Brake Operator I Job Description Sample
Press Brake Operator
About Nortek Air Management
Nortek Air Management's mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we want to be the premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee's commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence. Nortek Air Management has annual sales of close to $1 billion and is comprised of three businesses, Residential, Light Commercial and Air Solutions.
Nortek Air Solutions - Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
Sets up and operates hydraulic press brake.
Job Description Details:
Lays out or details layout on work stock from blueprints or templates
Plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of metal
Working well with others, with limited amount of supervision
Setting up and operating several types of machines
Setting up and operating notcher, rolls and hardware machine
General sheet metal knowledge
Functional and Technical skills
Capable of lifting 50 lbs
Standing for long periods on concrete
Attention to detail
Must speak and read English
- High School graduate or equivalent experience
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
Job Title: Brake Operator
Reports To: Fabrication Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SUMMARY To be trained or help on one or more of the following machines or work centers such as cutoff saws, CNC and standard shears and brakes, rollers, presses, forming machines, CNC and standard whitney punching machines, and CNC plasma & punch machines, belt, bench and hand held grinders that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Operates machines or works in work centers with supervision.
At all times safety is a top priority while performing any part of your job.
Follow Supervisors instructions.
Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
Frequently going to different work centers to help where needed to assist in a one or two man operation.
Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from workpiece.
Stacks, marks, packs, and transports finished workpieces.
When working jobs follow the due date provided in the job router unless otherwise instructed by your Supervisor.
Contact Supervisor or Fab Lead if there is any problems with job or equipment.
Properly use barcode system to reflect time charged to jobs.
Stay in work area and work well with others.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information on a one-on-one basis.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All employees are required to wear eye and hearing protection at all times while in the manufacturing area. Protective clothing provided by the company is to be worn at all times such as coveralls or shop jacket unless approved by management. Either all leathers shoes, boots or steel toe boots where required must be worn at all times.
Press Brake Operator - 2Nd Shift
Press Brake Operator - 2nd Shift
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Produce high quality products and services for our customers. You will work on a Press Brake machine. You will be responsible for your work area to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the area. You will set up and monitor the production of product in your area and participate in the continuous improvement process at the site to address safety, production and quality improvements.
Create products that delight our customers and provide needed services.
Career advancement with skills training and demonstration of abilities.
Provide services that increase customer satisfaction and growth.
50 Operate assigned equipment 25 Maintain work area for operation and cleanliness 25 Comply with all safety rules
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma or GED
Demonstrated ability to work in a machine environment
Analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
Complete work, follow up and appropriate reporting on responsibilities
Focus on important information and identify key details
Good coordination, motor skills, and dexterity
Creative thinking and idea generation.
NonexemptDiscover Honeywell IntelligratedINCLUDES
- Continued Professional Development
Job ID: HRD48318
Category: Integrated Supply Chain
Location: 9301 Olive Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Press Brake Operator - 2Nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Press Brake Operator - 2nd Shift
Ability to prepare and run complex bend setups and forming operations. This includes custom punch/die modification used in combination with other tooling (either standard or custom)
Complex Programming using all the features of a press brake (bending at angles, step bends, proper back gauge transfer between steps, delays, etc.)
Must have full understanding of blueprint reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part
Thorough understanding of flat pattern layout
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience working with precision equipment (scales, calipers, height gauges, micrometers, etc.)
- Experience with setup and operation of CNC and Manual Hydraulic Press Brakes
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Programming and CNC knowledge
Ability to meet daily/weekly production goals with critical time schedules
Ability to read blueprints and complete basic shop math
Experience with flat pattern layouts on sheet metal parts
Ability to hold close tolerances on sheet metal parts per engineering drawings
Strongly prefer experience with Amada style RG and HDS Hydraulic press brakes
Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
Must be available for overtime and weekend hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Press Brake Operator
Under general supervision, sets up and operates Brake Press, Shear and Punch machines, and other machine tools as directed in the support of Elliott Equipment Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Tends metal fabricating machines, such as brake press, horizontal/vertical saw, shear, plasma cutting table, iron worker, that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures
Reads workcenter dispatch to determine job specifications, job completion dates, to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
Pulls program from list of pre-defined programs
Enter parameters in brake press to adjust bend angles and dimensions. Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template if no program exists.
Positions work piece against stops, manually or using hoist, or aligns layout marks with square
Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine
Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction
Measures work piece dimensions, using rule, template, or other measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation
Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece, using belt sander, file, hand grinder, or wire brush
Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling changes, Preventative Maintenance on machines, dies, or other area equipment.
Sweeps and wipes down equipment, dies and tools to keep clean.
Reads and interprets drawings, sketches and diagrams.
Works on special projects as required.
Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
Continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Individual must possess these knowledges, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
Good math and measurement skills
Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma, technical certificate, or equivalent coursework or training in a directly related area with 3+ year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
CNC Press Brake Operator
Our client is seeking a Press Brake Operator in Arvada, Colorado.
The CNC Press Brake Operator will be responsible for set up and operation of various pieces of forming equipment and for proper record keeping of operations using an ERP system.
• • Set up and operate various pieces of forming equipment
• • Perform required maintenance tasks on equipment as instructed
• • Review and understand customer orders and document activity in ERP system
• • Read blueprints to form metals using press brake and cnc rolling equipment and understand engineering specified tolerances
• • Locate material and verify grade, size, and quantity by visual inspection and by measuring material
• • Minimum of three years’ operating press brake experience
• • Experience working with heavy steel plate 1/8”- 3/8” material
• • Experience with CNC controls
• • Must be able to read and differentiate parts and part numbers
• • Good computer skills for documenting activity in ERP system
• • Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal and metric conversion skills
• • Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and effectively communicate with co-workers as well as management
• • Ability to use forklifts
• • Must possess problem solving and analytical skills
• • Manage multiple tasks and priorities and effectively adapt to changing situations
• • Must be able flexible and adaptable (Monday- Friday, shifts and working days are subject to change); May be required to occasionally work a longer shift to finish loading or unloading materials.
• • The position requires the candidate to frequently stand, walk, stoop, reach, and bend to execute the job
• • Must be able to lift, up to 60 pounds frequently
• • Comfortable in a manufacturing environment with the potential for exposure to dust, odors, oil, noise
• • Good vision to read labeling and to perform careful inspection of materials and products
Press Brake / Set-Up Operator
Do you wake up every day with the need to create something? Are you passionate about service, quality and metal? So are we.
We are Mac Metal, metal fabricators based in Germantown, WI. For more than 50 years, we've produced quality metal components from sheet steel, light plate, aluminum, copper and stainless steel for clients across a variety of industries.
We are searching for a Press Brake/Set-Up Operator who will form metal parts using a variety of Press Brake equipment for a diversified line of components and assemblies.
Successful candidate will possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, have a high school degree or general education degree (GED), possess basic mathematical skills, ability to read English and understand technical instructions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Job duties include:
- Understand, properly set-up and proficiently operate a variety of Press Brake equipment and controls, etc.
- Working knowledge in the use of measurement tools and techniques with the ability to read/understand part(s) specifications and blueprints.
- Produce parts to the proper dimensions and meet desired quality requirements and production goals.
- Work from drawings, blue-prints, job layouts, and sketches.
- Perform a variety of duties requiring the use of hand-tools and material handling equipment.
- Safely and effectively operate Press Brake and Roll-forming equipment in reference to item #3 - plus various shop fabrication equipment as required to prepare and finish assigned tasks.
- General understanding of the types of metal materials (steel, stainless, aluminum and copper) and their forming characteristics.
- Capable of using Production Reporting software to access/look-up, enter and track work completions, including the recording of production times and quantities completed.
As a valued member of the Mac Metal team, you'll enjoy a healthy work/life balance, have the ability to hone your craft and assist us in providing high-quality products with unparalleled customer service.
Mac Metal offers a wide variety of benefits as a part of our total compensation package which includes:
Brake Press Operator - 2Nd Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Including the following, however, additional duties may apply as required)
Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
Set up and operate machines (Cincinnati) and tooling per standards: install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades or other fixtures securely in rams or beds of machines.
Produce metal work pieces to quality and efficiency standards, measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications using micrometers, calipers, gauges, templates, and rulers.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required
At least one year of brake press experience
Ability to read blueprints
Experience with a 175 or 350 brake preferred
Heavy manufacturing experience a plus
Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane and forklift. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Weldall offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package that includes: Medical, Company Paid Dental, Company Paid Vision, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Wellness Program and more.
Weldall Manufacturing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, operating under an affirmative action plan/program. We encourage qualified minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply. For more information, please visit:
CNC Press Brake Operator
Cardinal Scientific has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, experienced Precision Press Brake Operator. This role is vital to ensuring the resulting end product is made to exact specifications, meets all quality tests and is delivered on time. The ideal candidate should have experience operating a Press Brake in a close tolerance manufacturing environment. He/she may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines or welding as required.
Essential Duties and
- Set-up, maintain, and operate a 4 Axis CNC hydraulic press brake.
- Experience running AMADA Brakes a plus.
- Perform work to quality standards and time restraints.
- Ability to read blue prints, math skills and process information and record all data.
- Able to make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve issues.
- Perform both visual and dimensional inspections to quality standards.
- Able to detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials.
- Follow proper procedures and instructions to ensure quality and safety.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials.
- Excellent attendance.
- Attention to detail with the understanding that Press Brakes are precision equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- 3+ years of experience operating a press brake.
- Able to lift and carry 75 pounds
Brake Press Setup / Operator
A global company with headquarters in Rochester, New York, Cannon Industries has grown to become one of the leading sheet metal and custom weld fabricators in the contract manufacturing industry. Our quality standards are unsurpassed in the industry because we know that our customers’ standards grow with each passing year. Computer controlled processes, operators and technicians with decades of experience, and strict procedures for quality control have led Cannon Industries to step ahead of the competition, by earning ISO:9001, ISO:14001 and TS:16949 certifications. Cannon Industries, Inc. is a drug, smoke and alcohol free working environment.
General Job Description:
Sets up and operates all types of press brakes including AMADA RG100 with NC back gagging. Utilizes total length of brake and various tools to form shapes in sheet metal. Works closely with Plant Manager, management and others to accomplish corporate goals. Works with department supervisor with minimal supervision. A Brake Press Set-up / Operator (Class A) sets up new jobs and establishes tooling required while working with Quality Assurance. Plans and alters jobs to allow for maximum production. Helps to design tooling required for jobs. Understands output and the math related to achieve maximum efficiency. Able to set-up jobs by using form calculations. Helps to train both Class B and C level Brake Press employees.
- Five * years experience operating and setting up press brakes for the sheet * metal industry *
- High * school diploma or equivalent. *
- Able * to read and interpret the most complex drawings to produce * acceptable parts (blue print reading Class II). *
- Must * have knowledge in GD&T tolerance *
- Geometry * is a plus *
- Fluent * in written and verbal English *
- Must * supply own tools
- Set-up * / Operate AMADA Brake Press for complex and simple production / * prototypes *
- Set-up * Brake Press for operators at multiple work stations *
- Organize * work area and all tooling. *
- Assist * in design of special tooling and fixtures. *
- Help * Engineering to determine proper processing. *
- Coordinate * with programming to flat pattern layout. *
- Gather, * preset and install proper tooling and fixtures. *
- Determine * with Quality Control in-process inspection requirements, gauging and * measuring devices. *
- Run * first piece and assure conformance to drawing. *
- Inspect * all parts as required by process sheet and drawings, using all types * of precision measuring instruments, including coordinate measuring * device. *
- Document * inspection data and procedures *
- Check * tooling wear and change as needed. *
- Monitor * at appropriate intervals production processes to insure continued * part compliance. *
- Suggest * and assists in proper material handling and storage in the * department *
- Monitor * production to ensure conformance with process sheet and time * standards. *
- Monitor * machine maintenance for lubrication, guarding and cleanliness. *
- Assist * others with processing, methods and work habits to maintain maximum * efficiency *
- Monitor * scrap and rework
Required Tool List:* * *
- 6” * Verniers* * * * *
- Tape * Measure *
- Ball * Peen Hammer *
- Square *
- Set * Allen Wrenches*
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as it may be deemed necessary.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!