordance with the established procedures.
· The installation of all related connections needed for a mold change.
o The installation of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical signals, hot runner, RJG, cores, without damaging them, verifying for leaks and proper signal relation.
- If available, follow water line diagram, if not available fill out water diagram.
- Ensure all water lines are connected, flow verified and safety locks installed.
- If needed hydraulic and/or pneumatic lines are connected and tested for proper function.
· Maintain a safe and clean working environment for all employees by performing your assigned duties
· Complete required paperwork and any necessary documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
· Maintain all working areas to be free of any trip hazards, removal of all the unused component from the surrounding area of the IMM when completing the mold changes.
o Included are all the related components clamps, screws, hoses, washers, EOAT, etc.
o Clean up of water and oil around IMM, including all hand prints wiped off of all surfaces,
Tool And Die Setter
SRG is hiring for a Die Setter for 2nd shift at JNM in Glasgow KY. MUST HAVE DIE SETTING
Pay: $18.00 to $22.00
The Die Setter is responsible for ensuring efficient changeover of die setup in the safest manner possible. The die setter must have hoist & crane operation certification, a lift truck license, and must work well in a team environment. You will be responsible for independently completing coil changes and set up of coils in presses. The die setter must have a clear understanding of die set up and tear down procedures. This position requires endurance and size to bolt down dies and follow die setup sheets.
· Proper set up of dies in press
· Removal of die from press
· Set up of End of Arm Tooling
· Adjustments to tooling
· Proper completion of press sheets
· Assisting with Machine Repair
· Work on press as an Operator when required
· Uphold all health & safety rules and regulations per JNM/WMT Health & Safety Manual and Ontario’s Occupational Health & Safety Act
· Uphold all employment standards, company policies and procedures
· Prompt and regular attendance and working all assigned hours
· Perform any other duties, as required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid forklift license
- Hoist and crane operation certification
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with stamping presses
- Competent in die setup and change overs
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Required skill and knowledge of die setting trade
- Ability to trouble shoot stamping dies in a stamping press
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Strong problem solving skills
- 44 - 60 hours per week as scheduled
- Day, afternoon, midnight and weekend shifts
- Plant Environment
- Exposure to loud noise.
Want to learn more about SRG? Please copy and paste the link below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE71XbgmUo
Job Type: Full-time
Mold Setter - 1St Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for all mold changes.
· Responsible for the proper set-up of all molds and related functions such as watering of the mold per work instruction.
· Maintain the orderly appearance of the mold storage area and mold setting supplies including the removal of supplies from the molding machine and immediate area.
· Ensure all paperwork is complete, submitted and filed in a timely manner.
· Assist with start-up of presses as required.
· Perform Barrel scrub for material changes.
· Responsible for cleaning and storing trays.
· Ability to start up job after mold change.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Assist in relieving the MIM operators when required.
· Maintain high standards of housekeeping and safety in respective environment.
· Ability to read, understand and interpret work instructions per specified job.
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing, 5S and quality practices preferred.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills.
· Mechanical aptitude and strong math skills preferred.
· Must demonstrate the ability to self-motivate and work without constant direct supervision.
· Demonstrated skill in working with a variety of hand tools.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!