Braiding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Position: Braid Utility Operator
Shift: 3rd Shift (Train on 1st Shift)
Rate: $13.80 – $16.38 + shift differential
Duties: Setup, adjust, and operate multiple braiding machines. Replace bobbins as
material runs out; splice ends together in order to assure a smooth braid. Remove reels
from take-ups and install pay-off reels as necessary and other related duties as directed
or by procedure.
· Able to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
· Fill out paperwork and enter computer transactions.
· Use all test equipment accurately.
· Pass a color identification test.
· Must have good trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
· Follow standard work instructions and perform all set-ups & operating procedures within the allotted time.
· Have satisfactory attendance and performance record.
· Able to lift 50 lb. reels
· Stack boxes on pallets
· Position requires overtime
· Train in Lean methods and
participate in team projects such as set-up reduction to help reduce through-put time and increase productivity
· May be required to evaluate work center issues with materials, machines and workloads and report current status to supervisors.
· Perform quality checks.
· Sweep/clean work area at the end of the shift and follow all safety and housekeeping instructions and policies.
· Job requires standing and/or walking for long periods of time
Braiding Operator - 2Nd Shift
Braiding Operator - 2nd Shift Location: Danvers, Massachusetts, United States Requisition #: 17000651 Post Date: Jul 11, 2017
MAINPURPOSE OF JOB Utilizing written and verbal instructions, production operation of continuous braiders. Provide preventative and corrective maintenance of equipment. Perform in-process quality inspection and documentation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________ MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES ·Perform production operation and preventive maintenance of the Steeger/Wardwell braiding equipment under limited supervision ·Ability to follow instructions from written specifications, verbal communications and process flow diagram sources ·Corrective equipment maintenance ·Perform off-line physical testing of product and equipment sub-assemblies ·Sustain spare parts and raw material inventory ·Maintain clean environment conditions ·Utilization of SAP ·Perform other related tasks as assigned or required ·Follow instructions/directions from Group Leader and Team Leader _____________________________________________________________________________________________
REQUIREMENTS ·Graduated from high school, or passed GED/HiSET ·1years of experience with machine parts and equipment maintenance ·Ability to read, understand and work with detailed visual aids such as method layouts, detailed diagrams, schematics, process flow sheets and related assembly documentation ·Ability to use various hand tools and power assisted assembly tools that are common to the medical device industry ·Ability to demonstrate a record of excellent performance in meeting high standards of quality, quantity and dependability (attendance and punctuality) ·Ability to provide concentrated visual and mental attention ·Ability to work overtime as required ·Ability to work well with others ·Ability to work well on teams ·Ability and willingness to move to different work stations
PREFERENCES ·Previous medical device assembly experience at Medtronic ·Vocational or post-secondary technical education in mechanical or machinist trade
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision. Other physical requirement include: ·Good manual dexterity; ability to perform multiple repetitive operations and rotate every 1-4 hours depending on assigned production line/area. ·Able to sit/stand at work station up to 10 hours/day ·Able to lift/carry 5-8 lbs up to 10 hours/day, 8-20 lbs occasionally, 30 lbs 4 times/week ·Able to push 20 lbs 6-8 times/day, pull 30 lbs 6-8 times/day ·Able to lift/carry 40 lbs up to 2 hours/day ·Able to bend/stoop/kneel 2-3 hours/day ·Able to reach arms above head up to 10 hours/day ·Able to use step stool and climb and balance up to 10 hours/day ·Able to use microscope to perform fine close up work up to 10 hours/day ·Able to work with chemicals and solvents with no known chemical allergies ·Vision correctable to 20/20 under normal lighting ·Able to wear cleanroom attire - gown, gloves, safety glasses ·Able to wear hearing protection during entire shift ·Able to wear safety (steel- or composite-toed) shoes during entire shift ·Able to function easily with noise above 85 decibels up to 10 hours/day
WORK ENVIRONMENT - exposure to environmental conditions ·Wet or humid – up to 33% of time ·Work near moving parts – up to 100% of time ·Work in high places – up to 33% of time ·Fumes or airborne particles – up to 33% of time Toxic or caustic chemicals – up to 33% of time
ABOUT MEDTRONIC: Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday.
It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the future.
EEO STATEMENT: It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http at http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees :// at http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Machine Operator – Machine Shop Experience - 2Nd Shift
This is a 2nd shift Floater position, Over time you will learn to run different machines and advance in the company. You must have some experience and exposure to a machine shop.
A great cable manufacturing company in the city of Carson has an immediate need for Machine Operators.
Contract to hire – With full Medical and Dental upon being hired by the company, after the evaluation period.
$12 to $14/hr start. D.O.E.
Job functions and requirements include:
· Cable machine operator to twists large wires
· Braider or Braiding machine operator
· Floaters (individual assists with multiple task on the floor, i.e., stripping wire, rewinding, QC, etc.)
· Eye for detail to ensure meet production demands
· Read blue prints, job orders/cards
· Follow instructions
· Able to meet deadlines
· Previous experience with cable machines is a huge plus.
· Operate and set up a plus
· Machine shop experiences required.
· Must own steel toed shoes.
Any 2nd shift job must be able to train on 1st shift, all training is conducted for 3-6 weeks on the first shift for all applicants must be able to the morning shift for the beginning of this job and then transition to the 2nd shift.
Express Employment Professionals * 22805 Hawthorne Blvd. * Torrance, CA 90505
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
Machine Operator - Finish Blade Operator
Albuquerque Asphalt is accepting applications for a Finish Blade Operator
Must be capable of finishing subgrade & base course for parking lots, roadways, and highways.
Minimum 2 years experience is required.
Hourly Rate D.O.E
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe Operator
1. CNC MILL AND LATHE OPERATOR
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Positions available to start immediately.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
2. MACHINE OPERATOR
On Site Personnel, LLC is seeking for experienced CNC machine operator to work with our gear manufacturing client located near Ivyland, PA
Pay: $12/hr. Hours Mon- Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Overtime is available
Responsible for operating CNC machine
Deburring parts with grinding wheel
Light assembly and packaging.
2 years of experience working in warehouse environment and operate machine.
Operating CNC experience is a plus
Mechanically inclined and good problem solving ability.
Good Math skills.
Attention to detail and fast learner
High school diploma
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Production/Warehouse Machine Operator
Must pass a background check. Must have experience.
- Full time temp to perm position. Monday to Friday
Seeking a reliable/dependable professional.
Must have manufacturing experience.
Must have machine operating experience. Experience with wire and cable, braiding machines helpful.
Must have experience using micrometers, shipping/receiving, warehouse duties & quality control.
Must be detail oriented. Must have good math skills.
Basic computer experience a must. Data entry, emails, basic Excel.
Pay based on experience. Please supply salary expectations.
Be able to stand all day and lift up to 50lbs.
Send resume for immediate consideration.
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Fabricator / Polisher / Saw Jet Operator / CNC Operator / Machine Oper
We are looking for experienced Saw Jet Operators- CNC Operators - Fabricators/Laminators and Polishers
Experience is a plus- Must be Dependable- Team Worker- Able to Speak/Understand English- Must be able to lift 100 lbs (shop workers)
Pay Depending on Experience
We use the newest Technology and Sophisticated Tooling to help you do the job right with the highest Quality!
Daytime, Evening and Graveyard positions needed Immediately- We pay extra for you Night Owls!!!
Machine Operator - Lectra Cutting Machine Operator
Looking for an individual who is highly motivated to work in a successful fast-moving environment. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a production setting as a CNC machine operator. Must posses good trouble shooting skills and be capable of training others to maintain a high standard of quality. Must be flexible to cross training in other area's. Basic Skills required are: typing, reading, math, and computer skills. Must be able to read a ruler. Must have a strong attention to detail skills. Must be safety-conscious and capable of multi-tasking.
Great Family Company to work for
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!