Breaker Tender Job Description Sample
Circuit Breaker Mechanic
The Circuit Breaker Mechanic will repair, rebuild, and trouble shoot Molded Case and Insulated Case circuit breakers. Following all safety rules and best practices the candidate will report to the Production Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Troubleshoot and mechanically test low voltage circuit breakers; may consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams in order to complete task.
· Prepare reports, maintain quality records, calibration records, and charts, as required.
· Visually check components and assemblies for electrical and mechanical defects. Devise remedies to correct defects to ensure equipment is in good working order.
· Retrofit circuit breakers with aftermarket trip devices
· Work closely with the Testing Technicians to help diagnose out of spec test results.
· Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
· Observe all safety rules and Best Practices.
· Follow all company policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other departments to provide a quality and seamless operation.
· Assist customers and sales team in field related services.
· Other duties assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Ability to read and understand shop manuals, schematics, parts lists, and additional technical materials for troubleshooting mechanical equipment.
· Stand, walk, stoop, and squat in daily activities
· Knowledge of mechanical and electrical operation of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Circuit breakers, all manufacturers;
· Experience with the following test procedures: Insulation Resistance Test, Primary and Secondary Injection, Contact/pole resistance, Mechanical Operation of breakers, and related equipment.
· Experience with testing current transformers, potential transformers.
· Knowledge of NETA, PEARL, and ANSI Standards for testing Electrical Power Equipment such as Circuit Breakers, Switches, Bus Plugs, etc.
· Strong Mechanical ability, good organizational skills, good work habits with a proactive work ethic in a team environment
· Familiarity with control circuitry.
· Knowledge of electrical safety procedures for working in medium and low voltage switchgear.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in a repair/recondition of industrial or capital electrical equipment segment
Education: High school Diploma
Functions: Testing and field services
Location: San Jose, CA
Industries: Light Manufacturing / repair/ overhaul/ Field Services and electrical installations
Physical Demands: Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs., and occasionally push up to 200 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment
Sponsorship: Not available for this position.
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Service is our product
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress : Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Breaker Shop Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: The Shop Supervisor is to help assess resource needs as they relate to the current production requirements, ensure availability of manpower and equipment and provide supervision and leadership in regard to shop services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Â Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assesses job specific manpower needs and coordinates assignments with technicians. Ensures core technical requirements for each job are clearly understood and technicians are appropriately assigned to projects by matching their knowledge, skill, and abilities to project specifications.
2. Actively communicates with other department to assure activities are properly coordinated. Receives technician reports and verify completeness of test sheets and labor/material summary sheets. Support I&A and shop estimate communication to sales and estimating teams as needed.
3. Identifies suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Proactively follows up and resolves issues regarding material and equipment availability and delivery times.
4. Provide updates for master technician schedule
5. Responsible for maintenance of master lists for equipment and special tools as well as preventive maintenance and calibration schedules.
6. Maintains job folders and verifies that all required documentation is up to date and ensures adherence to process discipline
7. Helps ensure shop area is clean and organized for efficiency
8. Contains material costs by eliminating wasteful practices and implementing appropriate control measures. Makes recommendations regarding material and resource procurement to complete assigned projects.
9. Oversee documentation/receipt of all incoming equipment
10. Participate in conducting regular reviews for Shop Personnel
11. Maintain an organized, clean Receiving Area, Counter and Shop Facilities
12. Advise Inventory Specialist regarding Shop supplies, tools and equipment
13. Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for each Supervisory task
14. Perform shop work as needed
15. Oversee turnaround on test report completion
16. Develop, implement and hold accountable for processes, procedures and quality standards
17. Collaborate with sales and quotations group to support estimates for proposals
18. Drive collaboration and sharing of resources with other locations
19. Oversee large project (PEG) shop staffing and support
Additional duties as requested commensurate with successful administration of quoting and order activity.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors which contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Adaptability: Shows resilience in the face of changing circumstances and shifting priorities; works well under stress and pressure and is not easily discouraged. Does not become defensive when receiving feedback from others, but instead uses feedback as a tool to do a better job.
2. Coaching: Monitors day to day work performance of employees and provides guidance in improving current job performance. Gives employees feedback that is specific and behavioral rather than judgmental.
3. Collaboration: Works effectively with others at all levels in the organization in order to achieve meaningful results; is patient and cool headed; communicates a willingness to consider the suggestions and ideas of others.
4. Customer Satisfaction: Responds to customer needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, courteous and diplomatic manner; negotiates "win-win" outcomes.
5. Dedication: Sets high personal standards and places job accomplishment high on the priority list; takes the initiative regarding job functions and responsibilities; able to stick to a task or pursue a goal over the long-term.
6. Organizing and Planning: Juggles multiple priorities and properly identifies issues requiring immediate attention from those that are less urgent.
7. Team Builder: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views and able to is build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Puts success of team above own interests and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is considered to have moderate physical demands that requires the incumbent to communicate orally, write, hear at a conversational level, and operate a fork lift and operate noncommercial motor vehicles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required (25-75% time on job) to stand and walk throughout the workday and occasionally (up to 25% time on job) sit at a desk or workstation. On rare occasions (no more than 5% time on job) the employee will be required to stoop, kneel crawl and climb ladders up to 3-4'.
On occasion (up to 25% time on job) the employee will be required to pull wheel mounted breakers weighing 300-400 lbs. up to 30-40' and be required to carry up to 40 lbs. a distance of 50'
Circuit Breaker And Switchgear Test Technician
Circuit Breaker and Switchgear Test Technician
L3 SPD Electrical Systems located in Northeast Philadelphia is currently looking for a Test Technician . This position requires an Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics or a Technical Trade School formal certification or equivalent.
Conduct various regular and special electrical tests on all types of circuit breakers, switchgear and associated components.
Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, to confirm the integrity of product operations, identifying root cause for discrepancies and performance failures.
Set up and use test boards and instruments including ammeter, voltmeter, wattmeter, oscilloscope, ohmmeter, and other similar metering and recording apparatus.
Make necessary connections; operate breakers, switchgear and use low and high voltage equipment to test resistance, heat and dielectric factors, load, timing, and similar performance characteristics.
Will also be required to utilize personal computer and/or computerized technology such as in testing product and/or related recordkeeping.
Verify completeness, location and proper functioning of all instruments, meters and other components.
Check equipment and interpret proper electrical-mechanical clearances.
Conduct special tests under direction of engineering personnel.
Conduct final tests on regular line breakers and test special or rarely encountered breakers following established practices.
Make necessary calculations.
Read and interpret complex drawings, schematic diagrams, specification sheets, performance charts, test standards and other procedures.
Check function of controls, relays, indicators, and other electrical features and make adjustments as necessary.
Check and adjust calibration.
Reject defective breakers and switchgear; prepare and test reports and keep required records.
Troubleshoot circuit breakers, switchgear and other related components to the sub-assembly and/or root-cause level.
Work with and instruct testers and other assembly personnel to insure that preliminary and routine tests are carried out correctly; verify changes and explain new procedures. Occasionally make up or repair test boards.
Qualifications Under general guidance of supervisor, perform a variety of complex operations to test the electrical and mechanical characteristics of circuit breakers and switchgear, and all related parts and assemblies. Education/Work Experience : This position requires an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics; or Technical Trade School formal certification or equivalent. This is a bargaining-unit represented position, therefore, salary offered is in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Starting rate is $20.89/hour with room for increase after successful completion of a 90-day probationary period.
Test And Inspection
Primary Location USA-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
US Security Clearance Required:
Shift: Day - 1st
Organization: Division - SPD Electrical-20000070
Dec 13, 2017, 2:48:01 PM
Req ID: 094614
Bale Breaker easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$12 - $12.50 per hour
date posted:Monday, January 8, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:firstname.lastname@example.org easy apply
apply with indeed
description Leading plastic recycling company in the Triad area looking for experienced forklift operators! -Maintain a constant flow of materials to the bale breaker
Operate sit down forklift to retrieve bales from assigned locations
Remove excess waste, including wires or bands
Keep and record accurate records of all bales processed
- Keep work areas clean Working hours: 7pm-7am
Must be able to pass a lab drug screen - Can work in a recycling environment -high school diploma or GED Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$12 - $12.50 per hour
date posted:Monday, January 8, 2018
High Pressure Plant Tender (Provisional)
Under direct supervision, tends oil, gas or coal fired high-pressure boilers, incinerator furnaces and related equipment, and assists in the maintenance and repair of this equipment; performs related work.
In the Department of Sanitation, under supervision, operates, repairs, alters and maintains boilers, furnaces, pollution control equipment, and other related equipment and appurtenances; performs related work.
Hand fires high-pressure boilers using solid fuels, and stoker equipment and incinerator furnaces using burnable refuse.
Tends and operates stoker equipment, oil-fired-pressure boilers and incinerator furnaces and related equipment.
Assists in the cleaning, inspecting, testing, maintenance and repair of high-pressure boilers, incinerators, auxiliaries and relative equipment.
May operate a motor vehicle.
In the Department of Sanitation, in addition to the duties above, may be assigned to inspect, clean, test, repair, maintain and alter facility equipment; inspect and read meters, gauges and other controls of operating and related equipment; use hand and powered tools and weld and burn in the performance of assigned duties; work from sketches, drawings and blue prints; requisition parts and maintain inventory; keep records and logs; and supervise assigned personnel. May operate a motor vehicle. CONTRACT TITLE High-Pressure Plant Tender FLSA Non-exempt MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS 1. Two years of full-time satisfactory experience within the last ten years operating and maintaining high pressure boilers or the equivalent marine experience; OR 2. Not less than one year of experience as described in 1 above plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of the remaining required experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational high school. NOTE: For appointment to certain positions a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State Of New York is required. Such license must be maintained for the duration of such appointment. COMPENSATION $73,080 BENEFITS CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria. HOW TO APPLY To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. CLOSING DATE January 20, 2018 JOB SEARCH CATEGORY CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer. Job Title: High Pressure Plant Tender (Provisional)
Job ID:* 18046 Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
General Laborer /Mason Tender
The job will include unloading materials, building scaffolding, mixing mortar, construction site cleanup, operating rough terrain forklift and skid loader and other tasks related to masonry construction. The applicant must be able to lift up to 100 pounds, must be able to work outdoors in all weather including summer heat and winter cold.
It is preferable if the applicant has some construction experience but training is available. The job pays $15.00 to $23.00 plus full family healthcare and a pension plan. Assignments can be anywhere in Eastern Iowa and currently the need is in Waterloo.
Press Roll Tender (Feeder)
Commercial printer hiring Roll Tenders (Feeders) to join our busy team.
- Assist in the operation of the press by maintaining ink, water and paper in the press
- Keeping all supplies readily available
- Ensure plates are bent and packed
- Position job stock in roll stand
- Minimum one year experience as a Roll Tender (Feeder)
- Ability to complete paper and ink usage reports using a computer program
- Ability to handle physical workload
Machine tender, loading car bumpers (10 pounds) on to a conveyor, removing chrome pets with a grinder. Very friendly and welcoming environment.
-Must be able to communicate in English
-Must be able to life 10-30 Pounds
-Pass drug test
-Clean 7-year background check with no felonies
-No pattern of criminality
Note: Temp to
Full-timeSalary: $13.00 /ho
Shift: 2nd (Monday-Friday) (2:00PM-10:00PM)
Hurry and Apply today!
CLEARSTAFF, INC 251 N. Bolingbrook Dr. Bolingbrook, IL 60440 (630) 759-2900
A staffing agency is only as good as the employees it recruits and retains. Our goal is to place every employee in the best position to succeed. For more information go to www.clearstaff.net
Banquet Servers & Bar Tender
Banquet Servers & Bartenders
NEW YEAR, NEW CAREER: BARNSLEY RESORT HIRING FAIR
Exciting career opportunities are available at one of the TOP RESORTS IN THE SOUTH (Conde Nast Traveler & USA Today).
JOIN US FOR A HIRING FAIR – SECURE YOUR INTERVIEW. APPLY TODAY TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION
- 100 New Positions Available for our New Inn and Georgian Hall Opening March 2018
Barnsley Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A background check and drug testing are required for employment.
Visit BARNSLEYRESORT.COM/EMPLOYMENT.ASPX to view job descriptions. Please submit an application before career fair.
PHONE 770.773.7480, ext. 2021 • E-MAIL email@example.com
Scope and General Purpose:
To manage the bar area during banquet events in a friendly, professional manner while maintaining the highest possible standard of service.
- With a pleasant, polite, outgoing attitude, take food and beverage orders
- Serve items ordered in a timely manner
- Follow up on Guest satisfaction
- Clear china, silver and glassware after use
- Complete assigned side work duties
- Must be willing and capable of assisting in accomplishing requirements of other job descriptions
- Be able to accomplish all of the above according to prescribed standards as set by Management
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be enrolled in minimum High School or have equivalent diploma
- Basic computer skills (use of POS terminal)
- Outgoing people skills
- The ability to make work related decisions quickly—to reason out possible outcomes and choose/explain the choices to a Guest.
- Pleasant, positive demeanor
- Ability to maintain the effects of stress.
- Ability to retain training and take direction related to that training
- Ability to correctly count money and maintain security for a cash drawer
- Ability to maintain security for the entire bar area
- Ability to read, write and otherwise effectively communicate in English
- Possess the qualities of trustworthiness and honesty
Essential duties require long periods of standing and walking as well as frequent reaching and kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting and moving objects 40 lbs or more. The employee must have normal vision (corrected), hearing and verbal communication. The employee must have the ability to multitask, think remember and accomplish multiple task with one move.
Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings, with events often taking place in the elements in all four seasons. Events often involve loud music.
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the 10 Best Southern Resorts by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, 10 Best Spas in Atlanta by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
How to apply:Directly through Zip Recruiter or visit our website employment section at http://barnsleyresort.com/employment.aspx
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.
Back Tender / Paper Machine Tender - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper Corporation is seeking experienced Machine Tenders and Back Tenders to support paper machine operations in our Shelby, NC plant. Successful candidates will have a minimum s of one (1) year, High School diploma or GED, and knowledge of manufacturing processes. A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable: Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment. Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime. Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills, solid computer skills, operate high speed equipment after an initial training period. Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience. Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment. Key responsibilities are not limited, but include:
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Familiar with Lockout/Tagout policies as well as Confine Space policies
Assist with control room operating duties, such as blade changes and machine sheet breaks
Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery or notify appropriate individuals as necessary to correct production problems
Assist in Continuous Improvement projects, such as 5S events and Kaizens
Assist during maintenance outages and felt and wire changes
Move finished rolls, chemicals or other materials to and from storage or production areas and loading docks with material handling equipment
Familiar with DCS for Machine Operations
Familiar with Wet end and Dry end components of a Paper Machine
Understand operations of a small gas fired Boiler – boiler startup and boiler water testing
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members in Paper Making Process and Back Tender Responsibilities
Perform Responsibilities as a Relief Control Room Operator
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department in Completing Work Orders
Manage Team on down Days If in Control Room operator position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Other duties as assigned Required qualifications and competencies:
High school education or GED required + 2-5 years experience working as Back Tender
Problem solving ability
Good reading, writing and verbal skills
Basic computer skills
Self-Motivated Additional experience preferred:
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine
Prior DCS (Distributive Control System) experience
Tissue paper experience This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3144 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!