Brake Operator I Job Description Sample
Brake Press Operator - Overnight Shift
Press Brake Operator 1
Press Brake Operator 2Nd Shift
Our Client has immediate needs for Press Brake Operators on 2nd shift. These are NOT temporary or seasonal jobs - contract to hire.
Contact us NOW for more information!!! firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB SUMMARY: The Press Brake Operator is responsible for accurately operating machines and inspecting parts for quality.
Key Accountabilities include:
1. Work in a safe manner to ensure the safety of yourself and coworkers.
2. To find the optimum set up and operating sequence to make the parts within the allocated up time.
3. To achieve a formed part that is consistently accurate to the within the allocated production rate.
4. Checking the parts throughout the production run to meet the blueprint requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Accurately reads prints to select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in of fabrication work.
2. Sets up, adjusts, and operates press brakes.
3. installs, aligns, and secures tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on Press Breaks, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
4. Forms parts to specifications indicated on prints.
5. Maintains production and standards for all jobs.
6. Understands, recommends and correctly uses all job-related measuring devices.
7. Troubleshoots and solves most fabrication problems.
8. Produces work daily that is consistently accurate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is considered to have moderate physical demands that require the incumbent to communicate orally, hear at a conversational level, sight requirements are to be able to distinguish basic shades with depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to constantly (67 to 100% time on ) be required to stand, reach high and low and operate hand and foot controls. Frequently (34 to 66% time on ) the employee is required to twist, use their hands and fingers for gripping, and twisting and bending their wrists. Occasionally (6 to 33% time on ) the incumbent is required to walk, stoop and bend repeatedly. Infrequently (2 to 5% time on ) the employee will kneel, crawl and perform hand over hand pulling. Rarely (1% time on ) the employee will sit, climb stairs and ladders.
The lifting requirements of this position require the employee to occasionally (6 to 33% time on ) lift 35 to 50 pounds, frequently (34 to 66% time on ) lift 10 to 35 pounds and constantly (67 to 100% time on ) lift up to 10 pounds. The carrying requirements of this position require the employee to frequently (34 – 66% time on ) carry 15 pounds a distance of 5’. The employee will be required to occasionally (6 to 33% time on ) push items weighing up to 30 pounds a distance of 30’.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will constantly work (67-100% time on ) indoors. The incumbent will occasionally (6-33% time on ) be subject to temperatures of 90 – 100 degrees and temperatures below 55 degrees and intermittent (above 85 dB) noises. The employee is required to constantly (67 – 100% time on ) wear eye protection, infrequently required to wear hearing protection and occasionally (6 – 33% time on ) wear protective gloves.
1. Experience: This position requires a minimum of three years experience with a CNC hydraulic brake press. Incumbents are required to possess the ability to read ; calibrate gauges, select tools; use a protractor, angle finder tape measurer.
2. Reasoning Development: Apply business management principles to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
3. Mathematical Development: Possesses practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, measurement, practical algebra, and essentials of shop trigonometry.
CNC Brake Press Operator – Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication
CCP Sheetmetal Press Brake Operator - 2Nd Shift
Press Brake Operator - 2Nd Shift
Brake Press Setup / Operator
A completed application is required to be considered for employment. Please go to:
Under about us, please complete the application and submit.
A global company with headquarters in Rochester, New York, Cannon Industries has grown to become one of the leading sheet metal and custom weld fabricators in the contract manufacturing industry. Our quality standards are unsurpassed in the industry because we know that our customers’ standards grow with each passing year. Computer controlled processes, operators and technicians with decades of experience, and strict procedures for quality control have led Cannon Industries to step ahead of the competition, by earning ISO:9001, ISO:14001 and TS:16949 certifications. Cannon Industries, Inc. is a drug, smoke and alcohol free working environment.
General Job Description:
Sets up and operates all types of press brakes including AMADA RG100 with NC back gagging. Utilizes total length of brake and various tools to form shapes in sheet metal. Works closely with Plant Manager, management and others to accomplish corporate goals. Works with department supervisor with minimal supervision. A Brake Press Set-up / Operator (Class A) sets up new jobs and establishes tooling required while working with Quality Assurance. Plans and alters jobs to allow for maximum production. Helps to design tooling required for jobs. Understands output and the math related to achieve maximum efficiency. Able to set-up jobs by using form calculations. Helps to train both Class B and C level Brake Press employees.
- Five years experience operating and setting up press brakes for the sheet metal industry
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to read and interpret the most complex drawings to produce acceptable parts (blue print reading Class II).
- Must have knowledge in GD&T tolerance
- Geometry is a plus
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Must supply own tools
- Set-up / Operate AMADA Brake Press for complex and simple production / prototypes
- Set-up Brake Press for operators at multiple work stations
- Organize work area and all tooling.
- Assist in design of special tooling and fixtures.
- Help Engineering to determine proper processing.
- Coordinate with programming to flat pattern layout.
- Gather, preset and install proper tooling and fixtures.
- Determine with Quality Control in-process inspection requirements, gauging and measuring devices.
- Run first piece and assure conformance to drawing.
- Inspect all parts as required by process sheet and drawings, using all types of precision measuring instruments, including coordinate measuring device.
- Document inspection data and procedures
- Check tooling wear and change as needed.
- Monitor at appropriate intervals production processes to insure continued part compliance.
- Suggest and assists in proper material handling and storage in the department
- Monitor production to ensure conformance with process sheet and time standards.
- Monitor machine maintenance for lubrication, guarding and cleanliness.
- Assist others with processing, methods and work habits to maintain maximum efficiency
- Monitor scrap and rework
Required Tool List:
- 6” Verniers
- Tape Measure
- Ball Peen Hammer
- Set Allen Wrenches
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as it may be deemed necessary.
Swing Press Brake Operator
Press Brake Operator - 3Rd Shift
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!