Boring Mill Set Up Operator Horizontal Job Description Sample
Horizontal Boring Mill Operator 2Nd Shift
Alloy Engineering/Wellington Division is seeking a second shift Horizontal Boring Mill Operator. Individual will be required to set up, program, and operate the machine in a safe, high quality manner and have respect for their equipment. Individual should have experience in a job shop setting and be used to very low production runs. Very quick change environment where materials are always ready to get on machine. Experience with VTL equipment would be very helpful also. Alloy Engineering is an employee owned company and shares monthly bonuses when corporate objectives are met and annual pension payments when annual objectives are met along with base pay. Individuals must have a team oriented approach and play well with others.
Large Horizontal Boring Mill Setup/Operator (A & B Shift)
Precise Tool & Manufacturing Inc. is a locally owned and operated state of the art manufacturing company offering an expansive range of contract machining since 1975. Our facilities are clean, well-lighted and one of the most modern in operation today. If you enjoy a challenging, fast paced, dynamic environment, we have great opportunities for furthering your career working for a solid successful business. Precise Tool offers competitive pay, benefits and advancement opportunities.
Precise Tool is currently recruiting Large Horizontal Boring Mill Setup/Operators (A & B Shift)
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Set-up and run Kuraki Horizontal Boring Mills.
- Boring, drilling, pocket milling and face milling of castings or forgings to close tolerances and sizes.
- Making rigid set-ups and determine proper speeds and feeds.
- Must be able to interpret and implement blueprint specifications.
- Must have experience on CNC machines and familiar with GD&T.
- Knowledge of Fanuc controls is a plus.
- Selecting, inspecting and setting up tools to ensure quality production.
- Inspecting and dimensionally checking production to ensure manufacturing requirements are met.
- Utilizing properly calibrated measuring instruments to perform in-process inspection.
- Performing routine operator maintenance and operational checks on tools and equipment.
- Maintaining work area, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 8 years experience.
- Personal Days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
Precise Tool & Manufacturing Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
Precise Tool & Manufacturing Inc.is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.
Horizontal Boring Mill
About Us: Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States.
We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
Horizontal Boring Mill
Under the direction of the Machine Shop Supervisor, the mechanic takes rough forgings and plate and transforms them into machined tube sheets, flanges and covers. These completed units are used later in the process to produce bolting flanges and closures on shell and tube heat exchangers.
Essential Duties and
1. Performs assigned tasks in a safe manner, avoiding all unsafe practices. 2.
Sets up raw material and near finished product onto the chuck/machine. 3. Adjusts, sets up, and uses a variety of cutting tools. 4. Operates both table and floor type horizontal boring mill; lathes; drill presses; Bridgeport type milling machine. 5.
Checks lubricating fluids periodically. 6. Performs preventative maintenance on the mill. 7. Inspects finished product. 8.
Corrects defects as required. 9. Drills bolt holes as needed. 10. Operates overhead and jib cranes to move products in shop. 11.
Performs internal quality control of machining procedures. 12.
Sets up and performs jobs based on shop practices and procedures. 13. Removes shavings as needed. 14. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent; or equivalent experience; knowledge of machining practices. Skills
Read and write English language; must comprehend and use geometry & algebra; able to read and interpret drawings, accurately read and interpret measuring devises. Experience in fab shop. Required Tools
Set of telescoping gauges up to 1-1/4”, 10 or 12 foot tape, 12” adjustable wrench, 6” or 12” scale, center punches, 10, 12, or 14 oz. ball pein hammer, set of hex key wrenches, indicator, basic layout (dividers, trammel points, scribe), adequate tool box. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Disabled/VeteranJob Title: Horizontal Boring Mill
Date Posted:* 11/30/2017 Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Job Type:* Full-Time Regular
Position Id:* EB-1179775290
Boring Mill Machinist - Horizontal Mills
Position: Boring Mill Machinist Department: Machine Shop
Reporting To: Machine Shop Foreman Status: Hourly/ Non-exempt
Basic Function: Programming, Set-up, and operation of C.N.C machining centers, Horizontal Mills
· Experienced Boring Mill Machinist
· Experience 5 years’
· Must be able to read and program in G code
· Must be able to do set ups
· Fanuc Controls is a plus
· Must be able to setup weldments
· Must be able to work nights – Monday through Friday
· Work 50 or more hours a week
¨ Set-up each work piece so that it can be machined in the most efficient way possible
¨ Determine proper tooling to run specific job(s)
¨ Proper maintenance of machining centers.
¨ Housekeeping and clean-up of machines and general work area.
¨ Inspect his/her own work to assure that print specs are achieved
¨ Assist Machine Shop Supervisor relative to his/her work requirements.
¨ Read engineering prints
¨ Make corrections to prints as needed in conjunction with Machine Shop Supervisor and Mechanical Engineering.
¨ Make recommendations to Machine Shop Supervisor about machining processes.
¨ Must read all types of micrometers and gages to verify work is correct to print requirements.
Education: High School Diploma Required
Journeyman Machinist preferred
Experience: 1 year as machinist
Fori Automotive is an innovative global supplier of automated assembly equipment for the automotive and aerospace industries. Headquartered in Shelby Township, Michigan, Fori also manufacturing facilities in Mexico, Korea, Germany, India, Brazil, and China. Our diverse global customer base includes Automotive and Aerospace OEM assembly plants, Tier One suppliers to the OEMs, as well as other non-automotive customers.
CNC Horizontal Boring Mill Machinist - MP
This manufacturing company is seeking a Manual Horizontal Boring Mill Machinist for long-term, full-time positions. You will operate a Horizontal Boring Mill Machine utilizing blueprints. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Qualified candidates must have minimum of 4 years of Manual Horizontal Boring Mill operation experience, must have the ability to read blueprints, and must be dependable. Only those candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4389.
The Area Temps Advantage
Every year we match thousands of quality employees with rewarding office, industrial, professional, technical and skilled trades opportunities.
City Search Applicant Network:
Our interactive centralized network links our three branch locations, providing unprecedented access to over 80,000 personally interviewed and performance-rated applicants. Clients are guaranteed the best candidates - and job seekers have access to the best opportunities - in the Greater Cleveland area.
We assess our candidates with skill-specific interviewing, online skills testing, as well as internal and client-generated performance ratings. Employees with the highest ratings are considered first for available assignments.
On-site visits help our account representatives create solutions that are specifically tailored to each client company's needs. And our staffing supervisors have personally met, interviewed and evaluated every candidate we refer.
From customized orientation and training videos, to our unconditional guarantee, to free computer software testing and training, we go the extra mile to deliver outstanding value.
Our staff continually participates in formal and on-the-job training, as well as continuing education, to improve the results we deliver.
CNC Horizontal Boring Mill Machinist
Job Description: Knowledge of Fanuc Controls, G-code programming, Experience with CNC horizontal and vertical machining centers, Load tooling, monitor tooling and adjust as needed.
Monitor coolant and oil levels on the machine and fill as needed. Ability to read and comprehend measuring equipment. Inspecting parts produced, communicating with supervisor any programming problems regarding work holding and programming.
Communicate tooling needed with supervisor for upcoming jobs, design and produce fixturing for upcoming jobs. Lifting, loading and unloading parts and fixtures into and out of equipment being used. Moving parts or fixtures to and from your work area for the next operation.
CNC Machinist Lg. Horizontal Vertical Mill Operator
About the Company
Signal Metal Industries is a well-established, highly diversified, steel fabrication and machining company that manufactures large steel products for various heavy industries throughout the country. We do traditional job shop work and also perform production work for other large manufacturers in the USA. Our growing, 41 year old company has over 150 employees who are dedicated to providing superior quality products in a safe environment while meeting our customer's toughest delivery requirements.
About the Opportunity
We recognize the importance of rewarding good ideas and initiative. Signal Metal Industries, Inc. doesn't allow bureaucracy to get in the way. The work environment is fast-paced, furious, and high-energy. You'll get a chance to communicate with others without hidden agendas.
* Our machine shop is clean, insulated, and climate controlled in the winter *
As a CNC Machinist for Signal Metal Industries, Inc., you will be an important member of the team that produces finish machined parts; produces pre-machined component parts for our fabrication shop; loads machines using overhead cranes or by hand; assists our programming department with writing and editing programs for our fleet of CNC mills; maintains safe operations of all equipment; accomplishes organizational goals. Candidate MUST be able to set-up, edit, and maintain print specifications. We have four NEW 5" horizontal boring mills and one large vertical mill ALL with Fanuc controls, integrated rotary tables and automatic tool changers. We also operate large CNC VTL's.
We are looking for several EXPERIENCED, PROFESSIONAL, and FULLY-TRAINED individuals to join our team. This is not just a "button pushing" position.
· Proven safety record. Takes precautions and preventive measures to ensure a safe work environment.
· Highly productive with minimal guidance or supervision.
· Understands tooling equipment, tooling processes, and industrial trends. Realizes that part accuracy is directly related to the accuracy of the tooling therefore the tooling must be handled with extreme care.
· Has the ability to read and understand detailed mechanical assembly drawings and detailed machining drawings.
· Experience with manufacturing equipment controls and instrumentation to monitor progress and determine actions. Understands the proper use of OD/ID micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators to ensure accuracy of the part being machined.
· Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
· Maintains attention to detail, completing multiple or repetitive tasks. Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
· Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years on-the-job experience operating a large CNC machine.
· Must have your own Tools to perform your job.
· Capable of heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds).
· Has excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
· Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve processes.
· Experience analyzing complex functions, procedures, and problems to find creative, logical, and affective solutions.
· Articulates ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to match the audience.
· Must have a TEAM PLAYER attitude and work well with co-workers.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes a safe harbor matching 401k plan, dental insurance, medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, life insurance, flexible hours, paid company holidays, free parking, snack and beverage machines available, job training programs, and paid vacations.
*Signal Metal Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. Principals only. Relocation costs not covered by employer. Must be eligible to work in this country. We E-Verify.
Signal Metal Industries has profound impact, experience and sustainable results to make great career matches for individuals. We are a company that values our employees and we are committed to continuing to grow as a leader in our industry.
Boring Mill Operator
Snelling has an opportunity for an experienced Large Boring Mill Operator for a custom machine shop in Grand Rapids MI.
2nd shift, $18 - $22 based on experience
PRIMARY FUNCTION of the Boring Mill Operator:
- Sets up and operates all machine shop equipment to make or repair all types of metal parts and equipment.
- Use of Horizontal boring mills, lathes, drill press, welding equipment, grinders, saws, hoists, micrometers, dial indicators, layout tools, etc.
Responsibilities of the Boring Mill Operator:
- Reads and interprets prints making necessary mathematical calculations to lay out stock or repair damaged parts.
- Sets up and operates large boring mills, lathes, universal mills and drill press.
- Uses hoist to position work piece and correctly aligns and fastens work piece to the machine.
- Uses precision measuring and layout tools to determine machining methods and work process.
- Observes work piece and verifies conformance to specifications and prints.
- Maintains machine tooling and jigs in an orderly fashion. Requisitions parts and supplies as needed.
- Re-grinds and sharpens tools as needed.
- When required, spot welds
- Obeys all safety rules and performs housekeeping assignments.
Qualifications of the Boring Mill Operator:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of past experience.
- Excellent longevity at prior companies
- Able to work overtime as needed
Qualified candidates interested in the Boring Mill Operator position should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
In 2016, Snelling received Inavero's coveted Best of Staffing award in recognition of our exemplary customer service - an honor bestowed on less than two percent of staffing companies in the industry.
Boring Mill Operator
Steel Craft Technologies is looking to hire individuals as boring mill operators at its Belmont location. Applicants should have some CNC knowledge, be able to read a tape measure and willing to be trained. Applicants should be highly motivated and able to work on a team. Additionally, applicants should be able to take direction from foremen and shift leaders.
CNC Vertical Boring Mill Operator
Sets up and operates boring mill(s), working to close tolerances. The operator works from drawings and specifications machining materials such as steel, cast iron, bronze, brass, etc.
§ Positions work piece using overhead or jib cranes, or may manually position the work piece.
§ Sets up the work piece using blocks, straps, clamps, parallels, etc.
§ Selects and uses measuring devices such as micrometers, verniers, pi-tapes, etc.
§ Plans and performs work from drawings and other specifications.
§ Calculates and determines dimensions and tapers using knowledge of shop mathematics.
§ Applies the most efficient speeds, feeds, and machining methods.
§ Verifies dimensions of machined work piece with such measuring instruments as micrometers, telescoping gauges, vernier calipers, and dial indicators.
§ Reads and follows programs put out by Industrial Engineering.
§ Knowledge of feeds, speeds, depth of cut, and positions tools and work piece in relation to each other. Verifies position visually with instruments such as thickness gauges, reading dials and CRT.
§ Safely operates vertical boring mill and other pertinent equipment.
§ Visually observes all vertical boring mill functions.
§ Able to hear commands, crane sounds, back-up alarms, and other warning devices.
§ Exercises proper safety precautions and warning devises.
§ Allocates work time according to the priority of job assignments.
§ Communicates with all involved personnel to assure satisfactory results.
§ Participates in the EPS Continuous Improvement Program.
§ Participates in the EPS Key Quality Objectives.
§ Participates on and with Work Teams.
§ Works without posing a direct threat to the safety and health of himself/herself or others in the workplace.
§ Satisfies Company attendance standards.
§ Performs the attached physical job functions required in a workday.
§ Performs duties using concentrated mental and visual attention.
§ Performs required clerical work such as marking and dating travelers when complete.
§ Oils and maintains machine, as required.
§ Maintains tools and workstation in a clean, safe, and orderly manner.
§ Performs other duties (or assignments), as required.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
*See attached Skills List
INITIATIVE & INGENUITY:
Requires use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of work for the incumbent and possibly others.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!