Buffalo Job Description Sample
Project Manager Commercial Construction 100% Travel
Looking for well-rounded and detail-oriented PMs who know all construction trades very well and have at least 5 years experience as a Lead PM on commercial type projects with a larger general contractor. These positions are full time traveling positions, meaning that PMs are expected to go from project to project as needed. Ranked as one of the top general contractors in the country according to Engineering News and Record, they value high-quality, highly-motivated, and talented employees in maintaining their position as an industry leader. The candidate must have the following skills: ? Ability to create and maintain a culture that values safety ? Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships resulting in customer satisfaction ? A broad knowledge of business operations ? Ability to lead designers, subcontractors, consultants, and employees through complex projects ? Results oriented with a proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet deadlines ? Ability to mentor and coach others ? Ability to apply sound judgment and experience to complex problems
? Experience leading large scale vertical construction projects from start to finish of at least 10 million dollars ? Strong experience in one or more of these project types: hospitality, multifamily, gaming, municipal, federal, commercial, manufacturing ? Have experience leading multiple projects concurrently, or start to finish lead experience on large projects. ? At least 5 years experience as a project manager on large scale vertical construction projects with a general contractor ? Bachelors degree in construction management, engineering, or related field (strongly preferred) ? In lieu of bachelors degree per above, equivalent relevant experience will be considered ? Current valid driver's license
Senior Hospital Construction Project Manager
Senior Project Manager will support all physical plant construction, renovation, restoration, and major repair programs at any facility within the national health system. This position is knowledgeable in building systems and construction methods specifically in a health care environment.
This position develops concepts and plans for facility growth or change in service as well as capital upkeep and replacement. The key role of this position is advisor to each individual facility managing director to assist in growth planning and implementation, as it relates to buildings and facility campus. This position has responsibility to oversee other Assistant PM and Regional PM as assigned to provide guidance on project decisions and regulatory interface.
A Mentoring relationship will be required. Essential Job Duties Work closely with RVP, C-suite, RFM/DPO, FF&E and IT in the development of project scope and price. Differentiates between priority business needs and "nice-to-have?s" in order to assist in determining project priority and to resolve resource conflicts.
Works closely with user groups to learn all aspects of user requirements in order to provide effective advice and recommendation. Ensure projects are completed on budget and schedule and that the projects incorporate the latest Behavioral Health/Acute best practices. Have the ability to manage multiple, large projects at one time with some supervision.
Develop/engage project teams using a competitive RFP process. Assist in guiding project through local, State and Federal building restrictions and code compliance. Accurate budgeting, scheduling, logistics, ICRA, ILSM from conception through completion.
Follow the CAR/PAC process for pre-validation, validation and request for full funding. Take a leadership role in finding new methods/approaches to help execute work faster and more efficiently. Challenge assumptions and bring new ideas to the table that could benefit the entire department in executing our role.
Maintain a vendor ranking and ensure we reinforce success by re-engaging firms that perform excellent work and value the relationships in the system. Collecting historical cost and schedule data to utilize in predicting future cost and time to execute projects (send to corporate at projection completion). Ensure all parties on the project have executed a contract and have provided all the required insurances prior to commencing work. Ensure the highest ethical standards when dealing with our vendors.
Ensure vendors compliant with the terms of the agreement and that the business terms agreed are fair to both the vendor. Use business term guidelines. Job Requirements Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred. At least 5 years of hospital construction experience required Travel 25% to 50%; strong leadership skills; specific construction implementation experience, some development experience, code and permit knowledge, negotiating skills, strong interpersonal skills to lead vendors, solid business decision making skills.
Remote Hospital Assistant Director Of Construction
The Assistant Director of Construction will create individualized learning plans for all Project Managers and follow up with those plans for compliance and improvement. This position will ensure all individual plans are followed through and report results to Staff VP semi-annually.
In addition this role with have some Regional Project Manager responsibility for assigned projects to include the following: support all physical plant construction, renovation, restoration, and major repair programs. This position is knowledgeable in building systems and construction methods specifically in health care environment. This position develops concepts and plans for facility growth or change in service as well as capital upkeep and replacement.
The key role of this position is advisor to each individual facility managing director to assist in growth planning and implementation, as it relates to buildings and facility campus. Essential Job Duties: Ultimately responsible for projects being delivered on budget and schedule.
Ensure that risks are being properly managed either contractually or via insurance products and is getting good business terms. Responsible for legal and contractual issues related to project delivery. Ensure we have an ethical and transparen
Working relationship with our vendors. Ensure projects are completed on budget and schedule and that the projects incorporate the latest best practices.
Capacity to manage multiple projects at one time with minimal supervision. Skill set to manager larger projects. Liaison between RVPs ,CEOs and D&C.
Engaged in upfront scope and budget /schedule development/ team selection with Project Managers, C-Suite and RVP's. Issue monthly report to Sr. VP, CFO, all RVP's CEO's, in addition to selected corporate entities.
Direct reportsare Sr. RPMs and RPMs. Provide mentoring and direct guidance to newer and less experienced staff.
Develop programs tailored to each PM's professional development. Continually seeking methods to improve on past performances through innovation and challenging assumptions. Knowledge of the different departments in hospital BH or Acute and the unique requirements for each.
Involved in HR functions such as recruitment, and promotions. Requirements BachelOR's degree required 3-5 yearsof hospital experience required. Must have experience building hospital from the ground up.
Strong leadership skills; specific construction implementation experience, some development experience, code and permit knowledge, negotiating skills, strong interpersonal skills to lead vendors, solid business decision making skills. Travel: 25% 50% nationwide
Remote Director Of ER
This position will be 90% trave
Working in an interim capacity for any hospital in need within the hospital'system. This is permanent role for the health system When the hospitals are fully staffed this position will provide ?Remote? consulting with limited travel.
Summary: The Director of Emergency Services shall act as the expert resource and Interim Director/Manager of Emergency Services for hospitals as requested by VP of Clinical Support Services, Division, OR'senior Management. This person will provide interim ED leadership for assigned hospitals in order to support and promote the development of the Emergency Department performance and the delivery of high quality of clinical care consistent with the mission of the hospital health system. This leader will provide consult services to other entities regarding program development, departmental operations, quality patient care and patient safety.
This person may also be asked to provide mentoring to individuals or groups of hospital-based ED Directors/Managers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to: Evaluating and supporting ED operations in assigned hospitals.
Assuming responsibility for the consultative development and implementation of policies, procedures, programs and clinical initiatives, while assisting in evaluation of ED processes and throughput. Serving as mentor and resource person for ED management. Assisting with development of educational material and disseminating to facilities clinical and non-clinical staff, as needed
Working collaboratively with others at Corporate to facilitate and improve ED operations, such aWorking with IS, Operations Support and Emergency Department Information System(EDIS) Vendors on EDIS issues. Developing collaborative relationships with Corporate and hospital personnel, staff and physicians, to ensure continued focus and improve operations.
Researching and developing evidence-based practice standards, best practice criteria and outcomes metrics for the hospitals. Certificates and Licenses: Current Nursing License required.
Certification in Lean Six Sigma preferred. BLS Certification required. Education/Experience:
Masters Degree in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration, or other health/business field, or currently actively enrolled in Masters Degree program in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration or other health/business related field is preferred. BSN required Must have at least yearsof Director of ER experience Technical knowledge of ED nursing, evidence based practice, and the continuum or care. Training and experience with process improvement, department performance management and optimization, and associated data analytics expertise is required.
Knowledge of computer systems, information systems, information management, and data analysis. Minimum of five years experience in varied disciplines of ED nursing. Minimum of five years experience in management and administration.
Preferred experience in multiple healthcare settings or healthcare system with multiple sites of operation. Experience in both community and tertiary care facilities are preferred.
Registered Nurse, DOH Regional Office
We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses for an available contract opportunity in Buffalo, NY.
Available Position: Registered Nurse - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Client Facility: DOH, Western Regional Office, 584 Delaware Ave. Buffalo, NY
Service Start Date: 12/26/2018
Service End Date: 02/22/2020
This position provides oversight for Public Health programs in the 17-County Western New York area.
Responsibilities focus on contract management, program guidance, evaluation, and monitoring.
Required Experience and skills:
- Current RN license,
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in the health care field
- Knowledge of & moderate proficiency in basic computer programs
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Quality Improvement Process
- Ability to collaborate, Ability to work independently & follow through on initiatives
- Able to build relationships with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds
- Prior experience in Maternal Child Health, population health and/or program management a plus
- Awareness of requirements of NYS DOH CSHCN Grant Program and the LPPP Program
- Familiar with NYS DOH computer applications to include HCS and NYSIIS
- Monitors Lead-web for critical values and trends,Interest in continuous education
Parallel Employment Group is growing and in need of skilled Maintenance Mechanics on all 3 shifts in the Buffalo and surrounding areas!
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to assemble, maintain and repair machinery. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems. An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.Responsibilities
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, pneumatic, welding etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
All qualified Mechanics please contact our offices for more information! 716-771-3325
Nurse Practitioner - Internal Medicine
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- Monday through Friday with no evenings or weekends.
- This is direct hire role
- Multiple openings throughout metro Buffalo
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Graduate of Accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program.
- Current NY State Certification/License
- Experience in Internal Medicine is preferred, however not required.
- New Graduates are welcome to apply!
Non-Invasive Cardiologist (Physician)
- UPSTATE NEW YORK , 1 & ½ HRS FROM BUFFALO, NY -
- Excellent partnership opportunity for a BC/BE Non-Invasive Cardiologist in a beautiful town in western New York.
- Join a successful physician-owned provider multi-specialty group.
- Call is shared, 10 days a month.
- Buy-in for partnership is very reasonable, spread over a period of time.
- Partners are equal, no seniority, and they share the building profits.
- Group has a good radiology department which includes everything except MRI.
- The hospital provides MRI if needed.
- Lab on site.
- This community close to a great ski and golf resort for those outdoorsman looking for year round activities.
- Affordable housing, and a safe environment in which to raise a family.
- This is a HPSA (Health Percentage Shortage Area) location physicians
- Highly competitive compensation, signing bonus relocation reimbursement available.
- J1 and H1B visa candidates invited to apply!
Regional Territory Manager
Location: Buffalo, NY
Relocation Assistance: No
The Regional Territory Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing customer base within a designated territory (US & Canada). This is a non-management role. The ideal candidate will have sales experience and knowledge in fiber optic solutions and applications servicing at least one of the following industries; Aerospace, Military, Energy, Medical or Industrial. This successful candidate will evaluate customer's applications, recommend solutions, conduct demonstrations/ presentations to end users, and close the sale.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred
- 5+ years experience in a technical sales role, Fiber Optic industry highly desired
- Experience delivering highly technical presentations/information to all levels of an organization
- Aerospace, Military, Energy, Medical or Industrial industry experience required
- Proven consistent sales success and meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Ability to travel extensively
- Fluent in French desirable
RF Engineer III
RF Engineer III is responsible for conducting highly complex network system administration and design engineering activities to maximize network connectivity and capacity. Performs engineering functions related to interconnect equipment and facilities, signaling systems, switches and traffic.
Responsibilities may include: performing cost justification studies; planning, ordering and deploying network components; forecasting network/equipment needs and recommending appropriate configurations; resolving complex maintenance problems; monitoring traffic flows to ensure call delivery optimization; and providing technical leadership and expertise to less experienced engineers. Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent. 5 years related work experience.
SPRINT MOBILE REQUIRED
Must be eligible to work in US.
Responsible for independently performing professional engineering assignments in functional area which involves the planning, evaluation and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Ability to create MOPs for best practices. Knowledge of True call, ISA, Atoll, RFDS, CIQ type of processes and tools
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent or Recent Graduate Degree in Engineering
Desired skills: Technical expertise and optimization skills in CDMA, LTE, VOLTE.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!