Budget Clerk Job Description Sample
Capital Budget Clerk Intern
Position Summary: Assists and supports Capital Budget Analyst with the day-to-day capital activities of the Capital Improvements and Cost and Budgets departments Essential Functions:
This position processes other financial information to support the capital budget analyst as well as other clerical, administrative and logistical functions may be assigned as needed
Performs clerical duties including pulling Accounts Payable invoices, copying, scanning & filing project files. Maintains all records, files and ledgers related to specific areas of responsibility.
Performs all duties, both listed and others as assigned, in accordance with the company's Mission and Vision statements while adhering to safety policies. Working Relationships Maintains positive relationships with internal customers. Tasks: Maintains a commitment to teamwork by building strong relationships with coworkers both within and outside the department. Collaborates with coworkers to create a unified and spirited workplace.
Technical/Clinical Skills (Usage):
Microsoft Office Suite (Frequently)
Basic computer skills (Frequently)
Standard Office Equipment (Frequently)
Business major in High School
Facility: Part of LifeBridge Health, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore features state-of-the-art facilities and renowned Centers of Excellence – some with national and international acclaim.
As the largest community hospital and the third largest teaching hospital in Maryland, Sinai Hospital's mission is to provide quality patient care, educate medical students and residents, and engage in research to improve the lives of people all over the world. Sinai Hospital is a smoke-free workplace. M/F/PV/IWD Employer Requisition Number: 50118 Department:
Cost and Budget - 6360 Schedule: Part-time Shift: Evening shift Hours: 11:00am- 8:00pm
Budget Analyst - Budget Analyst Sr
Supports O&M and/or Capital budgeting process, re- projections, variance/other standard/ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and/or the improvement requisition process for a business unit(s), corporate group(s), operating company (ies) and/or for AEP Consolidated. Includes providing support of the related planning, budgeting and reporting applications and the billing/allocation processes.
Note: A budget analyst will provide more limited support, either in activities performed or in groups supported.
Support the planning and budgeting activities for the O&M and/or Capital resource allocation process; including long-range forecasts, detail budgets, re-projections and contingency plans.
Prepare monthly/quarterly variance reports.
Prepare ad-hoc reports as required.
Support decisions affecting operation and maintenance activities, capital investment, and customer service levels, and profitability objectives.
Assist in routing and approval process for Improvement Requisitions; ensuring that Authorization
Policy and IR Procedures are followed.
Engage in developing and improving standardized processes surrounding budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and improvement requisitions.
Perform special studies, analysis, investigations, and assignments as may be required.
Provide assistance in responding to regulatory and other data requests.
Budget Analyst II (Part-Time)
Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
Our Company is seeking a Budget Analyst. The employee should have knowledge of budgetary processes and automated systems necessary to monitor and manage the office budget. They will use their knowledge and skills in applying the principles, practices and methods of budget execution to monitor whether obligations, expenditures, and requested allotments are within funding limitations in the approved budget.
Please note: this is a part-time position.
- Performs budget administration functions in the monitoring, and review of the Field Office (FO) budget for buildings, including personnel, repair and alteration (R&A) projects, utilities, reimbursable work authorizations, and services.
- Reviews and provides information and/or data to the Field Office Director (FOD) and individual building managers in support of the annual budget.
- Reviews and provides information and/or data to the FOD on the annual FO budget. Researches, compiles and summarizes data concerning personnel salaries and expenses and similar object class and line item information needed for execution of the budget.
- Monitors and tracks obligations and expenditures in the financial management systems for support functions throughout the execution phase of the annual operating budget and ensures reconciliation between all reporting systems. Works with the FOD and building managers to ensure timely obligation and commitment of funds. Upon direction from a supervisor or manager, reports variations in excess of accepted funding limitations to activity managers.
- Recommends cost-transfer of funds between object class and function codes under the same appropriations. Prepares data summary for inclusion in routine and special reports on budget execution.
- Tabulates cost data on individual projects/building (i.e., Logistic Management Institute (LMI) and industrial data) to illustrate the effect of changes in levels of funds. Compiles information in the correct format and prepares clarifying information (i.e., graphs, charts and other visual aids).
- Develops budget reports for Budget Activities (BA-80, BA-60, BA-61) for use and tracking purposes of the PBS Field Offices and their staff.
- At times may be required to have customer interaction when working through budget duties. Serves as a liaison between budget analysts and Contractor issues.
- Employee should have knowledge of budgetary and financial relationships with workloads of organizational components to determine whether funds are being obligated and expended in accordance with goals and objectives of the Field Office’s (FO’s) annual work plan with supervisor or manager’s advice and guidance.
- Should have a practical knowledge of the organizational structure, programs and work methods of components budgeted for, to determine whether funding needs are in line with program plans and should be familiar with MS Office.
- Proven experience as budget analyst
- Proficient in MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
Senior Budget Analyst
Purpose: Provide scientific, technical, professional, and engineering expertise in support of the Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA) G-3/5/7.
Responsibilities:Assist coordinating requirement-related actions within the headquarters and other divisions in accordance with (IAW) Army Regulation (AR) 71-9 and the 28 June 2018 Interim Policy Memorandum for Army Urgent Operational Needs Process and Other Quick Reaction Capabilities.
1. TS/SCI Security Clearance
Education and Certifications: Must have: Associates or Bachelors degree 1. Degree should be in a related field such as accounting, economics, business administration,
finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in
accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. 2. At least 4 years plus of experience in DoD Resource/Financial Management with focus on
planning, budgeting, or execution; accounting; or an equivalent combination of accounting
experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge.
3. Demonstrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience (e.g., GFEBS, DTS, WAWF,
EDA, etc.) 4-years plus performing functions that are not inherently governmental.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. See Education and Certifications
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – Fresh Beanies
- 401(k)with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Budget Analyst in Fort Gordon, GA for a task providing training on a wide range of Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4-ISR), and Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) equipment. These services will support new and existing C4-ISR technology-weapons systems and COTS equipment and include the provision for logistical and administrative support. Personnel assigned to this contract shall develop and conduct training for military units and government agencies. The Budget Analyst will be responsible for:
- Provide weekly reports of remaining funding balances for contract SLINs
- track and provide a weekly report of financial transactions among the various Government and Contract entities to include but not limited to labor costs, Overhead Direct Costs, materials, travel, and support
- Coordinates with government personnel to track and report the status of funds from customer entities to the vendor to ensure financial obligations are managed in a legal, accurate, and timely manner
- Coordinates with the vendor to provide Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates back to the Government to inform financial decisions for execution of training
- Validates contract costs on DD1144 Support Agreements to ensure accuracy of cost information prior to signature
- Provides a financial analysis in the form of cost and spending projections by supported customer location and unit on a quarterly basis
- High School Diploma
- 5 years relevant experience, such supporting Signal University, Army Cyber Command
- Experience validating contract costs and providing ROM cost estimates (they are going to need to know how to do this, so I would make a requirement. Otherwise any budget analyst will apply thinking they are qualified ðŸ˜‰)
- Experience with labor costs, Overhead Direct Costs, materials, travel, etc
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience validating contract costs on DD1144 Support Agreements
- Experience providing financial analysis in the form of cost and spending projections
Budget Analyst 2
Job ID 109417 Date posted 07/16/2019 Apply
Budget Analyst 2
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance Systems (ISR Systems) is one of three L3 business segments, is an industry leader in the missionization, modernization, and maintenance of aircraft and ground systems, with more than 65 years of experience in developing complex intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance systems; command and control systems; and secure communications. We provide a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
About L3 ISR Segment
L3�s ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30+ unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber, and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40+ locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
Compiles and reviews budgets for corporate or organizational units using actual performance; previous budget figures; estimated revenue; expense reports; and other data sources to control funds and provide for proper financial administration.
Prepares financial plans; monitors implementation of financial policies; prepares regular and special-purpose reports; maintains historical records; analyzes trends; establishes cost rates and personnel forecasts; recommends and interprets budgetary policies and procedures; prepares comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds; and determines rationale for variances between costs and budget.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Apply SAVE FOR LATER
IS Budget & Operations Specialist
Coordinator, IS Budget and Operations Specialist (Full Time)
Location: Warwick, RI
Are you looking for a company that values innovation and a department that rewards your ability to use your finance, technical, analytical and communication skills in a way that will streamline operations and processes? If so, please look at our opportunity for you to shine.
As the Budget and Operations Specialist you will serve as the point person and facilitate smooth coordination, communication and analysis relative to the budget, procurement, and other operational administrative matters related to the Information Systems department.
You will occupy a key departmental role, responsible for a large departmental budget, which will include tracking expenditures, researching variances, and analyzing forecasts to determine the validity of remaining budget dollars. You will review and determine costs are allocated to appropriate account and are allowable as well as insure accurate input of data elements.
As needed you will Prepare/provide reports and documents and attend related meetings on budgetary matters. In addition, you will work closely with department managers in order to plan and development the baseline draft budget for the coming year.
In addition to the budget responsibilities, you will administer the department procurement process for hardware, software, consulting and other departmental areas related to procurement by monitoring, initiating and maintaining comprehensive records of procurement expenses and other disbursements. As necessary, you will package proper documentation relating to contracts, invoices, purchase requests and you will prepare and facilitate the sign off workflow for each purchase or transaction. At needed you will communicate with vendors to obtain quotes, invoices and for changes to maintenance agreements, contracts and subscriptions.
You will report directly to the VP of Information Systems and the Chief Operating Officer and as such will spend a small percentage of your time on other operational duties such as scheduling and taking minutes at meetings, overseeing time sheets, and researching administrative affairs as needed.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor's Degree and two years related experience with budgets and expenditures or the equivalent combination of education, skills and experience. In order to be effective in this role you must possess excellent organizational, research, and excel skills.
In addition, you should have strong interpersonal skills in order to develop and maintain relationships with managers and staff, as well as external vendors. If you have the ability to analyze workflow and streamline processes that would be extremely beneficial.
Why Work Here….
Competitive base salary along with a broad range of compensation initiatives
Comprehensive health plans, life insurance and wellness programs
Generous vacation time, plus telecommuting and flexible schedule arrangements
Retirement savings plan and 401(k) educational programs
Learning and development opportunities
Friendly and supportive atmosphere
Professional environment based on knowledge sharing and teamwork
Dedication to the health and wellness of our employees - Beacon is a long standing winner of numerous Worksite Wellness Awards
Channel Sales Representative - Budget Blinds
* Create connections with specified target accounts in key cities/areas on the East Coast including New York/New Jersey, DC metro, Florida, the Carolinas and New England * Focus on growing medium-sized accounts by helping them to capitalize on opportunities and assist in overcoming sales barriers/challenges they may have.Also, many accounts need further hands-on training in the area of selling skills to grow to the next level.Growing this tier of accounts is imperative to our long-term success in the channel * Establish connections and grow relationships further with high-performing accounts and original beta accounts in these specified territories * Spend 50 – 75% of time in field calling on accounts and creating face-to-face connections in order to bolster existing inside sales relationships * Lead pre-scheduled trainings/events within key markets will be part of this activity * Assist in development of new training programs/schedules to drive additional growth through existing accounts * Attend all relevant Budget Blinds corporate sponsored events including National Convention and Motorization/Automation trainings * Spend additional 25-50% of time working "inside" focused on account outreach, and setting up field sales activities * Training with inside sales team and existing sales leaders for Budget Blinds channel will occur the first 6-8 weeks of the assignment, with minimal travel during that time period.This will allow time to familiarize individual with the Budget Blinds business, product offering, value prop, and challenges/opportunitiesStay aligned to Lutron's culture and values:*
* Bachelors degree * 2-5 years experience * 50-75% travel * Strong communication skills * Proven customer training experience * Have a passion for our mid-market technologyLutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA
Budget Assistant (Ca/C) (Id:7515268)
Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Budget Assistant in the Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) to effectively provide the support services as outlined below.
Clearance Requirement - SECRET
Duties, Tasks and
- Reviews invoices for proper certification and monitors available balances to determine if sufficient funds are available to pay the invoice;
- Informs appropriate budget analysts of any invoices that cannot be paid due to insufficient funds;
- Facilitates coordination between the program staffs, office of the Resource Management, and vendors to resolve accounts payable problems;
- Remains current with assigned program accounts and their relevant issues, determines the most advantageous position for the CA, and recommends solutions to account payable problems;
- Provides data support for financial reports on the status of CA program operations for functional programs;
- Monitors the use and rate of expenditures of program funds;
- Researches funding activities within each action office and reviews written documentation for the past and future program requirements;
- Examines the use of funds against planning targets for budgeted programs and identifies potential economies;
- Prepares detailed cost and program data for assigned projects in support of the preparation of the annual budget submission to the Department, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Congress;
- Analyzes Departmental accounting reports and other information resources to generate these supportive data;
- Performs cost analysis using cost-benefit analysis, researching historical methods;
- Provides a variety of reports on the outstanding bills, interest, outstanding travel vouchers, training expenses, or the other subjects as assigned by the designated Government point of contact;
- Performs periodic reviews of unpaid obligations to ascertain the continued validity of such transactions;
- Monitors the status of the Bureau’s working capital fund and prepare reports detailing working capital expenses, by organization and identifies any unusual trends or discrepancies to the appropriate budget analyst for further investigation;
- Assists in executing the Bureau’s Washington imprest fund and refunds; reviews all requests for validity of request and availability of funds and assigns appropriate fiscal data to certified requests; provides information and guidance to all Bureau personnel regarding appropriate use of imprest funds and appropriate procedures; provides status updates on refund processing issues;
- Reviews prior year financial reports and researches records (requisitions, obligating documents and invoices) to ensure that obligations have been properly liquidated and ensure that duplicate payments have not been made by RM; advises appropriate budget analyst to make necessary corrections to financial reports; and
- Provides information and guidance to all CA offices on procedures, forms, and documentation required to support budget estimates and requests for funds.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft software/applications;
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills;
- Excellent customer service skills, including customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; and
- Ability to interact effectively with others in particular, colleagues and personnel at various Department levels.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.
Senior Budget Analyst
This position performs advanced analytical work in identifying, defining, analyzing and recommending solutions to a variety of management, organization and/or budgetary issues of municipal operations.
Essential Job Functions
Participates in all phases of budget preparation; reviews and analyzes departmental budget requests; makes expenditure recommendations; confirms organizational charts and personnel schedules; conducts site visits; assists in the preparation of mission statements, goals, objectives and service levels; prepares assigned components of budget document.
May meet with department personnel to discuss budget issues; review fee increases and develop revenue projections; calculate cost allocations of service levels, update summary sections of budget document as directed, and assist with development of presentations.
May develop and monitor contracts and may provide analytical review of associated programs, project goals and objectives for compliance.
Designs, prepares and presents advanced data in a coherent oral, written or graphic manner; may perform analysis using computer software applications.
Monitors assigned departmental budgets throughout the year; participates in and may coordinate preparation of status reports; reviews, investigates and approves budget related forms; prepares correspondence pertaining to budgetary matters.
Assist with various aspects of development of the capital improvement program budget process.
Updates short-range and long-range financial/management plans.
Coordinates a team conducting studies for management that may include, but are not limited to, cost/benefit analysis, performance assessment, and statistical analysis.
Monitors grant funded programs and outside agency agreements; assist with analytical review of grant funded programs/agencies and associated goals and objectives as directed.
Coordinates specific aspects of disaster preparedness record keeping as assigned.
Participates in meetings and conferences to explain findings.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in Accounting, Business, Public Administration or Finance; with three years of experience in local government budget analysis; public/business management, or management systems analysis, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. May require the ability to conduct field investigations. A valid driver's license is required.
Work Hours: Monday
Friday 8:00 am
5:00 pm ; Work Location: 1375 Chatham Pkwy
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of governmental accounting.
Knowledge of state and city budgetary policies.
Knowledge of various research techniques and their proper application.
Knowledge of federal rules and regulations for disaster preparedness and record keeping.
Knowledge of relevant local, state, and federal regulations.
Skill in developing short- and long-range plans.
Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!