Box Bender Job Description Sample
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Tube Bender And General Change Over Technician
Universal Tube is a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal tubular components for the automotive industry. Currently, we are looking for a tube bender and general change over technician. Universal Tube provides a great opportunity for hard-working and focused individuals.
In order to be considered for this position, all applications MUST be completed in person at:
2607 Bond Street
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Tube bender and general change over technician
- Program and change over CNC tube bending and mechanical end forming equipment
- Program, Operate, and Change over CNC Tube benders ( we use KCINS benders)
- Setup and troubleshoot bend tooling for prototype, low, and high volume bent tubes
- Layout parts to meet blueprint specifications using calipers, micrometers, full-scale prints, , and other quality equipment.
- Set up and change over secondary tools (end forming, lock up presses, bend fixtures etc.) as needed
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Experience programming and operating CNC tube bending equipment -Required
- Ability to read blueprints and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Basic understanding of CAD systems
Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to utilize standard inspection tools to verify parts meet print specifications - functional gaging
- Ability to work in high pressure situations under normal to tight deadlines
- Basic computer skills
Competitive compensation plans, based on experience
Extremely clean facility with 5S and lean culture
Cooper And Bender Now Hiring!
Cooper and Bender
has a full-time opening for a Legal Secretary in our Adrian, MI office.
This position will support several attorneys and involve day to day administrative responsibilities as the office grows. The ideal candidate will have experience in filing documents, as well as answering the phone, with significant client interaction. We are seeking a resourceful, client service oriented professional with an appreciation for technology and top notch skills to deliver quality work.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
email@example.com or mail to PO Box 805, Adrian, Michigan 49221
General Manager(06511) - 801 W. Bender
ABOUT THE JOB Responsible for building and leading a team, setting high standards for customer service, maintaining excetional product quality standards, local marketing & community involvement, exceptional cash handling & inventory standards. Oversee execution of organizational policies & procedures.
Tube Bender Operator- 1St Shift
Setup and operate various sizes of tube benders to bend different size tubes to required shape. Install bend tooling and align properly.
Program bender as needed. Work from job sheet to get proper blank tubes to bend. Use tape measure, super gauge, calipers, and fixed gauges.
Read job sheets for specifications such as material type, size of blanks. Obtain and transfer blank tubes to machine. Installs proper tooling.
Positions tube and presses proper button(s) to start machine. Measures part for conformity to specifications. Marks 1st part with proper identification.
Check fluid levels and replenishes oil and coolant as needed. Greases machine. Performs any other operations as required.
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
Professionalism: Approaches others in tactful manner; reacts well under pressure treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Safety/Security: Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly; maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training is preferred. Language Skills Ability to speak, read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand and reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required t walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ID: 2018-5071 Street: 1506 Industrial Park Drive Shift:
First External Company Name: Mayville Engineering Company, Inc. External Company URL: www.mecinc.com
Title: Tube Bender
• Shift: 1st
• Pay: $25-$30 hourly
Seeking experienced Tube Benders for a company based in Ann Arbor, MI. Candidates will perform assembly of fluid power components per prints, manifold layout and placement, and tube measurement and bending. This is a temp to hire position!
- Compare components for subassemblies against the print – bill of materials
- Preparation of components
- Assemble components per print
- Layout machine fluid power floorplan
- Spot hydraulic, lube, and coolant tanks
- Fabrication and installation of brackets, switches, and manifolds
- Verify fluid power functions
- Layout and placement of hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, and coolant lines
- Supporting electrical and mechanical technicians during start-up and debug
- Responsible for machine set-up to customer specifications
- Machine disassembly, packaging, and shipping
- Installation and service on customer site
- Blueprint reading.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to complete assignments.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- High School Diploma with 2 years fluid power experience or 4 years fluid power experience
Our Focus: Because manufacturing is all we do, we have the screening and testing tools that assist us in placing you at the right position for your skills and experience.
Tube Bender Specialist
Responsible for maintaining electrical, mechanical operations on Tube Bender and Cut-off equipment. Performs the work of employees and other duties as required.
Tube Bender Specific:
- Manage day to day Tube Bender and associated equipment activities including but not limited to:
- Meeting all customer bent tube requirements
- Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
- Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
- Tooling setup issues
- Program adjustments to ensure that bent tubes meet customer requirements
- Issues related to the non-functionality of the tube bender and ancillary equipment
· Ordering adequate perishable tooling and supplies including lube to ensure the un-interrupted production of bent tubes
· Order adequate levels of spare parts so that down time because of a lack of parts is eliminated
· Develop and implement a maintenance program in a timely manner
· Develop and implement a tool storage/changeover protocol
· Ensure that parts programs are “backed up”
· Adequately train operators to become core competent in the operation of the tube bender
· Coordinate all Bender activities associated with the Launch of the ENA program
· Optimize programs to minimize scrap
CNC cut off machine:
- Operate machine for two weeks so that there is a thorough understanding of functionality and tooling issues
- Develop maintenance program
- Order adequate levels of spare parts
- Order and maintain adequate levels of perishables
- Be the go-to person for problems and issues resolution
- Maintain an 85% or better efficiency and uptime
- Assist with unloading truck
- Assist with implementing 5-S in production area- fabrication area
- Assist with organizing and keeping work environment clean and orderly
Job Type: Full-time
Machining Tech | Bender | 2ND
The primary function of this position is to operate the Press Brake - Bender as a Machining Technician in the Machine Shop.
The equipment is computer numerically controlled (CNC). Reads blueprints or process sheets for specification such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools.Reads and understands measuring tools such as angle and degree square and tape measure. Loads and unloads raw material and completed products, at times with overhead hoist or fork truck. Will operate CNC machines that has been previously programmed.Weiler offers competitive wages and benefits
Bender Operator (1St Shift)
9783BR Title Bender Operator (1st shift)
Hourly Pay Grade 5
Job Description Perform manual duties associated with manufacture of component parts for recreational vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to:
Laser Cell, Bender Cell, Secondary Cell and operation of various types of fabrication equipment (saws, presses, drills, etc.) ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: • Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations. • Maintain a pristine, neat, clean and orderly work area. • Complete and pass Safety training and required company provided training prior to operating equipment/machinery. • Perform duties assigned by supervisor in department assigned. • Use of essential tools including electric, manual and air tools. • Use of essential measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, etc. • Safe operation of all machines/equipment essential in performing duties assigned. • Accurately complete paperwork required for production records, including labor reporting, SPC charts, scrap tags, production logs, etc. • Operators will be required to perform basic set-up operations and ensure part quality. • Participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives. • Perform special projects as assigned • Utilize overhead crane and or forklift – training will be provided • Operators must be able to work overtime with little to no notice to support the needs of the business. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: • HS diploma or equivalent • One year of experience in a manufacturing fabrication environment • Strong mechanical aptitude required • CNC (Machine Controls) experience desired • Work well in a team environment and independently • Ability to read and understand routings, drawings and production reports • Ability to count accurately and follow instructions • Ability to work overtime and weekends, as production schedules require
Location US - Huntsville, AL
Education Requirements High School / GED
Years of Experience Required
About Polaris Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle.
It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years.
With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles.
Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information. Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance? Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Immediate Opening for a professional Tube Bender.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE with set-up, programming and operation of Eagle Ept 90 CNC Tube Bending Machine.
Starting pay $20.00 HR ---Shifts 6:00AM - 2:30pm DAILY
CONTACT WESTERN STAFFING SOLUTIONS AT 951-208-7656 TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR AN INTERVIEW (Interviews from Monday-Friday 10:00AM-3:00pm
Western Staffing Solutions, LLC 1640 2nd St. Ste. 103 Norco, Ca 92860
Western Staffing Solutions, LLC is a temporary staffing company, providing employees to companies who may need assistance on a seasonal or temporary basis. There is an opportunity to become a full time employee of the contract clients.
Appointment Interviews Monday- Friday 10am- 3pm.
Call to schedule your appointment today!
Office: (951) 208-7656
1640 2nd St. Ste. 103 Norco, Ca 92860
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!