Book Sewing Machine Operator Ii Job Description Sample
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
- Must have experience using an industrial sewing machine.
- Prior awning/canvas experience not required. Will train the right candidate.
- Manufactures custom canvas awnings based on patterns using specified materials.
- It is expected of all employees to possess a high level of team player attitude and an aggressive desire to learn new tasks and skills. All employees regardless of job title or description must show a complete commitment to customer service and customer needs.
- Must be punctual to all shifts.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work well with the other sewing room team members.
- Pay attention to details
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Lift to/from floor-up to 35 lbs. occasionally
- Kneel or crouch-frequently
*Each applicant should be aware that changes in this job description could occur at any time. Also this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator will be responsible for joining and hemming large HDPE (high density polyethylene) shade fabrics, ranging from 10'x10' up to 60'x60'.
Daily tasks would include but not be limited to sewing, measuring, cutting,etc.
Must be able to work in non-air-conditioned warehouse environment.
Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, overtime may be required.
Hourly pay determined by past experience. Room for advancement and benefits after 90 days.
Shade Systems is a Drug Free Work Place. Applicant must pass a typical background check as well as drug screening upon hire.
Sewing Machine Operator Needed! Operadores De Maquinas De Coser!
Seeking experienced Stitchers for a Manufacturer in Fall River Ma.
-must be reliable and have own transportation
-must have at a minimum of 5 years in manufacturing
- single and double needle
-1st shift 7 am - 3:30 pm
to apply please call 508-990-7670
- Estamos buscando operadores de máquina de coser para la zona de Fall river
- experiencia en maquinas industriales, puntada sola y doble aguja
-tiene que tener su propria transportacion
- para aplicar por favor llame 508-990-7670
651 Orchard Street, Suite 106
New Bedford, MA 02744
Sewing Machine Operator (Seamstress)
We are a established Aerospace Company manufacturing parts for aircraft interiors. Our seat cover division is growing and we are looking for qualified people with upholstery experience to aid in our growth. We have high level of engagement with our customers, suppliers and team. If you want to work within an environment where you are recognized and rewarded for your hard work, we would love to talk to you.
- Experience in industrial sewing and preferably in cover sewing, over-lock and flat-lock stitch.
- Experience with sewing leather preferred. Examining products or work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to show initiative and work with little to no supervision.
- High level of attention to detail and organization skills.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious.
- Comfortable working in an environment where quality is number one.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience and knowledge of sewing with industrial machine, preferably leather.
- Experience using twin needle machines a plus.
- Experience using a post stitch machine a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be one that is driven and motivated, enjoys working in a team environment.
- High School or equivalent
- Spanish Speaking preferred
Founded in 1974 manufacturing superior quality foams, we have grown organically, adding to our expertise with the addition of advanced thermoformed plastic parts before finally integrating soft cover materials with seat covers in 2010.
Based in Lake Elsinore, Southern California, our 150,000 square feet, state of the art facility houses vertically integrated manufacture of aircraft foams, seat covers and thermoplastics. Everything is designed and manufactured in one facility.
Design and development is a core part of our business, providing genuine solutions that are tailored to fit OEM seating products. From initial sketching to 3d Renders through to the final product delivery. Our final product always exceeds customer expectation.
Sewing Machine Operator (Rft/Fleet Storetailor)
Title: SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR (RFT/Fleet StoreTailor) Location:
United States-Hawaii-Pearl Harbor Job Number: 170003U9
Performs work which involves operating a power sewing machine to sew or repair wearing apparel, and other fabric articles. Duties and
Assists in sewing items for authorized partrons. Sews buttons on marked locations, turns material under and sews straight on small items such as pockets, upper edge of cuff for garments, hems; takes in seam allowance, binds straight edge of material; mends tears or rips by straight stitching; darns, shortens or lenghtens trousers or other garments etc.
Operates a sewing machine and maintains working areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Performs other related duties as assigned. Knowledge of blind hemming and fitting helpful.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Sits for long periods with continual movements of hands, arms and fingers in placing items in position and sewing. Handles lightweight items up to 10 pounds continually, and occasionally handles up to 30 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in well lighted and ventilated areas. Areas are often noisy because of numerous machines being operated at the same time.
Operators are subject to possible needle punctures and minor thread cuts
Twelve months experience performing work operating a power sewing machine to sew or repair clothing. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE:
A High School Diploma or GED may be substituted for 6 months of experience. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sits for long periods with continual movements of hands, arms and fingers in placing items in position and sewing. Handles lightweight items up to 10 pounds continually, and occasionally handles up to 30 pounds.
Sewing Machine Operator
PurposeTo perform high quality, efficient operation of sewing machines in an assembly line setting, using single needle, double needle, pattern machines, and other related equipment. Sewing machine operators generally manufacture heavy weight products producing the best quality products possible. 30-40 hours per week.Duties1.Sew a variety of operations on each product, progressing in the difficulty of the work performed and increasing work speed to reach or exceed standards for each operation.2.Become proficient on a variety of sewing machines, including the skill and flexibility to operate single needle, double needle, and programmable machines and other equipment with proficiency. 3.Cooperate with the direction and training provided by supervisors.4.Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the specifications required for each operation. 5.Maintain excellent quality of work by inspecting your work frequently and making necessary adjustments to your sewing machine.6.Notify the mechanic or, if necessary, the supervisor or plant manager if production or quality problems occur which are a direct result of a machine problem. 7.Continue to improve your work set-up and techniques so you grow in your work speed and quality.
Excellent quality is essential and expected from the management and customer. Sewing Machine Operators are responsible for the quality of their work. 8.Contribute to the team atmosphere by making suggestions for improvement in the production process, helping co-workers when they request help and maintain a pleasant and positive attitude.9.Cooperate with the safety programs devised to protect the employees of Helena Industries. 10.Accept additional responsibilities as assigned by a supervisor. Training and ExperienceExperience with textiles or sewing. SupervisionTraining and daily work assignment as well as quality assurance processes will be provided by production supervisors.
Sewing Machine Operator – Utica, NY
Sewing Machine Operator – Utica, NY Posted by Bekah Sebastian"Bekah Sebastian On Nov 08, 2017 Click Here to Apply for this Position Summary of Position: The Utility Sewing Machine Operator supports HT’s mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by performing complex sewing tasks on any equipment, assisting production sewers, and recommending improvements to production processes.
Produce sewn items from drawings, patterns, sketches, and other specifications, and perform all sewing functions on all equipment, with little or no training or instruction, and ensure that all work meets acceptable levels for productivity and quality.
Participate in the development of sewn prototypes, models, and samples, including deconstruction, pattern creation, sew-complete and related data collection.
Work independently, track quantities produced, and inspect own work.
Sew production operations and quantities when necessary to support customer requirements.
Train and support sewing machine operators and assist in trouble shooting production sewing issues, when instructed.
Perform routine machine adjustments, and notify supervisor of machine performance and/or safety issues.
Participate in time studies, and make recommendations for improvement to production sewing operations.
Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
+ 1-3 years of varied sewing experience, utilizing industry-standard equipment, including but not limited to single needle, surging, tacking.
Able to sit for extended periods of time.
Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks. EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Click Here to Apply for this Position
Sewing Machine Operator
Sewing Machine Operator Job#:460942 Positions:1 Posted:10/25/2017 Job Type:Full Time Location:Garland, NC Department:Manufacturing Operations Category:Garland Shirt Factory Apply To This Job Return To List Job Description As the country’s oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers is proud to uphold the same traditions and values for nearly two centuries. We believe these are the reasons why our customers consider us to be far more than a store. Brooks Brothers has been an American icon since 1818. In 1915, our present ten-story flagship store opened at 346 Madison Avenue near New York’s most prominent social organizations, including the Harvard and Yale Clubs and the New York Yacht Club. Almost 200 years later, we continue to dress ladies and gentleman of all generations and cultivate long-term relationships with our loyal clients. Our stores represent our respect for our heritage and vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination. We continually strive to make this a great place to work with a strong emphasis on career development and associate satisfaction. We are consistently devoted to championing both our people and the Brooks Brothers Brand. The diversity of our operations has recently created an opportunity for a Sewing Machine Operator located at our Garland, NC, Shirt Factory.
Sets up an automatic sewing machine in accordance with established specifications.
Obtains appropriate sections of shirts in preparation for sewing.
Operates an automatic sewing machine, including feeding material into the machine and examining completed products.
Maintains safety awareness in, and around work areas, observing and reporting potential areas of concern.
Maintains high quality standards as required.
Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required. Skills/Requirements Knowledge Required:
Sufficiently able to understand and follow directions.
Prior performance of duties in a manufacturing environment is helpful. Skills/Aptitudes:
Attention to detail
Flexibility in task assignments
Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
Normal color vision may be required. Certificates/Licenses Required:
None Working Conditions:
Light lifting; pushing/pulling of carts
Frequent bending and working near moving machine parts are required.
Standing for lengthy periods of time may be required.
Exposure to sewing needle changes and scissors exists.
Occasional extra hours are required. Brooks Brothers is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all. Equal Employment Opportunity We Value and Respect Each Other by Providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Brooks Brothers is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or Associate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and Associates based on any of these protected categories. It is also Brooks Brothers policy to comply with all applicable federal and state laws respecting consideration of employment status and requests for reasonable accommodations in hiring and employment decisions. We expect mutual respect in support of our values and Equal Employment Opportunities. #LI-AC1P #LI-AC1P Apply To This Job
Sewing Machine Operator
Sewing Machine Operator
Sports Addix - Lowell, MI
This position is a part of the production department in a fast paced, rapidly expanding Sports Apparel company. Sports Addix is the official gear provider of the MHSAA as we have expanded into all sports. This position will allow you the potential for upward mobility in a fun and exciting atmosphere!
- Operating a straight stitch, overlock, and coverstitch sewing machine
- Following standard protocols to ensure the correct items are produced for each work order
- Checking for errors in each unit of the work order
- Operating a fabric cutter for pattern cutting
- Working between 35-40 hours a week within the daily hours of 7am-5pm
- NO SEWING EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
- The ability to work at a high pace
- The ability to communicate with a team to work in the most efficient manner possible
- The ability to problem solve
- The ability to have great attention to detail
Addix is your one stop shop for custom gear, custom team apparel and much more. Designed and manufactured here in Michigan, Addix can provide everything for your program including Jerseys, warmups, spirit wear.
Addix has grown at a rapid rate (over 40%) each of the past 3 years. If you are looking for an exciting, innovative company that offers unlimited growth potential, Addix is the place for you.
A Michigan product, by Michigan people, Michigan Made, Addix.
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Your passion for sewing is a fun way to earn money while creating cold air inflatables, banners and more!
Primary responsibilities include sewing cold air inflatable balloons and banners on industrial sewing machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute sewing techniques and understand proprietary terminology
- Develop accurate measuring skills
- Interpret patterns and sewing instruction for assembly of inflatables
- Assemble and construct inflatables
- Discuss new projects with Heavy Sewing Supervisor and designer prior to construction of inflatable
- Use of heat welder, box tacker, machine and hand grommet, webbing cutter and hot knife
- Read internal work orders and apply relevant information
- Be aware of and meet project due dates
- Comply with all company polices and procedures
- Keep journal of notes on every project
- Maintain proper levels of maintenance and sanitation in and around work area
- Conduct simple machine maintenance as required
- Demonstrate and encourage safe work practices at all times
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with the spirit of teamwork
- Perform any and all duties as required by management
- Must be able to interpret complex sketches, drawings and patterns
- Prior experience and/or basic knowledge of sewing techniques
- Exemplify a "Make-it-happen" attitude
- Posses a strong work ethic
- Ability to complete projects on a timely basis
- Available for overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Sewing experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Internal Work Orders and designs
- Ability to read measurements, fractions and rulers to produce a quality inflatable
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 75 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, bending, kneeling and stretching are an integral part of this position
- Use of small step stool
Full-time Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
We offer Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
Our people are essential to the way we do business. We develop as a company by working closely with our staff. Product research and development is a key and vital role in our ability to provide the highest levels of quality. We are constantly developing new products, ideas and technologies to meet the ever changing needs of our clients and the industries we serve. We listen carefully to our clients, work together, think creatively and encourage individual accountability. We believe that with this approach Inflatable Images has been and continues to be the industry standard. Founded in 1982, Inflatable Images has been counted upon by literally thousands of large corporations, government agencies, schools, sports teams and small companies alike to produce some of their most memorable inflatables for any event.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
Inflatable Image prides itself by incorporating the most advanced technologies available to our industry. Our design staff utilizes state of the art printing, cutting and digital equipment, and the latest 3D engineering software available. Inflatable Images is in position to meet or exceed our clients most exact requirements for high quality design, fit and finish. Our skilled designers, technicians and artisans are dedicated to the notion that uncompromising quality and relentless service are the backbone to our business.
HOW WE WORK
Our goal is to provide our clients with unique and highly visible inflatable, digital promotions and displays that compliment a total advertising campaign. By working closely with our clients during the concept and design phase, we can ensure we have a shared vision and understanding of the entire project. This basic formula ensures we will be able to design and deliver uncompromising products and promotions that command attention, generate brand recognition, and create lasting impressions every time.
Scherba Industries, Inc. - EOE
Check us out at www.inflatableimages.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!