Book Sewing Machine Operator Ii Job Description Sample
Sewing Machine Operator
Sets up an automatic sewing machine in accordance with established specifications.
Obtains appropriate sections of shirts in preparation for sewing.
Operates an automatic sewing machine, including feeding material into the machine and examining completed products.
Maintains safety awareness in, and around work areas, observing and reporting potential areas of concern.
Maintains high quality standards as required.
Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required. Skills/Requirements Knowledge Required:
- Sufficiently able to understand and follow directions.
Prior performance of duties in a manufacturing environment is helpful. Skills/Aptitudes:
Attention to detail
Flexibility in task assignments
Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
Normal color vision may be required. Certificates/Licenses Required:
None Working Conditions:
Light lifting; pushing/pulling of carts
Frequent bending and working near moving machine parts are required.
Standing for lengthy periods of time may be required.
Exposure to sewing needle changes and scissors exists.
Occasional extra hours are required. Brooks Brothers is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all. Equal Employment Opportunity We Value and Respect Each Other by Providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Brooks Brothers is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or Associate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and Associates based on any of these protected categories. It is also Brooks Brothers policy to comply with all applicable federal and state laws respecting consideration of employment status and requests for reasonable accommodations in hiring and employment decisions. We expect mutual respect in support of our values and Equal Employment Opportunities. #LI-AC1P #LI-AC1P Apply To This Job
Sewing Machine Operator – Utica, NY
Produce sewn items from drawings, patterns, sketches, and other specifications, and perform all sewing functions on all equipment, with little or no training or instruction, and ensure that all work meets acceptable levels for productivity and quality.
Participate in the development of sewn prototypes, models, and samples, including deconstruction, pattern creation, sew-complete and related data collection.
Work independently, track quantities produced, and inspect own work.
Sew production operations and quantities when necessary to support customer requirements.
Train and support sewing machine operators and assist in trouble shooting production sewing issues, when instructed.
Perform routine machine adjustments, and notify supervisor of machine performance and/or safety issues.
Participate in time studies, and make recommendations for improvement to production sewing operations.
Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
+ 1-3 years of varied sewing experience, utilizing industry-standard equipment, including but not limited to single needle, surging, tacking.
Able to sit for extended periods of time.
Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks. EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Click Here to Apply for this Position
Warehouse Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Advantage Resourcing is Hiring Warehouse Sewing Machine Operators Full time Temp to Hire.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to sew as a hobby but don't have experience? Well this is your opportunity. We train!!!!
1st shift:6am - 2:30pm M-F
- Sewing garments with a single needle thread. Working off of a monitor.
- Must know how to read a tape measure or yard stick.
- Sewing logos and striping on garments
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background check
Fun Facts once hired on
Company discounts with
- The North Face
- Microsoft Office for home use
- General offers- save on travel, flowers and lending services
- Cell phone carriers- AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS APPLY TODAY:
2720 Old Lebanon Road
Nashville, TN 37214
Application is completed at the Advantage Resourcing branch at:
2720 Old Lebanon Rd. Nashville, TN 37214
Sewing Machine Operator
Heavy Sewing Machine Operator / Light Sewing Machine Operator
Production Production Manager Hourly; Non-Exempt
Full Time; On-Site Monday- Friday; 7:00am- 3:30pm; additional time as business necessitates and directed by management
- Primary responsibilities include sewing cold air inflatable balloons and banners on industrial sewing machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and execute sewing techniques and terminology
- Learn patterns and sewing instruction for assembly of inflatables Develop accurate measuring skills
- Assemble and construct inflatables
- Discuss new projects with Heavy Sewing Supervisor prior to construction of inflatable Comply with all company polices and procedures
- Read Internal Work Orders and apply relevant information Application of glue
- Use of heat welder, box tacker, hand grommet, machine grommet webbing cutter and hot knife Assist in training new employees in proper sewing techniques and construction methods Assist in training new team members
- Collaborate with other sewing team members when needed and directed Be aware of project due dates
- Keep journal of notes on every project
- Maintain proper levels of maintenance and sanitation in and around work area Conduct simple machine maintenance as required
- Understand and comply with all GHS/SDS requirements Demonstrate and encourage safe work practices at all times Perform all duties in a manner consistent with the spirit of teamwork Perform any and all duties as required by management
- Must have some Sewing Machine experience
- Prior experience and/or basic knowledge of sewing techniques Exemplify a "Make-it-happen" attitude
- Posses a strong work ethic
- Ability to complete projects on a timely basis Available for mandatory overtime
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Sewing experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Internal Work Orders and designs
- Ability to read measurements, fractions and rulers to produce a quality inflatable
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 75 lbs.
Sitting, standing, bending, kneeling and stretching are an integral part of this position Use of small step stool
Sewing Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
Sewing Machine Operator - 2nd shift Tracking Code 37168 Job Description Requires familiarity with routine operating procedures of sewing equipment which can be set up and operated following a few step by step instructions and the skill to operate the equipment. Set up, adjust and operate a variety of finishing machinery or tools such as; sewing equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitches, drills, binding/sewing machines other completed products.
May operate sewing machines that contain numerous different products and perform such functions as covering and delivering or stacking completed products. Job Location Carrollton, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible Yes
Sewing Machine Operator (Mã¡Quina De Coser Industrial) - Torrington CT
Job Description Currently, Kelly is looking for: Sewing Machine Operators.
Our customer is growing and is looking to add temporary employees to sew product. You will be working with an industrial sewing machine in a manufacturing setting. Manufacture a wide range of cushion products, of consistent quality, and continually meet scheduling demands. 1st shift hours starting at 6am with lots of opportunity for overtime.
Should have some background with working as a sewing machine operator in a production type setting. Nuestro cliente estÃ¡ creciendo y estÃ¡ buscando agregar empleados temporales para coser productos TrabajarÃ¡ con una mÃ¡quina de coser industrial en un ajuste de fabricaciÃ³n. Fabrique una amplia gama de productos del cojÃn, de la calidad consecuente, y continuamente encuentre(cumpla) demandas de programaciÃ³n.
Primero cambie horas que comienzan a las 6:00 con mucha oportunidad durante horas extras. DeberÃa tener algÃºn fondo(formaciÃ³n) con el funcionamiento(trabajo) como un operador de la mÃ¡quina de coser en un ajuste del tipo de producciÃ³n
Requirements Sewing Machine operator (mÃ¡quina de coser industrial)
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Sewing Machine Operator
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Responsible for operating an industrial sewing machine to secure all sides and corners of rugs.
Responsible for performing this job in a quality and productive manner.
Expected to maintain all housekeeping items and follow all housekeeping procedures associated with the position.
Responsible for removing product off stacks and pulling product to the sewing machine.
Responsible for removing improper sewing/binding and repairing thread breaks.
Responsible for changing thread, binding, and/or needles.
Responsible for pushing product to the tailburner.
Prior sewing experience preferred
Must be able to demonstrate ability to learn the operation of an industrial sewing machine
Must be able to follow all safety rules
Sustained employment of at least 6 months
Prior experience in an industrial environment preferred
must be able to stand, bend, stoop, push, and pull for the duration of a 10-hour shift
Sewing Machine Operator
operates sewing machine to join, reinforce, decorate, and perform related sewing procedures.
Seamstress - Sewing Machine Operator
Great part time job for the right person! Earn $13 - $18 per hour (depending in skill and performance) topstitching fabrics for small manufacturer.
75% of position is sewing, 25% consists of miscellaneous duties as described.
- Using industrial straightstitch machine, sew decorative fabric onto nylon strips.
- Follow sewing requirements by using prescribed machine foot and material handling techniques.
- Solve sewing problems when mis-sized or problematic materials are encountered.
- Complete production tickets and daily production worksheet for completed work
- Conduct weekly thread inventories
- Perform clean up on assembled products
- Assist production manager in production with material and production ticket preparation.
- Excellent sewing skills
- attention to detail - must have strong material handling techniques
- Good problem-solving skills. Ability to identify solutions and make recommendations on product construction
- Reliable with good work ethics, track record
- production bonuses
- paid holidays
- Sams club membership
- some flexibility in work hours
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 4 hours a day. Some saturdays during busy periods.
Our goal is to create products that are comfortable, affordable, functional, durable, fashionable and artful. Our intent is to offer a broad range of designs that will resonate with you and keep your dog looking sharp and feeling comfortable all day long.
While the Artful Canine is just one of many retailers offering dog collars & accessories, we view ourselves as being the only company that offers quality & style at a great value.
Machine Operator (Industrial Sewing Exp.)
STARTING PAY: $11.85 hourly - No Convictions (within last 7 years)
Operates within one or more area(s) in a continuous flow manufacturing process executing prescribed repetitive processes to meet production and quality standards. Performs routine inspections and basic preventative maintenance on equipment.
Process Areas: Coiling, Foam Encasement, Assembly, Gluing, Sewing, Borders, Quilting, Closing and Packing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Follows all safety policies and procedures defined by the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
* Manufactures sufficient quantities of quality products per specified standards.
* Monitors the process using meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications.
* Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
* Assembles mechanical units, fabricated parts/components and/or electrical/electronic systems to make subassemblies, assemblies or complete units using hand tools, power tools, jigs, fixtures and miscellaneous equipment.
* Follows established procedures for operating various conventional and/or CNC (computerized numerical control) manufacturing equipment for tasks such as cutting, punching, forming, drilling, tapping, turning, milling, and stamping to fabricate, form or shape manufactured parts, tools or parts assemblies from raw materials
* Selects and measures raw materials and parts to specifications to prepare for production processing
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/ FUNCTIONAL SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
*Demonstrates pride, ownership and accountability for Safety and Quality
*Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical thinking and ability to problem solve
*Excellent communication skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams
*Ability and willingness to cross-train
*Adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
*Effectively solve targeted problems
*Encourage and own a safe work environment
*Produce high quality work
Work cooperatively with others and achieve outcomes
*Open to feedback and motivated to grow outside the comfort zone
*Communicate efficiently and effectively with others
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be at least 18 years or older.
• High school diploma or GED not required
• Previous experience in a manufacturing operations environment preferred.
JOB FACTORS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work involves physical demands typically found in a manufacturing environment, such as but not limited to: prolonged standing, bending, lifting and/or moving materials.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!