Budget Analyst Job Description Sample
Budget Analyst I
- Support budgetary formulation, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, acquisition strategy, and contract documentation and approval routing.
- Generally possess demonstrated ability and experience in management consulting at the senior management level.
- Other areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to, business process reengineering, statistical process control, individual and organizational assessment and evaluation, simulation strategic and business planning, supply chain management, change management, and organizational development.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field & have two years’ experience in a related field.
- Must possess a Top Secret Clearance, with current SSBI
Budget Analyst II
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field
- 4+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Knowledge of program/management policies, regulations, goals or objectives
- Experience providing expert testimony to support program operations
- Understand the general concept in Federal or DoD business systems
- Interface with the client on a day-to-day basis.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Public Administration, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field and 5 years of experience in the field of City Finance or municipal research and statistical analysis, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
Apply/View Full Description - Select North Texas LEAD as Application Referral Source
- Assist in estimating cost, according to industry best practices.
- Assist in formulating budget, including development, documentation, and defense.
- Assist in budget execution and allocation to operating units and control and accountability.
- Assist in developing and maintaining major Information Technology investments in accordance with the Office of Management (OMB) and Budget Capital Asset Plans/Exhibit 300.
- Assist in developing and implementing measurements of scope, schedule and costs, using earned value management for monitoring projects performance.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Budget/Finance support.
- Candidates must demonstrate advanced knowledge of OMB E300 and of earned value management.
- Experience supporting federal government clients.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance required for this program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing skills.
- Professional, friendly demeanor and excellent telephone and email etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced office.
- Strong personal initiative with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
Budget / Financial Specialist (Government Program)
Riverside Technology, inc. (Riverside), recognized internationally for providing innovative engineering, science, and information technology solutions to Federal and state agencies, private companies and international organizations, is seeking candidates for an upcoming proposal opportunity to provide full-time administrative and management support to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR). STAR is the science arm of NOAA’s National Environmental Satellite, Data and Information Service (NESDIS), which acquires and manages the nation’s environmental satellites for NOAA.
The Budget / Financial Specialist will support STAR's finance and accounting activities. Possible job responsibilities include:
- Collect and maintain data required for budget planning and execution activities, including tracking commitments and obligations, running reports, and maintaining accurate files
- Analyze financial data for discrepancies and take appropriate steps to resolve issues
- Conduct cost and bench-marking analysis
- Prepare budget reports
- Develop financial models
- Prepare invoices for payment
- Participate in regular audits and recommend corrective financial action plans
- Create forecast models based on current and past financial results
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field
- Prefer previous experience with a government agency, either as a Federal employee or contractor, developing and working with budgets
- Prefer experience generating unreconciled payment reports (UPRs) and with NOAA’s financial system the Commerce Business System (CBS) and NOAA’s Management Analysis and Reporting System (MARS).
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Team player capable of getting along with diverse personalities
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Riverside is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering very competitive compensation and exceptional employee benefits.
Senior Acquisition Analyst
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of experience or equivalent education and experience
- Budget and Accounting experience
- DAWIA Certification preferred
- Experience working with spreadsheets and various reports and database systems
- Experience supporting a DoD or Army Program.
- Good inter-personal; writing; and verbal skills
- Able to multitask and successfully be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion
- Experience with and understanding of DoD 5000.2 preferred
Construction And Real Estate Project Analyst
Summary: This position is responsible for reviewing and reconciling budgets on all projects as well as departmental disbursement tracking, G/L budgeting and variance analysis. Schedules meetings and creates meeting agendas. Takes, maintains and disseminates meeting minutes and associated records. Works with Project Manager, Construction Project Engineer and other Construction and Real Estate staff members to create, maintain, track and distribute task list and deliverables to attendees to facilitate completion of assigned tasks for all parties. Is the point of contact to receive and disseminate pertinent information regarding the current status on all ongoing projects to requestors, end users, and contractors on, at a minimum, weekly basis. Tracks statistics regarding project goals, milestones, performance standards and meets weekly with department leadership to review same. This position maintains archives of project documentation.
- High School diploma or equivalent with six years of construction related experience involving budgeting, financial analysis, review and interpretation of general ledger reports with emphasis on construction finance process, detailed documentation and record retention.
- Or, Bachelor's degree in either Construction Management, Accounting or Business and three years of construction related experience involving budgeting, financial analysis, review and interpretation of general ledger reports with emphasis on construction finance process, detailed documentation and record retention.
- Healthcare related construction experience preferred.
- Will work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to develop an effective working relationship with staff in all areas of CCHCS.
- Must be trustworthy of confidential information.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and have general software literacy.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
Strategic Planning & Performance Evaluation Analyst - Cyber
InCadence is currently seeking a motivated Strategic Planning & Performance Evaluation Analyst - Cyber to work on our client site in McLean, VA. ALL CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE.
- Support the National Intelligence Manager (NIM) Cyber on national-level intelligence and strategic issues.
- Provide expertise in measuring the performance of complex programmatic activities described in strategic guidance.
- Supporting the NIM in the development, analysis, and execution of the Unified Intelligence Strategy and other strategies.
- Help validate and propose metrics that are accurate and perform primary and secondary analysis of interagency input on progress towards these goals.
- Document progress in reporting tailored to audiences of varying levels of seniority and degrees of substantive expertise.
- Translating highly technical and programmatic data for non-technical, senior audiences.
- Interfacing with the Intelligence Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Evaluation (IPPBE) process and other IC budgetary data and reporting systems, including orchestrating NIM participation with ODNI enablers.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- An advanced degree related to the position requirements (i.e. statistics, methodology, business, economics, public administration, quantitative analysis, or a related field).
- Ten (10) years’ experience related to the Cyber functional area/technical requirement.
- Five (5) years’ demonstrated experience related to the position (i.e. evaluating and assessing program performance, developing and improving assessment methodologies that incorporate performance outcomes in relation to performance objectives, etc.).
- Three (3) years’ experience working with or in the IC.
- Demonstrated strong analytic skills, tradecraft experience, and/or extensive publication on strategic planning and performance evaluation as a noted expert in their field.
- Significant demonstrated experience with conducting program or policy evaluation, assessment or systems analysis.
- Demonstrated strong methodological, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supporting the budget and programmatic structure of the IC or USG.
Earned Value Management Support Analyst (Pms 378)
Job Title: Earned Value Management (EVM) Support Analyst
Washington Navy Yard
Job Code: 11375984
Imagine One is seeking a Earned Value Management (EVM) Support Analyst to provide support to the US Navy’s PMS 378 office. The Support Analyst shall provide support to the PEO Aircraft Carriers, PMS 378 Program Manager (PM), Deputy Program Manager (DPM) and Principal Assistant Program Manager (PAPM) for the Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) and the CVN 78 program team. Requirements for EVM Support Analyst. Requirements include:
- Provide two-phased, comprehensive EVM support to the Carrier Program Management team to include Contractor Performance Report (CPR) analysis, EVM process development, independent EAC development and analysis, Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) support, and EVM training as required
- Assist with the development, documentation, execution, and maintenance of all EVM policies and processes for the program office.
- Attend EVM support meetings as required
- Utilize Winsight, Excel, and additional software tools, develop and maintain a central location to compile, sort, validate, analyze and disseminate earned value data
- Develop and maintain tailored reports for EVM data dissemination to the program office community
- Maintain relationships with the required constituents (contractors, SUPSHIP, DCMA, etc.) to ensure full team cooperation in understanding the EVM roles, responsibilities, and analysis
- Provide EVM and IBR training as required
- Analyze all provided CPRs to understand and validate program performance and compliance
- Supply tailored EVM reports to the Program Manger, Integrated Process Team (IPT) managers and the overall technical community
- Analyze contractor EAC data and develop independent EACs for comparative analysis
- Prepare program performance (cost and schedule) trend charts and analysis
- Provide insight into areas of program performance that require management attention
- Provide ongoing training meeting support, and IBR facilitation as required
Integrated Baseline Review (IBR):
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of IBR Execution Guidelines, IBR entrance / exit criteria, IBR scoring methods, and define and document the Control Account Manager (CAM) interview process
- Conduct IBR training for the program technical community
- Assist as a participant in conducting the IBR
- Review and assist with IBR action item closeout
- Record meeting minutes from all related IBR meeting
- Develop CSDR plans for all contracts exceeding the reporting thresholds
- Review CSDR data submissions for compliance/accuracy
- Resolve CSDR data submission errors to ensure successful DCARC validation and CAIG approval
- Track CSDR status, resolve and close out action items
- Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course.
- Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate
- Maintain grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements.
- Identify and resolves matters of significance impacting the productivity of several large, complex, global programs.
- Oversee and implement changes and adjust as appropriate
- Interface with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule.
- Determine when additional resources are needed and implement same.
- Identify or gather information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results
- Manage client project/senior management, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and interpreting project metrics.
- Leverages corporate synergies to improve customer information technology performance
- Gather feedback from client on program results; analyze feedback and incorporate same into future programs.
- Identify and determine global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
- Select and hire employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary. Balances program resources (people, budget, material, time) to optimize program objectives for several large, complex, global projects.
- Five or more years of project management experience
- Positive attitude and willingness to work with others
- The applicant should be experienced in Earned Value Analysis, preferably on a ACAT 1 Program
- Shipbuilding experience preferred
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project
- planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with program controls or business finance
- Experience working with quality management approaches and techniques
- Experience working with delivery assurance policies, procedures, and principles to ensure compliance
- Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience working with administrative processes
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and
- deployment of project phases
- Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills to manage programs and develop new business
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Extremely strong excel skills (e.g., Pivot tables, advanced functions)
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to manage large or multiple projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Finance, business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must have or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
IMAGINE ONE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
Project Control Analyst
The Project Control Analyst will support Program Management Teams (Vice Presidents, Program Directors, Program Managers, and Project Leaders) in financial management of projects and programs. This position requires someone with 5-8 years of Project Control experience supporting projects and programs for a Government Contractor including FFP, T&M, and Cost Plus Award Fee contract types. Preferably, have experience supporting programs in the intelligence community.The Project Control Analyst will lead with a positive attitude and ownership mentality. Teamwork and collaboration will be critical for the success of this role, along with having the ability to work independently on assigned tasks and responsibilities. Focus on accuracy and consistency of data and numbers is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Collaborate with Project Management Teams (including Program Directors, Program Managers, and Project Leaders) in the development, review, and updates of project and program budgets, forecasts, and estimate-at-completion (EAC) and associated reporting and analysis.
- Facilitate contract kick-off meetings to ensure consistency and effectiveness of CostPoint project set up, project billing and accounting, and other contractual obligations and requirements that have a financial implication. Collaborate with accounting department in project set up structure and process.
- Set up and maintain CostPoint project workforce in order to manage labor charges on projects; partner with program management team to communicate personnel ceilings and budgets to project team members. Track personnel spend against budgets as required.
- Monitor and review project and program expenditures for accuracy and consistency. Collaborate with accounting department in resolving any discrepancies or miscoding of expenditures.
- Review, monitor, and report project financial performance (revenue, cost, margins) and identify and present potential deviations against budget or forecasts to management. Develop and provide recommendations for corrective action or improvement as necessary.
- Support subcontractor/vendor cost management lifecycle, including setting up Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, tracking subcontractor/vendor invoicing and payments, and developing back up for subcontractor accruals. Review subcontractor invoices for accuracy, timeliness and completion. Collaborate with Purchasing Department to ensure subcontractor funding is up to date, in place, and in line with prime contract.
- Proactively partner with program management team in order to understand and track program risks and challenges and ensure risk mitigation activities are in place as necessary to avoid performance issues.
- Prepare and/or support preparation of client status reports, integrated program reviews, and/or ad-hoc program related financial requests from clients, internal management, and other stakeholders.
- Review and approve client invoices for submission to customer. Collaborate with Project Accounting and Billing Department in supporting client questions associated with billings and reviewing and resolving unbilled charges.
- Monitor, track, and forecast project spend for labor and non-labor (travel/ODCs). Manage labor category spend on T&M contracts with labor category ceilings.
- Collaborate with Pricing Department and Program Management teams in development of price proposals and cost estimates including documentation of pricing assumptions and basis of estimates.
- Support audit requirements from federal agencies (DCAA/DCMA/Other) and internal and external auditors.
- Support development or enhancement of project control processes, procedures, and systems.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in a Project/Program Control role or finance/accounting role for a government contractor
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across departments and levels of an organization
- Strong organization skills and focus on accuracy and consistency
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- Experience with various contract types (FFP, T&M, CPFF)
- This position will require an active security clearance, at the Top Secret with SCI and polygraph level.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!