Part Time Product Demonstrator
Part Time Product Demonstrator
Are you outgoing and enjoy interacting with people? If promoting brands through product demonstration sounds appealing, then our Part Time job could be the right fit for you! We are looking for Brand Ambassadors who will engage customers by promoting products to increase sales. If you have experience in food services, retail, and/or customer service or simply enjoy interacting with customers, then we want to hear from you!
Things to consider:
* Entry level position
* Shifts are generally 6 hours with a 30 min. lunch between the hours of 10:30am – 6:30pm Wednesday – Sunday.
* Average employee has 3-5 shifts per week.
* Competitive pay rates
Take this opportunity to join North America's leading business solutions provider to manufactures and retailers, where you will help build your career working with amazing people and earn competitive pay rates! Apply today!
What We Offer:
* Part Time Benefits
* 401(K) with company match
* Vacation Time
* Paid Training and ongoing career development
What You'll Do:
* Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner with management and customers.
* Able to work independently and as a motivated team player.
* Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales.
* Assess customers' needs and interests in order to best recommend products.
* Set up, break down, product preparation and sampling during in-store demonstrations.
* Timely completion of all call reports, paperwork, and on-going training by required deadlines
* High School Diploma preferred or equivalent job-related experience
* Sales and/or customer service experience preferred
* Daily Internet/email access and/or smartphone required
* Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Event Specialist generates excitement, customer engagement, brand awareness, and increased product sales through conducting event demonstrations. The Event Specialist is responsible for physically preparing, maintaining, and cleaning the demonstration area (including physically assembling and otherwise setting up and later breaking down the demonstration cart); actively marketing the product being demonstrated by physically approaching nearby shoppers to gain their attention and interest; preparing (e.g., cooking) and providing food or beverage samples or otherwise demonstrating the product to those shoppers who are successfully drawn in; and reading program materials as assigned to be able to conduct informed product-related discussions with consumers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct demo event for approximately 5 ¾ hours
* Get out in front of and move around cart area to approach customers within 10 feet of cart
* Engage customers in a professional and memorable manner which generates enthusiasm for the product and the event and helps create a positive shopper experience
* Educate the consumer about the products, create brand awareness, and drive product sales
* Prepare product samples using demo equipment such as sharp knives, cooking appliances, and other food preparation tools
* Offer product samples to consumers
* Keep cart adequately stocked with samples, ingredients, and products for purchase, obtaining items from locations throughout the store as needed
* Maintain the area surrounding the demo in a safe and clean condition
Set up event within approximately 15 minute period
* Push cart weighing up to 52-74 lbs. a distance of 150-300 feet from storage area to event execution area
* Carry appliances/equipment weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet
* Retrieves product and supplies (requires lifting up to 20 lbs., reaching overhead; and carrying up to 20 lbs,up to 40 lbs at some locations, for a distance of 5 feet)
* Assemble cart and construct/set-up/display Point of Purchase materials, insert price signs, display product information, and lift signs up to 5 lbs.
* Set up and display product/materials on cart
Break down and clean up event within approximately 15 minute period
* Clean-up and sanitize cart
* Disassemble cart
* Push cart weighing up to 52-74 lbs. a distance of 150-300 feet from event execution area to storage area
* Return appliances/equipment by carrying items weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet
* Wash utensils and cookware
Perform administrative work
* Study product materials to develop product knowledge
* Review event schedule
* Complete call reports
* Attend trainings
* Check voice mails and emails
* Participate in scheduled calls with Supervisor/others as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong verbal communication skills
* Reading comprehension
* Active listening
* Ability to understand and apply new information, procedures or principles to perform job duties
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
* Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting form one to another with frequent interruptions
* Time management
* Detail orientation
* Basic computer skills to enter and locate information, including familiarity with Word, Excel and Internet usage
* Excellent customer service orientation
* Positive demeanor
* Sales orientation
* Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
* Willingness to uphold ethical standards, laws and company policies and procedures
* Knowledge of ASM demo guidelines related to selling, preparing samples, and safety
* Ability to use demo preparation and cooking equipment such as small countertop appliances, utensils and thermometers
* Knowledge of food safety policies and procedures
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time
* Ability to move throughout demo area to engage the customer
* Ability to move to locate products and supplies
* Ability to visually locate merchandise and other objects
* Execute demonstrations on scheduled date and time (subject to any schedule adjustments necessary to properly complete set up and break down or as otherwise modified by ASM management)
* Stand for up to 6 hours (other than legally required breaks/meal periods) and actively move around store up to a distance of about ½ mile to obtain, set up, and clean up demonstration cart and related equipment/materials; obtain product from shelves; conduct demonstration event
* May need to pass online Food Safety certification (all training hours will be paid for by the Company)
* Certain product demonstrations may require specialized talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties in order to be eligible to conduct a particular event. If an associate does not satisfy the particular requirements for the specialized event, he/she would remain eligible for the standard, non-specialized events otherwise available to all associates in the position (to the extent such positions are available). Examples of the talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties which may be required to conduct a specialized event include (without limitation): ability to satisfy requirements necessary to conduct product demonstrations involving alcoholic beverages; Food Safety Certification; Responsible Alcohol Server Certification; video game /other consumer electronics knowledge, skills, and experience
* Reliable access to a computer and a phone on a daily basis
* Satisfactory completion of background check/drug testing subject to applicable law
* Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate.
* Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
POST JOBS FOR FREE