Boring Machine Operator Production Job Description Sample
Boring Machine Operator
Immediate opening for a Horizontal Boring Operator. Experience preferred.Benefits available.
Wages based on skills and experience.Mort's Water Company recommends the National Career Readiness Certificate. For more information on how to obtain the NCRC, contact IowaWORKS at (641)422-1524 x44521.
Boring Machine Operator
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Our Fox Valley Client is a 2nd generation family owned telecommunications company that is looking for a DIRECT HIRE Directional Drilling and Boring Machine Operator.
They have 9 employees and are looking for a candidate who shares in their commitment to hard work, honesty, integrity, and top-notch customer service.
This position involves working mostly outside and is physically demanding.
Summary: The Directional Drilling and Boring Machine Operator will transport machinery to and from jobsite.
Once on the jobsite they will operate the Directional Boring Machine for a wide variety of installations based off of blueprints and designated plans provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
Operate and maintain directional boring machine, directional boring locator, and support truck Drill in accordance with blue prints and designated plans Locate boring head along bore route Hand dig to expose utility lines to be crossed In support truck operate mixers to blend water and drilling additives for various mixes to maintain hole stability If candidate has a CDL class A with brake endorsement, he/she will drive CDL Rigs to transport machinery to and from jobsitesOTHER EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS: Qualifications for Directional Drilling and Boring Machine Operator: 1 year of Horizontal Directional Boring Machine/ Directional Boring Locator experience Must possess solid blueprint reading skills A high school diploma or equivalent is required Ability to stay overnight at times during the week (1-2 weeks of advance notice is given.
They provide vehicles, hotel rooms and also pay a daily per diem) CDL class A with brake endorsement and good driving record is preferred.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Apply In Person: Career Options 2800 E.
Appleton, WI 54913 Mail a Rsum: Career Options 2800 E.
Appleton, WI 54913 E-Mail a Rsum: Apply Online:
Fax a Rsum: E-Mail a Work Application: Other: Please visit our website at for complete details and other open opportunities.
Click here to view 5 misconceptions about the staffing industry -
Production Batch Mixer/ Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
The Batch Mixer / Machine Operator has the primary function of processing or blending Woodland Foods products in accordance with our quality and food safety standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Report all production activities for each production run into database
- Weigh ingredients according to batch sheets and add to mixers
- Report all production activities for each production run into database
- Mix batches according to mixing instructions
- Set up and operate cutting or grinding equipment to reduce the particle size of ingredients
- Complete all required HACCP and quality paperwork on a daily basis
- Order products and packaging from material handlers to work area prior to each production run
- Ensure work area starts on time on a daily basis
- Perform routine adjustments and troubleshoot equipment as needed during production runs
- Ensure all products made are of acceptable quality
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with blending or processing equipment preferred
- Must have working knowledge of general warehouse operations, food industry experience a plus
- Must be flexible with hours, possibility for OT
- Ability to lift 55lbs. and team lift anything over 55lbs.
- Must follow all WF GMP’s and work consistently with all food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Must have computer skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural documents
- Understand the basics of scale operations, weights, and measurements
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrate good leadership skills
- Flexibility to adapt to different production lines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility. Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office and manufacturing environment
- Exposure to dust, odors, and noise
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Some of these ingredients have journeyed from far flung corners of the earth to reach your plate—like the strikingly bold quinoa fields buried alongside the Andes Mountains of Peru, the Indian spice markets filled with the scent of a thousand spices, the stunning salt shores off the coast of France, and the gorgeous plush landscape of the Bhutan rice fields; each has a different story to tell.
Together, our ingredients represent all areas of the inhabited world. Woodland Foods’ search for unique ingredients has spanned the globe and taken us to over 60 countries on 6 different continents. With such a wide variety of ingredients, we also recognize that it’s crucial to have a complete selection that incorporates kitchen essentials.
Today, we stand at the forefront of the specialty ingredient industry, focused and poised to provide a constantly growing stream of exotics such as freekeh, Kermes rice and scorpion chiles, while continuing to offer mainstream favorites such as thyme, almonds and sun-dried tomatoes. We also maintain our substantial and steadily growing line of health-conscious foods, including organics, vegan and gluten-free products.
As we have done from the beginning, Woodland Foods strives to meet the growing and changing needs of manufacturing, foodservice, retail and club store customers. We love to share our passion for food and our search for the next remarkable ingredient is never complete. Whether you are looking for the staples within our unrivaled selection or distinctive ingredients to set your products apart, Woodland Foods is your trusted specialty food ingredient provider.
Machine Operator - Production
Machine operators are responsible for working on the line in different capacities for our client.
Machine Operator Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that production equipment, tools and machinery are functional at all times.
• Start up production machinery at the beginning of each shift and ensure proper closing down at the end.
• Perform a variety of tasks aimed at equipment change-over.
• Make specific adjustments to production machinery to ensure quality control and efficiency of production work.
• Ensure that production work is performed by following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and job safety analysis.
• Perform a series of preventative and general maintenance tasks on production equipment and tools.
• Ensure that work areas are clean and maintained at all times so that security of production workers is maintained.
• Measure ingredients and products accurately so that optimal levels of production can met.
• Ensure that end products conform to quality and quantity standards of the company.
Machine / Production Operator
What Southwire is looking for in Machine Operator candidate.
Southwire is looking for people that have a HEAVY BACKGROUND in a MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT. Our Operators are working inside of a large building with several things going on at one time. It may be hot or even chilly at times, and therefore very physical. Attention to detail is paramount, and you MUST have a high aptitude skill level in mechanical operation, and mathematics. One of our Machines is called an Extruder, and it literally places a Nylon coating on Electrical cables to a desired length. An Extruder operator must be able to multi-task, and yet can focus on the finished product with zero defects. CNC operators, Machinists, RF Press operators, and Injection Molding machine operators are good examples of the types of candidates that Southwire is looking for.
Each candidate who applies will be given an ability assessment test, that will determine a baseline of the skills needed to perform the job of basic machine operator. From there we will provide a technical interview to see if you are the type of person who has what it takes to work at Southwire within it’s Manufacturing Division.
Candidates applying for machine Operation position must understand that they will be physically working in a Warehouse Environment, and will constantly be moving.
Must have: High School diploma or equivalent, be able to pass a drug screen and background check, and pass a Southwire Assessment test designed of the above type work.
Fast paced Manufacturing Machine operations, or equivalent experience. (I.E: Military Hydraulics Specialist, working in large hanger, with lots of aircraft being serviced).
Southwire Company Background:
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is North America's largest wire and cable producer. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, utility products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. For more on Southwire's products, its community involvement and its vision of sustainability, visit www.southwire.com and www.southwiretools.com
Production Machine Operator
Best Maid Cookie Company in River Falls, Wisconsin is a fast-growing food manufacturing facility, looking for dependable and hard-working candidates. The cookie business is booming! We are a relationship-based company. Our people are as much a part of our offering as our products. We value an entrepreneurial and industrious approach to work. We encourage creativity. Integrity and loyalty are hallmarks of our company and the way we do business. These values differentiate us from other bakeries, foster sustainable growth and provide a strong foundation for our company.
We are looking for 1st,2ndand 3rd shift Production Machine Operators to join our team! In this role, you would ensure smaller quantities of ingredients are weighed out according to mix record. You would also monitor ingredients and finished mixes for any changes and report changes immediately to management.
- Works with others in a team atmosphere.
- Complete set up of mixing area daily
- Ensuring all necessary oils are present in the quantities described on the mix record.
- Maintaining all paperwork in an orderly and legible fashion.
- Monitors ingredients, reporting any changes immediately to management.
- Follows mix procedures exactly for every mix.
- Checks lay outs for accuracy
- Assists drop operator as needed
- Maintains communication with Mix assistant, drop operator, lead and management.
- Ensures all finished mixes and ingredients meet Best Maid quality standards.
- Completes specified duties between mixes.
- Keeps waste at a minimum.
- Maintains constant pace with production.
- Assists with general housekeeping of the mixing area.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality from breaks.
- Must follow all Best Maid safety protocols.
Duties performed are in a production line setting. Work includes continuous repetitive motion, lifting up to 50 lbs., frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching. This job may be subject to interruptions so; multi-tasking and attention to detail are required. This position is directly involved with fellow team members. You are required to be available for over time, weekend or holiday as needed.
- 2nd shift (2:30-11pm), or 3rd shift (10:30pm-7am)
- $1 shift differential between 6pm-6am
- Full benefits package available including medical, dental, life and more
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Performance Bonuses• 401K with company match
- And of course… free cookies!
We've been making cookies for over 70 years using the freshest ingredients, the finest chocolate, no additives or preservatives and good old-fashioned T.L.C. You'll taste the difference. Treat your customers to a delicious cookie. They'll love them, and so will you!
Machine Operator Production
Machine operators are responsible for safely operating the machines at the highest possible efficiency while tracking production and scrap. They are responsible for keeping the area clean and organized as well as effectively communicating any problems with the machines, product or the department to the shift supervisor. This position may also require crossover training within the department.
- Report to the shift supervisor with regard to any issues on their machine, product or department.
- Monitoring how the machine is running and fixing any minor problems.
- Understanding and following all safety precautions and startup/shutdown procedures.
- Track all pertinent information: initial scrap, product quality, cases produced.
- Complete start up and shutdown checklist on a daily basis.
- Operate the machine in a way that eliminates down time and boosts efficiency.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Understanding and following pertinent SQF regulations.
- Ability to run the machine in accordance to customer specs.
- Achieve daily production goals set by area supervisor.
- Knowledge of customer specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) Required. Associate’s Degree a plus
- 3 or more years of production experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Computer proficiency required with data entry experience preferred
- Willingness to be responsible for company property
- Basic mechanical ability
- Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work in a warehouse environment at a range of cooler temperatures
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and attention to detail.
- Bilingual a plus
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 36-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to loud noise
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Heavy Forklift Traffic
- Position requires standing, walking and bending on a regular basis on concrete flooring
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
Fabric Production Machine Operator
We are seeking a Fabric Production Machine Operator to join our team! You will process fabric and ensure excellent quality control. We are looking to fill 1st and 3rd shifts.
- Retrieve dye directions from computer
- Read and understand dyeing/production instructions
- Handle chemicals and dyes using appropriate personal protective equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Ability to communicate with peers and supervisors about processing problems
- Ability to stand for most of the shift
- Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking skills, and basic math skills
- Ability to handle physical workload: lift 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Work 8-12 hour shifts and Saturdays
Machine Operator - Production
*SIGN PRODUCTION OPERATOR OPENING*
Full and Part Time Positions Available
Imprint/sign production department: Tasks include metal type composition and operation of hot stamp imprinting machine as well as preparation and finishing of laser engraved signage. Applicants must possess ability to work independently, with extreme attention to detail. Will be working with small parts, requiring manual dexterity and excellent vision. Ability to follow and interpret a work-order a must. Language and communication skills also important. Mechanical aptitude a plus. CNC machine operation and CAD programming a plus. Clean environment. Will train the proper individual.
Must have a positive customer service attitude, a good strong work ethic, competent with English skills such as reading, writing, spelling and a dependable attendance record.
- Paid Vacation after 6 months
- IRA retirement
- Paid Holidays
In addition to our many sections of hotel supplies on the National Hospitality website, we also feature a hospitality section of restaurant supplies for the foodservice industry. Whatever your hotel, motel or restaurant needs are, your #1 source is National Hospitality Supply.
Production (Manufacturing) Machine Operator
This is a full-time, direct hire position
15 PAID VACATION DAYS A YEAR!
Essential Job Functions:
- Safely and efficiently produce product in accordance with the highest quality and quantity specifications in mind.
- Interact with GPA management, customer service, sales, warehouse and all other department in a respectful, helpful, and professional manner while performing daily responsibilities.
- Operate all assigned machinery in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the Company’s Safety Policy.
- Ensure that the assigned equipment is properly maintained and maintenance/production logs are accurately recorded.
- Inspect products for quality to prevent sub-standard product from being packaged and shipped.
- Use various equipment (cutter, packaging equipment, presses, and the computer) to get the job done.
- Maintain a clean work area in accordance with daily and weekly housekeeping standards.
- Maintain order status logs on the computer as well the “Daily Treatment Room Impression” worksheet.
- Ensure that all product in the treatment center and warehouse areas are staged for production or put-away are properly labeled and in the proper location.
- Ensure that the warehouse is aware of orders that are being produced for same-day shipment.
- Conduct warehouse activities as needed; processing of outbound orders through standardized shipping methods and the fulfillment of LTL, and UPS/FedEx orders as necessary.
- Provide backup support for material placement in the warehouse.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to fluently understand, speak, read, and write English
- General computer skills
- 1+ years of previous machine or press operation experience strongly desired
- Ability to lift and handle cartons weighing in excess of 50 pounds consistently throughout the day
- Ability to stand and walk for long hours at a time
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be able and willing to work overtime upon request
- Dependable- Arriving on time, with good overall attendance, and reliable transportation
- Cooperative- Pleasant towards others on the job and a cooperative attitude
- Adaptable- Able to quickly adjust to change
We do not offer relocation
GPA is an equal opportunity employer
We use E-Verify
All post-offer candidates will be subject to the successful completion of a background check (employment history verification, criminal record and education verification) and drug screen before they can begin employment.
No Phone calls please.
Our foundation is built on consistently delivering a wide variety of superior products at a great value. It is our continued focus on developing innovative solutions for label and specialty applications, combined with the commitment to provide the best products in the marketplace that has positioned us as the industry leader.
GPA is the market leader in substrate solutions for offset, digital and wide format printing, with a comprehensive offering of pressure sensitive papers, films, laser labels, eco-friendly substrates, digital and specialty papers, and more. GPA can introduce you to the substrates that are the foundation for today's most profitable applications.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!