Brazer Furnace Job Description Sample
Brazer - Direct Hire
Start your career with Daikin (formerly McQuay International), a world leader in the manufacturing of air conditioning equipment.
Indrotec Staffing and Workforce Management is now hiring qualified individuals to work as a Fabricator at Daikin, located in Faribault, MN. This position is a Direct Hire Position with Daikin.
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of work pieces using gas torches or electric ultrasonic equipment
- Be willing and able to learn, teach and interact with all functions necessary to support fabrication team, unit and company objectives
- Participate actively as a team member through continuous improvement activities to meet customer needs
- Comply with all applicable safety procedures and report unsafe conditions or potential safety hazards to team leader or appropriate resource
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area
- Notify team leader or other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning equipment, operations, materials, inventory
- Perform set-up duties in accordance with production documentation (SOP / MOPs)
- Position production materials and tooling, and maintain proper dimensions according to print specifications
- Perform operation in accordance with production documentation
- Select and move production materials as required
- Maintain production equipment and materials necessary to complete the operation
- Meet established performance standards to ensure production schedules are met
- Ensure that products and systems meet Daikin?s quality specifications
- Perform transactions necessary to maintain accurate records and inventory balance through use of the computer
- Perform rotational assignments including grinding, forming (press brake), welding and spot welding and other duties as assigned
- Vision: Must be able to meet vision requirements as outlined by standard occupational guidelines
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs
- Pushing: Job requires pushing production materials and wheeled carts
- Sitting: Frequently as required by the process
- Standing: Frequently as required by the process
- Climbing: Seldom as required by the process
- Kneeling: Occasionally as required by the process
- Crouching and Stooping: Occasionally as required by the process
- Full Use: Job requires full range of upper extremities in the manipulation of materials used in the production processes
- Simultaneous: Operating machinery and positioning production materials requiring a Operations high degree of mental awareness and concentration
- Communication: Job requires both written and oral skills in communicating with others and receiving instruction
- Other: Standing on a ladder; repetitive motion with foot; fine manipulation – using fingers to push keys
- Various welding equipment
- Resistance spot welders, Tig spot guns, stud welding equipment
- Press brake, NC controller
- Material handling equipment: pallet jack, walkie lift truck, lift tables, wheeled carts
- Safety equipment: safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing
- Hand tools: pliers, hammer, wrenches, sockets, files, screw drivers
- Power tools: buffers, grinders, sanders
- Measurement tools: calipers, scales, go / no-go gauge
As the leading staffing firm located in the Midwest, we always have a variety of industrial positions available on all three shifts including: assembly line jobs, manufacturing jobs, warehouse jobs, medical assembly jobs, CNC machinist jobs, packaging jobs and many other temporary and temp-to-perm jobs in the Midwest.
We offer excellent wages, a unique employee benefits plan, and job training programs are available to those who qualify. When you apply for work, there are no registration fees and you will be guided through the application process by one of our friendly and helpful staffing representatives.
Production Assistant I - Furnace
This position is primarily responsible for running a production furnace or assembling product according to company and/or customer requirements of quality, cost and time.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
o Run a furnace and understand its operation or assemble product to customer specifications.
o Employ hand tools, measuring tools and industrial truck operation
o Interact effectively with computers and mechanized equipment programming.
o Assist Lead personnel in achieving scheduling requirements.
o Work closely with QC to assure conformity of product to company and customer requirements.
o Assist in the maintenance of equipment.
o Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
o Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or GED;
· One year of related experience and/or training; or
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have ability to program and interact with mechanized equipment.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Brazer Production Worker
Brazer Production Worker # Anoka, MN
Job Snapshot # Location: Anoka, MN # Category: Industrial # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 48 weeks # Pay Rate: N/A
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
11/3/2017 # Job ID: 79404 # Contact: Volt # Phone: 651/633-0013 # Fax:
Description Well established company in the Anoka area is looking for Brazer's to join their 1st shift.
Description: Read and interpret drawings, sketches, diagrams, written instructions to perform complex assembly and production of components. Apply proper brazing procedures to join surface, fabricate, and repair parts as specified by work orders, drawings, sketches
Duties and Responsibilities
Continuously completes successful braze and debraze procedures in manufacturing cell.
Assembles using resistance tack welders.
Able to conform to ASME Section 9, Chapter B 3.3.
Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of work pieces using gas torches or electric ultrasonic equipment
Be willing and able to learn, teach and interact with all functions necessary to support fabrication team, unit and company objectives
Participate actively as a team member through continuous improvement activities to meet customer needs
Comply with all applicable safety procedures and report unsafe conditions or potential safety hazards to team leader or appropriate resource
Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area
Notify team leader or other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning equipment, operations, materials, inventory
Position production materials and tooling, and maintain proper dimensions according to print specifications
Perform operation in accordance with production documentation
Select and move production materials as required
Maintain production equipment and materials necessary to complete the operation
Meet established performance standards to ensure production schedules are met
Perform rotational assignments including grinding, forming (press brake), welding and spot welding and other duties as assigned
Be able to perform additional duties as job requires
Essential Function Requirements +
Lifting: Up to 50lbs +
Pushing: Job requires pushing production materials and wheeled carts +
Sitting: Frequently as required by the process +
Standing: Frequently as required by the process +
Climbing: Seldom as required by the process +
Kneeling: Occasionally as required by the process +
Crouching and Stooping: Occasionally as required by the process +
Full Use: Job requires full range of upper extremities in the manipulation of materials used in the production processes +
Simultaneous: Operating machinery and positioning production materials requiring a Operations high degree of mental awareness and concentration +
Communication: Job requires both written and oral skills in communicating with others and receiving instruction +
Other: Standing on a ladder; repetitive motion with foot; fine manipulation using fingers to push keys Starting pay is $15/hr. To apply please call or text 651-633-0013 or apply directly to this ad.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer
Brazer easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$12.60 - $13.35 per hour
date posted:Wednesday, October 25, 2017
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:firstname.lastname@example.org easy apply
apply with indeed
description Largo based HVAC company looking for machine operators and brazers for a 2nd shift position. This position is in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. If you are looking for a 90 day temp to hire position and have experience in brazing copper piping or machine operations this is the position for you. Working hours: Various
must be able to pass a drug screen and background check. Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Assembler & Brazer
Under direct supervision, performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes.Performs limited assembly, fabrication, production or operator tasks of a standard nature. Sequence, methods, specifications are available require minimal interpretation.
May utilize standard shop tools where set-up is easily achieved and is not critical.Measures and cuts insulation. Applies glue, wraps, and secures insulation. May perform other limited assembly, fabrication, producation or operator tasks of a standard nature.Benefits Available.Starting pay $11.00 per hour with the opportunity for additonal incentives up to $3.60 per hour.PREFERS NCRC CERTIFICATION. SEE YOUR LOCAL IOWA WORKS OFFICE TO SCHEDULE THE NCRC.EOE
Crematory Furnace Service Technician
Crematory Furnace Service Technician
10 + years experience desired
$16.00 to $22 an hour
$40 per day per diem
hotel paid daily, rental car paid daily, air fare paid
HEAVY traveling required gone 4 weeks, home 1 week..then traveling 2 weeks home 2 weeks
when full time on call 2 weeks, rotation.
excellent benefit package
med, dental, vision, Aflac, simple IRA after 2 years
MUST HAVE HEAVY ELECTRICAL reading schematics
Brief Summary of Job:
The Crematory Furnace Service Technician will be required to assist customers in keeping their crematories electronic systems, PLC 's, and burner systems in good working order. This will include but not be limited to general maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair. This will be done over the phone and in person. It will require regular travel throughout the United States and after hour's phone calls while in town. A valid driver's license is required.
Read and understand electrical schematics and components
Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electric components of crematory furnaces
Understand burners and combustion systems of the crematory furnaces
Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair burners and combustion systems of the crematory furnaces
Work with customers to help them do their own repairs when they feel comfortable doing so
Record service records in the field service software and accounting software
Keep accurate and complete expense records
Place sales orders into the accounting software when customer requires new part
Place follow up phone calls to customers to ensure their repair work has been satisfactory
Analyze the condition of the refractory lining in the crematory furnace and notify sales personnel if a quote for repairs by refractory workers is needed
Assist with other duties as needed in the shop
Must be willing to be on call for emergency service calls when other technicians are not available. This may be on weekends or overnight
Job will occasionally require climbing inside crematory furnace. It will require cleaning out debris. Must not object to working around human remains and bad odors.
Will be required to learn how to operate several models of crematory furnaces (Testing repairs in field by doing a cremation alongside the operator/owner)
Skills and Specifications
Must have the ability to work independently or with less supervision
Ability to travel long distances
Needs to possess excellent troubleshooting skills
Must have good customer service skills
Ability to maintain good relations with customers
Should have excellent verbal communication skills
Must have the ability to work under pressure
Ability to manage service calls, some may be emergency in nature
Should not get frustrated at work
Must know how to use tablet computer, smart phone and desktop computer
Must be familiar with email and the internet
Education and Training
High School Diploma required
Some post High School education or training in electrical systems
Ten+ years working with electrical systems and PLC's
Experience with combustion systems or burners required
Stand-By Personnel offers very competitive referral bonuses -- $125 for a skilled worker, and $200 for a welder. We also offer a $50.00 cash advance after your first day of work.
Our Skilled Division: Specializes in Temp to Hire Employment.
Skilled Division employees are required to have reliable transportation and own phone.
Must have recent job history for the last 2 to 5+ years.
#employment #staffing #job #work #tulsa #oklahoma #hiring #standby #personnel #looking #manufacturing #industrial #hiring in tulsa #employment in Tulsa #jobs in Tulsa #staffing in Tulsa #staffing agencies in Tulsa #industrial staffing in tulsa #service #tech #Crematory #ZR
Furnace Operator/Material Handler
Prepares, operates, and controls furnace to refine or melt ore or metal to specified temperature, and changes controls to regulate the furnace and to maintain specified temperature.
Weighs out specified amounts of metal and charges metal into furnace by hand, using hoist, or by directing crane operator to charge furnace.
Observes color, fluidity of molten bath, and appearance of metal on bar, to estimate temperature, or measures temperature, using pyrometer.
Skims slag with rabble, dross hoe, or ladle. Lifts and transfers ladles of melt. Records data from each melt on form.
Samples materials and sends samples to laboratory for analysis.
May load molten metal into furnace, using transfer ladle.
May transport crucible or ladle to pouring station and pour metal into molds
- Requires frequent standing, walking, reaching, and grabbing
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to operate within a team atmosphere
- Experience working in a foundry environment is preferred
- Will be exposed to loud noises, dust, and heat (within work area)
- Ability to read and comprehend job procedures and training documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization
The company serves mainly the Building and Construction markets, but also supplies Service Centers and Federal and State Governmental agencies.
Jupiter Aluminum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Affirmative Action/Minorities/Female/Veterans/ Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Furnace Operator - Will Train Heat Treat Specialist
Operate Industrial Furnace, heat treat of metal products:
GREAT ATTENDANCE A MUST.
1) Assists FURNACE OPERATOR by performing any combination of following duties: Seals furnace opening with fire clay and firebrick, using paddle and shovel.
2) Charges furnace with materials, such as scrap, ore, flux, reagents, slimes, oxides, pellets, or coke, by moving levers to open bin or hopper gates, by shoveling, or by signaling FURNACE CHARGER or OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to load furnace.
3) Turns valves to force air through tuyeres into molten metal to oxidize impurities.
4) Observes gauges and manipulates controls on panel to admit nitrogen to prevent igniting of magnesium.
- 5) Skims slag from molten metal, using bar, rabble, or ladle.
- 6) Cleans slag from tuyeres to let air flow, using bar, hammer, or pneumatic drill.
- 7) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR, or uses electric hoist, to position ladles or buckets near furnace, and moves levers to tilt furnace into pouring position.
- 8) Scrapes and chips slag, solidified metal, furnace lining, and residue from furnace, using hammer, chisel, and scraper.
- 9) Breaks condensers and defective retorts with sledgehammer for removal to crusher.
Our Staffing Coordinators will work with you to find the ideal job that fits your personal goals. SMITH uses Job Matching Tools to match your abilities and interests ensuring that your talent is utilized to its fullest potential.
Miller Brother Staffing is seeking candidates who are seeking a long term opportunity with a great company in Erie, PA!
- Full time
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 11:30pm (evening before) – 12:00pm (Noon) Plus every other Sunday, depending on workload.
In addition to a competitive salary, they offer one of the best health care plans in the area that includes medical, dental and vision insurance. We also offer short term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and more. PLUS – Work only 3 days one week, 4 days the next, and get paid full time with shift bonus
Production Supervisor - Furnace Assembly
Description: At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ . Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary: Supervises and coordinates daily operation of 2nd shift production assembly with responsibility for achieving maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner. Actively participates in all areas of employment, performance evaluations, associate relations, and associate development while promoting total employee involvement.
Ensures a safe work place is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance. Completes accident reports and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identifies accidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
Supervises the activities of production associates to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost and time. Evaluates the performance of associates and completes necessary reports. Recommends merit increases and training/development needs.
Reviews daily and weekly shipping schedules and production capabilities to assure all deadlines are met. Checks running orders/query dispatch lists to determine schedule priorities. Coordinates and expedites hot parts and assigns rework.
Inspects and monitors production quality and equipment. Ensures quality procedures/practices are applied to the process, tooling, and equipment to achieve expected quality improvements.
Supervises the utilization of materials to assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain smooth production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods; reports any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager, Production; and, reports suggestions recommended by associates for procedure change, etc.
Promotes and supports the company's efforts in associate involvement concepts, and "open door" communications through the development and or implementation of various programs.
Promotes commitment to quality through attitude, behavior, communication, and development/implementation of programs and activities.
Communicates/updates shift management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Working knowledge of Lean principles + Experience leading large team in fast paced production environment + Maintains close contact with the mechanical engineering group to develop and maintain gauges, fixtures and SOEs.
Works with design engineering group to incorporate new product development and improvements. Investigates the Root Cause of defects and scrap, implementing corrective action.
Work requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing throughout day.
Requires occasional lifting of objects less than 25 pounds as well as occasional lifting of objects 25 to 50 pounds.
May on occasion require lifting, with assistance, of objects weighing 50 to 75 pounds.
Work involves activities that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, welders or vehicles.
Requires use of protective clothing. We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations. If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: TRENTON-New Jersey
Global Integrated Supply Chain
Posting: Oct 23, 2017, 3:32:50 PM
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!