Brush Fabrication Supervisor Job Description Sample
Production Supervisor - Fabrication 2Nd Shift
- Fabrication 2nd Shift Locations:Grand Prairie, Texas Job Family: Manufacturing Apply English (US)
Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 217665
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Division Description: With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Job Description: Position
The Production Supervisor manages all activities associated with their front line team, in order to positively impact the overall department.
High level targets will consist of injury free work place, improved first pass yield, improved on time delivery of product and increased productivity. This is an opportunity to lead a diverse team of 35-45 hourly manufacturing, fabrication associates with varying levels of experience. This role is expected to develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets.
This position will report to the Manufacturing Manager. This plant is a part of Siemens Industry, Low and Medium Voltage.
Build a safety culture through daily/weekly communications and proactive coordination with the team to eliminate the hazards on the shop floor to ensure an injury free workplace.
Collaborate with Quality Engineer to implement the corrective actions to ensure the First pass yield of the product lines are maintained at 96% or more on daily basis.
Collaborating with Manufacturing Engineer to execute the continuous improvement activities and projects to ensure on time delivery to achieve targets of 96% or more on daily basis.
Developing and motivating the team to achieve the targets set for different programs, including One-a-day safety program, CIP & 5S program.
Manage the performance of direct reports through yearly performance reviews, frequent discussions, coaching and career development action plans.
Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training and communication for front-line hourly personnel.
Ensuring the implementation of Siemens Standard of conduct and attendance policies.
Working with cross functional teams Engineering, Customer services and Finance to achieve plant goals. Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience: 1.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field. 2. 2 + years experience working as a Lead or Foreman or Supervisor. 3. 2 + years experience in process improvement / lean manufacturing methodologies. 4. Experience of managing teams in a unionized environment. 5.
Strong Microsoft Excel & Power point skills. 6. Demonstrated ability to work in a results-orientated, challenging environment. 7. Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation & team building skills. 8. 5% travel (domestic and/or international) required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience: 1. 3-5 years experience in Electrical distribution products manufacturing. 2. Broad knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer: - A competitive base salary
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
Extensive training along with career development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
Lead Glass Fabrication Supervisor
Lead Glass Fabrication Supervisor # Auburn, WA
Job Snapshot # Location: Auburn, WA # Category: Industrial # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 0 weeks
Pay Rate: $0.00 - $30.00 /Hour
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
10/27/2017 # Job ID: 71407 # Contact: Volt # Phone: 512/362-6157 # Fax:
Description Volt Workforce Solutions has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Fabrication Supervisor. Not only is this position Direct Hire, but it comes with great benefits such as s 401K plan and Bonus incentives . This day shift position comes with flexible hours and is located in Auburn.
As part of the metal fabrication team, you’ll help in several different applications. You will fabricate architectural/fixture products from blueprints, converting plans to reality. You’ll work with metal in a job-shop environment with custom and standard products.
Along with manual fabrication, you will interact with, learn, and motivate other departments such as CNC, welding, and door fabrication. The Lead Glass Fabrication Supervisor will be responsible for the entire metal fabrication process through quality inspection and out the door. We are looking for: + 2- 5 plus years as Lead Supervisor in a Metal Fabrication for glass industry
Shop Mechanic/Fabrication experience (not sheet metal)
Knowledgeable in curtain wall fabrication and storefront fabrication
Excellent competency in reading fabrication plan drawings and architectural drawings Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity! To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience.
We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions.
We offer our workers competitive pay and benefits, as well as educational programs and redeployment assistance . Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Metal Fabrication Facility Supervisor
Metal Fabrication Facility Supervisor
Marion, AR, USA
Full Time Medical, Dental, 401k, Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays and More Email Me This Job The Kelly Group, a leader in general construction and metal fabrication with bases in four states, is looking for qualified Metal Fabrication Facility Supervisor candidates for its Marion, Arkansas, location. The essential functions of this position include:
Overall responsibility for estimating and project management of metal fabrications such as industrial ductwork, tanks, cyclones, enclosures, ladders, special assemblies, etc.
Overseeing production of quality fabrications that meet customer timeframes while maintaining a safe work environment
Day-to-day supervision of fabrication facility
Research customer projects, prepare bids and submit bids following approval of operations manager
Manage procurement of materials, subcontractors and equipment needed for awarded contracts
Coordinate with other managers to ensure projects are run efficiently, profitably and on schedule
Attending weekly production meetings with updated cost of work in progress by utilizing software (Microsoft Project, Timberline, JobBoss, Microsoft Excel) to maximize efficiency
Identify and generate business and by establishing and maintaining a network of customer relationships
Tracking division performance against goals and objectives
Assess and address financial and safety risks
Coordinate shop drawing process (detailer, AutoCAD department and customer drawings)
Monitor and react to industry trends
Set a clear example of ethical behavior QUALIFICATIONS
Understanding of the technical requirements of the industry
Ability to use facility equipment (press brakes, burn table, roll, shear)
Familiarity with applicable codes
Strong staff management abilities, with analytical and people skills
Excellent attention to detail and ability to problem solve
Knowledge of craft skills and requirements
Ability to manage in multi-task environment
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and estimating/scheduling software COMPANY OVERVIEW Kelly General Construction Company of Decatur was founded in 1983 as a general contractor and sheet metal fabricator serving industry in Decatur, Illinois. Eleven years later, Kelly Construction of Indiana opened in Lafayette. Now rebranded as The Kelly Group, the company employs about 750 people and has grown to have five metal fabrication facilities across four states -- Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana and Arkansas. The Kelly Group serves the agribusiness community and many other industries, including chemical plants, paper mills and manufacturing facilities in more than 15 states. Today, The Kelly Group provides a range of services as a general contractor, with five metal fabrication facilities ready to support that work. In addition, an expansive contract maintenance staff makes up more than half our employees. EEO STATEMENT The Kelly Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Supervise and execute manufacturing processes in industrial plant. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification and schedule. 5 years of minimum experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment and has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Reports to the operations manager.
Essential job functions:
- Meet and or exceed company metrics including Safety; Quality; Cost; and Delivery.
- Work with engineering department to reduce waste in manufacturing processes.
- Execute problem solving methods such as root cause analysis to eliminate manufacturing and quality issues.
- Read and interpret drawings allowing manufacturing to build to the design intent.
- Implement and sustain 5S.
- Lead continuous improvement activities in your area of responsibilties.
- Plan and staff area to execute completion of schedule.
- Create and enforce a safe work environment while enforcing all company safety rules.
- Understand and enforce all company policies.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- PC literate.
- Knowledge of reading and understanding drawings.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of reading measurement equipment; calipers; protractor; tape measure.
- Knowledge of CNC press brakes; Laser cutting; Turret punch.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding of 5S methodology.
- Ability to lead change in his/her area
- Ability to lead area independent of constant/immediate supervision.
- 5-10 years experience in fabrication supervision.
Production Supervisor - Fabrication - Ger03387
Supervise and coordinate an assigned shift work force engaged in bar shop fabricating operations involving warehousing, material handling, shearing, and bundling of reinforcing steel. Responsible for the efficient operation of overhead cranes, bending machines, and shear-lines. Duties & Responsibilities
The primary function of the Rebar Fabrication Supervisor is to see that the work scheduled is performed in an efficient and safe manner.This position reports directly to the Shop Superintendent along with the Production Scheduler. The incumbent has limited responsibility as to the work scheduled for the shop and administrative details and primary responsibility as to work assignments, training and shop safety.
The supervisor is responsible for 12 hourly employees. This position requires very close contact with its subordinates. The incumbent would be expected to spend 95% of the time on the shop floor training, directing, and following up. Through this close physical contact with employees, the supervisor is able to maintain control and direct the work flow of the shop. Qualifications for this position would include from three to five years fabrication shop experience, preferred, with familiarity in the operation of shear-lines, benders, overhead cranes and other industrial equipment; a good understanding of general maintenance and equipment repairs is required in order to reduce downtime. Also required is the ability to manipulate the aSa computer production program to maximize efficiency and minimize scrap.
The Supervisor and Shop Superintendent work very closely and are in daily contact as to planning, coordinating schedules, shipping priorities and personnel-related problems. The incumbent also works with the Production Scheduler updating schedules, maintaining shop performance records and remaining informed as to what is planned for the near future.
This position offers several challenges; (1) training employees to achieve maximum productivity in a safe manner, (2) motivating employees and creating a good working atmosphere, thereby reducing employee turnover, (3) achieving scheduled tonnage requirements. The Individual
High School Diploma is required; Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a frontline supervisory role, preferred
Excellent communication skills
Experience in Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles is helpful
Salary & Benefits
Medical and Prescription
Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metal Fabrication Supervisor
*Full-time First shift Supervisor
*Must be able to read blue prints
*Welding experience needed (MIG, TIG, Arc)
* Must have experience cutting metal (Plasma, saw, torch) as well as grinding
* Must have experience with measurements, drawings, and calculations
*Must have Valid DL
* Please submit resume for consideration
CNC Aluminum Fabrication Engineer & Supervisor
Responsible for daily monitoring and direction of aluminum fabrication activities in accordance with plant policies and procedures to achieve safety, quality, efficiency, utilization and productivity objectives. Will be responsible for fabrication of custom engineered parts and overseeing the production of standard parts, when necessary manning machines to keep up with production.
Must be able to lead, direct, and train fabricators.
- Responsible for maintaining machine shop equipment and operations in compliance
with all company objectives and policies
- Participate in design reviews, engineering project reviews, device operations planning
meetings, and other appropriate meetings.
- Scheduling and prioritizing the machining of parts to ensure timely delivery in support
of forecasts and demands based on customer requirements.
- Ensure that fabricated parts are to specifications
- Calculates manning requirements and make appropriate job assignments and coordinates with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Interviews and selects candidates when required.
- Responsible for cost reduction and efficiency initiatives within supply chain in
areas of lead time reduction/cost reduction/material optimization for parts and/or sub assemblies.
- Develop, maintain and report key monthly metrics for machine shop function.
- Complete training matrix charts
- Approve weekly time and attendance records and approve requests for time off
- Responsible for evaluating job performance.
- Counsel team members on performance deficiencies and disciplinary actions of employee
- Making continuous improvement of my area
- Supports and participates in overall team efforts.
- Adheres to Quality Policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Adheres to Safety Policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time
- Other duties as assigned.
Please read the job description, if you do not fit the requirements please do not apply.
AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Fabrication Supervisor. This position is responsible for supervising all fabrication / machine shop employees. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
As a Fabrication Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Work from provided manufacturing diagrams to produce metal parts.
- Verify conformance of work piece to specifications.
- Manage all employees of the department.
- Responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Ensure effective employee relations.
- Provide employee coaching and development.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to plant supervisor.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Adhere to all safety procedures.
In order to qualify for this position, you will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Experience working with CNC machinery included but not limited to, press brakes, lathes and lasers.
- Experience in working in a high volume manufacturing facility required.
- Stable work history required.
- Satisfactory reference check, drug screening and criminal background check required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional leadership ability
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic computer literacy
- 5-8 years of experience in a production environment.
- Previous quality management experience.
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, and education tuition assistance.
Lynchburg, VA is an up and coming city that offers plenty of outdoors activities, from sports leagues to hiking, hunting/fishing and camping. Its location is perfect for easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA and NYC. A great place to raise a family, Lynchburg offers great dining, the arts, professional organizations and places of historical significance. Please visit http://www.discoverlynchburg.org/ for more information.
|JOB TITLE:||Fabrications Supervisor||DATE REVISED:||06/28/2017|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Operations||Department:||Production|
The Fabrication Supervisor, under the direction of The Director of Operations fabricates components such as aluminum stainless and mild steel or other raw materials as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order.
- Preheats work piece with hand torch or heating furnace
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture
- Tacks assemblies together
- Bend and fold aluminum
- Uses sheerer, bender, press, and brakes
- Usage and reading tape measures down to 16th of an inch
- Plans work procedure
- Supervises the activities of the assigned production workers with respect to production, volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of production workers
- Confers with the Director of Operations to establish working schedules for all departments connected with production
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Recommends the hiring and releasing of production worker as required to maintain production schedule
- Assures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production
- Schedules overtime, as required
- Arranges to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained
- Maintains good employee relations, takes proper disciplinary measures when required, and assists in handling employee grievances
- Keeps records of departmental activities, as required
- Assures efficient and economical utilization materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department
- In concert with individual supervisors, established accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation
- Additional cross-functional duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years fabrication experience
- Minimum 3-5 years Supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assess personnel requirements and evaluate subordinate performance
- Ability to train, guide, and direct a crew
- Minimum 2 years of experience Welding: MIG, Arc, Flux and or trade school education
- TIG experience and D-1 Certification a plus
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to learn the use of basic tools and equipment relative to the repair of transit busses
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Lift, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist/ Turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of these methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
About Core & Main Core & Main () is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Job Summary Oversees the fabrication and quality control process, monitoring progress and ensuring deadlines are met.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Checks fabrication of all pipe and material.
Ensures workplace is safe and in compliance with OSHA and Fire Codes.
Ensures orders are processed completely, signs off on quality of product.
Monitors inventory and oversees maintenance and perform repairs as necessary.
Trains other associates as lead or senior employee or trainer. Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do the job.
Administers workflow and manages schedules.
Maintains a positive working environment.
Nature and Scope
Experience provides solutions.
Ensure that work is performed consistently with HD Supply policies and procedures.
Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age
Must pass the Drug Test
Must pass the Background Check
Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Strong understanding of fire protection fabrication process.
Candidate should be capable of working alongside to support and mentor staff.
Knowledge of KPI (Key Performance Indicator) output objectives. Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Job Post CategoryManagementRemote Position?No
Position TypeFull-Time HD Supply Waterworks is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer HD Supply Waterworks considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. HD Supply Waterworks provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you need an accommodation you may use the following email address: HDS Disability_Application_Accommodation. Please specify which position you are seeking to apply for employment. Please do not use this email address for any other questions. Only inquiries regarding accommodations will be addressed.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!