Breaker Machine Tender Job Description Sample
Automated Machine Tender
Job Description This position is responsible for assisting in the manufacture and production of specified products and goods. This position requires a variety of work including, but not limited to packaging, inspection and rework of parts and finished goods.
Job Requirements: 1. Assists in manufacturing and producing products and goods using automated assembly equipment as directed or explained in related work instructions.
Performs gaging and documentation where applicable. 2. Operates assigned automated equipment including but not limited to supplying the machine with components, unjamming the machine, and packing completed parts 3. Places identification into each container of parts or finished goods unless alternate method has been established 4.
Stops process, isolates suspect material and alerts mechanic, quality assurance, or supervision if problem is found 5. Cleans assigned machine and work area 6. Moves any defective parts or assemblies to specified scrap containers
Additional Responsibilities: 1. Performs and records applicable in-process inspections 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities: * Must have the ability to work well with one’s hands
Must have the ability to successfully complete on-the-job training program Education & Experience: * High school diploma or equivalent
Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
Work Schedule: * 12 Hour shift Mon-Thurs 6:00 am - 6:00 pmLeviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Job category: Manufacturing / Production / Op...
Paper Machine Tender - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper Corporation is seeking experienced Machine Tenders and Back Tenders to support paper machine operations in our Shelby, NC plant. Successful candidates will have a minimum s of one (1) year, High School diploma or GED, and knowledge of manufacturing processes. A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable: Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment. Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime. Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills, solid computer skills, operate high speed equipment after an initial training period. Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience. Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment. Key responsibilities are not limited, but include:
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Familiar with Lockout/Tagout policies as well as Confine Space policies
Assist with control room operating duties, such as blade changes and machine sheet breaks
Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery or notify appropriate individuals as necessary to correct production problems
Assist in Continuous Improvement projects, such as 5S events and Kaizens
Assist during maintenance outages and felt and wire changes
Move finished rolls, chemicals or other materials to and from storage or production areas and loading docks with material handling equipment
Familiar with DCS for Machine Operations
Familiar with Wet end and Dry end components of a Paper Machine
Understand operations of a small gas fired Boiler – boiler startup and boiler water testing
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members in Paper Making Process and Back Tender Responsibilities
Perform Responsibilities as a Relief Control Room Operator
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department in Completing Work Orders
Manage Team on down Days If in Control Room operator position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Other duties as assigned Required qualifications and competencies:
High school education or GED required + 2-5 years experience working as Back Tender
Problem solving ability
Good reading, writing and verbal skills
Basic computer skills
Self-Motivated Additional experience preferred:
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine
Prior DCS (Distributive Control System) experience
Tissue paper experience This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3144 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Machine Tender - Quality And Inspection
Job Description Inspection and quality control of the product. Machine tending.
No experience necessary, we will train you. Must be able to stand for 8 hours, bend, twist and lift up to 25 lbs., have use of both hands. Clean and minty fresh FDA manufacturing building.
Hand packing and area cleaning. ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE. Entry level positions. Call 423.522.3026 for more information.
Highlights West end of Morristown, TN All shifts available 1st = $8.50 2nd = $9.00* 3rd = $9.50* Call today
Kelly Services Morristown
423-587-5911. 423-522-3026 Apply online Refer a friend for a $25.00 bonus *
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
LIF - Machine Tender
Live, Learn, Work and Play # Marketing Statement: Lifoam is a leading manufacturer of custom and proprietary molded foam and protective packaging solutions. The company designs, manufactures, and distributes value added expanded polystyrene (EPS), polyurethane, and refrigerant products used in a number of applications from seven plants in the US. The company's products include premium temperature assurance packaging for the healthcare industry, disposable foam coolers and related products for the consumer market, cold chain packaging for the specialty food & beverage market, and custom & proprietary packaging solutions for a variety of commercial end markets. Its well-known brands include "Lifoam" promotional and imprinted disposable ice chests, "Freez Pak" reusable ice substitutes, "Propak" insulated commercial packaging, and the "EnviroCooler" line of Healthcare packaging, among others. Since 2013, Lifoam is part of Jarden Home Brands, a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), a leading provider of niche consumer products, with over 25,000 employees worldwide # Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule: Jarden Corporation provides a broad range of benefits to employees including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, wellness incentives, income protection, financial incentives, retirement insurance (401k), and more. Additionally, we embrace continued education and development through tuition reimbursement and the availability of Jarden University skill training.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Tend plastic molding or casting machines to mold or cast thermoplastic products.
Observe continuous operation of automatic machines to ensure that products meet specifications and to detect jams or malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
Visually inspect products for surface and dimension defects to ensure conformance to specifications.
Position and secure work pieces on machines, and start feeding mechanisms.
Turn valves and dials of machines to regulate pressure, temperature, and speed and feed rates, and to set cycle times.
Remove finished products from molding machine.
Observes plant safety rules.Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern.Assists in monitoring of quality of work output and maintenance procedures.
Assists in conducting operations so as to meet established cost standards for use of materials, supplies and equipment.Follows instructions in the most efficient use of tools, machines and materials.
Maintains a neat and orderly working area and assists other departments in the cleanliness and organization of working areas when projects overlap other department areas.
Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to their direct Supervisor.To maintain good working relations with all other employees.Strives to have no conflicts with other department employees.
Encouraged to bring any ideas to light for possible usage in factory functions.
Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
High School or GED equivalent. Experience/Knowledge + 1 yr+ working in a manufacturing environment PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Requires up to 9 hours of standing/walking daily.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs
Must be able to push/pull up to 75 lbs.
Must be able to bend/stoop/twist, crouch/squat, reach above and below shoulders.
Requires repetitive use of arm, wrist, and hand.
Must be able to work near/with machinery and hand tools.
Moderate/heavy exposure to heat and excessive noise.
Ability to wear required PPE including hearing protection, safety glasses and steel/composite toe shoes.
Annual hearing tests are required.
Some overtime and occasional weekends required.
Equal Employment Opportunity # We participate in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. # #newellcareers
COMPANY: Lifoam Industries, LLC # Requisition Id: 110301 # Location: MD - Belcamp #jardenlegacy
Job Title: Technician Experience preferred, but not required SUMMARY Production Technicians are responsible for the disassembly, repair, remanufacture, and/or reassembly of circuit breakers and associated distribution equipment under the guidance and supervision of departmental managers.
Production Technicians are responsible for furnishing their own mechanics tools and equipment and demonstrate proficiency in their use and the use of specialty shop tooling. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Refurbish, rebuild, repair, & test various types of circuit breakers, contactors, grounding devices, and other electrical distribution equipment. 2.
Verbal and written communication skills. 3. Maintain a clean and safe work area. 4. Ensure tools and equipment are in good working order and safe to use prior to operation. 5.
Perform additional related duties as requested in order to achieve department and company goals and objectives. VALUABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE 1. Understanding of basic electrical theory and application. 2.
Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel. 3. Working knowledge with the use of various hand tools and mechanical adaptability. 4. Proficiency in problem solving especially those applicable to complex mechanical systems. 5.
Read and understand electrical schematics. 6. Perform basic electrical control wiring. 7. Working knowledge with using the following test equipment: a.
Hi-Potential Test Set b. Insulation Resistance Test Set c. DLRO d.
Multimeter e. Dial caliper f. Time Travel Analyzer g.
Primary & Secondary Injection Test Sets WORKING ENVIRONMENT Working conditions are normal for a shop environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, carry or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms on a regular basis.
Some of these objects may weigh up to 50 pounds. The employee frequently is required to stand; talk or hear; walk; sit. Must Speak, Read and Understand English.
Must be 18 years of age. Must have High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be a legal citizen of the US or documents allowing employment in the US.
Company Information Largest inventory of new, surplus or reconditioned low and medium voltage power equipment and replacement parts available in North America Servicing of Class 1E nuclear rated switchgear and circuit breakers in compliance with 10CFR50 Appendix B Modern shop facilities with skilled engineers and technicians Comprehensive quality repair, rebuild, retrofit, retrofill, and life extension capabilities. Emergency or scheduled electrical testing, maintenance and troubleshooting at your facility. Power engineering services such as short circuit and coordination studies, arc flash hazard analysis, design-build services.
Custom manufacturing: engineered, reverse engineered and remanufacturing of obsolete parts. Replacement electrical contacts for load tap changers, circuit breakers and other switchgear. Remote racking systems for automatic racking of circuit breakers from a remote location.
Remote switch operators - actuators for automatic opening and closing circuit breakers and other control switches from a remote location.
Replacement vacuum interrupters for contactors and circuit breakers. Vacuum interrupter testers to determine condition of circuit breaker and contactor vacuum interrupters Indoor dry type and cast coil power transformers to 4000 kVA in stock.
Millions of replacement parts and assemblies. We rent most equipment in our vast inventory.
Circuit Breaker Technician
Mechanical and electrical experience is a must. Candidate should have experience with 480volt, 5kv and 15kv circuit breakers, switchgear and motor starters.
- Must be able to problem solve when presented with mechanical and electrical problems.
- Must be willing to work in a shop atmosphere.
- Must be able task-oriented in order to meet deadlines
- Candidate will be expected to be highly motivated and have desire to learn.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with Shop Supervisor and Management about status of work being performed.
- More information available upon request.
- Complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Able to work overtime
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and assist with heavy industrial equipment
- Candidate must have reliable transportation to and from the workplace.
- More information available upon request.
Breaker Shop Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: The Shop Supervisor is to help assess resource needs as they relate to the current production requirements, ensure availability of manpower and equipment and provide supervision and leadership in regard to shop services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Â Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assesses job specific manpower needs and coordinates assignments with technicians. Ensures core technical requirements for each job are clearly understood and technicians are appropriately assigned to projects by matching their knowledge, skill, and abilities to project specifications.
2. Actively communicates with other department to assure activities are properly coordinated. Receives technician reports and verify completeness of test sheets and labor/material summary sheets. Support I&A and shop estimate communication to sales and estimating teams as needed.
3. Identifies suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Proactively follows up and resolves issues regarding material and equipment availability and delivery times.
4. Provide updates for master technician schedule
5. Responsible for maintenance of master lists for equipment and special tools as well as preventive maintenance and calibration schedules.
6. Maintains job folders and verifies that all required documentation is up to date and ensures adherence to process discipline
7. Helps ensure shop area is clean and organized for efficiency
8. Contains material costs by eliminating wasteful practices and implementing appropriate control measures. Makes recommendations regarding material and resource procurement to complete assigned projects.
9. Oversee documentation/receipt of all incoming equipment
10. Participate in conducting regular reviews for Shop Personnel
11. Maintain an organized, clean Receiving Area, Counter and Shop Facilities
12. Advise Inventory Specialist regarding Shop supplies, tools and equipment
13. Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for each Supervisory task
14. Perform shop work as needed
15. Oversee turnaround on test report completion
16. Develop, implement and hold accountable for processes, procedures and quality standards
17. Collaborate with sales and quotations group to support estimates for proposals
18. Drive collaboration and sharing of resources with other locations
19. Oversee large project (PEG) shop staffing and support
Additional duties as requested commensurate with successful administration of quoting and order activity.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors which contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Adaptability: Shows resilience in the face of changing circumstances and shifting priorities; works well under stress and pressure and is not easily discouraged. Does not become defensive when receiving feedback from others, but instead uses feedback as a tool to do a better job.
2. Coaching: Monitors day to day work performance of employees and provides guidance in improving current job performance. Gives employees feedback that is specific and behavioral rather than judgmental.
3. Collaboration: Works effectively with others at all levels in the organization in order to achieve meaningful results; is patient and cool headed; communicates a willingness to consider the suggestions and ideas of others.
4. Customer Satisfaction: Responds to customer needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, courteous and diplomatic manner; negotiates "win-win" outcomes.
5. Dedication: Sets high personal standards and places job accomplishment high on the priority list; takes the initiative regarding job functions and responsibilities; able to stick to a task or pursue a goal over the long-term.
6. Organizing and Planning: Juggles multiple priorities and properly identifies issues requiring immediate attention from those that are less urgent.
7. Team Builder: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views and able to is build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Puts success of team above own interests and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is considered to have moderate physical demands that requires the incumbent to communicate orally, write, hear at a conversational level, and operate a fork lift and operate noncommercial motor vehicles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required (25-75% time on job) to stand and walk throughout the workday and occasionally (up to 25% time on job) sit at a desk or workstation. On rare occasions (no more than 5% time on job) the employee will be required to stoop, kneel crawl and climb ladders up to 3-4'.
On occasion (up to 25% time on job) the employee will be required to pull wheel mounted breakers weighing 300-400 lbs. up to 30-40' and be required to carry up to 40 lbs. a distance of 50'
Circuit Breaker Technician
The Circuit Breaker Mechanic will repair, rebuild, and trouble shoot Molded Case and Insulated Case circuit breakers. Following all safety rules and best practices the candidate will report to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Troubleshoot and mechanically test low voltage circuit breakers; may consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams in order to complete task.
· Prepare reports, maintain quality records, calibration records, and charts, as required.
· Visually check components and assemblies for electrical and mechanical defects. Devise remedies to correct defects to ensure equipment is in good working order.
· Retrofit circuit breakers with aftermarket trip devices
· Work closely with the Testing Technicians to help diagnose out of spec test results.
· Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
· Observe all safety rules and Best Practices.
· Follow all company policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other departments to provide a quality and seamless operation.
· Assist customers and sales team in field related services.
· Other duties assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Ability to read and understand shop manuals, schematics, parts lists, and additional technical materials for troubleshooting mechanical equipment.
· Diploma from an accredited trade high school
· Minimum 2 year experience in related mechanical and/or electrical field.
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to work in the US
· Stand, walk, stoop, and squat in daily activities
· Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs., and occasionally push up to 200 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment
· At least 2 years of academic certification from an accredited institution and a demonstrated electro-mechanical hands-on ability and technical know-how for troubleshooting and testing of electrical devices.
· Knowledge of mechanical and electrical operation of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Circuit breakers, all manufacturers;
· Experience with the following test procedures: Insulation Resistance Test, Primary and Secondary Injection, Contact/pole resistance, Mechanical Operation of breakers, and related equipment.
· Experience with testing current transformers, potential transformers.
· Knowledge of NETA, PEARL, and ANSI Standards for testing Electrical Power Equipment such as Circuit Breakers, Switches, Bus Plugs, etc.
· Strong Mechanical ability, good organizational skills, good work habits with a proactive work ethic in a team environment
· Familiarity with control circuitry.
· Knowledge of electrical safety procedures for working in medium and low voltage switchgear.
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Service is our product
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress : Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Circuit Breaker Quality Engineer
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the configured business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience and the expertise gained to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As the Circuit Breaker Quality Engineer, you will:
Be responsible for the design, development, testing, and manufacturing implementation of programs for the MCCB Systems and GuardEon NPI team
Plan, execute, and report on the technical design, schedule, and project status of design programs
Demonstrate conformance to Product Technical Specifications and international standards using Design for Six Sigma and Design For Reliability methodologies
Create and maintain technical documentation for all design work and present material for technical review including but not limited to tolerance loops, manual and computer analyses, test results, drawings, BOMs, product cost, problem and action lists, risk management, IP analysis, and FRACAS reviews
Support manufacturing implementation of products through Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
Drive cross-functional support, obtain buy in from business teams while challenging functions for speed and efficiency
Execute design using solid models systems (Pro-E) modeling, assembly & drafting in the sheet metal module Qualifications/
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Industrial or Aerospace Engineering
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this role.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Minimum 2 years of experience in design engineering
Edison Engineer; Completion of FoL or ALJ, ENG@GE, Teardown Training (GE Employees Only)
Progress toward completion of Engineering Master's degree and/or ACE Certificate
Knowledge of certification standards for electrical equipment or components (UL, IEC, IEEE)
Experience with BOM and Features & Options documentation in My Workplace
Proven ability to analyze test data and solve design issues
Willingness to take on challenging assignments and ability to work within time constraints
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to influence and drive change / results
Takes ownership on project and drive results on multiple projects
Possess a high level of motivation and resourcefulness
Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; Connecticut; Plainville GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Part-Time Assistant Teacher/ Breaker *
Childtime Learning Center in Des Moines is Hiring!We are in need of Part-Time Assistant Teachersfor our childcare center located on 610 Center StreetOur Assistant Teachers:
Are caring, compassionate and love what they do!
Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards.
Help to maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized.
Have countless advancement opportunities through our on-going training and expansive network of centers and brands.
Are rewarded with hugs from children and praise from parents every day!
We are most interested in talking to applicants that have:
A High School diploma or equivalent
2-3 years experience working in a licensed childcare facility
Coursework in early childhood education or child development
Impeccable references and a proven track record of caring and nurturing children to provide them with a great start to their educational careers
The ability to meet state and/or accreditation requirements for education and experience
Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
Must be at least 18 years of age
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!