Brake Drum Lathe Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe Operator
1. CNC MILL AND LATHE OPERATOR
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Positions available to start immediately.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
2. MACHINE OPERATOR
On Site Personnel, LLC is seeking for experienced CNC machine operator to work with our gear manufacturing client located near Ivyland, PA
Pay: $12/hr. Hours Mon- Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Overtime is available
Responsible for operating CNC machine
Deburring parts with grinding wheel
Light assembly and packaging.
2 years of experience working in warehouse environment and operate machine.
Operating CNC experience is a plus
Mechanically inclined and good problem solving ability.
Good Math skills.
Attention to detail and fast learner
High school diploma
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
Turret Set Up / Operator Brake Or Press Set Up / Operator
- Setup/program CNC turret OR brake press to perform operations in appropriate order to machine parts to specifications following routings, job tickets and blueprints.
- Operate turret or brake presses to form, bend, punch and notch.
- Inspect/check product in accordance with procedures using gauges and measuring tools to ensure print specifications and quality standards are maintained.
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork on inspection and operations (job tickets, scrap and daily production records etc).
- Stack and move material as required.
- Make adjustments to machines to maintain dimensional specifications and rework parts as necessary.
- Replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safe operations (machine guarding, proper operation of machinery for safe operation, etc.).
- Train and assist operator as needed on difficult jobs or unusual work instructions and to adjust or re-set work.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on all performance evaluations.
- Participate in activities to improve overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge and
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must possess reading/writing and communicate in English.
- Use micrometers, depth gauges, verniers, layout tools and various hand tools.
- Shop Math.
- Ability to stand and/or walk and use hands 100% of the workday.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and/or twist 50% of the workday.
- Ability to exert physical force to push, pull, lift, and/or carry 50 pounds occasionally.
CNC Laser Operator And/Or Press Brake Operator
Rapidly growing Queens Manufacturing company seeks an experienced CNC Laser Operator and/or Press Brake Operator to work in our Metal Shop. Candidate must have working knowledge of mechanical and programmable machines. Must be able to program, run, and maintain equipment, able to read blueprints, flats and schematics, Must be able to program and layout parts for cutting/punching.
Excellent Pay Package including Full Benefits!
CNC Operator Also Brake Press Operator
CNC Operator Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Operator Machinist Skills and
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
At Employ-Ease, our mission is pretty simple:
Find great people
Provide great service
Offer open and honest communication
Remaining sincere to our beliefs, ethics & practices
Committed to our employees' and clients' success through our achievements
Accepting and welcoming change
Treating people like people
Committed to providing a positive experience
Remembering who we are, where we came from & where we are going
Looking to be not just different, but better.
Our business is easily summed up; we're a people business. However, our approach is what sets Employ-Ease apart from other staffing firms. We don't just build business, we build relationships. Every client, every candidate, represents a strong and meaningful relationship that we value.
Amada Press Brake Operator Needed For 2Nd Shift Company
Amada Press Brake Operator Needed for 2nd shift company
The duties are as follows:
· Produce parts from metal using a press brake
· Must be able to read blueprints
· Able to make adjustments to machine including setup
· Ensuring the machine is working properly and producing a quality product
· Good attention to detail
· Standing for long periods of time
· Lifting material is required
· Previous experience required
The pay is up to $22.00 an hour with a 10% shift differential.
2Nd Shift Press Brake Operator
A fabricator is required to operate lasers, brake press and other fabrication related equipment. This position performs a series of operations including laser, forming and preparing for their internal customers.
JOB DUTIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto work piece.
- Required to set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, lasers, and reading blue prints to determine sequence of bending processes.
- Required to operate CNC fabricating machines such as Finn Power, Steel Master, Lasers, Amada Press Brake, Wing bender and Punch Press.
- Comply with all procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Responsible for quality control.
- Develop working relationships with other teammates.
- Participate in cross-functional teams.
- Prepare recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
EDUCATION / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires education generally equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints and other manufacturing instructions.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees in English.
- Motivated and highly organized team player with a positive attitude.
- Use hands to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls.
- Frequently stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach within hands and arms length.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
CNC Press Brake Operator
(Brake Press, Water Jet and Turret Operator)
The primary role of the Metal Working Machine Operator (Brake Press, Water Jet and Turret) is to perform the duties that facilitate the assembly and fabrication of products, in a manufacturing environment, primarily through the use of sheet metal manipulation machinery. Full Time Shift 5am- 3:30p; Evening shifts available Mon- Tues 3:00pm-1:30am. Weekend shift Thurs- Sun, 5a-3:30pm.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, waterjet, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Must be able to work in a non-temperature controlled environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Completion of high school or equivalent education (additional education or apprenticeship program which compliments the operator’s performance is preferred).
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Reports to: Lead
Strict adherence to Silent-Aire USA’s policies and procedures
Please visit our website to apply. https://www.silent-aire.com/careers/
At it's root Silent-Aire engineered and manufactured custom HVAC solutions for institutions; hospitals, schools, and recreational complexes. The company grew into larger industrial HVAC deployments for mining and energy companies. In early 2000 Dan and Lindsey graduated from University of Alberta with Civil and Mechanical Engineering degrees and took on the leadership and strategic direction of Silent-Aire. We continued to grow organically and acquired a new manufacturing facility in Edmonton that was the catalyst to expanding into the data center mission critical HVAC business.
In 2012 Silent-Aire built a second 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Edmonton that included 4 assembly lines and new office space for our engineering and operations. In 2014, for additional capacity and redundancy, a 3rd manufacturing facility was built in Phoenix, Arizona that mirrored the Edmonton facility. Today, we are focused on continuing to grow our industrial, institutional HVAC and mission critical data center business.
The majority of our growth over the past 10 years has come from our data center customers that require mission critical infrastructure for their ever expanding clouds. As a result, we have taken a relentless focus on operations, quality and safety that includes attaining ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment, OHSAS 18001- safety.
Brake Press Operator
PUNCH. BEND. CUT. Sounds like a fight in a Batman episode. It’s not. It’s what you do on a brake press. But you knew that and you’re in the market for a new position. Follow that K signal in the clouds and apply for a position at a place where the work is steady, the equipment is great, and you’ll find a new home. Sorry, no underground lair or butler.
Work Hours (shift): 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift
If you are driven to succeed with a passion for the professional growth and development of others, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco Inc. is looking for a Machine Operator at our Milwaukee area manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following:
- Safely set-up and operate company production equipment.
- Perform housekeeping, organization, documentation for quality and system labor reporting daily.
- Attend meetings and participates on continuous improvement projects.
- Troubleshoot both equipment and jobs, if needed.
- Follow the production schedule for the area and reports sub-standard rates.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the use and understanding of measuring equipment, check fixtures, testing equipment, blueprint reading, documentation and engineering specifications. This position should also understand tooling requirements and proper set-up procedures.
Kapco is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.
Making People Our Priority
Kapco is where ‘jobs’ turn into careers. If you’re seeking a role with an organization focused on employee development, consider joining the Kapco family.
Whether advancing our teammate’s skills or integrating new equipment and processes, Kapco continually invests for growth at our clean, modern, manufacturing facility.
A solid benefits package includes health and dental insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
Kapco is trusted by leading brands in diverse industries to make parts with precision and efficiency. Over 150,000 parts daily. On time. To spec.
Press Brake Operator
Lankota Inc. is looking for an individual to join our team as a Press Brake Operator. Primary responsibilities include operating all phases of the press brake; programing on the CNC machines, tooling setup, and production runs. Daily production and quality standards will need to be met. This position requires mathematical proficiency and understanding of all aspects of the press brake. Previous brake press experience is required. Excellent benefit package and work environment. Wage DOE. Applications can be picked up at 270 West Park Ave, Huron, SD.
Press Brake Operator
Gilbertsville based metal fabrication shop is seeking a Press Break Operator.
-Able to set-up and run press break including selecting proper tooling and programming run.
-Capable of carbon, aluminum and stainless on up to a 175 ton press
-Use precision measuring instruments to check work
-Thorough knowledge of blue prints and machine set-up
-Maintain ISO quality and manage throughput
Ideal candidate will have at least two years of machinist experience setting up and programming CNC Machines.
Additional requirements include:
1. Ability to read and understand blueprints.
2. Determine proper cutting tools.
3. Set-up, program and run typically small lot sizes primarily in steel and aluminum.
4. Maintain ISO quality and manage throughput.
5. Ability to run lathe and VMC
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!