Brake Adjuster Job Description Sample
Brake Operators And Brake Trainees - All Shifts - Hiring Bonus
Hiring Bonus up to $3000.00 upon completion of 90 days of continuous employment.
Vander-Bend Manufacturing is a vertically integrated Contract Manufacturer specializing in low and medium volume component and product manufacture for the Medical, Semiconductor, Data, Telecommunications, and related industries. Located in San Jose, we serve the manufacturing needs of over 200 companies in Silicon Valley and beyond, producing Sheet Metal, Machined parts, and Cables, and with Electro-mechanical and electronic assemblies.
Brake Trainee requirements: basic arithmetic, able to use calculator, ability to read and understand written documents.
Required General Knowledge For All other Brake Operator levels
Brake operators must have a thorough knowledge of the following:
Tools-Know how to use dial and vernier calipers, plate protractor, tape measure, square and calculator.
Blue Print-Basic blue print reading, including but not exclusive to part rotation and view identification.
Math-Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and metric conversion.
The following skills are inclusive of the advanced skills that are expected of journey level operators.
Some of these skills are also applicable to beginning and intermediate level operators:
Tools-Use of micrometers, height gauges, bevel protractors, dial and travel indicators.
Blue Print Reading-Thorough understanding of blue print reading including but not exclusive to Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T) symbols that pertain to form such as straightness, flatness, perpendicularly and finish requirements.
Math-Good understanding of sheet metal lay out including but not exclusive to trigonometry as it pertains to sheet metal as well as K, X, Z factors, BA, fractional conversion and Pi.
Production Skills-Well-developed skills in production that pertain to part manipulation and throughput (how to make good parts quickly and stack them correctly).
Machine Skills- operators must have thorough understanding and knowledge of use of all forming machines within the department including: Amada, Toyokoki and DiAcro brakes. Also required are advanced set up and tooling manipulation skills, basic tool making and design of form tools.
The Day Shift is 5:00 am to !:30 pm Monday through Friday. The Swing Shift is 1:30 pm to 12:00 am Monday through Thursday. The Weekend shift is Friday, Saturday & Sunday for a total of up to 30 Hours.
Apply Online: JOBS.VANDER-BEND.COM (You can upload your resume) or Email or Fax: +1(408)245-4120 or come by and fill out an application today.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
We are looking for a CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator for a company near Delhi (Cincinnati). We have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. This is a long-term opportunity, with room for growth. Ideal candidates will be able to set up machine, and edit programs as needed. Programming experience is a plus, but isn't required.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
- Responsible for operation, proving programs, operating controls, setting all machine functions, deburring and inspection of parts to assure conformance will be required.
- Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on blocks or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
- Ability to calculate, blank sizes, bend locations, appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed
- Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues
- May perform other duties as assigned by management
- Fork lift experience needed.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
- At least 1 year of experience with a CNC brake press
- Ability to set up machine and edit programs as needed
- Open to OT work as needed
- Ability to read blueprints
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator Compensation: Up to $19/hr. based on experience
Press Brake Helper- 2Nd Shift
Eaton in Pinckneyville, IL is seeking a full-time Press Brake Helper to work 2nd shift. Essential Functions:
Assist Press Brake Operator in forming and punching operations.
Check product dimensions.
Demonstrated ability to accurately read a tape measure, micrometer, protractor, etc.
Ability to obtain a license to operate a forktruck in a safe manner.
Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs., and push/pull 25 lbs. of force
Ability to stand, reach, and lift constantly.
Train and coach other employees.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain 5S standards. Qualifications
Minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience
High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Pinckneyville, IL will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Press brake operating experience
Experience working in a fast paced environment
Experience using a variety of measuring tools We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Press Brake Machine Operator
Press Brake Machine Operator needed for manufacturer in Audubon. This is a full time opening working day shift.General responsibilities:
- Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
*Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
*Set stops on machine beds, change dies, and adjust components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes.
*Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
*Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten material.
Manager — Design Responsible — Brake Engineering
Manager — Design Responsible — Brake Engineering Chrysler Headquarters & Tech Center Auburn Hills, MI 48326, US Job Type:Full Time Date Posted: December 1, 2017 Job ID: 1030416 ApplyRefer A FriendJoin Our Talent Network Share this job
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkedin
- Share by Mail Job Overview The Design Responsible Manager is responsible for leading a team of engineers in both core engineering (harmonization, standardization, best practices, core documents, etc.) as well as design, development and release (development where applicable) of brake components. The Design Responsible Manager will develop performance targets, select specific brake components for applications, develop new specifications to satisfy requirements, address quality issues, and will need to work with counterparts from the extended enterprise. The Design Responsible Manager will develop technical capabilities within his/her organization. Qualifications
Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university + 10 years of experience in the design, release and development of brake systems and components
Demonstrated strong team leadership capability
Strong planning skills
Proven problem solving skill set
Strong communication skills – both in verbal and written form — to all levels of the corporation and extended enterprise
- Strong experience with DFMEA and DVP
Master of Science in Engineering
DFSS Black Belt Certification
Experience with Brake NVH development and problem solving
Experience with brake dynamometer testing and analysis of test results
Experience with brake vehicle development procedures and analysis of test results
Experience with design, development and validation of electromechanical devices
Experience with brake-related plant process, such as evac and fill, pedal push, etc.
Experience with brake system sizing calculations and methodologies
Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements
Understanding of brake friction formulation, development and performance
Experience-based familiarity with current FCA design and development processes FCA is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends. Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Brake Press Operator
Who we are? Auto Truck Group, LLC, is a manufacturer of both custom and production machined and fabricated metal products. Employing state of the art CNC equipment and Laser cutting technology, supported by an ISO 9001:2008 compliant quality system, Nelson is capable of fabricating, machining and welding a wide range of custom metal assemblies to the most demanding of customer specifications. Auto Truck Group LLC has an outstanding opportunity for a Press Brake Operator - 2nd Shift (3:45pm-2:15am) based in our Huntington, IN location. What will you do?
Picking tooling, as identified in the CNC program, from tooling inventory
Loading tooling in the order identified in the CNC program
Creating CNC programs for the press brake
Reading and signing the proper documents to successfully run the job
Reading the print fully to understand tolerances, geometry, and special instructions
Understanding safety requirements in every area, and complying
Daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department maintenance as assigned
Following Press Brake process standard operating procedure What are we looking for?
Experience running complex bend set-ups and forming operations
Must be able to perform math, and measure part dimensions
Full understanding of print reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part is required
Must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to employment What we offer: Benefits include competitive pay, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more. EOE M/F/D/V Posting Title: Brake Press Operator ID: 2017-18241 External Company Name: Automotive Rentals Incorporated External Company URL: www.arifleet.com
Brake Press Operator
The Brake Operator fabricates parts from sheet metal and is responsible for producing parts in a timely and efficient manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations and specifications.
To produce parts which meet customer specifications by setting up the machine which includes deciding which brake dies to use, reading and interpreting blue prints and bending deducts.
To ensure correct materials are used on each job by verifying materials prior to beginning production.
To ensure parts are fabricated correctly by performing the first piece check and submitting it to quality assurance for inspection prior to running the entire job.
To ensure efficient and timely processing of various job orders by organizing work to be performed according to complexity, materials used, anticipated completion time, etc.
To ensure safe and efficient brake operation by performing daily maintenance and minor repairs on machine, observing safety standards, and by notifying supervisor when major repairs and needed
Webco Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer
Press Brake Operator - 3 Days Per Week!
Are you looking for a company where you can make a difference? Want to be valued as an employee? Your suggestions heard? Look no further than The Jor-Mac Company! We are fast growing sheet metal fabricator located in Lomira, WI.
We are currently seeking individuals who would be interested in working three days per week, yet receive all the benefits of a full-time employee. That's right! You work three twelve hour shifts, Sunday- Tuesday or Wednesday- Friday. Those three days equal 36 hours and then we pay you four additional hours to equate to 40 hours! If you are interested in working with us, please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with an opportunity to succeed!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· Operate multiple brake presses and perform a variety of operations associated with safe and quality production.
· Responsible for powering up, running, feeding, and powering down the applicable equipment.
· Interpret work orders to determine quantity needed, due dates, and any other pertinent information.
· Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, caliper, protractors, and interpret tolerances.
· Capacity to understand blueprints, while understanding how the measurement and tolerances relate to the finished product.
· Measures product dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and performs quality inspection of finished product as required by work order.
· May perform first piece inspection to confirm tolerances and dimensions are within specifications.
· Perform general clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas.
· May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift to move material and stage materials.
· Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
· High school diploma or general educational development (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
· Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to prepare timesheets and job related paperwork. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
Brake Press Operator - Bhjob[Plid]_[J3k38t63c1msgvwdcy0]
Pay Rate:$15- $23.00
-Form metal using hydraulic press brakes. Primarily using aluminum and stainless steel sheet goods
-High school diploma/GED
-Candidate MUST have recent prior machine operation (within last 2 yrs)
- Prior brake forming skills is a plus but not necessary
- Basic math skills needed, computer knowledge a plus.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Eager to learn, Must be able to retain what is taught
-Candidate has to be reliable
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
Once Hired On
Benefits- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, 9-10 Holidays Per Year, 10 PTO days per Year
Raise- 25 cent - 1.00 (based on performance)
Brake Press Operator
General Description and Responsibility
Setup and operate sheet metal press brakes. Look at blueprints or plans for the finished product, make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the bend, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product. Make sure machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output. Examine the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Manufacturing experience
· Experience in setup and operation of press brakes is preferred but not required
· Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, specifications, and/or work instructions to fabricate and form parts per customer requirements.
· Create and edit machine forming programs.
· Must have a working knowledge of press brake tooling and commonly formed materials i.e.: steel, aluminum, stainless, titanium, and some plastics.
· Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
· Must be able to inspect formed parts for accuracy to specifications.
· Must have basic computer skills.
· Ability to work to a predetermined production schedule and effectively communicate with production management.
· Strong problem solving skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment in an effective, safe manner
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Familiar with all Company QA/QC and safety procedures/regulations
· Ability to continuously stand, walk and sit
· Ability to use hands repetitively to handle, move, and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds
· Ability to balance, squat, kneel, bend, twist and climb stairs and ladders
· Communicate (i.e. talk, hear)
· Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an uncontrolled climate environment.
Denton, TX 76209
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!