Book Jacket Cover Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Cable Operator - Jacket Line
Job Posting Title: PRODUCTION OPERATOR - JACKET LINE
Job Code: 30004090
Segment: INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS (50127625)
Business Unit: MEDICAL (50126885)
Building: TE Wilsonville (X34)
Hiring Manager: JAKSON CLARK
Recruiter: TRAVIS CHESNEY
Employee Referral Amount:
Education Experience: High School or Equivalent
Employment Experience: 1-3 years
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Pull and cut cable to length; trim parts efficiently per Cable Instruction.
Operate cable machines; runs equipment and tools used in production such as mold machines and small hand tools without loss or damage.
Manages time in an effective manner. Completes assigned tasks on time.
Must meed safety and shop floor requirements.
Meets company standards and policies, including attendance, housekeeping, safety, breaks.
Accurately reports information such as defects, material usage, standard times, etc.
Perform other duties or tasks as deemed necessary.
Reports unsafe conditions and practices to management.
Follows written and verbal instruction. Uses available tools to communicate with other shifts.
Able to function in a team environment. Participates in team meetings (arrives on time, asks clarifying questions, implements agreed upon decisions/changes).
Meets workmanship standards of quality.
Performs basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division), finds averages and works with decimals and fractions.
Recognizes problems and consults appropriate resource for resolution. Halts shop order per Shop Floor Control procedure.
Follows non-conforming material procedures and DMR procedure.
Uses proper material handling techniques.
High School or equivalent
2+ years of experience in manufacturing and related field
Must be able to follow direction & work independently.
Attention to detail is a critical requirement.
Basic math & communication skills
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
Personal Protective Equipment is required in all areas to include hearing protection and safety glasses. Safety shoes are required when running the processing equipment.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Wilsonville, OR, US, 97070
Requisition ID: 44564
Book Cover - Turned Edge - Rigid Box Operators
- Union Manufacturing Plant
- Manufacture book covers and set up box packaging
- This is a light manufacturing position that requires some mechanical ability
- Full time positions available for 2nd shift.
- *Must be able to train on 1st shift
- Competitive wages and benefits – Operator Starting Wage is $19.79, with advancement opportunities available over $22.00 per hour.
- Operators are responsible for the set up and operation of Book Cover and Rigid Box Packaging Machines. The operation of the equipment will include performing in-process inspection, meeting general workmanship guidelines for quality, and accurate data collection. This person will direct the Assistant Operator/Feeder and Catcher to insure that the machine center meets production goals as well as the quality requirements of our customers. Housekeeping issues in and around the machine center will also be maintained by the Operator. This person will be accountable for the safe operation of the equipment as well as for others assigned to the machine center.
- All employees will adhere to all company policies within the plant including safety, fire and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Central Package & Display abides by the Core Values: Committed, High Performing, Integrity, Leadership Ability & Team Focused.
- Preferred candidates are familiar with turned edge or rigid box manufacturing and have previous work experience as an Operator, Assistant, or Catcher; on the job training is also available.
- Good attendance and work ethic required
- Medical, Dental, Pension, 401(k), Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Basic Life & Supplemental Life, Disability Insurance, and on-site Fitness Center
Machine Operator - DP Packaging Equipment Operator - 3Rd Shift
Company Name: Kenlake Foods
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for all aspects of machine operation and changeover activities to achieve and maintain world class quality. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
Follow all safety procedures including wearing all required personal protective equipment
Effectively and safely operate and maintain the assigned machine and all related equipment to ensure all daily orders are met
Complete safety observations when assigned
Read and follow standard work for assigned machine
Follow all standard work processes
Verify proper components at the work station before beginning a job
Monitor product to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded
Complete "If down, do" list for this position when conditions dictate
Complete all required paperwork and documentation accurately and legibly
Maintain reliable attendance, including overtime as needed
Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion
Actively participate in Total Process Control activities
Must be able to work around ingredients and/or finished products known to contain food allergens
Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles
Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
Must be at least 18 years of age
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Basic math skills
Effective written communication skills, including legibility
Strong attention to detail
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Previous food manufacturing experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions: Midwest; South
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KY || Murray || 300 North LP Miller St. || 42071 || Kenlake Foods || None || Manufacturing || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Machine Operator - Corona, CA
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution.
An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution.
With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Performs factory work requiring job knowledge, skill or discretion in selecting work methods. Covers such duties as tending conveyor lines or performing simple repetitive bench operations such as burring parts, numbering, replenishing process solutions, etc. Includes light to medium physical effort.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must be able to perform various standard machining operations when properly trained.
Able to use saw or roll cutters.
Must perform various assembly operations, including bending, crimping, de-burring, and torqueing.
Completes specific responsibilities as trained for special processes.
Must perform various fabrication operations including blast operations and upsetting
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Quantity- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly
Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
No computer skills needed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations; Internal Certifications
Socket Fusion, Assembly Press
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Corona
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Machinist, Equipment Operator, Fabrication, Technology, Manufacturing
Oversees the manufacturing and quality control of medical devices on a production packaging line in a high volume manufacturing facility. Must provide quality support to the production floor as well as assisting in process and material control functions throughout the facility. Responsible for executing standard operating procedures in the Label/Pack and other related areas. Mechanical troubleshooting and good problem solving skills are a must. Must be able to work closely with the maintenance staff and communicate production needs to technical associates. Must have good communication skills and a willingness to lead an effective team toward achieving production and quality documentation goals. Trains others, and shares knowledge as needed.
Reports to the Packaging Skill IV Lead for daily guidance and interaction.PRIMARY DUTIES
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
Quality: Machine Operator
- Perform, control and maintain quality standards in the Label/Pack area.
- Responsible for the quality of prefilled syringes produced on assigned production line.
- Support Label Control and Application Activities.
- Perform and coordinate Production Start-up, In Process, Sub-Component, and Final Product QC testing, inspections and release documentation.
- Review DHR and other quality documentation in Label/Pack area.
- Control of reject product, disposition, documentation support and trending in Label/Pack area.
- Responsible for in-process inspection and final control of rework and sort tasks in label/pack area.
- Report process and product nonconformance to area supervisor and/or quality.
Production: Machine Operator
- Proper operation of the automated line.
- Covering machine operation during breaks.
- Executing line clearance procedures.
- Changing type set on hot stamp.
- Level II trouble shooting at a minimum.
- Responsible for proper and timely completion of all required paperwork and reports.
- Responsible for ensuring all work areas are clean and well organized.
- Back-fill for packaging skill IV lead as needed.
- Responsible for working safely and for assigned team members safety.
Leadership: Machine Operator
- Conduct team meetings
- Conflict resolution/Performance Evaluations
- Training team to learn new skills for next level.
- Drive GMP compliance and other quality initiatives in label/pack.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES - Machine Operator
- Conduct 100% visual and manual inspection of pre-filled syringes run on the semi-automated equipment.
- Load syringes into automated equipment.
- Bag individual syringes on a pneumatic bagging machine.
- Pack and carton finished syringes in shipping boxes.
- Erect and label cartons and cases.
- Check weighing, case packing, master packing and palletizing.
- Stretch wrapping pallets.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - Machine Operator
- Must be detail oriented, friendly, reliable, resourceful, trustworthy and able to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to work overtime and participate on the plant preventive maintenance team as needed.
- Enforce safety, quality, and performance of teams.
- Must have aptitude for running automated equipment.
- Must be able to remain focused during extended periods of time.
- Must be able to coexist in a diverse workplace.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
- Strong technical abilities and/or background with job experience.
- Good mathematical skills and comfortable with numbers.
- Experience in a QC industrial setting.
- Self-directed, able to work independently, and takes initiative to accomplish assigned/unassigned tasks and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to use and maintain various measurement gauging and test apparatus.
- Responsive to requests made by production personnel.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Push and/or pull up to 30 pounds.
- Good understanding of basic GMP requirements.
- Knowledge of quality control and process control.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Machine Operator
- Must be able to effectively read/write English
- Willing to work voluntary and mandatory overtime
- Detailed oriented and accuracy driven
- Safety conscious
- Reliable with excellent attendance record
- Must be able to co-exist in a diverse workplace
Health, Vision, Dental, Paid Holiday and Vacation
Inserter Machine Operator
Manufacturing Inserter Machine Operator
St Charles, IL
- ID: 42807
WALLACE AVE - Operate machines that insert/fold printed material, such as letters or booklets, into folders or envelopes. Set up and adjust the machine to operate efficiently. Oversee output and make adjustments as necessary.
Requires excellent knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment. Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment. Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
Position is on D-SHIFT: Wednesday - Friday 6AM-6PM (with possible alternating weekends)
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer.
Must have good eye-hand coordination
Strong mechanical aptitude required
Ability to communicate in English -read, write, understand
Lifting up to 50 lbs, 4-6 hours
Walking/standing, 6-7 hours
Bending/stooping, 2-3 hours
igh school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
Pitney Bowes Series 8 and/or Kern experience preferred, but not required
Location: Toledo, OH 43607 Duration: 4 month Contract (potential for permanent)
Pay rate: $16hr (Weekly pay)
Full-time M-F (6am-2pm)
Our client is a leader in the healthcare technology industry is seeking an experienced Machine Operator. You will be required to set up and run the Printing and Mailing equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a Machine Operator
- Previous production experience is preferred
- Must be able to push, pull, and/or lift up to 45lbs.
- Previous experience in production work
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools
- Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- control, cost and other techniques.
- Reading blueprints would be helpful
- Steel Toes shoes are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Pass background check
- Inspect workpieces for defects and measure pieces to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Adjust machines if any defects or malfunctions arise.
- Read blueprints and job orders to determine product specifications, instructions, and operational sequences.
- Work hours 6am-2pm
- Position, adjust, and secure stock material or workpieces against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms, manually or using hoists
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools and brushes, using hand tools.
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
- Perform minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or workpieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoirs
Kocher + Beck USA, L.P. in Lenexa, KS is seeking candidates who enjoy a fast-paced environment in a clean, climate control building. This position is responsible for preparing and chemically etching dies for customers in the envelope and label industry. This includes etching all orders to the size and dimensions required before stripping finished goods and cutting metal using a mechanical shear. Responsible for moving finished products to the next phase of production with all correct paperwork. Perform general maintenance on all etchers, change chemicals, clean nozzles, and general cleaning as required within the department.
Position Type + Hours:
This is a permanent full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, second shift available (2:00 pm to 10:00 pm) will have to train on first shift (6:00 am to 2:00 pm), 40 hours per week with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
- At least two years of experience in manufacturing is preferred but not required.
- Basic mathematics and computer knowledge required.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively use/interpret instructions.
- Detail oriented, time management, communication, and multitasking skills required.
- Able to work independently, as well as with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work with chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mostly standing and walking work. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- 100% Paid Health, Dental + Accident Insurance (employee-only coverage)
- Health Savings Accounts, with employer contribution
- 401(k), up to 6% match of your contribution
- Life Insurance, Short + Long Term Disability
- Vacation, Sick Time + Paid Holidays
- Additional supplemental insurances plans are offered
Cable Plant Machine Operator
Teledyne Storm Microwave has been providing high quality interconnect products and cable assemblies to domestic and international defense and telecom markets since 1978.
Located near Chicago, Illinois, Teledyne Storm Microwave was one of the first companies to offer high performance flexible and semi-rigid RF/Microwave cable assemblies with low density, tape-wrapped dielectric.
Today, Teledyne Storm Microwave is well known not only for quality products but also for quality customer relations based on an ongoing commitment to honesty and integrity. Building on our decades of microwave transmission line design experience, we continue to solve engineers' interconnect problems by combining leading technology with the Storm legacy of responsive, flexible, committed customer service.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Storm Microwave, a leading manufacturer of RF/microwave cable assemblies, is looking for a Cable Plant Machine Operator for our Woodridge, IL facility.
Setting up, operating, troubleshooting and programming machinery, equipment and fixtures in accordance with written procedures/drawings
Observing machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction, taking action when a problem is identified
Measuring work piece dimensions using ruler, caliper, or other measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
1-2 years related experience (plus)
Basic math and computer skills (plus)
Must be able to use a ruler or other measuring devices
Must possess a high degree of hand/eye coordination and dexterity.
Possess eyesight correctable to 20/20 and have normal depth perception.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
U.S. Person required for this position, includes but is not limited to, U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Citizenship RequirementsDue to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a "U.S. Person" (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees). Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Dish Machine Operator (Dmo)/Utility - Winder - #5189
The Dish Machine Operator (DMO)/Utility is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of all glassware, tableware, and cooking utensils/vessels by using both mechanical and manual cleaning methods in accordance with Ruby Tuesday standards. DMO/Utility communicates with and supports the Garden Bar Specialist to ensure the Garden Bar is always 100% stocked. Breaks down the Garden Bar and dish machine area following Ruby Tuesday procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork-based work environment.
Take pride in his/her appearance while adhering to the Ruby Tuesday Dress & Appearance Policy.
Follow all safety and sanitation guidelines at all times.
Rinse, wash, sort, and stack glassware, tableware, and cooking utensils/vessels by using both mechanical and manual cleaning methods; return dishes and cooking utensils/vessels to the line or the proper storage location.
Set up, maintain, and break down the garden bar and dish area, including assembling/ disassembling the dish machine.
Support the Garden Bar Specialist by preparing items for service for garden bar according to specifications.
Wash and clean fruit and vegetables for peeling, dicing, shredding, or slicing using kitchen hand-utensils and electric equipment.
Measure and assemble ingredients and cooked items according to Ruby Tuesday recipes and menu specifications.
Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items served on the garden bar.
Complete specific cleaning responsibilities and station maintenance including, but not limited to, the walk-in refrigeration, prep, and dry storage areas.
Dispose of trash and debris according to Ruby Tuesday procedures.
Maintain clean, stocked, and sanitary restrooms through regular restroom checks.
Clean and maintain the cleanliness of carpeted and non-carpeted floors according to Ruby Tuesday standards and procedures.
Clean, roll, and unroll kitchen mats.
Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant. Deck scrub walk ways and back dock area.
Responsible for the set-up, cleanliness, and organization of the work area before, during, and after every shift.
Position requires slip-resistant shoes.
EDUCACION Y/O EXPERIENCIA
Es preferible tener Diploma de la Escuela Secundaria o Equivalencia de la Escuela Secundaria.
Esta posicion requiere asistencia regular; requiere la habilidad de estar parado o estar caminando por varias horas a la vez; frecuentemente requiere oir, hablar, caminar, gatear, trepar, estar parado, tener que alcanzar, doblarse, mantener balance, arrodillarse, agacharse, levantar y transportar objetos de hasta 50 libras de peso, requiere la habilidad de tolerar cambios de temperatura significativos y la frecuente inmersion de las manos en agua y/o en soluciones para sanitizar. Habilidades especificas de vision requeridas para este trabajo incluyen vision de cerca, vision de lejos, vision de color, vision periferica, percepcion de profundidad y la habilidad de ajustar el enfoque.
Nota: La descripcion del trabajo refleja la asignacion de las funciones esenciales de la posicion actualmente, pero no prescribe o restringe tareas que puedan ser asignadas. Las funciones esenciales estan especificadas, pero estan sujetas a cambio en cualquier momento por varias razones. Incluyendo discrecion gerencial.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!