Boiler House Inspector Job Description Sample
Boiler Inspector I - II Houston
The Inspector is selected by and responsible to the Chief Boiler Inspector, Compliance Division and performs advanced inspections for the Boiler program to ensure compliance with the law, rules, and regulations. Duties include scheduling, conducting, and documenting in-service boiler inspections and re-inspections; recommending and verifying corrective action for non-compliances; providing technical assistance to other inspectors; disseminating information; and performing other duties as needed to maintain operations.
Work is performed under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the Use of initiative and independent judgment in carrying out inspection activities. The selected candidate is responsible for their own internet connection at home. *The position will be home based and will conduct inspections in the Houston area.
Boiler Inspector - National Board Certified
Blue Stone Solutions is a Federal Contractor located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
We are seeking a Boiler Inspector that is certified by the: National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
Great Pay: DOE
House Keeping Inspector
Job Summary This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts. Location: Malvern Pennsylvania Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an EEO/AA/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans Employer.
Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Our People are the Key to our Success Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company with over 430 hotels and 76,000 rooms located throughout the United States and around the world. Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry and promises a bright future for our hard-working associates building their careers with us.
Senior Boiler Engineer
Develops plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports on assigned tasks involving operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Technically involved in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, performing design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project. Primary Duties:
Performs visual inspections of power boilers and ASME BPVC equipment.
Provides subject matter expertise and recommendations for the maintenance of power boilers.
Manages multiple projects and associated budgets, schedules and resources.
Provides guidance to the generating fleet for boiler Code Repairs.
Maintains Quality Control Manual, associated documentation and repair reports.
Performs Quality Control duties and responsibilities.
Creates and updates engineering standards, policies, guidelines and ensures procedures are in place for compliance with these policies.
Communicate with regulatory bodies and government agencies.
Acts as a resource and mentor for members with less experience, may direct the technical complexities of work.
Provides technical presentations to staff.
Functions as quality inspector or defines quality requirements on engineering designs and projects.
Assures that all design specifications conform to the latest national and local codes, rules and regulations.
Reviews and critiques proposed changes to engineering standards, policies and guidelines.
Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
Conducts surveys to gather field data.
Prepare and interpret schematics, drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
Prepares engineering analysis for small/routine projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
Assists upper level engineers as directed while developing specialized engineering skills.
- Supports company safety programs and initiatives by following all EHS and Operating procedures and adhering to established design standards.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or PE.
Five (5) years directly related experience as an Engineer.
- Valid State Driver's license.
Current American Welding Society Welding Inspectors Cretification (CWI)
Seven (7) years of documented experience in the weld inspection field within the last ten (10) years.
Experience working with and preparing welding procedure specifications (WPS) and procedure qualification records (PQR).
Experience testing and certifying Code welders to ASME BPVC Section IX.
Experience with SAP. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience referencing and interpreting ASME BPVC, NBIC and other ASME Codes.
Able to communicate effectively in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout the organization and outside professionals.
In depth knowledge and experience in multiple engineering initiatives.
Able to work without supervision and make independent decisions.
Strong project leadership skills.
Ability to work within stringent deadlines.
Able to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities.
Interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities.
Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills. Working Conditions:
Requires travel, including travel to fleet-wide power facilities.
May be required to work overtime, non-standard hours, holidays, and schedules to include on-call and call-outs.
May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
Required to work at heights up to and exceeding one hundred (100) feet, underground and in confined spaces. Job Location Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Boiler Service Technician
Primary responsibilities are the start-up, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of industrial water tube and fire tube boilers. This position reports to the Service Manager and President of Power Mechanical, Inc. Essential Duties and
Start-up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide range of industrial boilers.
Provide emergency field service for boilers.
Perform mechanical, electrical and combustion troubleshooting and repair of industrial boilers in the field.
Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required start-up, maintenance and repairs.
Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments in the field.
Operate and maintain various field instruments to perform job functions.
Ensure high level of customer satisfaction while in the field. Keep customer informed on the nature of the service provided and of outstanding issues. Recommend repairs to the customer as necessary.
Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those or any unusual situations to proper supervision.
Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
Manage assigned work proficiently to meet schedules and customer expectations.
Interface with service manager, project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
Provide training and assist customer to develop operating procedures for boilers.
Compile job documentation such as service reports, certificates of completion, customer training forms and punch lists. Qualification/requirement:
Combustion and mechanical proficiency to troubleshoot problems.
Familiarity with or ability to learn industrial PLC control systems.
Good math, writing and communication skills.
Excellent computer skills.
Significant travel in North America is required. Education/Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Technical training: must have industrial boiler or electrical/mechanical experience.
2+ years of related experience in the service or maintenance of industrial machinery with PLC control systems.
Ideal candidate will have Fireye E-100 or Honeywell 7800 experience plus Allen Bradley logic experience. Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Capability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Capacity to properly handle confidential information and records.
Aptitude to analyze information in order to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Ability to handle adverse situations in a professional manner. Physical Demands:
Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times. You will quickly become knowledgeable in our industry as you progress. We focus on character and adaptability so the applicant must have a professional demeanor, be punctual and easy to get along with yet focused and self-driven. This position is subject to a background check, to include criminal, credit and motor vehicle review. Power Mechanical, Inc. maintains a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our company, go to www.powermechanical.com or visit our social media sites at: www.youtube.com/powermechanical www.facebook.com/PowerMechanical Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
Boiler Operator (Experienced Swing Shift)
Job Description Kelly Services is currently seeking a licensed Boiler Operator for our client located in Fieldsboro, NJ. Hours: 12 hour rotating shifts. 4 days on, 3 off, then 3 on, 4 off.(7a-7p & 7p-7a) Location: Fieldsboro, NJ Duration: Contract Pay: $29 \hr. Boiler Operator essential duties: - Safely operate the two boilers to maintain a continuous steam supply to the plant
Maintain boiler feed-water chemistry which is critical to safe and efficient boiler operation
Operate the Fenton reactor to treat wastewater from the vacuum neutralizer
Load wastewater trucks to dispose of site wastewater
Assist with boiler house maintenance to reduce the need for maintenance mechanics
Monitor boiler and Fenton chemical inventories to maintain necessary supply chemicals
Monitor wastewater inventory and schedule trucks to ensure that wastewater accumulation does not force a plant shut down
Monitor Fuel inventory and consumption to maintain continuous boiler operator Boiler Operator qualifications:
Must have boiler license and Black or Blue seal
Must have 2+yrs. experience (manufacturing industry preferred)
Must be able to work 12 hour swing shift For immediate consideration, apply today @ Kellycareernetwork.com OR email your resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org!
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
High Pressure Boiler Operator
HIGH PRESSURE BOILER OPERATOR
ProFusion Industries a highly regarded manufacturer of extruded plastics and industrial films is seeking a High Pressure Boiler Operator to join our team in Marietta, Ohio. As a High Pressure Boiler Operator you will be responsible for the daily operation of our power house including the maintenance of boilers and ancillary equipment in a three (3) shift production facility.
The successful candidate for this position must have the following minimum qualifications:
· A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
· A State of Ohio High Pressure Boiler License or above.
· 5+ years of experience in an industrial environment with hands on knowledge of boiler operations, air compressors and pneumatic systems, water pumps and systems, along with the maintenance of such systems.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and technical manuals.
· Electrical skills up to 480 volts, welding, lubrication and mechanical skills are a plus.
· Ability to work a schedule that includes rotating shifts and days off.
· Must be able to work safely without direct supervision in a drug free work site.
ProFusion Industries offers a starting pay of $21.28 per hour. Upon completion of 90 calendar days, new associates will be eligible for health insurance benefits. After completion of 950 hours worked, associates will have their pay increased to $23.60 per hour and become eligible for additional fringe benefits.
Stationary Engineer / Boiler Room -Direct Hire
Location: Montgomery, IL
Hours: Rotating 4:00 p.m.- 12:00 a.m. and 12:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m.
Job Description: Direct hire opportunity within one of our manufacturing clients! The Operating Technician is responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective operation of equipment in a toiletry manufacturer's Boiler Room operations.
- Operate and maintain boiler steam load demand, boiler burner equipment, fuel handling equipment, and boiler feed water equipment; operates boilers in accordance with applicable NFPA standards. Operator acknowledges and takes corrective action in response to all central system alarms.
- Operates and maintains air compressors, air dryers and related equipment in order to maintain uninterrupted service of instrument air and plant air, taking necessary readings, data and logging same.
- Maintains process equipment and coordinates maintenance and repairs. Performs minor maintenance repairs to equipment to ensure continued operations.
- Operates and maintains emergency electric power generator in an operating condition, is responsible for transfers of boiler house and respective boilers to emergency power operation in the event of power failure and transfer back to normal operation when power is restored. Keeps necessary records on emergency power generator for maintenance purposes and logs fuel level and other prescribed data.
- Operates, maintains, and performs water tests on all water treatment processes and facilities required for the supply and treatment of boiler feed water and condensate; changes chemical treatment accordingly, and adds correct chemical dosage, logs chemical charge and all pressures, temperatures, meter readings, etc., required for proper operation of the boilers.
- Performs water test on potable water system and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Observes and records pressure, temperatures, makeup water, and condensate return and fuel consumption, and records logs.
- Performs all lubrication, flushes, drains and changes oil in all equipment operated by the Stationary Engineer on a routine basis, or as directed by the Supervisor.
- Performs pump line changes, chemical hook up acid flushing on facilities that are operated by the Stationary Engineer on a routine basis, or as directed by the Supervisor.
- Remains on duty until properly relieved.
- Performs general manual labor work.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, utilizing safety practices and procedures required and applicable law (e.g. OSHA, EPA, etc.), personal protective equipment, and reporting procedures. Reviews all pertinent safety material before conducting new assignments.
- Monitors for, and reports unusual occurrences to management.
- Maintains all equipment and facilities in a clean, orderly and operating condition.
- Trains other employees as required.
- Assists Operations and Maintenance as required.
- Completes work orders as required.
- Must maintain skills training as required, regulations and permits.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management. No task or duty is exclusive to a classification or skillset. An employee working in this classification is expected to perform various duties and tasks that traditionally may not have been assigned under a more narrow job classification.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have three years on-the-job experience as a stationary engineer
- Ability to perform water chemistry tests, and follow proper chemical usage, and handling procedures in accordance with their Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to work a rotating shift and holidays
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Experience working with computers, instrumentation equipment, and control systems
- Experience with steam turbines a plus
- Experience working with Foxboro, Allen Bradley PLC, and HMI a plus
- Knowledge of PID control loops a plus
- Experience operating RO water treatment a plus
- Potable water treatment license for non-communal and non-transient potable water systems a plus.
- Experience working with 800 PSI (plus) process boiler a plus
- Experience conducting water testing with Hach equipment a plus
- Licensed by a recognized licensing agency, substantially the same requirements as specified by the City of Chicago Stationary Engineer a plus
• Essential Functions of the Job
- Must be able to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Must be physically able to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, twist, grasp, and make other movement in the performance of daily duties
- Must be physically able to climb unusual heights on ladders, and platforms, to lift, carry, push and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight
- Work is performed in an internal and external plant environment; confined space entry required; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards; all types of weather and temperature conditions, work in or around water and confined spaces; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrains, and work at heights
Boiler Operator Belvidere Assembly Plant Belvidere, IL 61008, US Job Type:Full Time Date Posted: July 4, 2017 Job ID: 1017404 ApplyRefer A FriendJoin Our Talent Network Share this job
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail Job Overview Boiler Operators will generally be responsible for operating and performing routine maintenance and repair on all equipment within the powerhouse with the exception of new installations, mechanical and electrical. Boiler Operators will operate and maintain steam boilers or hot water generators and associated equipment, including compressors, cooling towers, pumps, fans. Boiler Operators will also perform all other work related to their trade as may be required on utility assets equipment as directed by the supervisor or their designee (Shift Engineer). The Boiler Operators duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
The safe operation and routine maintenance on all powerhouse utilities production equipment and related systems including steam boilers, hot water generators, compressors, cooling towers, water treatment equipment and other support systems and ancillary equipment
Operating powerhouse equipment to meet the day to day energy demands of the Chrysler manufacturing facility including the production of steam and compressed air at the quantities and specifications required by the manufacturing facility
The monitoring of operating parameters and recording operating data, including production rates, fuel usage, electrical usage, pressures, temperatures, vibration indications, alarms and other pertinent information related to the safe operation of the powerhouse equipment
Boiler Operators will be required to promptly notify the USM or designee (Shift Engineer) of any unusual, abnormal or potentially unsafe operating conditions and to take action to mitigate any potentially unsafe condition or condition that if otherwise not corrected could result in out of specification energy production
The operation of all cooling towers and heat exchangers that support the operation of equipment within the powerhouse
The operation and routine maintenance associated with water treatment equipment for boilers, cooling towers, weld water systems and hot and cold water closed loops including the routine monitoring of water quality, the addition of water treatment chemicals to ensure the required water quality and the performance of routine maintenance of water treatment equipment including changing filters, adding salt to softeners, etc.
The de-energization (lock-out/tag-out) of all equipment within the powerhouse that is required to allow the safe performance of maintenance on such equipment
Perform routine maintenance on all powerhouse equipment, including predictive, preventive, and minor corrective maintenance
Assist contractors with work that is beyond the capability of the Boiler Operator, including tasks such as protective device calibration, etc.
Record and document all maintenance activities that are performed on powerhouse equipment including, utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to electronically document information and historical data
Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts including, belts, hoses, seals, lubricants, sensing devices, gauges, etc. as may be related to their trade in a designated storage area within the powerhouse
Troubleshoot and correct problems related to the proper monitoring, control and operation of powerhouse equipment
Maintain a clean and orderly work area ensuring that the area is left in an unobstructed and safe condition following the completion of the job
- Perform work and conduct activities as directed by the supervisor or designee (Shift Engineer) within their assigned area that pertains to energy conservation, including the repair of leaks, the timely turn-down of lighting and other machinery, etc. Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Candidates must have a minimum of eight years’ experience in central energy plant operations, including at least four years’ operating centralized steam and compressed air systems of comparable sizes to those at the plant in question
Operator’s license is required
License shall be a minimum 3rd Class
- Ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to work any shift and work some overtime, including daily, weekend and holidays
A First Class Steam license is highly preferred In order to be considered for the position you will be asked to provide a minimum of 8 years of verifiable and documented experience or a U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate in a manufacturing environment. FCA is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends. Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Boiler & Engine Supervisor
LOCATION: Ottumwa, IAPOSITION: Boiler and Engine SupervisorREPORTS TO: Cody SomersSALARY CLASS: ExemptHours: Full Time-Flexible as needed RESPONSIBILITIES:* Prioritize work orders and schedule mechanics according to immediacy and necessity of orders.
Monitor all production areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery.
Perform skilled maintenance activities including construction, welding, brazing, soldering, plumbing and hydraulics.
Adjust, repair and replace electrical and electronic equipment.
Participate in HAZMAT team to ensure preparedness for emergency situations.
Promote and encourage safety in all aspects of maintenance.
Arrange for completion of required paperwork, such as payroll.
Attend meetings as scheduled.QUALIFICATIONS:* Be able to communicate written and verbally in English
Be able to work all 3 shifts as needed
Heavy lifting required
Able to work in both hot and cold temperatures
Strong communication and leadership skills
Self Motivated/ High Sense of urgency
Able to perform under High Stress situations
Work 40+ hours per week in all areas of the plant
Previous refrigeration/boiler and related experience preferred
Ability to monitor and operate all refrigeration and steam/boiler areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!