Bonder Automobile Brakes Job Description Sample
Supply Manager- Brakes
Navistar - Driven By Uptime. Our focus is delivering Trucks and Buses that carry on the promise of being on the road, and staying there.
- Over the past two years Navistar has redesigned most of the International Truck vehicle line-up, including the LT Series and RH Series tractors, HX Series vocational truck, and soon to be introduced HV Series and MV Series trucks. The company is witnessing market share growth in several of its core segments, a testament to the customer acceptance of its new products
- Product quality and uptime has been a strong and ongoing focus across the entire company. Navistar has introduced a number of new powertrains to its truck line-up, including the International® A26 12.4L diesel.
- Our alliance with Volkswagen Truck and Bus increases our global scale, strengthens our competitiveness, and provides our customers with expanded access to cutting-edge products, technology and services.
- Superior parts and services offering throughout the country via our distribution channel
- Best in class non-asset based products that enable our customers to not only create value for themselves but for their customers as well
We are seeking a Procurement Supply Manager who will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Brakes Category Manager
- Develop and/or execute the existing strategy for all Commodities within the CMT (Category Management Team) and Major/Minor Programs
- Manage all commercial aspects with assigned supply base including driving cost savings goals, negotiating, building positive relationships and resolving open issues with the cross functional Navistar team
- Analyze supplier cost structure and competitive landscape to identify and negotiate savings and mitigate increases
- Lead the cross-functional CMT for the commodity
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies and gain CMT and executive approval where needed
- Identify and execute cost savings measures with suppliers and Navistar team to achieve annual goals
- Identify when a business case needs to be utilized and complete them
- Analyze Data to Understand the cross functional Impact of Each Initiative
- Constantly communicate to Supply Chain, Operations, Purchasing, and engineering customers and escalate issues when needed – know who, when, and how to communicate with all Stakeholders
- Manage the workload of an assigned sourcing specialist where applicable
Performs supply chain and logistics functions, such as material procurement, production planning, inventory control, outsourcing, vendor selection and distribution. Creates integrated processes among internal functions (e.g., operations, purchasing and logistics) and outside suppliers. Responsibilities are within the Supply Chain Management function as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of supply chain, engineering or manufacturing experience
- 1 year lead experience
- Master's degree and at least 6 years of supply chain, engineering or manufacturing experience
- 1 year lead experience
- At least 10 years of supply chain, engineering or manufacturing experience
- 1 year lead experience
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Negotiating experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience in creating, leading and driving cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze product costs and understand underlying cost drivers
- Ability to prepare and deliver business presentations to individual groups
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Confident and Assertive: willingness to challenge appropriately
- Positive attitude
- Communicate effectively: verbally, non-verbally, written communication, ability to listen, and “read between the lines”
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Timely Decision Making
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
It's Uptime at International
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
We believe the world is propelled forward by new ideas, brave inventors and bold thinkers. That's why we're driven to deliver a better future with strong products, sound values and solutions for a changing world.
Microwave Pilot Line Wire Bonder - Mech Tech 3
The Microwave Factory New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line will be responsible for the first unit builds of new hardware designs, including the development and maturation of the associated build processes and tooling in preparation for rate production. This new line is being equipped with State-of-the-Art Microelectronics assembly and test equipment to incubate new product introduction of microwave modules designed for new Electronic Warfare Platforms. Working closely with Program Engineering and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment makes the Microwave Pilot Line a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product before entering low-rate production. We are seeking an Experienced Wire Bonder with a passion to make new product launches successful by working closely with the team by building the first units, suggesting areas for improvement, and helping document the processes. If you want to influence how products are designed and launched into the factory then this is the position will provide tremendous professional and personal satisfaction.
Required Skills And Education We are seeking an Experienced Wire Bonder with a passion to make new product launches successful by working closely with the team by building the first units, suggesting areas for improvement, and helping document the processes. The ideal candidate will:
Fabricates and/or modifies complex micro-integrated circuit modules and sub-assemblies which may have preliminary processes in need of maturation for wire and ribbon bonding utilizing various manual and automatic bonding machines.
Must be familiar with MIL-STD-883.
Must be familiar with working with bonding complex microwave modules.
Must be familiar with manual gold ball and ribbon bonding.
Must be very familiar with manual bonding equipment (K S, MEI, Westbond and Hy-Bond).
Familiar with automatic bonding equipment (Palomar 2460/8000/9000 ball bonders and H K wedge bonders).
Must be familiar with working with a wide variety of adhesives and epoxies.
Extensive experience and understanding of military criteria.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression Microwave Pilot Line Wire Bonder - Mech Tech 3
Nashua, New Hampshire
30549BR-1740 EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Project Engineer - Brakes
Project Engineer - Brakes Tracking Code 13691 Job Description Located in Westminster, Maryland, Knorr Brake Company (KBC) is a manufacturer of Braking, Door, and HVAC systems for the Mass Transit Rail Industry. KBC is division of Knorr-Bremse, AG a Munich Germany based global leader in the design and manufacture of Brakes, Doors, HVAC, and on-Board OEM systems, aftermarket spare parts, overhaul & maintenance services for the Mass Transit Rail. We are currently seeking a System Engineer to join the Brake division engineering team. The Brake System Engineer is responsible for the execution of the design and development of pneumatic and/or hydraulic brake systems, track brakes and controls for passenger rail transit vehicles. The System Engineers are assigned the title of Project Engineer for the projects they are responsible for effecting. The primary objectives of this position are to develop the braking systems on-time, within the approved budget, and specification compliant while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction and minimizing or mitigating risks. The Project Engineer is the primary technical contact with the customer and is responsible for the system design, including system calculations, integration, testing, commissioning and customer training. They ensure the progress of the detail design development meets the project requirements, whilst ensuring specification compliance, or waivers are approved. The major responsibilities of this position are as follows:
Identify component level tasks and responsibilities, and guide/direct/monitor individuals as necessary
Review customer specifications
Perform system performance calculations
Prepare technical proposals
Develop system specifications
Develop system schematics (piping & wiring interfaces) and keep updated.
Monitor/assure specifications compliance
Provide customer “feedback” to design engineers and marketing
Provide engineering task schedule input to Project management
Review and Approve Customer Manuals and Training Materials produced by the Engineering Services Department.
Create system bill of materials, keep update, and provide costing estimates per system bill of materials
Development of component specifications/requirements
Broad experience and good theoretical knowledge of engineering principals
Physics (brake calculations, air consumption calculations, thermal calculations, etc. based on Knorr models)
strength of materials
Proficient in machine design and manufacturing practices
Reliability, maintainability, safety and human factors
Electrical / electronics
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required Required Skills + 3+ years experience
Must be able to travel on short notice and sometimes for several weeks at a time (normally travel should be 20% or less). Senior level positions demand erratic periods of “unscheduled” travel, such as: 1-15 days/week for 1-3 week periods. Position will require international travel. Required Experience
- LI-NBC-SF1 Experience/
BSME, BSEE, BS Mathematics or similar discipline required + 2 - 7 years’ experience
Knowledge pneumatic or hydraulic systems and related devices
Knowledge mechanical or electrical/electronic systems and related devices
Ability to interpret engineering drawings and schematics
Experience in the investigation and reporting of root cause failure and corrective actions
Knowledge of Reliability/Maintainability modeling and prediction techniques
Knowledge of RMSH Safety Analyses (FMECA, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analyses)
Familiarity with MIL-STD / MIL-HDBK, NFPA, CFR standards and terminology
Proficient in MS Office package including Excel, Outlook, Word, Access, Power Point. Referral Bonus Eligible for Employees Job Location Westminster, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Automobile Sales Position
We are currently seeking individuals that understand how to work well with people, have an intense personal drive and want to achieve success in the sales and sales management fields. This new position for our sales staff will not last long! Apply today!
Here is what we are looking for...
* Excellent People Skills & Customer Service
* Computer Literate
* Great Leadership Qualities
* Self Starting Initiative
* Confidence and Dedication
* Ability to Adapt to New Surroundings
* Sales Experience a Definite Plus but not mandatory
* Ability to Work in a "Team Environment"
* Driven to Excel to Greater Heights/Position in the company
* Valid Driver's License and Transportation
Benefits include (but not limited to), Paid Health & Life Insurance Premiums, Paid Vacations, and Holidays. 401K with generous matching. Competitive Commission, Bonus plan and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Automobile Finisher Lite Manufacturing
We manufacture wheelchair accessible minivans with ramps. We are looking for 1 or 2 finishers to put the vans back together after they are converted. This involves installing premade sub-assemblies, installing some carpet, some very light wiring, etc. We will train you. It's not rocket science, but some finesse, mechanical knowledge, and tool use are probably needed and some electrical knowledge (finding a short) is a big plus. A good attitude also helps. Our hours are 7:00-3:30 M-F. We offer 2 paid weeks a year and some weeks you can leave early Fridays if the vans are finished. Must be able to pass a drug test and show up on time.
Automobile Claims Data Entry / Data Quality Associate
Very successful, growing, startup company in the South Bay seeks data entry superstars to join our team.
Seeking Full-Time interested candidates:
• Shifts: Monday – Friday, 5am – 1:30pm or 10:30am - 7pm
• Compensation: $12 per hour
We are a rapidly growing Digital Claims processing company that is revolutionizing the claims industry, we have a great deal of exciting opportunities now, and even more on the horizon. With the amount of growth, we've experienced recently, the need has arisen for a new addition to the team who is just as passionate about transforming the insurance claims industry as we are.
We offer competitive pay, a supportive professional, but casual environment and benefits (paid time off, paid sick time, health, dental and vision plans, and 401K and paid parking). Office complex offers affordable fitness center and the area has numerous restaurants within 5-7 min walking.
Your daily duties will consist of:
• Performs high-volume data entry and correction of information for claims data into our platform.
The requirements to apply for this position are:
• Well-developed vocabulary, grammar, and spelling
• Analytical and mathematical thinker
• Able to type between ~50-80 wpm (a typing test is part of interview)
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Our data entry roles are not a-typical; 10 key speed is valued but the type of data entry activity is hundreds of alpha numeric fields across entire claim forms
• Must be a quick learner, flexible and have an openness to learn new system and claims information detail and how it is entered and used within our platform
Key abilities and your character:
• Prompt, Functional and Reliable
• Team worker
• Positive Outlook and Attitude
If this sounds like you, and you're looking for new challenges and opportunities for growth and longevity, please submit your resume to become part of our team!
Our investment company started 15 years ago, at that time the settlement of a vehicle claim took long and was expensive.
Over the years, we standardized the knowledge of our car experts more and more in databases and added manufacturer data to it. This unique combination of IT-and car know-how is our recipe to success: Today we are able to audit estimates, appraisals, invoices and maintenance documents more automatically.
The customers benefit by receiving the great saving potential from ControlExpert and having an accelerated cycle time. Today we audit more than 6 million vehicle claims per year, with over 600 colleagues in 13 countries.
Our customers are all major insurance and leasing companies.
Sales Representative - Automobile Sales
Acura-Volvo New & Preowned Salesperson needed for a fast growing brand. Experience with highline luxury brands preferred but will train the right person. Full time position, 5 day work week, closed on Sunday. Benefits and 401k available. This is a commission paying job position. Personal computer will be required. LOCATED ON THE HISTORIC BEDFORD AUTOMILE!
Automobile Subrogation Specialist
Maintaining workflow by promptly initiating recovery efforts on referrals from adjusters; reviewing files; corresponding with insureds, attorneys, vendors, and other insurance carriers; mailing subrogation demands along with supporting documents; documenting subrogation efforts in claims diary; proactively communicating with key personnel in other Departments; receiving and processing payments; posting transactions in the claims database; filing and responding to cases via Arbitration Forums as needed; preparing for and overseeing files in litigation; performing other duties as assigned by the Claims Supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Experience: Previous Customer Service and/or Claims experience within an Insurance environment is required. Minimum of 3 years of experience in auto liability and property damage claims. Full understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing. Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes is required. Ideal candidate will have a proven track record of making sound coverage and liability decisions based on facts presented by customers and/or through additional fact gathering and investigations.
Skills and Abilities: Effective verbal and written communications skills. General office skills and basic math. Ability to effectively manage own time and coordinate various tasks simultaneously. Effective negotiating skills. Active listening skills. Ability to remain calm and professional when speaking with difficult callers. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify approaches and solutions to problems
GoAuto is a family-oriented company. We believe everyone who needs auto insurance should be able to have access to it at an affordable price. Many insurance companies use commissioned agents, but at GoAuto you buy direct and that saves you money. We'll help you decide what coverage you want and need without trying to sell you expensive add-ons. We only sell auto insurance and that makes us the best in the business.
Driver- CDL B With Air Brakes Or Chauffeur (2 Years)
Growing statewide company seeking local delivery drivers for the Traverse City Area.
Starting Pay & Position
- Full-time local delivery positions available departing from our Traverse City area depot delivering to local businesses.
- $120.00 daily guarantee for route drivers plus opportunities for commission on cases delivered.
- Daily and Quarterly bonus opportunities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for checking products when loading before leaving on route to ensure that all product is on the truck.
- Responsible for removing product from truck and delivering into accounts.
- Utilize customer service skills when making the delivery by being courteous, friendly, and respectful.
- Collect payment from accounts when necessary and return payments and all other documents to the office upon route completion.
- Communicate with the office and Customer Service to ensure that products are delivered correctly.
- Ensure that orders are delivered according to established policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum age 21
Able to pass drug & alcohol test
Acceptable DMV record required
Ability to lift to 80 pounds
Must have valid CDL B License (One year verifiable driving experience) with Air Brake Endorsement or Chauffeur License (Two years verifiable driving experience)
Obtain DOT Card thru GLWAS during pre-employment physical
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and personal time.
- Competitive health benefit package including BCBS medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401K contributions after probationary time is met
- Voluntary Life insurance
Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
(17S-69) Electro-Mechanical Engineer – Brakes (13785)
Located in Westminster, Maryland, Knorr Brake Company (KBC) is a manufacturer of Braking, Door, and HVAC systems for the Mass Transit Rail Industry. KBC is division of Knorr-Bremse, AG a Munich Germany based global leader in the design and manufacture of Brakes, Doors, HVAC, and on-Board OEM systems, aftermarket spare parts, overhaul & maintenance services for the Mass Transit Rail.
We are currently seeking a 5-10 year, experienced, Electro-Mechanical Engineer to join our engineering team. The Electro-Mechanical Engineer is primarily responsible for the execution of the design and development of electrical brake components/assemblies, including electrical enclosures, electro-mechanical control assemblies, cable harness assemblies, customer test equipment. Provide local support for Electro-Mechanical assemblies created by other KB Groups for North American applications, such as axle speed sensors, rail car master controllers, and components such as motors, valves, switches, and transducers.
Review and provide input regarding sizing of electrical components required for passenger rail transit equipment such as air supply units, brake controls, track brake controls. The primary objectives of this position are to develop the components on-time, per the customer specification, and to release high quality, accurate technical documentation. The Electro-Mechanical Engineer is responsible for aspects of their assigned products, including design, generation of test procedures, generation of test reports for customer review, electrical/electronic troubleshooting failures, as well as manufacturing, quality, and purchasing support.
Other responsibilities as defined by the Manager of Mechanical Engineering Major responsibilities include: Sizing and analyzing electrical equipment (motors, contactors, relays, switches, wires, shielding, terminals, etc) per IEC, EN, IEEE, APTA, or other industry standard groups Ensure components and equipment meet EMI/EMC requirements for rail transit Motor sizing for rotary equipment such as air supplies and hydraulic power units Generate component and assembly designs based on customer and internal specifications Create bill of materials and keep updated Generate and validate Acceptance Test Procedures Development of purchase specifications/requirements Provide manufacturing, purchasing, and quality support Support manufacturing by designing electro-mechanical test equipment for the shop Generate change documentation to update engineering documents Review customer specifications Monitor/assure component designs are specification compliant Monitor and provide input to project schedules Support review of manuals for the Technical Publications Department Customer technical support (may require unexpected travel) Required Experience Education : B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent required. Experience: Consulting and support of internal and external customers regarding Engineering topics 5 years' experience as an Electro-Mechanical Engineer preferred.
Additional travel requirements: 4 overseas trips/year (first year) for 2-4 week duration each time (travel to Europe for position training). After first year, further travel will be required. Additionally: Broad experience and good theoretical knowledge of engineering principles: Electrical/electronics, Physics Strength of materials, Finite Element Analysis, Proficient in machine design, Manufacturing practices, Value engineering, Reliability, maintainability, safety and human factors, Shock and Vibration Business Experience:
Must have good business sense Estimate costs Make good business decisions Risk assessments Industry Experience: Demonstrated knowledge of the NEC or equivalent industry electrical codes/requirements Knowledge and practical understanding of brake or similar equipment and principles Hands on experience with mechanical systems Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical systems Demonstrated leadership in project environment Process Orientation: Experience with Creo/Windchill or equivalent required Must understand and practice good organization and configuration management skills BOM structuring Configuration/Change Control Must be able to travel on short notice LI-NBC-MT1 SDL2017
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!