Breaker Machine Tender Job Description Sample
Ensure machine is operating at required speed, producing quality product with minimal waste.
Will change paper, glues, inks, as well as unjam machines as necessary. Essential Functions and
Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures.
Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards. Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times. Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
Machine tender, loading car bumpers (10 pounds) on to a conveyor, removing chrome pets with a grinder. Very friendly and welcoming environment.
-Must be able to communicate in English
-Must be able to life 10-30 Pounds
-Pass drug test
-Clean 7-year background check with no felonies
-No pattern of criminality
Note: Temp to
Full-timeSalary: $13.00 /ho
Shift: 2nd (Monday-Friday) (2:00PM-10:00PM)
Hurry and Apply today!
CLEARSTAFF, INC 251 N. Bolingbrook Dr. Bolingbrook, IL 60440 (630) 759-2900
A staffing agency is only as good as the employees it recruits and retains. Our goal is to place every employee in the best position to succeed. For more information go to www.clearstaff.net
Back Tender / Paper Machine Tender - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper Corporation is seeking experienced Machine Tenders and Back Tenders to support paper machine operations in our Shelby, NC plant. Successful candidates will have a minimum s of one (1) year, High School diploma or GED, and knowledge of manufacturing processes. A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable: Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment. Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime. Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills, solid computer skills, operate high speed equipment after an initial training period. Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience. Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment. Key responsibilities are not limited, but include:
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Familiar with Lockout/Tagout policies as well as Confine Space policies
Assist with control room operating duties, such as blade changes and machine sheet breaks
Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery or notify appropriate individuals as necessary to correct production problems
Assist in Continuous Improvement projects, such as 5S events and Kaizens
Assist during maintenance outages and felt and wire changes
Move finished rolls, chemicals or other materials to and from storage or production areas and loading docks with material handling equipment
Familiar with DCS for Machine Operations
Familiar with Wet end and Dry end components of a Paper Machine
Understand operations of a small gas fired Boiler – boiler startup and boiler water testing
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members in Paper Making Process and Back Tender Responsibilities
Perform Responsibilities as a Relief Control Room Operator
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department in Completing Work Orders
Manage Team on down Days If in Control Room operator position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Other duties as assigned Required qualifications and competencies:
High school education or GED required + 2-5 years experience working as Back Tender
Problem solving ability
Good reading, writing and verbal skills
Basic computer skills
Self-Motivated Additional experience preferred:
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine
Prior DCS (Distributive Control System) experience
Tissue paper experience This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3144 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Snider-Blake is looking for a Machine Tender for our client in the Solon area. This position is a 1st shift from 6A-2:30P, with a pay rate starting at $12/hr depending on experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sets up filling and packaging equipment based on production schedule and ensures rapid start-up and minimal product loss through proper pre-start adjustment
- Identifies, adjusts and corrects equipment malfunctions
- Performs routine preventative/predictive maintenance activities on equipment, machinery and building components
- Reports and documents abnormalities to the maintenance supervisor
- Interprets drawings and schematics as a troubleshooting aid for machines
- Mechanical aptitude--capable of rebuilding and or repairing machines or assemblies to original operating conditions
Qualifications and Skills
- Manual dexterity--able to use small hand tools, scales, hand trucks, utility knifes, and computer equipment
- Must be able to communicate, discuss and/or review repair problems with Engineering, Production Team Leads or vendors as needed
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts as required is a plus
- Ability to use various measuring devices (torque wrench, micrometers,Vernier calipers, dial indicators etc.) is a plus
- Three years’ related experience with filling/pressing machines
- Must have strong mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Also must have the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, temperature, rate and distance
If interested, submit your resume and apply:
Walk-ins welcome 9AM-2:30P Monday-Friday
Bring 2 forms of ID
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
4200 Rockside Rd.
Independence, OH 44131
Seeking candidates on 1st shift that have machine operating experience. Lots of overtime, long term work. Must have good attention to detail. If you are looking to grow within a company this is the place to be. If interested send a resume.
111 Washington St,
Plainville, MA 02762
P: (508) 809-6506
F: (508) 809-6507
Breaker Shop Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: The Shop Supervisor is to help assess resource needs as they relate to the current production requirements, ensure availability of manpower and equipment and provide supervision and leadership in regard to shop services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Â Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assesses job specific manpower needs and coordinates assignments with technicians. Ensures core technical requirements for each job are clearly understood and technicians are appropriately assigned to projects by matching their knowledge, skill, and abilities to project specifications.
2. Actively communicates with other department to assure activities are properly coordinated. Receives technician reports and verify completeness of test sheets and labor/material summary sheets. Support I&A and shop estimate communication to sales and estimating teams as needed.
3. Identifies suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Proactively follows up and resolves issues regarding material and equipment availability and delivery times.
4. Provide updates for master technician schedule
5. Responsible for maintenance of master lists for equipment and special tools as well as preventive maintenance and calibration schedules.
6. Maintains job folders and verifies that all required documentation is up to date and ensures adherence to process discipline
7. Helps ensure shop area is clean and organized for efficiency
8. Contains material costs by eliminating wasteful practices and implementing appropriate control measures. Makes recommendations regarding material and resource procurement to complete assigned projects.
9. Oversee documentation/receipt of all incoming equipment
10. Participate in conducting regular reviews for Shop Personnel
11. Maintain an organized, clean Receiving Area, Counter and Shop Facilities
12. Advise Inventory Specialist regarding Shop supplies, tools and equipment
13. Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for each Supervisory task
14. Perform shop work as needed
15. Oversee turnaround on test report completion
16. Develop, implement and hold accountable for processes, procedures and quality standards
17. Collaborate with sales and quotations group to support estimates for proposals
18. Drive collaboration and sharing of resources with other locations
19. Oversee large project (PEG) shop staffing and support
Additional duties as requested commensurate with successful administration of quoting and order activity.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors which contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Adaptability: Shows resilience in the face of changing circumstances and shifting priorities; works well under stress and pressure and is not easily discouraged. Does not become defensive when receiving feedback from others, but instead uses feedback as a tool to do a better job.
2. Coaching: Monitors day to day work performance of employees and provides guidance in improving current job performance. Gives employees feedback that is specific and behavioral rather than judgmental.
3. Collaboration: Works effectively with others at all levels in the organization in order to achieve meaningful results; is patient and cool headed; communicates a willingness to consider the suggestions and ideas of others.
4. Customer Satisfaction: Responds to customer needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, courteous and diplomatic manner; negotiates "win-win" outcomes.
5. Dedication: Sets high personal standards and places job accomplishment high on the priority list; takes the initiative regarding job functions and responsibilities; able to stick to a task or pursue a goal over the long-term.
6. Organizing and Planning: Juggles multiple priorities and properly identifies issues requiring immediate attention from those that are less urgent.
7. Team Builder: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views and able to is build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Puts success of team above own interests and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is considered to have moderate physical demands that requires the incumbent to communicate orally, write, hear at a conversational level, and operate a fork lift and operate noncommercial motor vehicles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required (25-75% time on job) to stand and walk throughout the workday and occasionally (up to 25% time on job) sit at a desk or workstation. On rare occasions (no more than 5% time on job) the employee will be required to stoop, kneel crawl and climb ladders up to 3-4'.
On occasion (up to 25% time on job) the employee will be required to pull wheel mounted breakers weighing 300-400 lbs. up to 30-40' and be required to carry up to 40 lbs. a distance of 50'
Circuit Breaker Mechanic
The Circuit Breaker Mechanic will repair, rebuild, and trouble shoot Molded Case and Insulated Case circuit breakers. Following all safety rules and best practices the candidate will report to the Production Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Troubleshoot and mechanically test low voltage circuit breakers; may consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams in order to complete task.
· Prepare reports, maintain quality records, calibration records, and charts, as required.
· Visually check components and assemblies for electrical and mechanical defects. Devise remedies to correct defects to ensure equipment is in good working order.
· Retrofit circuit breakers with aftermarket trip devices
· Work closely with the Testing Technicians to help diagnose out of spec test results.
· Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
· Observe all safety rules and Best Practices.
· Follow all company policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other departments to provide a quality and seamless operation.
· Assist customers and sales team in field related services.
· Other duties assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Ability to read and understand shop manuals, schematics, parts lists, and additional technical materials for troubleshooting mechanical equipment.
· Stand, walk, stoop, and squat in daily activities
· Knowledge of mechanical and electrical operation of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Circuit breakers, all manufacturers;
· Experience with the following test procedures: Insulation Resistance Test, Primary and Secondary Injection, Contact/pole resistance, Mechanical Operation of breakers, and related equipment.
· Experience with testing current transformers, potential transformers.
· Knowledge of NETA, PEARL, and ANSI Standards for testing Electrical Power Equipment such as Circuit Breakers, Switches, Bus Plugs, etc.
· Strong Mechanical ability, good organizational skills, good work habits with a proactive work ethic in a team environment
· Familiarity with control circuitry.
· Knowledge of electrical safety procedures for working in medium and low voltage switchgear.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in a repair/recondition of industrial or capital electrical equipment segment
Education: High school Diploma
Functions: Testing and field services
Location: San Jose, CA
Industries: Light Manufacturing / repair/ overhaul/ Field Services and electrical installations
Physical Demands: Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs., and occasionally push up to 200 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment
Sponsorship: Not available for this position.
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Service is our product
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress : Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Circuit Breaker And Switchgear Test Technician
Circuit Breaker and Switchgear Test Technician
L3 SPD Electrical Systems located in Northeast Philadelphia is currently looking for a Test Technician . This position requires an Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics or a Technical Trade School formal certification or equivalent.
Conduct various regular and special electrical tests on all types of circuit breakers, switchgear and associated components.
Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, to confirm the integrity of product operations, identifying root cause for discrepancies and performance failures.
Set up and use test boards and instruments including ammeter, voltmeter, wattmeter, oscilloscope, ohmmeter, and other similar metering and recording apparatus.
Make necessary connections; operate breakers, switchgear and use low and high voltage equipment to test resistance, heat and dielectric factors, load, timing, and similar performance characteristics.
Will also be required to utilize personal computer and/or computerized technology such as in testing product and/or related recordkeeping.
Verify completeness, location and proper functioning of all instruments, meters and other components.
Check equipment and interpret proper electrical-mechanical clearances.
Conduct special tests under direction of engineering personnel.
Conduct final tests on regular line breakers and test special or rarely encountered breakers following established practices.
Make necessary calculations.
Read and interpret complex drawings, schematic diagrams, specification sheets, performance charts, test standards and other procedures.
Check function of controls, relays, indicators, and other electrical features and make adjustments as necessary.
Check and adjust calibration.
Reject defective breakers and switchgear; prepare and test reports and keep required records.
Troubleshoot circuit breakers, switchgear and other related components to the sub-assembly and/or root-cause level.
Work with and instruct testers and other assembly personnel to insure that preliminary and routine tests are carried out correctly; verify changes and explain new procedures. Occasionally make up or repair test boards.
Qualifications Under general guidance of supervisor, perform a variety of complex operations to test the electrical and mechanical characteristics of circuit breakers and switchgear, and all related parts and assemblies. Education/Work Experience : This position requires an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics; or Technical Trade School formal certification or equivalent. This is a bargaining-unit represented position, therefore, salary offered is in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Starting rate is $20.89/hour with room for increase after successful completion of a 90-day probationary period.
Test And Inspection
Primary Location USA-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
US Security Clearance Required:
Shift: Day - 1st
Organization: Division - SPD Electrical-20000070
Dec 13, 2017, 2:48:01 PM
Req ID: 094614
Bale Breaker easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$12 - $12.50 per hour
date posted:Monday, January 8, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:firstname.lastname@example.org easy apply
apply with indeed
description Leading plastic recycling company in the Triad area looking for experienced forklift operators! -Maintain a constant flow of materials to the bale breaker
Operate sit down forklift to retrieve bales from assigned locations
Remove excess waste, including wires or bands
Keep and record accurate records of all bales processed
- Keep work areas clean Working hours: 7pm-7am
Must be able to pass a lab drug screen - Can work in a recycling environment -high school diploma or GED Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$12 - $12.50 per hour
date posted:Monday, January 8, 2018
Calendar Mass Tender
calendar mass tender
Job ID: 4902_790921
Functional Area: MANUFACTUR
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Relocation Provided: No
Location: FRANKLIN, KY
Education Required: High School Diploma
JOB TITLE: Calender Mass Tender
DIVISION: Engineered Materials
LOCATION: Franklin, KY
JOB CODE: 68HBCT
FLSA STATUS: Hourly About Berry Global Inc. We are proud to be a leading global manufacturer of plastic packaging products and protection materials serving multiple markets including food and beverage, personal care, pet care, household chemical, food service, healthcare, and industrial. Serving more than 21,000 customers, including some of the world's largest consumer packaging (CPG) manufacturers, we are strategically expanding internationally to serve the needs of the rapidly growing global markets. With a history of acquisitions, we have grown to account for 131 manufacturing locations and employ over 23,000 individuals around the world.
PURPOSE: To foster an environment of learning and application. Our commitment is to provide you with a real-life, meaningful experience where you will manage projects from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : 1. Work from established procedures, written and/or verbal instructions. 2.
Remove mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder. 3.
Monitor temperature and speed controls of extruder to insure proper flow of mass to calender mass bank and make adjustments as necessary. 4. Change mass screens and pipes when necessary. 5.
Assistant in cutting finished drums of tape from calender and start new drums. 6. Use overhead hoist to move materials. 7. Assist with PE Mill operation to assure correct and continuous operation. 8.
Must assume the assistant operators’ position in the assistants’ absence. 9. Assist crewmembers with set-ups, changeovers and start-ups. 10. Relieve other crew members as required. 11.
Report all quality and maintenance problems to your Supervisor. 12. Follow prescribed safety and GMP regulations. 13. Add waste to accumulation drum. 1.
Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. 2.
Perform other duties as required or directed.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High School Diploma or GED 2.
Previous manufacturing experience preferred 1.
Must have excellent attendance 2. Maintain a safe work environment 3.
Must be able to work overtime as required 4. Must be able to perform all duties in a safe and effective manner
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS: 1. Operator must be able to remove mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder. 2.
Operator must be able to change mass screens and pipes. 3. Operator must be able to assist with changeovers, start-ups, and set-ups. 4. Operator must be able to add waste to remill during changeover. 5.
Operator must be able to monitor and make necessary adjustments to machine. 6. Operator must be able to perform cleaning duties. 7. Operator must be able to perform all duties in calender/banbury mill areas. Never Occasional Frequent Constant 0% of an 8 hour day 1-33% of an 8 hour day 34-66% of an 8 hour day 67-100% of an 8 hour day 0 hours ≤ 2.6 hours ³ 2.7 hrs - ≤ 5.2 hrs ≥ 5.3 hours Material Handling 1-32 repetitions/day 33-200 repetitions/day 200 repetitions/day Non-Material Handling 1-100 repetitions/day 101–800 repetitions/day 800 repetitions/day
Standing: (Constant) Operator must be able to stand to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder, adding waste to remill and performing cleaning duties.
Walking: (Frequent) Operator must be able to walk to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder, adding waste to remill, and performing cleaning duties.
Sitting: (Occasional) Operator must be able to sit to perform various duties associated with essential job functions such as recording production data and attending training sessions.
Lifting: (Frequent) Operator must be able to lift materials weighing up to
floor to waist height of up to 42 inches to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder and adding waste to remill.
se 2 people if lifting more than 50 pounds.
Carrying: (Frequent) Operator must be able to complete side and/or front carries with materials weighing up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet. Use mechanical help if available. U
se 2 people if lifting more than 50 pounds.
Pushing/Pulling: (Frequent) Operator must be able to generate push and pull forces of ≤ 50
pounds to complete various tasks such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder, adding waste into accumulation drum, and performing cleaning duties.
se 2 people if
push and pull forces are
more than 50 pounds.
Forward Bending: (Frequent) Operator must be able to attain/maintain a forward flexed position of up to 60 degrees to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder, adding waste to remill and performing cleaning duties.
Trunk Rotation: (Frequent) Operator must be able to rotate their trunk/torso left-right to complete various tasks associated with essential job functions such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder, adding waste to remill and performing cleaning duties.
Reaching: (Frequent) Operator must be able to forward reach to a shoulder level height of between 48-60 inches to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as changing mass screens and pipes, assisting in changeover/startups/set-ups of machine and making adjustments to machine. Manipulating/Handling/Gripping: (Frequent) Operator must be able to complete gripping, pinching and manipulation of various parts and pieces of equipment utilized for the performance of essential job functions. A
grip force of ≤
pounds is necessary for the completion of tasks.
Climbing: (Occasional) Operator must be able to climb vertical ladders and stairs to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as assisting in changeover/startups/set-ups of machine, making adjustments to machine and performing cleaning duties.
Kneeling: (Occasional) Operator must be able to kneel to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as performing cleaning duties.
Crouching: (Occasional) Operator must be able to crouch to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder and performing cleaning duties.
Crawling : (Never)
Squatting: (Frequent) Operator must be able to squat to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder and performing cleaning duties.
Postural Balancing: (Constant) Operator must be able to exhibit postural balance to complete various duties associated with essential job functions such as removing mass from pans onto conveyor for feeding into extruder, adding waste to remill and performing cleaning duties.
Very Heavy Work (Level 5) as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles. Sedentary (1) Light (2) Medium (3) Heavy (4) Very Heavy (5) Occasional ≤ 10 lbs. ≤ 20 lbs. ≤ 50 lbs. ≤ 100 lbs. 100 lbs.
Frequent Negligible ≤ 10 lbs. ≤ 25 lbs. ≤ 50 lbs. 50 lbs. Constant ≤ 10 lbs ≤ 20 lbs. 20 lbs
SIGNIFICANT WORKSITE MEASUREMENTS: Tools: weighing up to 10 pounds. Materials: weighing up to 75 pounds. Steps/Ladders: up to 7-12-inch step/rung heights. TOOLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Hand tools, hoists June 2012 (Evaluator Jase Pinerola, PT, DPT, Kevin Winn CSCS; Employee Bruce Bilbrey) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!