Broom Stitcher Job Description Sample
Asphalt Broom Operator
General Description. A Broom Operator is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below. A Broom Operator typically performs a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates. Key Duties
Perform safety equipment inspections
Complete detailed daily equipment reports
Work and operate equipment on a paving crew
Sweeps in front of the paver
Prepare surface for paving
Cleans up and sweeps after the paver
No CDL required
Equipment is delivered to the job site
Off road vehicle
Will perform laborer duties as required
Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts Qualification Requirements
General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Tractor Operator – Light Broom. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Tractor Operator – Light Broom to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
Ability to maintain balance while working on water craft or other surfaces.
The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Tractor Operator – Light Broom encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete. Visit our web site at www.HubbardGroup.com or call our National Job Line at (866) 748-5458 24 hours a day – 7 days a week to learn more about our current openings We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote a Drug-Free Workplace M/F/D/V encouraged to apply
CDL Broom Sweeper Operator
We are looking for a Sweeper Operator to work mostly day shifts. Must have a CDL Class B, clean driving record and must be over 21. This position pays hourly and some of our jobs will pay prevailing wage. The position is mostly sweeping construction sites and home developments. We offer medical/dental/life and matching 401K.
Saddle Stitcher Operator
Position Title Saddle Stitcher Operator - TN #3810
Location Nashville TN
To produce high quality printing for clients, maintain machine, keep machine and area around machine in client-ready status, work to maintain and exceed quality and production standards pre-set by company and client.
* Produce high quality and consistent printing that meets and exceeds client expectations
* Compare proofs to job being produced to avoid errors
* Get signed off approval on all jobs prior to production run
* Set aside samples at the beginning of the Production Run
* Make sure counts are met to meet required needs of specific job at hand
* Make pulls during runs to assure that quality and consistency are up to approved standard for job at hand
* Manage and Oversee helpers during course of job at hand
* Regularly meet production standards of the company
* Adhere to all Policies and Procedures implemented by the company
* Maintain machine and its work area according to standards and scheduled maintenance
* Keep machine and area client ready and impressively clean
* Communicate any issues/problems associated with given job to assure proper outcome
* Immediately take actions necessary to solve any issues on a given job at time of incident
* Keep personal appearance client ready for random press checks or client tours
* Be honest about any mistakes and seek immediate resolve
* Review and comply by all details on Job Ticket to assure job is properly produced
* Provide suggestions that will better the bindery and make the company more efficient and profitable
* Maintain Equipment and communicate to Manager if repairs are needed
* Exercise authority to instruct crew members to perform tasks
Reading skills capable of reading and following Job Ticket instructions
* Thorough and Procedural
* Planning skills that achieve efficiency, maximize productivity, avoid waste, insure quality
* Mechanically capable of routine maintenance
* Communication skills to discuss relevant job to job issues to seek positive results
* Study and know machine mechanically and operationally
* Dependable and procedurally sound
* Desire to grow and develop new skills and knowledge on going
* Work necessary overtime to meet client demands
* Check forms and compare to proofs for approval prior to run
Clearly and honestly communicate any issues with machinery or with specific job immediately.
In case of injury, must communicate immediately to your manager.
If you know of anyone or anything that is not functioning in the best interest of the company you are obligated to communicate immediately to your manager.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Experience operating a Mueller Saddle Stitcher.
Sets up and operation of stitcher binder machinery (including gathering, stitching, trimming to form completed magazines, catalogs and pamphlets, and coordinates bindery team members interactions on the bindery line, ensuring each job is run according to customer specifications and meeting internal and external deadlines; maintains quality control and reduces waste or bindery downtime.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be bound or inserted or special binding instructions. Ensure that bindery team members know job details to ensure proper bindery utilization.
- Initiate and perform make-readies/set-ups, ensuring fine tuning of pockets to insure minimal drops and stops during operation.
- Set and monitor machine to insure quality of finished product as well as optimal productivity.
- Set up, adjust and normal repair of machinery as needed for smooth and trouble free operation, adjusting head stroke to proper thickness of book, and adjust stitch leg length and clinch as necessary.
- Perform trial runs at start up, checking books for adherence to specifications, and obtain approval to run from the supervisor.
- Perform stitcher operations to operate and run bindery machinery, ensuring machine speed and quality of product are maintained.
- Coordinate efforts of all bindery team members to ensure bindery is set up and operated according to bindery run schedule(s) meeting all deadlines.
- Assist crew members as necessary throughout the run. Communicate with material handlers when more binding material is needed. Use of hand & electric pallet jacks to move loads of unfinished product into machine loading area.
- Change, adjust, and set trimmer knives to proper length and width.
- Inspect working parts and be able to recognize those that need replacement, reporting to management or maintenance any problems that would affect production.
- Perform preventative maintenance, clean and lubricate stitcher as needed per manufacturers’ recommendations
- Constantly monitor quality of finished product and pull office samples as required by SOP’s.
- Complete necessary paperwork and record data as required (such as counter readings, overrun count, return to stock forms for inserts, load tags for finished work).
- Remove completed loads to staging area for shipment.
- Maintain waste within acceptable range as defined by management per the job.
- Ensure that all safety mechanisms (such as guards, interlocks and other devices) are in proper condition and report any deficiencies to supervision immediately. Engage Lockout/Tagout if necessary. Comply and enforce all safety procedures and policies.
- Perform general machine maintenance for daily running of bindery machinery.
- Maintain clean work environment and good housekeeping at all times.
- Perform require paperwork, reports and inspections as required.
- Attend and participate in required meetings and training.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Please apply to be considered-1st shift
Old Dominion Brush Company Inc. (member of Alamo Group Inc.) is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Broom Assembler in its Broom Department in Kansas City, MO. Old Dominion Brush Company Inc. (member of Alamo Group Inc.) is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Broom Assembler in its Broom Department in Kansas City, MO. Under immediate supervision, the broom assembler is responsible for assembling multiple broom types from provided parts and pieces. Essential Job Functions:
Assemble various types of brooms from provided parts and pieces
Bends metal broom bristles using appropriate machines
Using a welder, tacks metal bristles to frame of replacement broom
Stacks finished brooms for shipment Education and Experience:
High School or GED equivalent not required, but preferred.
Past experience in a manufacturing environment using manual assembly techniques preferred.
Positive team-based attitude and a willingness to cross train on other machinery in the fabrication department as requested.
Ability to adhere to company safety expectations and wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Ability to use hand and power tools. Working Conditions:
Work performed in a non-climate controlled metal manufacturing production environment, with frequent standing, twisting, bending, and stooping in and around metal fabricated parts.
Frequent lifting, pushing or pulling of 50 pounds. Requires sufficient manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate production equipment safely. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
3Rd Shift Stitcher Operator (3730 )
3rd Shift Stitcher Operator (3730 ) Operations Byron, Minnesota Apply Description Position at Schmidt Printing, Inc. Description: Schmidt Printing is seeking a First Shift Stitcher Operator. The position is responsible for set up, adjustments, and operation of a Mueller Prima Saddle Stitcher.
Shift Available · 3rd Shift Monday- Friday 11pm to 7am Responsibilities Include: · Set up and operation of Mueller Prima Saddle Stitcher with inkjet capabilities · Perform routine and preventative maintenance on the stitcher · Direct and coordinate activities of assistant
· High School graduate or GED preferred · Demonstrate mechanical ability · Ability to use hand pallet jack and lift or grasp up to 50 pounds. · Demonstrate safe practices while keeping immediate work area neat and orderly
· Prior experience as a machine Operator (Bindery equipment preferred) · Committed to completing tasks accurately and timely while ensuring quality and production standards are met. · Ability to read, interpret, troubleshoot and complete all necessary check lists and to insure quality and production standards are met. · Demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills along with the ability to succeed with minimal supervision. About Our Company Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Schmidt is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies, a forward-thinking organization that is uniquely positioned to recognize and capitalize on new opportunities. Our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor Corporation is one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America.
Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 13,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers. Schmidt Printing provides unique, targeted and measurable digital and web-offset printing solutions to marketers across the country and around the world. Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in the direct marketing, retail, magazine publishing, events, franchise and healthcare vertical markets. Schmidt Printing is located in Byron, Minnesota, just outside of Rochester, which was recently voted 6th in Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine 10 Best Cities for the Next Decade.
Saddle Stitcher Operator
Must have 2+ years of experience
Must send resume
Know how to make ready and run Muller Martini 6-pocket stitcher
Saddle Stitcher Operator
About Mittera Mittera Group is a multi-platform communications company with more than 750 professionals that provide quality printing, direct mail, analytics, design and digital solutions for clients throughout the U.S.
Colorfx is seeking experienced Saddle Stitcher Operators to join our Bindery Team.
Binds sheets of paper or signatures into complete saddle stitched and trimmed booklets by operating an automated bindery finishing machine.
Jogs and cuts paper and board stock to required sizes for printing and cuts and trims finished products using a cutter.
Folds sheets of paper into folders or signatures, finished or unfinished, using a folding machine.
Operates small binding machines and drills or perform manual binding operations including tabber, laminator, collator or Sickenger.
Reads and understands the job ticket, layout sheet, artwork and other specifications before beginning the assigned job. Asks any questions or reports and problems regarding the assigned job.
Sets up, operates and maintains all pieces of equipment which make up a part of the various binding and finishing equipment in a full-service bindery operation.
Minimum of two years of bindery experience is required. * possess excellent work ethic, communication skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment Mittera group is a tobacco free workplace. All employees will be paid via direct deposit. A background check and pre-employment drug screen are required. EOE
Title:* Saddle Stitcher Operator
ID:* 1483 Company Division: Colorfx - Urbandale
Location:* Urbandale, IA
Stitcher Operator Tracking Code 3015-303 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity.Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment). Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments. Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines.
Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer. Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines. Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
Required Skills The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product.
Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment).
Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments.
Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines.
Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer.
Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines.
Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided. Job Location Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Stitcher Operator (2Nd & 3Rd Shift)
A leading provider of commercial printing and direct mailing services has immediate openings for a 2nd and 3rd shift Stitcher Operator.
Set-up and operate two 705 Heidelberg Series Stitchers.
3 years of experience.
MBO folding experience preferred, but not required.
Must be able to work in a face-paced environment
Commensurate to experience. A premium is paid for 3rd shift.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!