Building Cleaner Job Description Sample
Office Building Cleaner - On-Call (Experienced)
OFFICE BUILDING CLEANER - ON-CALL (EXPERIENCED)
Description L3 Technologies (formerly L-3 Communications)(L3 CS-East) is a recognized global leader in the design, development and production of secure communication systems and products supporting mission-critical space, ground, air and naval operations.L3 CS-Eastis where employees have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business and the world around us while thriving in an environment that continually fosters growth and career development. We are committed to providing best-in-class solutions to our customers with the highest level of integrity, excellence and uncompromised quality in everything we do. L3 Communication Systems-East is located on the waterfront directly across the river from Philadelphia's Penn's Landing. It is in the direct proximity of the New Jersey Aquarium, the BB&T Bank Center and Rutgers University. There is free parking and shuttle service to public transportation (PATCO) and the New Jersey Transit Riverline stops right on campus.
: Under general supervision clean, dust and polish furniture. Vacuum, sweep and mop floors.
Operate floor buffing machine to buff floors. Clean walls and windows. Empty waste containers.
Clean and disinfect toilets, bathroom fixtures and floors. Provide washrooms with soap, paper products and other necessary supplies. Report anything in need of repair or replacement to Supervisor.
Perform other related duties as assigned. No formal education requirement, however, candidates must be able to read, write, and comprehend English at the high school level. This is a reserve/part-time position.
Reserve Cleaners may also be "on call" on an "as needed basis". Hourly rate is $13.53. No benefits. \ * LI-NT Qualifications
: US Citizen. Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience cleaning offices/large facilities.
Must have experience operating cleaning equipment/machinery. Must be able to carry out directions, work independently, and pay attention to detail. Must have a flexible schedule, and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Candidates must have basic computer skills. No formal education requirements, however, candidates must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language at a high school level. This is a reserve/part-time position.
Reserve Cleaners may also be "on call" on an "as needed basis". Hourly rate is $13.53. No benefits. L3 is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. E-Verify participant.
Janitorial, Groundskeeping, Custodial
Primary Location USA-New Jersey-Camden
US Security Clearance Required:
Shift: Day - 1st
Organization: Division - Communication Systems East-20000030
Jun 2, 2017, 1:13:01 PM
Req ID: 090099
Trailer Washer / Building Cleaner
We are now hiring Req #953 Trailer Washer / building Cleaner Hourly Full Time Wednesday, October 25, 2017 AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER Job purpose The Trailer Wash Attendant will manage all functions to efficiently wash all trailers in the facility area. Duties and responsibilities
Efficiently and effectively wash parked trailers.
Inspect overall appearance of all trailers by thoroughly cleaning the trailer and perform minor trailer inspections.
Represent Cardinal with a professional and courteous manner.
Properly maintain all documentation.
Other duties assigned by management. Qualifications Qualifications include:
High School Degree or equivalent.
Requires the ability to work independently with good time management and problem solving skills.
Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Must meet quality, safety, attendance, and conduct policies. Working conditions Outside work environment. Will encounter weather conditions. Physical work. Physical requirements Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Ability to climb up and down ladders. Ability to carry objects in and out of trailer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/DISABLED Hourly High School CC831 Alachua, FL, Alachua, Florida, United States of America
Performs custodial work in casino/hotel property. Works within a team or individually to accomplish goals. Accountable for the overall cleaning, general maintenance, and communication of facility needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
2. Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures. Washes blinds and windows, may replace blinds.
3. Sanitize and detail bathroom fixtures and mirrors.
4. Remove debris and other trash from the facility.
5. Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
6. May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
High Ethical Standards
The cleaner performs their work in a variety of building settings; office, warehouse, theater, hospital, government, manufacturing facility, and other general public and private common areas. The cleaner may come in contact with various contaminants; allergens, chemicals, viruses, bodily fluids and such. Appropriate personal protective equipment shall be provided and utilized to the fullest.
Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, twists, and moves continually during working hours. Is subject to lifting / carrying over 35 lbs. Backpack vacuums are utilized and weigh approximately 12 lbs. full.
This position may be required to travel 0-20% of the time for the purposes of the care of multiple buildings.
Required Education & Experience
Preferred Education & Experience
1 year cleaning experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must pass criminal background check.
Must pass initial and random drug screening.
Traveling Cleaners are required to possess a valid driver’s license and current insurance.
Woodley Building Maintenance (WBM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. WBM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WBM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WBM employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Housekeeper / Cleaner
- Cleaning / disinfecting rooms and furnishings
- Provide trash collection in assigned work areas, following established policies and procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the building and grounds
- Move furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Performing a variety of environmental service duties to maintain the facility in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition.
*Position includes Union Benefits
- High school education or equivalent is desirable
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred
- Good personal hygiene and neat appearance
- Must be able to understand oral and written instruction
- Must be able to pass extensive background check
Washes and cleans floors, restrooms, carpet and other surfaces on a day-to-day basis, uses materials such as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses.
Essential Duties and
· Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
Cleans and maintains restrooms by picking up trash and debris on the floor, refilling paper products, replacing soap in dispensers, cleaning glass and mirrors, emptying containers and disposals and dusting surfaces.
Cleans glass partitions and glass mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
Empties wastebaskets and trash containers. Replaces waste container liners as needed.
Wipes counters and tables with general purpose cleaner.
Sterilizes water fountains every night with germicidal cleaner.
Furniture cleaning-fabric upholstery seats, backs and arms are to be spot whisked and wiped down with a general purpose cleaner.
Dusts furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
Scrubs, scrapes, or sprays miscellaneous equipment using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, abrasives, vacuums, and hoses.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Equipment Selection- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, and climbing.
The employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures, heights, and loud machinery or equipment. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
Janitor - Commercial Cleaner Labor Pool
Seeking highly motivated, energetic candidates for a variety of janitorial positions with a well established local company. Commercial cleaning experience a plus, but willing to train the right person. Competitive pay and benefits. Must be eligible for employment in the U.S. and able to pass a criminal background check. Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English. Most of our accounts are in the downtown Seattle area but some are as far as Tacoma, Marysville and Sammamish so transportation is a big plus. Mostly night work (Sunday through Thursday 5:30pm-2:00am) with occasional day shifts available. New employees are placed in "Back-up" status, meaning they are required to call the office daily for assignments. Work is not guaranteed for back up employees and regular assignments are given based on performance while on "Back-up" status.
Job Title: Commercial Janitor
Reports To: Account Manager/Account Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Keeps premises of office building or other commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties. If in a Lead capacity, the incumbent also ensures the route is followed according to the direction of the Account Manager/Account Supervisor, performs quality inspections, and may recommend disciplinary actions to the Account Manager/Account Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
Dusts furniture and equipment.
Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
Replenishes bathroom supplies.
Transports small equipment or tools between departments.
Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or hall.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication- Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Team Work- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Diversity- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
C&W Services is looking for energetic and hard working individuals to join our team. We will be holding a job fair to fill numerous cleaner positions we currently have open. Information listed below. We look forward to meeting you!
Night Cleaners Wanted - Third Shift Positions Available
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world’s largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple - talented people. Visit our website at https://cwservices.com.
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Part Time Evening Cleaner Positions Available In Henrietta
Part time evening cleaner. We have a building in Henrietta. You will be assigned to on a team of one other cleaner. You will be getting trash, vacuuming, mopping and general cleaning. We will give you all the necessary training in this building. No experience necessary. We background check and drug screen. Visit our website www.midnightjanitorial.com to learn more about us.
General Labor - Bus Cleaner
Washbay Employees are responsible for cleaning, fueling and maintaining all company vehicles as outlined below.
This is a Safety-Sensitive, EXEMPT position that can be REGULAR PART-TIME/CASUAL, REGULAR FULL-TIME and/or INTRODUCTORY.
Additional work responsibilities may be assigned based on level of experience, needs of the staff and the industry of the business for which the Washbay Employee works.
A. According to DAP-200 and DAP-201 of the Wolf’s Bus Lines, Employee Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy, all employees in a safety-sensitive position are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
B. Must be physically and mentally capable to follow instructions and to perform manual duties necessary to be a Washbay Employee.
II. Job Requirements and Responsibilities
A. Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations at all times.
B. Posses the ability to work as a team member and to work harmoniously with co-workers. Offensive language is strictly prohibited.
C. Be punctual for work, however, do not report more than fifteen (15) minutes prior to your shift begin time. Utilize the time-clock to ensure accurate time records. All time-cards must be completed and turned in to the General Manager by 9:00 a.m. on the Monday prior to payday Friday.
D. Attendance is a crucial factor in this job. In the event of illness or an emergency you must contact your supervisor as soon as possible, preferably three (3) hours prior to your shift begin time. If you fail to show for work without notice, you will receive a two-day suspension without pay. The next offense for no showing will result in automatic dismissal. Excessive absences will be addressed utilizing the Progressive Discipline Policy as outlined in the Wolf’s Bus Lines Company Policy Manual.
E. Vacation requests and/or requests off without pay must be written and turned in to the Washbay Supervisor at least two (2) weeks in advance.
(Please note: time-off requests may not be permitted in April, May, September, and October.)
F. Please see receptionist prior to visiting any office personnel.
G. Be courteous and respectful when dealing with fellow employees, customers, vendors, etc.
H. Lost and Found items are to be marked with a piece of tape with the following information, (the date the bus was out and bus number), then placed in lost and found bin. Expensive items need to be given to the front office or placed in locker #13.
I. Everyone is required to complete all jobs and tasks that are necessary to the Washbay Department. If you complete your assigned task, it is your responsibility to assist others in their tasks to ensure everything is complete prior to anyone leaving. All employees are required to work together to ensure they stay on schedule and take breaks at the same time.
J. At the end of each night – the wash needs to be done and everything cleaned up for the next night. (I.e. trash taken out, grates cleaned, wash & hang towels, etc.)
K. Inside of the Motorcoaches
o Put seat backs in the upright position.
o Return the arm rests to their stowed position.
o Ensure the seats are free of any debris (brush seats off).
o Treat stains on the seat covers with seat cleaner.
o Check and clean between the seats for paper and/or dirt.
o Wipe off the lower edge of the aisle armrests.
o Ensure they are clean and in the upright position.
o If the footrest does not go up, please repair, (tighten or loosen), if possible, to ensure they work properly. If you still are unable to repair please notify a Shop Employee.
· Remove all trash from the motorcoach. Always check the overhead luggage racks for trash and/or lost items.
· Clean all windows with window spray including the drivers area. Ensure they are not streaked.
· Clean the restroom area. Wipe down the walls and seat area. Check and fill all supplies.
· On the side walls of the motorcoach, wipe down the stainless steel area close to the floor.
· Sweep the Floor – scrape gum/candy off the floor before mopping.
· Dust the dash and driver area.
· Clean the floor around the foot pedals.
· Ensure that the driver’s box has enough supplies for the upcoming trips.
· Clean the step area and wipe the stainless steel with a cloth. This is a very important area. When passengers first board the motorcoach this is the first area they see. We want to be sure the first impression of the boarding passengers is a positive one!
L. Outside of the Motorcoaches
· A trained employee drives the motorcoach into the washbay. (A CDL is not required as long as the motorcoach remains on Wolf’s Bus Lines premises.)
· The employee who drives the motorcoach around to the washbay is responsible to check the Vehicle Inspection Report book for any driver write-ups.
· If the issue is something the Washbay Employee can repair such as a broken light, ensure the job is completed. If it is a serious mechanical issue, the Shop Employee will correct when they retrieve the Vehicle Inspection Report from the bin in the driver’s room.
If the motorcoach is scheduled out early and has a defect you cannot repair, call the EMERGENCY LINE, (717) 528-7654.
· Ensure all lights are working properly.
· Run the large washing machine around the entire bus. (Be careful not to scratch the mirrors.)
· Hand wash the front of the motorcoach, wheels and tires. (Please make sure that the entire windshield is clear of bugs, dirt and streaks.)
· Dump the restroom. Refill using the proper chemical and water mixture.
· Check all fluids and gauges, (Engine oil, water/anti-freeze, power steering fluid, DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid), transmission and blower fan.)
· Check engine oil and add as necessary.
· Fuel the motorcoach and record the gallons of fuel and oil added. Record the mileage from the odometer.
(Be careful to record accurate miles, NOT kilometers.)
· Check the luggage bays for cleanliness. Mop the bays out after each trip.
· Squeegee all windows to eliminate water droplet marks.
(Front and sides)
· Wipe outside mirrors on both sides of the motorcoach. (No streaks.)
M. Extra Items
(During the slow times and extra man hours are available, the following items can be completed to ensure our company vehicles remain up to par.)
· Scrub the luggage bays by hand with a brush.
· Wipe down the overhead compartments inside the motorcoach.
· Shampoo the seats and floors in the fifteen (15) passenger van and wax.
· Scrape the floor inside the motorcoach and remove build up of dirt along the edges.
· Open the windows and clean out the dirt and garbage around the windows.
· Clean and wax any available company vehicles.
N. House Cleaning
· Around the middle of December, we will begin house cleaning the buses. This will last until approximately the middle of March.
O. Call the EMERGENCY LINE, (717) 528-7654, with all concerns and/or emergencies after normal hours of operation.
III. Job Specific Guidelines
A. Smoking is prohibited in all offices, driver’s room, and company vehicles.
B. Parking of personal vehicles should be at the side of the terminal and not in front of the office. Please leave the front of the building spaces open for customers.
C. Driver’s entrance door to the terminal must remain closed at all times.
D. Do not use company property for personal use unless prior approval has been obtained.
E. All employees shall use the seat belts installed by the vehicle manufacturer properly adjusted and securely fastened when operating or riding in any vehicle so equipped if used on company business.
F. Earphones are illegal and their use while operating or performing work in/on company vehicles is prohibited.
G. No use of hand held Cell Phones, GPS or any other Electronic Device while operating company vehicles.
H. Employees should NEVER negatively discuss Wolf’s Bus Lines, co-workers, equipment, etc. around or with customers, vendors, etc.
I. Do not discuss your problems, concerns, or complaints with our customers, vendors and/or fellow employees. We all have our own problems and most do not wish to hear about yours. Management will be glad to discuss any matter, which may jeopardize your attitude or affect your handling of customers, vendors, and/or fellow employees.
J. Do not idle engines needlessly. Please refer to the Diesel-Powered Motor Vehicle Idling Act of 2009.
K. No unauthorized visitors are permitted in the Shop and/or Washbay area unattended. Employees are responsible for the conduct and safety of their visitors.
L. Washbay Employees report directly to the Washbay Supervisor. The Washbay Supervisor has the authority to delegate and assign particular duties and to discipline Washbay Employees according to company policy.
M. Listed below are our Washbay Department break and meal times. These times are to be followed as listed. All Washbay Employees must remain on Wolf’s Bus Lines premises during these periods in order to be compensated. If for any reason the Washbay Employee leaves Wolf’s Bus Lines premises it must be during their MEAL period only and the Washbay Employee must clock out and clock back in upon return.
· Two (2) paid fifteen (15) minute breaks are provided.
o One (1) fifteen (15) minute break at 11:00 p.m. and one (1) fifteen (15) minute break at 3:00 a.m.
· One (1) paid thirty (30) minute meal period will be provided at 1:00 a.m.
N. Washbay Employees are required to attend occasional Wolf’s Bus Lines employee meetings.
O. Complete a Washbay Employee Job Description.
P. Any grievance a Washbay Employee has should be directed to management.
Remember: Good workers do not need constant supervision!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!