Brake Drum Lathe Operator Job Description Sample
CNC Lathe Operator - 1St Shift
- Maintain the highest level of quality control per ISO standards
- Troubleshoot machine and tooling problems to keep scrap and rework to a minimum
- Perform inspections with required tools per the IPI
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose and numerical control machines and machining centers
- Study prints, sketches and drawing, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished piecework
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed coolant flow, and depth of angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve , input, or editcomputerized machine control media as required
- Adjust the machines to the speed
- Change tools as required or directed
- Communicate problems to the shift supervisor and/or machinists from other shifts
- Record job issues on the Production Control form
- Complete Job Cards daily for all work performed
- Perform program off sets as required
- Maintain and secure work tools per our tool requirements
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on machinery
- Clean and maintain work area
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use when applicable
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certificate or Degree from a trade school a plus
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and routing
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerances
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) require programming knowledge
- Job setting experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
CNC Lathe Operator
Excellent Direct Hire opportunity for a CNC Lathe Operator in the Dayton, OH area!
- Setup and operate CNC lathes to produce parts to the customer’s and company’s specifications
- Read and comprehend blueprints in accordance with GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) standards
- Dry-run new programs, complete first article inspections, and inspect all parts in accordance with a quality plan
- Follow job travelers and setup procedures to maintain efficient and cost-effective operating procedures
- Load material in machines with proper orientation in a safe manner according to company operating procedures
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers to inspect machined parts for conformance to drawings and specifications
- Use company in-process inspection plan to detect defective features in a cost-effective manner
- Setup and perform related operations such as milling, drilling, and deburring
- Monitor tool wear and replace as necessary
- Accurately complete applicable job travelers and inspection reports
- Operate machines in a safe manner at all times, according to machine manufacturer and company procedures
- Keep area clean and orderly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience operating CNC lathes
- Experience with Mazak machines and controls is a plus
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable of basic G&M codes, and ability to read and edit G code programming
- Ability to gather, inspect, and install proper tooling, cutting inserts and work holding devices according to company setup instructions
- Ability to identify and adjust proper machine offsets
- Ability to proficiently use precision measuring instruments and industry standard gaging, such as micrometers and calipers
- Ability to multitask; perform, monitor, and inspect multiple processes simultaneously.
- Ability to independently identify and troubleshoot undesirable machine outputs including, but not limited to nonconformances, chatter, and excessive tool wear
- Ability to read and interpret drawings with standard geometric dimensioning and tolerancing symbols
- Basic understanding of fractions and decimal equivalents, with the ability to perform mental math
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and how to use them in a safe manner
- Reading comprehension; understanding written policies, best practices, and work instructions
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to see up close and have accurate depth perception
Brake Press Operator
Lippert Components Plant 48/Happijac Co. currently has an opening for a Brake Press Operator in Kaysville, Utah. Hours are 6:00am-2:30pm. Full time: Monday-Friday. Training will be provided.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work as a part of a team to achieve the company's overall results;
Ability to read a tape measure and blue print preferred;
Must be able to meet production goals and time deadlines for company projects;
Must demonstrate clear verbal and written communication skills;
Must be able to read and process written communication including, but not
limited to, work orders, frame prints, and measurements;
Must be able to physically lift and maneuver weights in excess of fifty pounds;
Must possess successful problem solving skills;
Must be able to maintain professional relationships with supervisors, fellow employees, customers, etc;
Must be able to work under physically and mentally stressful situations;
Must demonstrate production competency and knowledge of production systems;
Must be able to prioritize and easily adapt to changes throughout the day.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, feel, or reach.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
AAP/EEO Statement LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Passionate about winning
Team Play With Trust
Honesty, Integrity, Candor
Caring about people
Pay Group : AAP/EEO Statement
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Lathe Operator - 2Nd & 3Rd Shift
Job Title: Lathe Machine Operator
Pay rate Competitive!
Location: Raynham, MA
- 2nd Shift
- 2pm. to 10pm, Mon. through Frid.
- 3rd Shift
- 10pm to 6am, Sun. through Thurs.
Length of Assignment: 2 years, potential to be hired
The Lathe Operator will be responsible for operating machinery to produce parts, tools and equipment using sketches, prints or instruction manuals.
The ideal candidate will have Citizen Lathe experience.
Assist with set up and operation of machinery to produce parts, tools and equipment.
Clean machines as necessary and assist with basic maintenance.
Minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a machine shop or production line environment, machining precise finished products required.
Experience working Lathe Machines.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Brake Press Operator (Mayville)
POSITIONS ARE ON 2ND AND 3RD SHIFT
Reporting to the Brake Press Manager this role is primarily responsible for the daily setup and operation of Cincinnati and Amada hydraulic CNC controlled press brakes in a just-in-time fabrication shop with some assistance provided. The Brake Press Operator may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines as required.
Set up and operate a hydraulic press for routine established work.
Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from a supervisor or a lead.
Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations
Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system.
Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and completed work.
Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
Install, align, and lock specified dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
Lubricate workpieces with oil.
Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
Set stops on machine beds, change dies, and adjust components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes.
Plan sequences of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of workpiece materials.
Mark identifying data on workpieces.
Place workpieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
Adjust ram strokes of presses to specified lengths, using hand tools.
Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches.
Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
Other duties as assigned.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have strong metal press forming and basic fabrication background.
Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
Previous experience with overhead crane use is desired.
Ability to use a forklift.
Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
Work in an efficient and timely manner
Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task
25 lbs routinely, 55 lbs occasionally
25 lbs routinely, 55 lbs occasionally
Comments: Magnet assist for lifting.
Occasional: 1-2 hrs./shift Frequently 2-5 hrs./shift Regularly 5-8 hrs./shif
Equipment Operated: Various hand tools, grinders, Dyanfile, sanding, overhead crane, measurement devices.
Personal Protective Equipment Required as Outlined per Company Safety (PPE)
No Yes (Steel toe/metatarsal required)
Hearing Protection Eye Protection Safety Shoes Other: Gloves
Regularly exposed to varying temperature conditions between 60-100 degrees Fahrenheit, loud noise, moving machinery parts, airborne particles, and fumes from production equipment.
Equal opportunity employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
CNC Lathe Operator - 3Rd Shift
- Under general supervision, manages the CNC Lathe function of machining metal parts to print specifications. Performs required machine set-up and quality audits through the use of precision measuring instruments and special test equipment. Monitors/performs workflow in order to meet customer demands and production control requirements.
Key Position Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Monitors the machining of metal parts to print specifications.
Performs required quality audits through the use of precision measuring instruments and special test equipment.
Performs production according to assigned priorities and communicates deviations to appropriate personnel.
Collaborate with Leadman to monitor/augment departmental performance and makes adjustments to equipment and workload as needed.
Ensures that all required materials are available prior to initiating production. Communicates open issues to alternate shifts.
Provides mentoring as required to achieve increased skills for production and quality workmanship.
Performs daily prior-to-use equipment maintenance tasks.
Participates in daily 6S activities and adheres to all safety regulations.
Participates in development of Job Safety Analysis.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
High School Diploma, Equivalency, or GED.
Demonstrated successful performance of manual adjustment of programming at machine interface.
Ability to complete set-ups using 4th axis, with multiple offsets.
2 or more years' experience in the operations of a CNC Lathe.
Knowledge of tooling and precision set-ups with consistent quality results.
Knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
Knowledge of machinery speeds and feeds utilizing a variety of high strength materials.
Ability to fluently read and follow instructions in English.
Must read, understand, refer to and interpret Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) dimensioning and third view projection blueprints.
Ability to interpret prints and engineering drawings.
Ability to perform machining on a variety of high strength materials (Inconel, A286, Titanium, Stainless, Chrome, 300M, 15-5, etc).
Beneficial Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Experience in an Aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident) or a Foreign Person for whom a license is obtained. Employees will participate as required in understanding, implementing and maintaining the Company Quality Policy in accordance with AS-9100Cand/or ISO-9001:2008 requirements. This is primarily a position that requires employees to stand for 8 hours and machine production parts. This position requires lifting parts up to 40 lbs. and the employee must often bend and reach to load materials on equipment. The employee also moves throughout the building to collect, deliver, and handle production parts.
This job description does not list all of the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Company reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, and company matched 401k plan.
RBC Sonic Industries, Inc.
Sonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Press Brake Operator (1St And 2Nd Shift)
The Press Brake Operator sets up and operates a brake press to form parts in accordance with blueprint specifications and work instructions. Must be willing to learn how to operate other shop equipment as needed.
Reads and interprets blueprints and work operation sheets to determine appropriate operations to be performed
Sets up brake press in accordance with the print specifications and work instructions
Operates a brake press and runs production in accordance with establish procedures and guidelines.
Uses inspection gauges such as calipers (both dial and Vernier), micrometers, squares, and height gauges to perform quality checks on parts.
Completes production paperwork and makes required entries into company data base.
Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks.
Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
2 + years experience setting up and operating press brake machines. Amada's, a plus
Ability to set-up and operate a brake press
Proficient in blueprint reading
Must be able to work with +/- .010 tolerances
Experience using micrometers, calipers and other measuring tools
Clean, organized, and multi-task capable.
Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus.
Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision.
Good communication skills
Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Willing to grow with the Company.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Press Brake Operator
Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today's biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world.
Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Job Description Cont.
Requisition id: 26445
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Equipment Operator, Supply, Network, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations, Technology
CNC Lathe Operator
The CNC Lathe operator will work as part of the direct manufacturing shop floor team. In this position, the CNC Lathe operator will use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately in a manufacturing environment. This highly skilled professional will work with great concentration and precision while complying with all safety guidelines. The CNC lathe operator will be able to start and power down the machine, make size adjustments, and understand the measuring instrument while maintaining a good part. This position is also responsible for changing and teaching tools (O.D., I.D., drills and cutoffs), change overs, and loading programs while meeting production requirements. This position requires the operation of machinery in a temperature controlled manufacturing environment.
This position requires the ability to read instructions and follow these instructions with precision to produce outputs.
Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures
Understand how to operate the machine controls
Make size adjustments and understand measuring instruments
Take precision measurements using micrometers
Change and teach tools (O.D., I.D. drills and cutoff)
Bore chuck jaws for finish operations
Understand proper cycle times, feed rates, and spindle speeds
Change drills and inserts as needed
Perform Change overs
Load, edit, read, and understand programs
Inspect product for conformance
Check output to ensure highest quality
Maintain equipment in good condition and perform operator preventative maintenance
Submit requests for maintenance repair as required
Keep records of production quantities and time
Report on issues, malfunction or defective parts
Able to stop production if the work center/machine is not producing products that meet all required specifications
Properly identify all product processed with work order number, inspection status, and operation status
Follow all safety guidelines and operate machinery in a safe manner
Physical presence on the job is essential and necessary including weekends and holidays if deemed necessary by the company
Other duties as assigned by management
Press Brake Operator 2Nd Shift
Alto-Shaam is more than just a place to work. We believe that our people are the key to our success and we want to see all of our Alto-Shaam team members develop themselves professionally and succeed in their careers.
We are dedicated to recruiting and training the best talent in the industry from entry-level positions to senior executives. We provide opportunities to enhance your career and income through honest work and high performance. We work together as a team, and we provide the education, training, and coaching you need to become a valuable team member.
Alto-Shaam, is a family-owned, privately held company who specializes in commercial foodservice equipment. Alto-Shaam pioneered the solutions that are essential to profitable foodservice and retail operations around the world.
We partner with our customers to innovate and develop new products that will provide high-quality food while reducing energy, food shrinkage and labor costs. We focus on giving our customers a higher return on their investment.
To hear what our employees say about working at Alto-Shaam please watch the following video:
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!