Brazing Machine Setter Job Description Sample
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics.
The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects.
They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 40,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.4 billion in 2015.
Auto req ID 70566BR
Job Description Reporting directly to the shift supervisor, responsible for the overall quality and production output of dedicated machines. Act as “Cell Lead”, providing direction and training to machine operator as needed. • Conduct “preflight” checklist items at beginning of each shift to have machine at maximum efficiency to include: Check fluids and maintain fills as needed Inspects all fixtures and datums at beginning of shift and make repairs as needed Perform Quality checks per established Control Plan at beginning of each shift monitor gauges for calibration. Analyzes results of CMM reports and reacts accordingly (using proper understanding of machine tooling), up to and including radius comps and tool monitoring systems. Use DataPage to Analyze SPC data from CMM reports and reacts accordingly Ensure correct materials is staged and ready Ensure 5S standards for each machine are met and maintained • Conducts tool changes, evaluates tooling wear or breakage issues, stages tools for upcoming tool changes per specified instruction and periodically reviews information with engineering. Confirms tooling instructions remain current. • Coordinates product flow to and from machines, communicates with material handlers regarding upcoming changeovers and monitors material characteristics (rust, correct labeling, etc.) • Approves completed production quantity as described by Inspection Plan • Conducts machine/product changeovers with assistance of operator as requested • Responsible to troubleshoot and repair minor mechanical and automation issues to assigned machines including the change of coolant filters. Issues work orders into Maintenance System for repairs beyond scope of Setter. • Become involved in Preventive Maintenance activities by monitoring fluids and lubricant usage levels, detecting leaks or breaks to equipment. Support maintenance as requested. • Evaluate and dispositions all scrap at end of shift. • Compliance to all Continental and Henderson plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, TS 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements. • Verify all safety devices are in place and remain in place, are operational. Inspects work areas for potential safety hazards. • Immediately communicates production nonconformances to Supervisor and Quality representative. Actively engage in 8D problem solving teams to resolve customer issues. Ensures conformance to all Quality procedures, alerts and operator instructions remain current. High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
Job Requirements High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Machine Setter easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$15.02 - $22.52 per hour
date posted:Thursday, November 16, 2017
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:firstname.lastname@example.org easy apply
apply with indeed
description Set up a variety of similar type operations to components to produce customer specification. Plan and perform a variety of work functions to maintain equipment in efficient operating condition. Make changeovers as necessary; repair breakdowns as quickly as possible to minimize downtime. Use a variety of hand tools and gauges to make machine adjustments and check conformance of parts to specifications. Perform routine daily and weekly checks on machines to assure proper maintenance and meet safety requirements. Responsible for training operators within the department. Working hours: 7:00 AM- 3:00 PM Working hours: 7:00AM-3:00PM
Certify operators according to quality/customer requirements.
Know and follow SOP's, Dimensional Control Plan's and reaction plans. Provide leadership for team compliance with plans and procedures.
Must understand and comply with our internal layered audit system.
Set-up a variety of similar machines that produce a range of parts.
Provide safety and work environment free of hazards. Repair or report any unsafe conditions.
Manage tools, machines and parts to meet production goals.
Responsible for department's quality.
Lead team to maintain machines and work areas in clean and orderly condition.
Determine from parts produced, the extent and nature of adjustments and changes in tooling.
Be aware of safety regulations and be responsible for the associate's safety on each set up.
Must be able to work with Engineering and Quality Assurance on machine capabilities studies.
Coordinate with Production control on schedules.
Remove, repair, replace, adjust and maintain tooling.
Assist and support the associates by timely set-ups, repairs and material handling.
Maintain SPC records/checklists as specified. Maintain process documentation relating to quality and productivity.
Secure tooling from the crib and replace as necessary.
Maintain good housekeeping in general work area.
Perform preventative maintenance on various operations as needed. Competencies: -High School Diploma
A minimum of 1-3 years experience in the field
Reading, writing and mathematical level necessary to competently perform job duties
Must have a mechanical background; setter experience preferred
SPC Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Brazing Oven Operator
1st and 2nd shift openings in WEST BURLINGTON, IOWA.$10- $10.25/hr starting wage; This is a TEMP-TO-HIRE position with an increase offered at conversion. Brazing Oven:Job responsibilities may include but are not limited too:Start-up and shut-down of the brazing oven. Ability to work in the heat around an open flame
Ability to conduct thorough inspections
Excellent attention-to-detailHigh school diploma or GED required. Post offer drug screen and background check required.
Brazing Technician (2Nd Shift)
The Opportunity | Brazing Technician The Brazer Technician sets up and operates brazing machinery and equipment in their dedicated work cells. Your Challenge:
Completing setup and production of brazing functions following manufacturing work instructions.
Troubleshooting brazing processes.
Requesting appropriate tooling through lead person to support the assembly process for efficient operation and increased productivity. Your Expertise:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Ability to operate a variety of brazing equipment.
Ability to read and interpret work instructions, drawings, blueprints. This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations. Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Brazing Worker-Metal Manufacturing
Downtown Buffalo manufacturing company is looking for a Brazer!
- Cut metal piping
- Brazing of various parts for assembly
- Quality checking and testing
- Assisting as needed in shop
- Previous brazing or welding expereince
- Previous experience working with piping is a plus
- Blueprint reading
- Basic computer skills
Brazer, Pipe Fitter, Brazing Associate
Brazer, Pipe Fitter, Brazing Associate – Leading manufacturer of dehumidification systems for large pools seeks 3 Brazers, Brazing Associateswith at least 6 months of experience to work at their East York, PA facility.
These are full-time, temp-to-direct hire positions paying $15 to $17 an hour, based on your experience. You will work Monday through Friday from 7am to 3:30pm.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Cutting all required piping and pipe preparation.
- Collecting the required parts based on pick lists.
- Brazing sub-assemblies.
- Assembling components and sub-assemblies and installing same into units.
- Laying out piping routes in the unit including structural security.
If you are detail-oriented and have at least 6 months of brazing experience, then please send your resume OR recent work history and contact information NOW!
Or, to schedule an immediate interview, please call:
We look forward to hearing from you!
Die Setter Apprentice
Assist with set up and maintenance of mechanical and hydraulic presses used for the powdered metal operations of compacting and sizing. Must learn to use the proper dies, tools and automation required and make all necessary adjustments, to ensure that quality parts are being produced at designated production levels.
- Become proficient in setup and maintain correct adjustments on several presses
- Demonstrate continued knowledge growth with abilities to use of proper tools and dies are placed into the press
- Assist with performing visual inspection of parts for cracks and chips several times during the shift
- Become proficient with setup in a timely manner
- Have ability to communicate with shift supervisors, machine operators and quality department, changes / adjustments made to the presses
- Maintain and clean tools and tool crib
- Attend meetings and training classes when needed
- Any other duties assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Engineering
- Actively participate in GKN continuous improvement efforts as they relate to quality, safety, 5S, environmental and production efficiency
- Any other duties assigned as necessary
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and componentsfor most of the worlds leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers.We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Sinter Metals is the worlds leading supplier of metal powder precision components. Our global production and sales network employs approximately 6,000 associates in more than 30 facilities on five continents. With a history dating back to the 1930s, today we have production sites in Germany, Italy, South Africa, India, China, Brazil, Canada and the USA.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Press Brake Setter Operator
DESCRIBE THE BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Sets up and operates the CNC Bending equipment.
DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE AND FREQUENCY:
· Performs the set up on all the CNC brakes, which involves the use of a print and a tool/die in conjunction with the stroke.
· Checks all jobs against the blueprints to ensure that they are being done correctly.
· Conducts the first piece inspection of all the set-ups and a routine check of the operations.
· Operates the machine.
· Trains and instructs the press brake operators in the proper sequence of running the parts.
· Organizes all the tooling and consults with the Press Brake Team Leader for maintenance or new tooling that is required.
· Prints the blueprints that are necessary for the operation.
· Plans ahead to ensure the next job is set up prior to the completion of the existing job.
· Performs routine set-up and troubleshooting
· Maintains the machine tooling by routinely cleaning and checking the tools.
· Communicates with the Team Leader and the Set-up about any problems, and the priority of setting up the next job.
· Conducts basic quality checks within the parameters of the position.
· Manually places the material on the equipment and operates the machine to manufacture parts within the tolerance prescribed on blueprints.
· Makes routine adjustments, up to and including tools at time to assure parts are within tolerance.
· Must check parts to print using proper QC measuring equipment.
· Work closely and notify Team Leader when any parts consistently fall outside of the tolerance.
· Load/unload machines and may check basic cross-reference information to assure correct part is being processed.
· Perform any lower level duties such as filing, sanding, and light repetitive assembly.
· Works on the most simple and repetitive jobs with minimal chance of high value errors.
· Works responsibly and efficiently, adhering to all safety rules and policies.
· Ensures proper labor reporting.
· Assures that basic quality checks are performed at specific intervals on machine parts.
· Maintain good housekeeping practices, and perform in a safe and effective manner so as not to inflict injury to self or others
· Inform area management of any hazardous situations in the work environment
· Perform any other duties required by the Fabrication manager to ensure realization of departmental and corporate goals.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2 years Fabrication experience or at least 1 year as a Level 1 Machine Operator
For nearly 20 years, JCS has provided exceptional customer service to both employers and job seekers.
During this time, JCS has expanded into multiple divisions, maximizing our ability to reach our clients' expectations like no other staffing agency can. Our services have provided opportunities for those seeking not only temporary work but permanent work as well.
Die Setter - Mold Repair
The set up skilled technician supports the production operations in a molding facility that specializes in interior and exterior trim for the automotive industry.
- Installs Molds and makes all necessary hook-ups, settings and adjustments in accordance with the process documentation.
- Cycles machine to ensure proper operation.
- Mold Changes
- All tasks incorporated with material changes
- Clean, polish and repair molds as needed.
- Physically able to perform all duties and functions of the position
- High School education or equivalent
- Experience and familiarity with all molding machines and equipment
- Quality standards
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Obtain a Hi-Lo license and operate safely - Safety is our number one priority.
Press Brake Setter Operator
- Setup and document tooling for Amada Brake Presses
- Verify accuracy of machine settings to meet specified tolerances
- Completes all required safety procedures prior to and during operations
- Communicate with management, quality, and other shop personnel for assignments
- Must be able to work from drawings
- Operators will be required to maintain cleanliness of machine and work area
- May perform other duties/tasks required by management
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!