Bookkeeper Job Description Sample
Our Company is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join our Finance Team. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for performing varied closing and accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions and generation of reports, invoices, etc. The Bookkeeper will primarily perform accounting functions to include AR, AP, and payroll processing. The ideal candidate has demonstrated accounting skills, an exceptional work ethic and is ready to roll up his / her sleeves. Candidates should be comfortable operating in a fast-moving, high-growth environment. The Bookkeeper will work under the direction of a company executive.
Please note: This is a Full-time position.
Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of financial transactions and cash flow;
Review cash receipts and disbursement for the proper accounting of transactions;
Routinely enter financial transactions into the company’s accounting system;
Reconcile activity per payroll and bank statements to transactions recorded in the general ledger;
Create and update personnel (e.g., charge codes, PTO) and project data (e.g., labor categories, period periods) in the company’s accounting system;
Process payroll, reconcile bank accounts and record the necessary adjustments in the general ledger.
Prepare financial statements and related reports for presentation to executive team.
Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, legal, and operation departments to ensure efficiency in the team operation.
Preparation of timely, accurate, and required financial information for month/quarter/year-end close.
Assist with special projects based on needs of a company executive.
Process departmental mail;
Record bills and cash disbursements;
Maintain vendor files;
Process expense reimbursements.
Record cash receipts;
Maintain AR report.
Prepare payroll to be processed in ADP
Import time sheets into the accounting system;
Track benefits deductions;
Track, update and adjust, where necessary, PTO;
Calculate cash requirements;
General accounting tasks
Reconcile bank and credit card accounts;
Reconcile balance sheet accounts;
Recognize and report prepaid and depreciable assets to accountant;
Assistant accountant with month end close.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• An Associate's degree in a relevant field is strongly desired;
• 3+ years of progressively responsible experience as a Bookkeeper is preferred;
• Knowledge of DCAA, FAR, and other relevant aspects of Federal contracting is preferred;
• Outstanding accounting and communication skills, a positive attitude and professional demeanor;
• Thorough knowledge of/experience with Microsoft Office applications to include Excel is required;
• 2 years of experience with Deltek, PROCAS, or similar accounting software is preferred;
• Experience supporting Federal contracts is required.
• Candidate must be amenable to work schedule changes;
• Candidate must be a self-starter and have the ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
JOEY Restaurants has been delivering an irresistible dining experiences within a fun and lively setting since 1992 and currently operate in over 35 locations throughout BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Washington State and California.
For our Partners, life at JOEY is different. And we’re proud of that. All the key words apply – you know the ones: fast-paced, driven, dedicated, full of potential – but we like the word hungry. We are Canada’s leader in premium casual dining after all. Our menu is a globally inspired mix of our favorites from around the world. Hand-picked – like everything in our restaurants – for our guests. So, what does all this mean for you? It means if you’re looking for a place to start your career or meet your potential, we’d like to meet you.
AS A BOOKEEPER
- You will play an important role in the operations of the Restaurant. You will be the glue of the team and will be responsible for duties such as ordering, training, tracking and filing expenses, payroll and managing the daily sales and cash routine. The ideal candidate will be organized, proactive in their approach, outgoing and passionate about the hospitality industry.
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar administration role.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is seen as a significant asset.
We’re looking for potential – for the hungry. What are you looking for?
*JOEY Restaurants is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
SportsMed Physical Therapy, a multidisciplinary physical therapy practice is seeking a Bookkeeper!
We are a growing practice with multiple facilities in Bergen, Passaic and Hudson Counties in New Jersey. We are looking for driven, motivated, and positive individuals to join our growing team! All our facilities have state of the art equipment focused on out-patient sports medicine and orthopedic diagnoses.
· 3+ years of Bookkeeping experience
· 3+ years of experience with QuickBooks
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel
· Account Payable experience
· Paying vendor invoices and tracking account balances
· Tracking and ordering inventory
· Detail orientated
High School Diploma or Equivalent
BENEFITS WE PROVIDE:
-Competitive Pay based on experience
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Guaranteed Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays
Though 9 in 10 Latino young adults say a college degree is important for success in life, fewer than 15% age 25 or older hold a bachelor’s degree. Voices College-Bound Language Academies exists to change that.
Voices is a public charter school network with a mission to prepare all students for the challenges of higher education through the context of an academically rigorous dual-language program. Every student, regardless of home language, graduates bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish. As we expand to serve more traditionally underserved students, Voices seeks additional team members who share a commitment to its mission and believe joyful learning and world-class academic preparation are not mutually exclusive.
Voices Academies’ Bookkeeper will assist the Voices Director of Accounting in ensuring that the Charter Management Organization (CMO) and its 4 schools are issuing timely financial statements to the Board and Leadership Team. The ideal candidate is systematic, entrepreneurial, meticulous, detail-oriented, fiercely organized and has strong interpersonal and communication skills. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the day-to-day CMO accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and performing general accounting functions, as required. As needed, the Bookkeeper will travel to the other schools in the network to assist with these same functions.
- Perform accounts payable including vendor records maintenance (e.g. W-9’s)
- Conduct bank reconciliations
- Support purchasing requests and processing of Purchase Orders for CMO team needs
- Help maintain required business documents
- Prepare monthly journal entries, assist Staff Accountant with general ledger maintenance
- Assist with preparation of annual 1099’s
- Maintain financial document retention files
- Setup new vendor and maintenance accounts
- Conduct reconciliation of vendor statement and correct discrepancies
- Manage deposits and cash reports
- Prepare and/or review of all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure
- Travel between the 4 school locations as needed
- Assist the Director of Accounting and partner with school Business Managers with bookkeeping activities and preparing for the annual audit process
- Perform other related duties as may be requested
Voices Academies Bookkeeper candidates will have the following
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years Bookkeeping experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Google Apps
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision and values of Voices Academies with a deep commitment to improving the lives of students from low-income communities
- Outstanding written, speaking, and organizational skills with experience interacting with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Develop relational trust across constituencies, by maintaining a positive attitude with students, parents and staff, while also maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience or commitment to public education, social justice, efficacy and equity.
- Experience with accounting systems (experience with Sage Intacct a plus but not required)
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience as a bookkeeper for an organization of 50+ employees
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment; working efficiently, and exercising excellent judgment in making decisions.
- Tolerate high levels of stress
Personal and Professional – Finally, the ideal candidate will hold the following personal and professional competencies:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Commit deep passion and thought to the work of building an innovative, mission-driven school
- Leadership – Couple strong management with excellent interpersonal skills in leading an organization in one’s functional domain
- Relationship – Develop relational trust across constituencies, by maintaining a positive attitude with students, parents and staff, while also maintaining confidentiality
- Organization – Be intensely execution-oriented and frighteningly organized, allowing one to work in a fast paced, but sometimes unpredictable, environment
- Perspective – Combine maturity, humility, a strong work ethic, a sense of humor, and a roll-up-my sleeves attitude to celebrate successes as well as navigate times of ambiguity and high levels of stress
- Professionalism – See oneself as an ambassador of the school, presenting oneself both positively and professionally at all times and with all constituents
- Regular requirement to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, see, read, speak, reach, stretch with hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional evening and or weekend work
- Occasional travel
- Willingness to be trained as needed
Prior to Employment: Once an offer has been extended, a candidate must meet the following criteria to receive a final contract:
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Valid TB Clearance
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Medical benefits
- Exceptional growth opportunities
- Retirement plan
- Reports directly to the Director of Accounting (DOA)
- Permanent Salaried, Exempt Position
- At-Will Contract
If you have any questions about this position, please contact our hiring team by email at email@example.com. Thank you.
Voices College-Bound Language Academies is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Voices to afford equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!